May 09, 2024, 12:24:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 7994 7995 7996 7997 7998 7999 8000 8001 8002 8003 8004 8005 8006 8007 8008 8009 8010 8011 8012 8013 8014 8015 8016 8017 8018 8019 8020 8021 8022 8023 8024 8025 8026 8027 8028 8029 8030 8031 8032 8033 8034 8035 8036 8037 8038 8039 8040 8041 8042 8043 [8044] 8045 8046 8047 8048 8049 8050 8051 8052 8053 8054 8055 8056 8057 8058 8059 8060 8061 8062 8063 8064 8065 8066 8067 8068 8069 8070 8071 8072 8073 8074 8075 8076 8077 8078 8079 8080 8081 8082 8083 8084 8085 8086 8087 8088 8089 8090 8091 8092 8093 8094 ... 33336 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26380768 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10233

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 05:53:48 AM

A big hidden ask wall has been selling on Bfx for 6 hours at 500.27.

It was nice of him not to just dump. 

"nice"    hahahahahaha..... They's too scared to just dump BTCs.. that is why they's be creating these invisible walls.   Cheesy Cheesy Wink

time to kiss $500 goodbye

Yeah... let's kiss $500 goodbye for the next half hour...   bye, bye $500...  Kiss   Kiss   Kiss

See you in half an hour.    Cheesy    Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 05:59:33 AM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 05:59:55 AM

OpenBazaar will be like a Silk Road that no one can shut down.

I thought that silk road was already like a silk road that could NOT be shut down.

This is more P2P as opposed to centralized through a market hub. The architecture is a little more thoughtful. It should hold strong.

o.k. b/c I though that silk road was already using p2p and Thor and all that jazz.. 

I am a little confused about some of the technical anonymizing capabilities - especially in light of ever changing tactics and some of the evolving powers of the USA govt, including NSA crap.
Newbie1022

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:00:05 AM

1. Winklevoss will be shot down... agreed. But I am saying that as a former law student. All of the "analysts" say that it will go through and so that conventional wisdom should be used as the current peg especially given the ability to just use tight stop losses.

"former law student" is supposed to bring some expertise?   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

WE do NOT really have any strong or credible evidence that Winklevoss will be shot down...   I thought that the weight of the persuasive evidence (upon the preponderance of the law talk) was that Winklevoss would go through?

2. GABI is partially priced in and will not be the boon we wished it was. That said, it should feature some upside in buy activity, even if the purchases are off the market, because the coins accumulated would have otherwise been dumped on the exchanges. Thus, this brings upward pressure.

Gabi is NOT priced in b/c the purchase of BTC is an ongoing activity, and we do NOT know when they will be buying their 200k BTC.. or if they have already bought them... I agree if they have already bought a large majority of the 200K BTC, then probably GABI is priced in.

3. Dubai is another market... it's a good thing... not a huge thing. Dubai and re-expanding into Japan might help patch the issue of new users temporarily, but coins are being mined a lot quicker than newbies come in and so many get burnt early and develop an aversion. Thus, we have a problem of an only marginally expanding base coming in the next year.

4. OpenBazaar is both an Ebay and a Silk Road. The founders of it won't say that because they aren't trying to incur legal liability and are trying to play the role of decentralized middle men. But, it is a dark market... that's what happens in dark markets. That may breathe some life into this whole gambit for a little longer.

In a nutshell... we should be higher at this specific moment in time. As far as a few months from now... that could be a disaster. A few years from now... a total f---ing disaster.

I agree with you general sentiment that there is going to be upward pressures on the acquisition and accumulation of BTC, and accordingly upward pressure on price in the short term.  On the other hand, I do NOT understand how you could thereafter conclude that further down the road there is doom and gloom.  In fact further down the road, there should be increased upward pressure on attempting to acquire and to accumulate BTC and therefore upward pressure on BTC prices, which I would NOT characterize as anything approaching "disaster."

On the Winklevi... we have a few talking heads who have said their opinion and thrown in words like "the preponderance of the law." SEC provides much less latitude when an investment is not limited to sophisticated, wealthy, or experienced investors. See Purina case. The ETF will be limited in large part to such investors, but these activities will touch on the investments of less sophisticated investors. I could go into a multitude of cases, but it would just be attacked by FUD. So, let me just say that Securities Regulation was my best and favorite class, my prof was the former SEC enforcement head, and I just don't see the s--- happening. I may very well be wrong. I figure that's what stop-losses are for.

All the rest... cool.

In the long-term, people get burnt or change their mind. There is also a much more pervasive screwing of traders now that Wall Street has entered the game. Finally, the deals being attached through the mainstream, uber-regulated, above board side of the market are just f---ing lame. 10% off on Dell products? Really? I could do better than that without even trying on Amazon and heaven forbid I did try I could probably get 50% off sticker on Dell products. So, really, I don't see that working out too hot. You can count all the wallets you want or use the word adoption in every sentence, but lame is lame.

For the average, everyday user Bitcoin just becomes a tax hassle with at least a feeling of less security (although I don't really think that is all that true at all) where the value of your funds are ever in the hands of a non-politically accountable Junta of insiders (like with the U.S. dollar, but to a higher degree because Wall Street is historically filled with scumbags) and your balance could be effectively zeroed out upon implementation of bans the next time a terrorist acts a fool or the government starts to worry it might replace state backed currencies. Also, knowing all of those hassles, or even suspecting them, it takes a truly virtuous soul to give it a chance (and they'll end up being f---ed over by one of these bucket shop exchanges). So yes, I said f---ing disaster because, frankly, this s--- is going to be worth $5 comes 2020, and maybe even sooner, unless we turn back towards the dark markets.

Which is why OpenBazaar, to me, is really tremendous news.
Newbie1022

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:03:07 AM

OpenBazaar will be like a Silk Road that no one can shut down.

I thought that silk road was already like a silk road that could NOT be shut down.

This is more P2P as opposed to centralized through a market hub. The architecture is a little more thoughtful. It should hold strong.

o.k. b/c I though that silk road was already using p2p and Thor and all that jazz.. 

I am a little confused about some of the technical anonymizing capabilities - especially in light of ever changing tactics and some of the evolving powers of the USA govt, including NSA crap.

See quote, below. It's basically bordering on being offline. It's way safer than Tor.

"It goes a step beyond the darknet, the former home of Silk Road, where users need to download specialized software in order to access sites. It is more comparable to Bittorrent, a p2p file sharing platform. Similarly, OpenBazaar is a p2p e-commerce platform that doesn’t involve any central servers. The software, along with a database of the marketplace, is downloaded to your computer." - See more at: http://forexmagnates.com/bitcoin-picks-openbazaar-to-launch-beta-banco-santander-to-devise-bitcoin-strategy/#sthash.vYKJDqE2.dpuf
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:11:07 AM

Momentum hasn't picked up too heavily yet, but I suspect it might. We kept pounding on that 3100/500 level until it gave in. I think when we bounce next, it may become a strong resistance. We'll see, but it looks like there is more down incoming. Undecided
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 06:14:02 AM

WOOOT sub 500

i just come back from a Fuckin wedding man , lOl no joke CraZy Partuy!!!
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 06:14:50 AM

BITCOIN!!!
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 06:16:05 AM

falllling

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:16:26 AM

Momentum hasn't picked up too heavily yet, but I suspect it might. We kept pounding on that 3100/500 level until it gave in. I think when we bounce next, it may become a strong resistance. We'll see, but it looks like there is more down incoming. Undecided

told ya, you have to face bitcoin's downfall sooner or later
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:18:05 AM

On the Winklevi... we have a few talking heads who have said their opinion and thrown in words like "the preponderance of the law." SEC provides much less latitude when an investment is not limited to sophisticated, wealthy, or experienced investors. See Purina case. The ETF will be limited in large part to such investors, but these activities will touch on the investments of less sophisticated investors. I could go into a multitude of cases, but it would just be attacked by FUD. So, let me just say that Securities Regulation was my best and favorite class, my prof was the former SEC enforcement head, and I just don't see the s--- happening. I may very well be wrong. I figure that's what stop-losses are for.

Well, I am glad that you have studied into some of what you perceive to be relevant precedent, and based upon that you have come to what you believe is an informed prediction.

I believe that is what we all do.  We act upon what information that we have and we assign probabilities to it, and if we are exposed to new information, then maybe we will change our probability assignments.

By the way, when you suggest that people who are bullish about BTC are in the habit of using FUD, you are largely mischaracterizing what seems to go on around here.  Frequently, downward price manipulators are in the practice of spreading FUD or partial information or incomplete information  in order to talk down BTC and to talk down its potential and to talk down its risk.. NOT all bears do this, but that is largely where you see the FUD. 

On the other side (the bullish inclinations), you may see exuberance, but most of the time these bullish inclined people are NOT in the habit of purposefully spreading misinformation about BTC.

In the long-term, people get burnt or change their mind. There is also a much more pervasive screwing of traders now that Wall Street has entered the game. Finally, the deals being attached through the mainstream, uber-regulated, above board side of the market are just f---ing lame. 10% off on Dell products? Really? I could do better than that without even trying on Amazon and heaven forbid I did try I could probably get 50% off sticker on Dell products. So, really, I don't see that working out too hot. You can count all the wallets you want or use the word adoption in every sentence, but lame is lame.

It seems that you are over emphasizing trivial matters here.  The importance about dell and other large liquidation opportunities is just that, the ability to liquidate in a variety of ways and the fact that more and more larger venders are incorporating BTC payments into their offerings.

For the average, everyday user Bitcoin just becomes a tax hassle with at least a feeling of less security (although I don't really think that is all that true at all) where the value of your funds are ever in the hands of a non-politically accountable Junta of insiders (like with the U.S. dollar, but to a higher degree because Wall Street is historically filled with scumbags) and your balance could be effectively zeroed out upon implementation of bans the next time a terrorist acts a fool or the government starts to worry it might replace state backed currencies. Also, knowing all of those hassles, or even suspecting them, it takes a truly virtuous soul to give it a chance (and they'll end up being f---ed over by one of these bucket shop exchanges). So yes, I said f---ing disaster because, frankly, this s--- is going to be worth $5 comes 2020, and maybe even sooner, unless we turn back towards the dark markets.

O.k. now, I can kind of see where you are coming from with the term "disaster," yet I still get the sense that you are being overly pessimistic. 

I do tend to agree with you; however, there are going to need to be continuing and ongoing darkmarket type BTC developments in order to assist with some of the potential problems of either financial market manipulations and/ or governmental manipulations of the BTC space.
falllling

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:20:44 AM

Well, I am glad that you have studied into some of what you perceive to be relevant precedent, and based upon that you have come to what you believe is an informed prediction.

I believe that is what we all do.  We act upon what information that we have and we assign probabilities to it, and if we are exposed to new information, then maybe we will change our probability assignments.

By the way, when you suggest that people who are bullish about BTC are in the habit of using FUD, you are largely mischaracterizing what seems to go on around here.  Frequently, downward price manipulators are in the practice of spreading FUD or partial information or incomplete information  in order to talk down BTC and to talk down its potential and to talk down its risk.. NOT all bears do this, but that is largely where you see the FUD.  

On the other side (the bullish inclinations), you may see exuberance, but most of the time these bullish inclined people are NOT in the habit of purposefully spreading misinformation about BTC.

It seems that you are over emphasizing trivial matters here.  The importance about dell and other large liquidation opportunities is just that, the ability to liquidate in a variety of ways and the fact that more and more larger venders are incorporating BTC payments into their offerings.

O.k. now, I can kind of see where you are coming from with the term "disaster," yet I still get the sense that you are being overly pessimistic.  

I do tend to agree with you; however, there are going to need to be continuing and ongoing darkmarket type BTC developments in order to assist with some of the potential problems of either financial market manipulations and/ or governmental manipulations of the BTC space.

it looks like JayJuanGee is trying to "talk up" BTC
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:23:15 AM

I believe that is what we all do.  We act upon what information that we have and we assign probabilities to it, and if we are exposed to new information, then maybe we will change our probability assignments.

By the way, when you suggest that people who are bullish about BTC are in the habit of using FUD, you are largely mischaracterizing what seems to go on around here.  Frequently, downward price manipulators are in the practice of spreading FUD or partial information or incomplete information  in order to talk down BTC and to talk down its potential and to talk down its risk.. NOT all bears do this, but that is largely where you see the FUD.  

It seems that you are over emphasizing trivial matters here.  The importance about dell and other large liquidation opportunities is just that, the ability to liquidate in a variety of ways and the fact that more and more larger venders are incorporating BTC payments into their offerings.

I should change my name to RRRRRRRRRRRRRiiiiiiisssssing   or maybe to NOT_fallllllllllllling
grappa_barricata

Activity: 154

playing pasta and eating mandolinos

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:23:45 AM

Meh... buy back time already.
Newbie1022

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:23:54 AM

I believe that is what we all do.  We act upon what information that we have and we assign probabilities to it, and if we are exposed to new information, then maybe we will change our probability assignments.

By the way, when you suggest that people who are bullish about BTC are in the habit of using FUD, you are largely mischaracterizing what seems to go on around here.  Frequently, downward price manipulators are in the practice of spreading FUD or partial information or incomplete information  in order to talk down BTC and to talk down its potential and to talk down its risk.. NOT all bears do this, but that is largely where you see the FUD. 

It seems that you are over emphasizing trivial matters here.  The importance about dell and other large liquidation opportunities is just that, the ability to liquidate in a variety of ways and the fact that more and more larger venders are incorporating BTC payments into their offerings.

"By the way, when you suggest that people who are bullish about BTC are in the habit of using FUD, you are largely mischaracterizing what seems to go on around here.  Frequently, downward price manipulators are in the practice of spreading FUD or partial information or incomplete information  in order to talk down BTC and to talk down its potential and to talk down its risk.. NOT all bears do this, but that is largely where you see the FUD. "

Nah, I meant that if I tried to make the esoteric legal explanation, which at least opens the door to a more negative possibility, this would like be characterized as a FUD attempt. So, I simply would say that I have some concerns.

As far as the pessimism... I am normally biased in that direction so take that with at least a grain of salt -- I am naturally a critic. That said, there are some real challenges and we may very well meet them. But, it's not like they aren't there. The further out you go, failure is always more likely than success.

I heart the Black Market, non-regulated aspects of Bitcoin. F--- Wall Street. Bunch of bastards.

Newbie1022

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:25:44 AM

Dude's been a bull from day one. It's not like he is Rpietilla (or whatever the hell his name is) selling $100,000 magic bean coins while also looking to unload a stunning array of s---coins. JayJuanGee is alright.
Newbie1022

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:37:31 AM

Ok... Just do the opposite of me. That seems to be the most advisable path. I should actually start doing a trading forecast blog so that you all know exactly what not to do.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 06:41:29 AM

falling STFU

i went to a crazy party last night and i said so crazy shit

but saying bitcoin was gonna go to the moon in 10 years or pretty fucking son so BUY BUY BUY!

wasn't one of them.

bitcoin is fucking Gold my friend, Gold!

deal with it.

you know this..... you know bitcoin....
falllling

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:44:38 AM

falling STFU

i went to a crazy party last night and i said so crazy shit

but saying bitcoin was gonna go to the moon in 10 years or pretty fucking son so BUY BUY BUY!

wasn't one of them.

bitcoin is fucking Gold my friend, Gold!

deal with it.

you know this..... you know bitcoin....

sell walls at $500 are being built, soon $500 will be a unreachable target or replace the definition of "moon" Smiley
grappa_barricata

Activity: 154

playing pasta and eating mandolinos

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 06:50:33 AM

sell walls at $500 are being built, soon $500 will be a unreachable target or replace the definition of "moon" Smiley

I see no walls at 500$, and I'm watching 6 fucking markets.
Pages: « 1 ... 7994 7995 7996 7997 7998 7999 8000 8001 8002 8003 8004 8005 8006 8007 8008 8009 8010 8011 8012 8013 8014 8015 8016 8017 8018 8019 8020 8021 8022 8023 8024 8025 8026 8027 8028 8029 8030 8031 8032 8033 8034 8035 8036 8037 8038 8039 8040 8041 8042 8043 [8044] 8045 8046 8047 8048 8049 8050 8051 8052 8053 8054 8055 8056 8057 8058 8059 8060 8061 8062 8063 8064 8065 8066 8067 8068 8069 8070 8071 8072 8073 8074 8075 8076 8077 8078 8079 8080 8081 8082 8083 8084 8085 8086 8087 8088 8089 8090 8091 8092 8093 8094 ... 33336 »
  Print  

Jump to: