March 28, 2024, 08:12:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
$65,000 - 59 (86.8%)
$48,000 - 9 (13.2%)
Total Voters: 68

Pages: « 1 ... 19414 19415 19416 19417 19418 19419 19420 19421 19422 19423 19424 19425 19426 19427 19428 19429 19430 19431 19432 19433 19434 19435 19436 19437 19438 19439 19440 19441 19442 19443 19444 19445 19446 19447 19448 19449 19450 19451 19452 19453 19454 19455 19456 19457 19458 19459 19460 19461 19462 19463 [19464] 19465 19466 19467 19468 19469 19470 19471 19472 19473 19474 19475 19476 19477 19478 19479 19480 19481 19482 19483 19484 19485 19486 19487 19488 19489 19490 19491 19492 19493 19494 19495 19496 19497 19498 19499 19500 19501 19502 19503 19504 19505 19506 19507 19508 19509 19510 19511 19512 19513 19514 ... 33202 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26336334 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (170 posts by 1 users with 9 merit deleted.)
RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1122

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 11:04:45 PM

Racist is a meaningless buzzword, stating facts is now racist, yes jews control the media, and the banks, that's a fact, get over it.
yes blacks on average score much lower on IQ tests and commit a disproportionately high amount violent crimes?  is that ''racist''? don't know, don't care, but it happens to be true.

OMG People of color score lower on Ethnocentric tests. I'm not even going to dignify the rest of your crap.

Get a grip, you're a racist.

P.S.  This thread is about BTC.
*sigh* no. IQ tests are simply pattern recognition. There is nothing cultural about it. That tired old excuse is... tiresome.

And they do commit more crime. About four or five times as much per capita. Again, easy enough to look up for anyone who actually cares.

Socio-economic status is a far more reliable predictor of IQ test performance.  Low SES children consistently underperform

Not where Dr. Maria Montessori has been....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1454

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 11:05:33 PM

Bitstamp does have chained orders. You should play a bit with it as it could automate a bit more your trading. I don't use bots either, that would be too much automation for me and my smallish trading. This is just for setting an equal higher limit sell order right after the buy order has been filled... and viceversa. But it only does it one time, after the second order is executed (what I denominate a "combo" in lack of a better term) you would need to manually insert a new one (or if you are "live" substitute the standing second order for a chained one).

In bitstamp you just have to go put a limit order as you usually do and then you have a small link that says "advanced" and when clicked you can set at which price the contrarian order will be put AFTER the first one gets filled.

For me it is a VERY useful feature. YMMV.

Was not aware of this, thanks !

I am a bit surprised not many people here knew about the chained/conditional orders. I took for granted everyone did until I read something JJG wrote that implied doing manually what would be a bit easier done with conditional orders.

Kraken has conditional orders too.

I think Bitstamp added it sometime between late 2013 and middle 2014. Before that, I think it was only possible to do it in BTC-e with some software that interfaced with the API (maybe it was metatrader?) or bots.

I love the smell of filled chained orders in the morning Smiley
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 11:11:13 PM

Obvious Bcash pump due to Roger shooting himself in the foot.

Pump and dump before the crash

sell while u can

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 11:21:20 PM

I'm surprised that they're hitting corporate accounts. Those were supposed to be safe.

They gave me a bit of trouble when pulling all of my money off of the exchange. Fortunately I'm not a US resident. Not that that has helped at all with wex.nz.
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 11:26:20 PM

Racist is a meaningless buzzword, stating facts is now racist, yes jews control the media, and the banks, that's a fact, get over it.
yes blacks on average score much lower on IQ tests and commit a disproportionately high amount violent crimes?  is that ''racist''? don't know, don't care, but it happens to be true.

OMG People of color score lower on Ethnocentric tests. I'm not even going to dignify the rest of your crap.

*sigh* no. IQ tests are simply pattern recognition. There is nothing cultural about it. That tired old excuse is... tiresome.

And they do commit more crime. About four or five times as much per capita. Again, easy enough to look up for anyone who actually cares.

Socio-economic status is a far more reliable predictor of IQ test performance.  Low SES children consistently underperform

interesting read. https://pumpkinperson.com/2016/02/11/the-incredible-correlation-between-iq-income/

That article is massively out of whack. Bill Gates appears twice, the sample is way too small and the hypothesis seems forced.
The average income has much more to do with who you surround yourself with than with your IQ.

And I doubt that most homeless people have such low IQs. But if that actually were the case (globally) then we'd have a strong indicator how to prevent homelessness (education).

Oh yea, and blacks are also racist. How you deal with that?

Any paper I can read about that? (the red part).
Education doesn't up your IQ more than very marginally. We need genetic engineering for that.
The Chinese are working on that right now.
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 11:30:06 PM

I'm surprised that they're hitting corporate accounts. Those were supposed to be safe.

They gave me a bit of trouble when pulling all of my money off of the exchange. Fortunately I'm not a US resident. Not that that has helped at all with wex.nz.

What's the state of play with that lot then? I had thought being not-USian was enough for them, but no?
RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1122

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 11:50:17 PM

I must say:

It's been very reassuring to see certain views being challenged in this thread which have been left to pass by without comment before.

I was beginning to wonder, now I find I am not alone. Respect to those who spoke up, it was about time.

'nuff said.

On with WO nonsense in all its flavours.

Thanks, but sometimes it's better to ignore and hope it dies a natural death.  Smiley

Ya gotta pick your battles.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 7805

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 11:59:53 PM
Merited by BTCMILLIONAIRE (1)

Btw the topic of this thread is - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion

Bite me.

What do you guys think about fountain pens?  I'm thinking about picking up a Naminki maki-e.

Aren't they beautiful?  A little pricey but not as much as a lambo.
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1590

BTC 100k 2024

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 12:05:58 AM

I think anyone who buys a pen worths thousands of dollars is a little bit mentally retarded.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:07:51 AM

I think anyone who buys a pen worths thousands of dollars is a little bit mentally retarded.

You can stab people with it, stick up your jacksy, or even one's urethra, plug holes in aircraft fuselages to prevent depressurisation and use it to deliver children if there's no hot water and towels to hand.

Can a Lambo do any of that?
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1590

BTC 100k 2024

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 12:14:20 AM

You can stab people with it, stick up your jacksy, or even one's urethra, plug holes in aircraft fuselages to prevent depressurisation and use it to deliver children if there's no hot water and towels to hand.

Last night I was driving my lambo in the drive thru at McD's and I started chatting with the hot cashier chick through the drive thru window. Next thing I know I am outside! NO LAMBO! I looked everywhere... In the bushes under each rock... Nothing. So I walked home angrily, listening to music with my golden $25k wireless I-phone earphones. You won't guess what happened!!!!
Higher Altitude

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:19:58 AM

interesting read. https://pumpkinperson.com/2016/02/11/the-incredible-correlation-between-iq-income/

That article is massively out of whack. Bill Gates appears twice, the sample is way too small and the hypothesis seems forced.
The average income has much more to do with who you surround yourself with than with your IQ.

And I doubt that most homeless people have such low IQs. But if that actually were the case (globally) then we'd have a strong indicator how to prevent homelessness (education).

Oh yea, and blacks are also racist. How you deal with that?

Education doesn't up your IQ more than very marginally. We need genetic engineering for that.

...how I hated quoting that entire thing. Would also rather remain on-topic.

No paper to support my brain fart. But let's just say that rich people would agree. "You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with." - Jim Rohn.

I do believe education can improve your IQ. It's an arbitrary scale anyway and if extended exposure to complex subjects forces you to concentrate more you will also score higher on IQ tests. You can definitely train for that shit.
And the assumption that homeless people are less endowed mentally is about as shallow as judging someone by the color of their skin. And I refuse to believe Logan Paul has above average IQ.

suspiciously square

Activity: 59
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:22:58 AM

Bite me.

What do you guys think about fountain pens?  I'm thinking about picking up a Naminki maki-e.

Aren't they beautiful?  A little pricey but not as much as a lambo.

Does the ink cost more than the pen? The consumables usually cost more than the item you bought.

After a few years of using the pen you might find the ink cost more than a lambo.
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:42:05 AM

No. But I did pick up two of these.

https://www.vipertecknives.com/products/guard-father-spike-automatic-otf-icepick

Jam them into my urethra every morning as part of my morning workout, right after I finish my sets of slamming my testicles between two bricks.

You have strange customs in your country.
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:42:57 AM

(snip....)

The underlying question, of course, is: How can smaller creatures - human, tunas, herrings and minnows - see it coming?

This is a huge, but probably unanswerable question.  But it is one that anyone smart is always hoping to find the answer to.

Markets are all about confidence and sentiment, so (sadly) there is no perfect answer, even though with hindsight patterns do repeat.  But patterns can always be seen in the past and look obvious - seeing them coming again is not so easy.  Like Elliot waves; it's always debatable 'which wave' we are in.

For long-term trend prediction (the big turning points), I think indicators of irrational bullishness /bearishness are as good an indicator of anything a crash, or rise is coming - but this is unmeasurable mathematically.

Short term - personally - I draw lines on charts endlessly, decide my favourite candle time scale and which MA to trade on and it usually 'helps' - but only enough to give me an edge.  And it's an edge that works only if you work hard and spend a LOT of time on it.

I did sell off 20% in Dec, which was as much as I dared to because it was enough to change my life significantly - and I didn't know what the tax situation in my country was likely to mean for what I took out (plus it was still going up!).   I felt strongly we would probably correct, and I remembered 2013, so I took 'some' out.  I advised members of my close family who had anything to do the same (they chose not to).

I will say this:

With trends (not short term trading), the only thing that has worked for me is two methodologies:

1.  Gut feeling  (along with mentally preparing to 'sell to too early, if it's enough money to make a difference')

2.  Listening to Tera.
Well, while you can't predict where in a given pattern we are at any given moment, you can use historical data to get a probability of certain patterns unfolding on different time scales. And to be profitable all it takes is to be right just over 50% of the time, which is something that isn't extremely difficult in inefficient markets. That does take a very specific toolset though, so it's not for everyone by default, although the required skills can be acquired by anyone. The problem is that figuring out the details takes a very long time, and humans are pretty dreadful when it comes to long-term planning.

I think what d_eddie was quite reasonably asking was 'what can we learn so that can we see the big stuff coming in future', since most here did not.

I use TA and in normal conditions I can trade with enough edge for it to work well enough to be worthwhile, after five years, I ought to have learned something - but I didn't know where the top was, and I am not totally certain BTC has bottomed out.  To be really good, you need to sell all at the precise top, and then buy it back at the absolute bottom.  

I doubt anyone actually did.

Perfection is not possible, but getting closer to it is a noble and sensible quest.

Without investing tons of time, treat it like anything else: copy a pro, and fake it til you make it.  TERA is a pro.  Max gains is not realistic - selling too soon for GOOD gains flat out destroys panic selling on the way down, over the long term.  You might catch a top or a bottom just right here or there, but never enough to beat the average of always good. 
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:46:51 AM

(snip....)

The underlying question, of course, is: How can smaller creatures - human, tunas, herrings and minnows - see it coming?

This is a huge, but probably unanswerable question.  But it is one that anyone smart is always hoping to find the answer to.

Markets are all about confidence and sentiment, so (sadly) there is no perfect answer, even though with hindsight patterns do repeat.  But patterns can always be seen in the past and look obvious - seeing them coming again is not so easy.  Like Elliot waves; it's always debatable 'which wave' we are in.

For long-term trend prediction (the big turning points), I think indicators of irrational bullishness /bearishness are as good an indicator of anything a crash, or rise is coming - but this is unmeasurable mathematically.

Short term - personally - I draw lines on charts endlessly, decide my favourite candle time scale and which MA to trade on and it usually 'helps' - but only enough to give me an edge.  And it's an edge that works only if you work hard and spend a LOT of time on it.

I did sell off 20% in Dec, which was as much as I dared to because it was enough to change my life significantly - and I didn't know what the tax situation in my country was likely to mean for what I took out (plus it was still going up!).   I felt strongly we would probably correct, and I remembered 2013, so I took 'some' out.  I advised members of my close family who had anything to do the same (they chose not to).

I will say this:

With trends (not short term trading), the only thing that has worked for me is two methodologies:

1.  Gut feeling  (along with mentally preparing to 'sell to too early, if it's enough money to make a difference')

2.  Listening to Tera.
Well, while you can't predict where in a given pattern we are at any given moment, you can use historical data to get a probability of certain patterns unfolding on different time scales. And to be profitable all it takes is to be right just over 50% of the time, which is something that isn't extremely difficult in inefficient markets. That does take a very specific toolset though, so it's not for everyone by default, although the required skills can be acquired by anyone. The problem is that figuring out the details takes a very long time, and humans are pretty dreadful when it comes to long-term planning.

I think what d_eddie was quite reasonably asking was 'what can we learn so that can we see the big stuff coming in future', since most here did not.

I use TA and in normal conditions I can trade with enough edge for it to work well enough to be worthwhile, after five years, I ought to have learned something - but I didn't know where the top was, and I am not totally certain BTC has bottomed out.  To be really good, you need to sell all at the precise top, and then buy it back at the absolute bottom.  

I doubt anyone actually did.

Perfection is not possible, but getting closer to it is a noble and sensible quest.

Without investing tons of time, treat it like anything else: copy a pro, and fake it til you make it.  TERA is a pro.  Max gains is not realistic - selling too soon for GOOD gains flat out destroys panic selling on the way down, over the long term.  You might catch a top or a bottom just right here or there, but never enough to beat the average of always good. 

best predictor eva

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0akBdQa55b4

Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:47:41 AM

[/quote]

...how I hated quoting that entire thing. Would also rather remain on-topic.

No paper to support my brain fart. But let's just say that rich people would agree. "You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with." - Jim Rohn.

I do believe education can improve your IQ. It's an arbitrary scale anyway and if extended exposure to complex subjects forces you to concentrate more you will also score higher on IQ tests. You can definitely train for that shit.
And the assumption that homeless people are less endowed mentally is about as shallow as judging someone by the color of their skin. And I refuse to believe Logan Paul has above average IQ.

[/quote]

Paul logan I have no opinion about.
You can train for an IQ test, but it has been tested and shown to only increase your performance marginally.
Saying that you get rich just by hanging with rich people, really needs some support other than a quote.
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:50:21 AM

Bite me.

What do you guys think about fountain pens?  I'm thinking about picking up a Naminki maki-e.

Love it

A nice fountain pen is on my list, I do have a good looking but rather cheap one at the moment.
xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:53:30 AM

Bite me.

What do you guys think about fountain pens?  I'm thinking about picking up a Naminki maki-e.

Aren't they beautiful?  A little pricey but not as much as a lambo.

Does the ink cost more than the pen? The consumables usually cost more than the item you bought.

After a few years of using the pen you might find the ink cost more than a lambo.

Oh yeah.  If you buy the maki-e Namiki refills and you write more than 2 letters (2 pages double spaced) per week you're looking at a second mortgage for ink.  They will accept a proprietary non-maki-e Namiki cartridge as well (which can double as a catheter if required).  This cost around $2 each and it's the same ink.

I'm so glad you people are open to any discussion in here.  It's harder to find someone to discuss fountain oens with than was for Bitcoin in 2013!!

Edit: just found out that the pilot con-70 converter might fit the Namiki so I could save on ink buy purchasing bottles.
xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:56:35 AM

Bite me.

Love it

A nice fountain pen is on my list, I do have a good looking but rather cheap one at the moment.

The most expensive one I have at the moment is a Schneider Glam 'Cogs'... Cost me about $9; nothing fancy but it's good German quality.
Pages: « 1 ... 19414 19415 19416 19417 19418 19419 19420 19421 19422 19423 19424 19425 19426 19427 19428 19429 19430 19431 19432 19433 19434 19435 19436 19437 19438 19439 19440 19441 19442 19443 19444 19445 19446 19447 19448 19449 19450 19451 19452 19453 19454 19455 19456 19457 19458 19459 19460 19461 19462 19463 [19464] 19465 19466 19467 19468 19469 19470 19471 19472 19473 19474 19475 19476 19477 19478 19479 19480 19481 19482 19483 19484 19485 19486 19487 19488 19489 19490 19491 19492 19493 19494 19495 19496 19497 19498 19499 19500 19501 19502 19503 19504 19505 19506 19507 19508 19509 19510 19511 19512 19513 19514 ... 33202 »
  Print  

Jump to: