June 19, 2024, 07:12:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 18878 18879 18880 18881 18882 18883 18884 18885 18886 18887 18888 18889 18890 18891 18892 18893 18894 18895 18896 18897 18898 18899 18900 18901 18902 18903 18904 18905 18906 18907 18908 18909 18910 18911 18912 18913 18914 18915 18916 18917 18918 18919 18920 18921 18922 18923 18924 18925 18926 18927 [18928] 18929 18930 18931 18932 18933 18934 18935 18936 18937 18938 18939 18940 18941 18942 18943 18944 18945 18946 18947 18948 18949 18950 18951 18952 18953 18954 18955 18956 18957 18958 18959 18960 18961 18962 18963 18964 18965 18966 18967 18968 18969 18970 18971 18972 18973 18974 18975 18976 18977 18978 ... 33461 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26403307 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Rosewater Foundation

Activity: 392
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:47:48 AM

Every time we get one of these crypto-market 'rotations' the first thing I do is look to see if any of our gift coins are going anywhere.

BTG is not going anywhere.

Stellar is, if you claimed yours several months ago. I did.

I missed that one, and Bitcoin Unlimited. I've totally dropped the ball on these forks I think. B2X is out in the wild. No idea about it at all.
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:53:48 AM

Every time we get one of these crypto-market 'rotations' the first thing I do is look to see if any of our gift coins are going anywhere.

I missed that one, and Bitcoin Unlimited. I've totally dropped the ball on these forks I think. B2X is out in the wild. No idea about it at all.

I have also missed some airdrops. This is starting to look like a fucking job to keep track and claim all those shit. Maybe a lucrative one though.
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 12353

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:54:39 AM

Mmm Many friends and friend of friends calling me cause few years back they hear me talking about crypto and bitcoin.... I told them to buy maybe Just buy every month of there savings a small percentage into bitcoin No matter what the price is... instead Just normal talk and answers we Will look into iT and blabla only 1 out of 20 bought it that time....

Last 3 to 5 months offcourse Many calling for what to buy and isn’t btc over maybe to buy cheaper coins and So on...
Giving them the same advice Just buy 80-90 % btc and maybe try  with the other 10-20% to play a little bit
BUT MOST OFF ALL COLLECT THEM BITCOINS

Now everybody is giving me types and Hero story’s about buying ripple and Going from 0.75 to 2.6 and beeing masters of crypto  :-). :-) how Many of you Guy’s have freinds suddenly telling you what to buy and whats best and everything
the artful bodger

Activity: 292
Merit: 265

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:00:06 AM

This cointelegraph story suggests it's not worth bothering with. It has a massive premine.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/what-the-fork-new-segwit2x-launches-with-massive-premine-unknown-development-team
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:02:33 AM

Mmm Many friends and friend of friends calling me cause few years back they hear me talking about crypto and bitcoin.... I told them to buy maybe Just buy every month of there savings a small percentage into bitcoin No matter what the price is... instead Just normal talk and answers we Will look into iT and blabla only 1 out of 20 bought it that time....

Last 3 to 5 months offcourse Many calling for what to buy and isn’t btc over maybe to buy cheaper coins and So on...
Giving them the same advice Just buy 80-90 % btc and maybe try  with the other 10-20% to play a little bit

Now everybody is giving me types and Hero story’s about buying ripple and Going from 0.75 to 2.6 and beeing masters of crypto  :-). :-) how Many of you Guy’s have freinds suddenly telling you what to buy and whats best and everything

Exactly the same I have been experiencing over the past month/couple of months. It's ridiculous, and impossible to argue while they keep seeing better ROI's in most cases.

Maybe let's just remember we experienced a similar situation around march/may when alt's/ico's rallyed while BTC stalled. We all know what hapenned after.
RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:04:45 AM

This cointelegraph story suggests it's not worth bothering with. It has a massive premine.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/what-the-fork-new-segwit2x-launches-with-massive-premine-unknown-development-team

Sketchy as hell.

28% premine by the team.  WTF!

Who would want to re-use the name SegWit2x?

Might as well call it TitanicCoin.
El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:13:04 AM

Exactly the same I have been experiencing over the past month/couple of months. It's ridiculous, and impossible to argue while they keep seeing better ROI's in most cases.

Maybe let's just remember we experienced a similar situation around march/may when alt's/ico's rallyed while BTC stalled. We all know what hapenned after.

IT getting very crazy everybody Just want to make a quick Buck happy to see 1-2-3-4-5k to dubble and then sending me textmessages with the profit they took but they never see the bigger  picture the long term they don’t get it
The gains that they Will miss
TERA2

Activity: 266
Merit: 222

Deb Rah Von Doom

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:15:36 AM

Nah theyll have about 5 years to get back in
El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:18:38 AM

Breaking 24777$ prediction game      FINAL LIST       

MERRY XMAS TO Y'ALL     AND GOOD LUCK

Nice, so plopping all the dates into Excel and converting/calculating gives:

4/3/18      Average
2/19/18      Median

We love you, Santa Geek!   Kiss

Haha maybe to turn into eastern bunny geek after hitting 24777 ( if we get iT in time)
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 4322

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:24:09 AM

4/3/18      Average
2/19/18      Median

Haha maybe to turn into eastern bunny geek after hitting 24777 ( if we get iT in time)

We will! Grin

And many thanks for the cool games!
ivomm
Legendary

Activity: 1861
Merit: 2888

All good things to those who wait

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:32:58 AM
Last edit: December 30, 2017, 12:05:28 PM by ivomm

Giving them the same advice Just buy 80-90 % btc and maybe try  with the other 10-20% to play a little bit

Now everybody is giving me types and Hero story’s about buying ripple and Going from 0.75 to 2.6 and beeing masters of crypto  :-). :-) how Many of you Guy’s have freinds suddenly telling you what to buy and whats best and everything

I tell them: if you have 10-20% gains, its OK, just hurry to sell now, because no one knows when the owners and hodlers (total of 100 bln xrp coins 60 bln of which held by the owners!!!) will start dumping. You can't sleep well if you are holding. You may wake up with a 95% loss. Will you wait months and years to get back your funds? More probably you will be depressed after checking each day the downward chart and sell with a big loss. On the other hand, BTC has nearly 17 mln coins in circulation (big part of them is locked or lost forever). No one can manipulate the market long-term. There may be several days stalls but the upward trend is guaranteed. You can buy, put it in a hardware wallet and wait several years. The gains are sure and will be much more than riding the altcoins pump wave.
Agapios

Activity: 135
Merit: 17

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:33:43 AM

4/3/18      Average
2/19/18      Median

Any which exchange will you use to determine winner ?
rjclarke2000
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1016

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:56:27 AM

4/3/18      Average
2/19/18      Median

Stamp
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 10423

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:56:41 AM

Bitcoin goes down while the least suspected alts go up. What surprise? Start with FOMO, end with FUD, and repeat.
But really, the whole price psychology has little effect on hodlers who are in it because they believe in what it will become.  We're still in infancy I think where whales are able to move markets at whim. Competition will come and coins will eventually distribute. This is neither the last or the greatest bull run or bear market BTC will see before we arrive at adoption. I'm not even counting on a return to $'s but a value once the petrol dollar finally goes tits up and coin value is based on real world use.  That's the dream, right guyz?

On the one hand, I agree with you, but on the other hand, who fucking cares?

hahahhaha

a bit of a contradiction there.

Before you get your panties in a ruffle, Icygreen, let me back up my premise with we would need to have fucking well over $100 trillion BTC market cap before what you are saying makes sense.

That is about a 400x price increase from our current status.

Sure it could happen, but we have a long fucking way to get there.

We had a 78x increase in the past 2years, and yeah, that is all fine and dandy - but we are not quite yet sustained at that 78x increase because we have a bit of a dip here. 

Maybe what I am saying that there is not really a problem to keep that kind of end goal in mind, but we are a long fucking way from getting there and we should be attempting to enjoy the journey along the way... and also there is likely to be a lot more ups and downs and ups and downs before we squeeze another 400x plus price appreciation out of this bad boy, no?

Sure, it is possible that such 400x plus price appreciation is closer than I think and I am being too much of a negative Nancy, but I do think that we should be attempting to deal with more of the here and now (and does not hurt to have those BIGGER pictures in the back of our head), but the here and now.. .. is a long way from the aspiration that you paint, no?

Appreciate the thoughts.  Sure, we could be a long way off still but what's "long" 2 years, 3 or are we talking 20 years? Doubtful the latter.

You talk about bitcoin becoming the world reserve currency as if such outcome were inevitable, and it is merely a matter of time regarding when such world currency status will happen.  So I am quibling with you regarding both the time of your projection and the inevitability that you seem to be asserting.

Since I'm not as early in the adoption curve as many here, I still consider myself in the accumulation phase.

I have always been a BTC accumulator, but I believe that i understand what you are saying.  There is a kind of time period in which you are transitioning into bitcoin and taking you initial stake.  I considered my first year in bitcoin from late 2013 to late 2014 to have been that early accumulation stage - thereafter, I was a bit less obsessed with accumulation and I felt that i was mostly maintaining (which also has involved accumulation, but not nearly on any kind of level that was near to my first year).  

I'm quite happy with my meager hodlings and selling is off the table almost completely at this time for me. It always looks like a fine idea in hindsight. Perhaps I'll join your trading trading strategy after another 20X and if that day never comes, well, I gave it my best for something I believed would change the world for the better. 

Actually, I am glad that you are not getting defensive about the strong tone of my first response to your assertions, because even though my first response was criticizing the way you had expressed bitcoin's expected reserve currency status, I still agree with the overall concept that you should only be taking a decently large stake in some kind of asset that you have decently positive assessments regarding its likely long term performance.  So, yeah, in the crypto space, bitcoin does seem to be heads and shoulders above any other crypto in terms of fundamentals, and building of network effects and seeming resilience to ongoing onslaughts of attacks from various hostile entities (both seemingly internal and external)... so far, knock on wood...

I believe that if I were to do my initial investment into bitcoin again, I think that I would tweak the way that I did such initial investment to incorporate both buying and selling.  I think that I could have learned more faster, and I think that I could have accumulated more bitcoins with such a strategy.   I did not sell any bitcoins for nearly my first two years of my investment, because I did not have any strategy for selling BTC.  Whenever I did sell any, I replaced those bitcoins within a day or two.

In the first two years, I was attempting to simplify the whole matter, and I was thinking that my whole BTC portfolio had to be profitable in order to sell any BTC - and that way I was always buying lower and selling higher than I bought - and I found out that i had been way too conservative.  When I finally did authorize myself to sell some BTC, I ended up dividing my BTC holdings into 3 categories, and in essence I authorized myself to sell a small portion within the bought lower than sell point BTCs.  Later, after I traded a while, I realized that I did not need to engage in such conceptualization in order to be smarter about selling bitcoin and being able to use proceeds from BTC sales to buy back additional BTC... just buy selling really small increments, and selling on the way up.  I started selling at about $250 - but I had acquired plenty of BTC below $250 (even though my overall average cost per BTC was over $500 at that time).  

Anyhow, my point is that in order to figure out a profitable strategy, you can begin already to sell really small amounts of BTC as the price is going up and to use that money to buy back when the price goes down.. and you also can sell such a small amount of BTC that you are not going to care whether the price goes down, anyhow, because those BTC are profitable, and you still have a decent remaining stash of BTC, whether that is .1BTC or 1 BTC or 10 BTC or 100BTC or some other quantity.  You do not have to be 20x to begin such a process to profit from BTC's volatility and to play with small amounts and to get benefits from such.

For the earlies here who have "fuck you money" ya, who cares? Take your earnings and enjoy some life.

I surely do feel like that - yet I also have obligations too that I cannot just abandon.  I think that as we get older, sometimes, there can be difficulties in life concerning the number of obligations that we have created.. and fuck when I was in my 20s and even in my early 30s, I had way fucking more easy mobility (but just no money).  Now, I gots me money, but fucking difficulties just severing obligations... fuck fuck fuck.  I am going to end up losing some money to makes some of my severances, but the more irritating parts concern nothing being easy and other peeps getting in the way, too. I am working on it. I am working on it, but I still cannot rush it, even with fuck you money.  Fuck.

Enjoying life has always been my priority #1 , well before money and I know if the money slows or stops, I'll be just fine.
On that note, I've gotta go kitesurfing, getting windy!  Cool

Maybe if you are in your 20s, you might think that you don't need to worry about not having a cushion.  I think that even by the time I got into my 30s, I began to think that I needed to have a financial cushion... which I think involves having a sufficient income stream to cover you for a certain number of years.  If you are 30, perhaps, you may consider that among the most optimistic scenarios is living until 90, but most peeps in their 20s, 30s and even early 40s, seem to have some drive to work... but currently, even though I have a quite a few skills, I am getting the sense that I do not want to work - even though I still could find things to do and even ways to feel productive and even find new hobbies.  I already have enough fun things (and hobbies) that would likely keep me fully busy and entertained, so I don't feel any need to maintain some kind of work obligation to give me sense of meaning.. at least not currently... but knowing myself, even if I start traveling the world, I will end up finding some activities that become like a job to me.
rjclarke2000
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1016

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:57:57 AM

JJG, my plan is to stop my day job at 40. It’s not too far off......either of them
Ludwig Von

Activity: 854
Merit: 307

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 12:13:08 PM

4/3/18      Average
2/19/18      Median

Stamp

It 's gonna be 04/10 !
svdleer

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 12:16:06 PM

Dropped another 300, we are going for a retest.

We are still not sell exhausted?
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 12:21:45 PM

Looking good for january ...

mikenz

Activity: 215
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 12:24:29 PM

thats just a the 6h chart friendo. What do want to do with that?

look at the 1week logarithmic one. we are going back to 3-5k for consolidation.

We are still not sell exhausted?

of course not. correction ist just starting.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 10423

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 12:31:09 PM

JJG, my plan is to stop my day job at 40. It’s not too far off......either of them

You got ur selfie enough of a cushion?

In another post, I said that you have to prepare for the possibility that BTC goes to $3k, too, even though I don't think that such $3k price action is very likely... I am thinking that BTC is going to go UP first, maybe another 2x to 7x beyond current ATH, and if we experience a blow off top, then up to a 90% correction would be fair game, which could bring prices to lows that are anywhere between $4k and $13k - depending on how matters play out.

Part of the reason that it becomes so damned difficult to attempt to predict beyond 1 or 2 legs because each subsequent leg remains dependent, in part, on how the previous leg played out in terms of timeline and quantity.
Pages: « 1 ... 18878 18879 18880 18881 18882 18883 18884 18885 18886 18887 18888 18889 18890 18891 18892 18893 18894 18895 18896 18897 18898 18899 18900 18901 18902 18903 18904 18905 18906 18907 18908 18909 18910 18911 18912 18913 18914 18915 18916 18917 18918 18919 18920 18921 18922 18923 18924 18925 18926 18927 [18928] 18929 18930 18931 18932 18933 18934 18935 18936 18937 18938 18939 18940 18941 18942 18943 18944 18945 18946 18947 18948 18949 18950 18951 18952 18953 18954 18955 18956 18957 18958 18959 18960 18961 18962 18963 18964 18965 18966 18967 18968 18969 18970 18971 18972 18973 18974 18975 18976 18977 18978 ... 33461 »
  Print  

Jump to: