May 04, 2024, 03:26:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 20595 20596 20597 20598 20599 20600 20601 20602 20603 20604 20605 20606 20607 20608 20609 20610 20611 20612 20613 20614 20615 20616 20617 20618 20619 20620 20621 20622 20623 20624 20625 20626 20627 20628 20629 20630 20631 20632 20633 20634 20635 20636 20637 20638 20639 20640 20641 20642 20643 20644 [20645] 20646 20647 20648 20649 20650 20651 20652 20653 20654 20655 20656 20657 20658 20659 20660 20661 20662 20663 20664 20665 20666 20667 20668 20669 20670 20671 20672 20673 20674 20675 20676 20677 20678 20679 20680 20681 20682 20683 20684 20685 20686 20687 20688 20689 20690 20691 20692 20693 20694 20695 ... 33320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26371744 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10209

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 07:38:33 PM

i spent coins early on whenever i had the chance just to support the ecosystem and support vendors who accepted btc. at todays prices i dont even want to think about the value of the coins i more or less blew just to support the ecosystem, but i dont regret it a bit. after all its we who are proving the value of btc. we need to prove it "just works." to me that btc was well spent.

Thanks for the response, and it seem that we agree about a lot of things, except perhaps regarding the contributions of the ideas of what I believe to be a disingenuine troll, anunymint.  You seem to be giving way too much credit to his ideas and arguments, but whatever, we will see how long anunymint's troll life will last. 

From my perspective, hopefully, he does not establish a long one (several years) like Roach... or even a medium long one like NOTlambchop (a bit over a year for himself/herself and seemingly over two years with what seemed to be his/her various sockpuppets).

Regarding your substantive point, cited above, I have pretty much maintained a system in which I replace any bitcoins that I spend, and even though I don't go out of my way to spend bitcoins, if I find an opportunity to spend them that does not seem to be too much of a burden, then will soon thereafter replace any spent bitcoins.  I was a lot more adamant and nervous to replace them right away in the early 2014 to the early-to-mid 2016 time period when I was engaging in a lot more BTC accumulation (largely establishing my BTC postion - at least up to late 2014 and a kind of maintenance of BTC holdings thereafter). 

These days a remain a lot less nervous about immediately replacing any BTC that I might spend, but I still attempt to reasonably plug the dollar amounts of any spent coins into my authorized buy back amounts.  So for example, let's say that I go out and I see a 5% discount on a $1,000 product, if I buy with bitcoins (only way to get the discount is with bitcoins).  I would be like "wow", that seems like a decent enough incentive for me to spend some bitcoins.  Therefore, I spend $1,000 in bitcoins to buy the product, with a $6,300 exchange rate. (actually, 5% means that the seller is giving me the equivalent of $315 extra for my BTC ($6,300 x .05), which is $6,615. 

In the 2014-2016 period, I would nearly immediately lock in the 5% profits by buying back BTC immediately around $6,300.  These days, I might let the profits ride a little bit.  Therefore with the $1,000, for example, I might set buy-back orders at $100 increments, or some other reasonable ladder down the chain.. So maybe I conclude that $6700 is about as low as is reasonable in our current BTC trading range so I would set about 6 buy orders of a bit larger than $1,000 ($1,000/6 = $167)... maybe around $200 for each buy back order at $6,200, $6,100, $6,000, $5,900, $5,800 and $5,700) .. so if all of the orders fill, I end up buying back around $1,200 worth of BTC for the $1,000 that I spent.  One other tip is that I would not set my buy back orders exactly at the round numbers of the $100 increments, but instead set the orders a bit above the $100 increments in order to increase the likelihood that they will fill and not reverse just prior to filling at the round numbers where everyone (including BIG whales) tend to quickly set their attempts at BTC price manipulation orders.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 07:39:37 PM

Reminds me of a track my old band recorded entitled "Paranoid Delusions"....

ffs

tell me people aren't seriously buying this
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 07:42:07 PM

Reminds me of a track my old band recorded entitled "Paranoid Delusions"....

ffs

tell me people aren't seriously buying this

What do you think, brexit was, the italian politics,  US election

What do you think millions of people gathering around the world sharing information and hunting criminals are wasting time

Its a global movement under the banner of this Q

whether you believe it or not

millions of other people do

As for me, what I do know

Central Banks are criminal
Bush/Blair/Howard will be taken to court for WAR CRIMES
Obama government criminal
Corrupt are being hunted - this part is awesome, because I can see the corrupt panicking

bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 07:46:24 PM

Thanks for the response, and it seem that we agree about a lot of things, except perhaps regarding the contributions of the ideas of what I believe to be a disingenuine troll, anunymint.  You seem to be giving way too much credit to his ideas and arguments, but whatever, we will see how long anunymint's troll life will last.  

From my perspective, hopefully, he does not establish a long one (several years) like Roach... or even a medium long one like NOTlambchop (a bit over a year for himself/herself and seemingly over two years with what seemed to be his/her various sockpuppets).

Anonymint has been around for years, using various alt accounts. Many of his other accounts were banned. (Although I am not sure they were permabanned.) I believe he came on the scene in 2012, but could have been even earlier. He just hasn't frequented this thread. However, it appears that he doesn't tolerate being the lone wolf for long. This thread didn't appear to give him many allies to root for him. Therefore, he is moving on. Chances are his current account of anunymint will likely get banned too. He'll just show back up in a few months/years using a new account.

B1tUnl0ck3r

Activity: 854
Merit: 277

liife threw a tempest at you? be a coconut !

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 07:46:55 PM

do you think the real estate agent will admit DEFEAT and ADMIT that CRIMEA IS RUSSIAN FEDERATION TERRITORY? or like a little weasel from NYC he will play, delay and deny? who knows... he better chose, because his peons (like mudd, comey and all the gang of incapable) have proven how lame they are regarding pulling tower down.

BITCOIN WILL STAND LONGER THAN ALL THE WTC (1,2 and 7) combined.

because in my game deploying a fast burn chemo/bio over virginia is always an option I love, specially during a back to school.

only way to "speak" with those ghools.
Robin,Hood

Activity: 462
Merit: 62

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 08:00:12 PM

So far this has been the longest downward period
B1tUnl0ck3r

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 08:03:41 PM

So far this has been the longest downward period

look one year ago where we were... they just tried to push it super high, to then demoralize us...

without usd fiat the american oligarchy collapse in rampage from inner cities, and their mcmansion will burn with them inside.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 08:06:57 PM

Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion is not the true vision of infofront.

infofront's true vision wouldn't let trolls to hijack this thread so easily. If this shit keeps happening, I'll have no choice but to fork this thread and start it again as it meant to be.

The new W/O thread will be ripped off from any troll protocols (like anonymint, roach, jbeher and other retards) and only infofront's true protocol to be left.

Raise hands now.

P.S: I won't be reverting your past crap. Your past messages (troll or not) will be safe.  I'll copy everything from this topic one by one but (tr00) moderation will be taking place by the page 20781.

Even though your post comes off as a bit of a seeming joke, I get the sense that you are serious.

Don't get me wrong.  I am fairly critical of infofront's latest announcement that he is following the segwit skeptical ideas of folks like anunymint with a decent portion of his storage bitcoins by keeping them in legacy addresses.... so yeah, seems like bullshit to do it and like bullshit to announce that you are doing it in favor of what some of the trolls, shills and bitcoin attackers want peeps to do.

So, yeah there can be some issues with his tolerance of some of the ideas of seemingly obvious troll/shills like anonymint, roach, jbreher, who seem to go beyond with their presentations of what seems to be disinformation.  So, yeah, even though each of us might, from time to time, draw the line more strictly than infofront, there is way too insufficient of evidence to suggest that he has either sold out too trolls or that overall his discretion has gone beyond the pale by allowing a decent amount of the posts of these trolls.

I think that overall, we cannot let the "perfect" be the enemy of the good, and on balance infofront continues to establish decently sufficient discretion with his moderation and life/time balances.  Also, I don't think that he manipulated the self-critical poll that overwhelmingly showed that WO participants remain content with his strike of balance.  Further, I cannot recall if you ran for "ownership of the WO thread", but the votes were overwhelming in favor of Infofront, and even if we were to conduct a thread ownership change vote again today (assuming that theymos et al would even be receptive to such a change) or in the near future, it remains strongly likely that the vast overwhelming majority of eligible voters would support infofront...

Go ahead, Mindrust, see if you can garner support for a WO 2.0 thread.  I would likely participate in such thread, just to see how it goes (because in theory it is not a bad idea, and your intentions seem good), but I doubt that even your more strict troll-booting strategy would result in a better WO thread that also allows for a diverse set of ideas that weigh on the side of allowing discourse (even some trolling and shills, as long as they can present substantive points), as Infofront's ongoing approach seems to accomplish a decent balance.  

Furthermore, network effects?  It could take a few years to accomplish any kind of following within a WO 2.0 thread, that is assuming that you would be able to gain momentum in that direction.. good luck.   Wink    Cheesy

About 3 hours ago I messaged infofront to tell him I have left this thread. 

Yeah right!  Take this "promise" with a BIG ass grain of salt.  Trolls/shills make these kinds of going away promises all the time, but they tend to last for years and come back from time to time to clarify and "enlighten" the rest of us to their doom and gloom bullshit, and new revelations that they have discovered within their tend to be small, smarter than the rest of us brains.
B1tUnl0ck3r

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 08:15:26 PM

Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion is not the true vision of infofront.

infofront's true vision wouldn't let trolls to hijack this thread so easily. If this shit keeps happening, I'll have no choice but to fork this thread and start it again as it meant to be.

The new W/O thread will be ripped off from any troll protocols (like anonymint, roach, jbeher and other retards) and only infofront's true protocol to be left.

Raise hands now.

P.S: I won't be reverting your past crap. Your past messages (troll or not) will be safe.  I'll copy everything from this topic one by one but (tr00) moderation will be taking place by the page 20781.

Even though your post comes off as a bit of a seeming joke, I get the sense that you are serious.

Don't get me wrong.  I am fairly critical of infofront's latest announcement that he is following the segwit skeptical ideas of folks like anunymint with a decent portion of his storage bitcoins by keeping them in legacy addresses.... so yeah, seems like bullshit to do it and like bullshit to announce that you are doing it in favor of what some of the trolls, shills and bitcoin attackers want peeps to do.

So, yeah there can be some issues with his tolerance of some of the ideas of seemingly obvious troll/shills like anonymint, roach, jbreher, who seem to go beyond with their presentations of what seems to be disinformation.  So, yeah, even though each of us might, from time to time, draw the line more strictly than infofront, there is way too insufficient of evidence to suggest that he has either sold out too trolls or that overall his discretion has gone beyond the pale by allowing a decent amount of the posts of these trolls.

I think that overall, we cannot let the "perfect" be the enemy of the good, and on balance infofront continues to establish decently sufficient discretion with his moderation and life/time balances.  Also, I don't think that he manipulated the self-critical poll that overwhelmingly showed that WO participants remain content with his strike of balance.  Further, I cannot recall if you ran for "ownership of the WO thread", but the votes were overwhelming in favor of Infofront, and even if we were to conduct a thread ownership change vote again today (assuming that theymos et al would even be receptive to such a change) or in the near future, it remains strongly likely that the vast overwhelming majority of eligible voters would support infofront...

Go ahead, Mindrust, see if you can garner support for a WO 2.0 thread.  I would likely participate in such thread, just to see how it goes (because in theory it is not a bad idea, and your intentions seem good), but I doubt that even your more strict troll-booting strategy would result in a better WO thread that also allows for a diverse set of ideas that weigh on the side of allowing discourse (even some trolling and shills, as long as they can present substantive points), as Infofront's ongoing approach seems to accomplish a decent balance.  

Furthermore, network effects?  It could take a few years to accomplish any kind of following within a WO 2.0 thread, that is assuming that you would be able to gain momentum in that direction.. good luck.   Wink    Cheesy

About 3 hours ago I messaged infofront to tell him I have left this thread. 

Yeah right!  Take this "promise" with a BIG ass grain of salt.  Trolls/shills make these kinds of going away promises all the time, but they tend to last for years and come back from time to time to clarify and "enlighten" the rest of us to their doom and gloom bullshit, and new revelations that they have discovered within their tend to be small, smarter than the rest of us brains.

the plan to use segwit coin while keeping real bitcoin to fork is smart... it was explained a few post earlier.

wrong, perfect is the only path against the leeches, scamers and all their cohort of minion who have for centuries enslaved mankind.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 08:23:08 PM

Fucking dumb ass question but how do you know if your bitcoin’s are being held in a SegWit or Non SegWit address?

If the address begins with 1, they are definitely not Segwit coins.
If the address begins with 3, they are held in a P2sH address. They could be segwit or could just be a multisign address. If the private keys are under your control, you should know. Likely they are a segwit address since you would definitely know if you set up a multisig address since it involves a very complicated process to set up. If the private keys are under someone else's control, like an exchange or online wallet, you will need to research or ask.
If the address begins with bc1, it is definitely a segwit address.

Pretty sure all of my bitcoin’s are in addresses begginning with a 1
I will need to check this tonight

But yes I am the sole owner of every single private key.

It would have only become possible to move to a segwit address in about late August 2017... so any coins that have not been moved before that would be in legacy addresses by default.  There has been no automatic conversion to segwit addresses of legacy addresses (and I am not sure if such automatic conversion/movement would be possible).
B1tUnl0ck3r

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 08:26:53 PM

Fucking dumb ass question but how do you know if your bitcoin’s are being held in a SegWit or Non SegWit address?

If the address begins with 3, they are held in a P2sH address. They could be segwit or could just be a multisign address. If the private keys are under your control, you should know. Likely they are a segwit address since you would definitely know if you set up a multisig address since it involves a very complicated process to set up. If the private keys are under someone else's control, like an exchange or online wallet, you will need to research or ask.

It would have only become possible to move to a segwit address in about late August 2017... so any coins that have not been moved before that would be in legacy addresses by default.  There has been no automatic conversion to segwit addresses of legacy addresses (and I am not sure if such automatic conversion/movement would be possible).

one sure thing I don't have the will to understand this artificial shitshow, so imagine what noob feel about it? the dumb fuck jump, they don't care, and the other are lost facing such division. like an outsider watching the soft civil war in the usa... where pedo hillary and her friends are all immune from prosecution and cocaine users are hunted worst than jihadis terrorists, where kids are pumped with anti adhd or what ever crap the terrorists of the psychiatric institution decide to push after having lost the market of killing gays.

ps, thanks for your clarification...
mymenace
Legendary

Smile

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 08:27:58 PM

It would have only become possible to move to a segwit address in about late August 2017... so any coins that have not been moved before that would be in legacy addresses by default.  There has been no automatic conversion to segwit addresses of legacy addresses (and I am not sure if such automatic conversion/movement would be possible).

one sure thing I don't have the will to understand this artificial shitshow, so imagine what noob feel about it? the dumb fuck jump, they don't care, and the other are lost facing such division. like an outsider watching the soft civil war in the usa... where pedo hillary and her friends are all immune from prosecution and cocaine users are hunted worst than jihadis terrorists, where kids are pumped with anti adhd or what ever crap the terrorists of the psychiatric institution decide to push after having lost the market of killing gays.

Run to legacy addresses
Only bitcoiners no the real fear in not having legacy addresses
Always diversfiy your assets

Bitcoin is the weapon (why it was made)
Central Banks are the enemy

And you Soldier are the instrument to take down the criminal cabal

A tale of 2 worlds
Fairytale by mymenace

World 1
1) Obama becomes president 2008
2) Obama carries on Bush tradition
3) World gets worse

World 2
1) Fake president Obama elected
2) Release the Kraken (Bitcoin 2009)
3) Finished product complete 2010 (*Except for BitDNS - fast payment options) - Obama's CIA/NSA/FBI infiltrated forum board (satoshi RRRUUUUUNNNs, he knows who is in power)

B1tUnl0ck3r

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 08:38:05 PM

Run to legacy addresses

A tale of 2 worlds
Fairytale by mymenace

World 1
3) World gets worse

World 2
3) Finished product complete 2010 (*Except for BitDNS - fast payment options) - Obama's CIA/NSA/FBI infiltrated forum board (RRRUUUUUNNN we know who is in power)

only world : people liberation army of china get an yuan equipment power 100x time western one. corrupt pedo in the west rally and try to divert from their crimes (flying jeffrey slave aircraft and vakay in the rape islands, beach or uk) and then are all killed.

btc is irrelevant Smiley

the iq of mudd or comey isn't a threat... it's more like little ants trying to open a door... they are dumber than rocks, their actual and past cic are all total coward who just like to be in the pussy of their bimbos.... little peons.

Rosewater Foundation

Activity: 392
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 08:40:33 PM

This thread is numpty today. What happened? All the sane people took the weekend off?
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 08:42:07 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

It would have only become possible to move to a segwit address in about late August 2017... so any coins that have not been moved before that would be in legacy addresses by default.  There has been no automatic conversion to segwit addresses of legacy addresses (and I am not sure if such automatic conversion/movement would be possible).

No you cannot convert a legacy address to a segwit address. The addresses that start with a 1 can only be spent with the Pay to public key hash protocol. You also cannot covert a legacy multisig address to a segwit address, even though they both can use the pay to script hash protocol. The script hash used in legacy multisig is generated from a different redeem script than a segwit address. I am not quite sure how the new Bech addresses exactly work. But they use a totally different protocol as well and can only be used for segwit.
mymenace
Legendary

Smile

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 08:43:01 PM

Run to legacy addresses

A tale of 2 worlds
Fairytale by mymenace

World 1
3) World gets worse

World 2
3) Finished product complete 2010 (*Except for BitDNS - fast payment options) - Obama's CIA/NSA/FBI infiltrated forum board (RRRUUUUUNNN we know who is in power)

only world : people liberation army of china get an yuan equipment power 100x time western one. corrupt pedo in the west rally and try to divert from their crimes (flying jeffrey slave aircraft and vakay in the rape islands, beach or uk) and then are all killed.

btc is irrelevant Smiley

the iq of mudd or comey isn't a threat... it's more like little ants trying to open a door... they are dumber than rocks, their actual and past cic are all total coward who just like to be in the pussy of their bimbos.... little peons.

But bitcoin is relevant

You need tools to replace the old system

1) A new currency
2) A new Presidnet
3) A new DOJ, FBI, CIA - they control the FIVE EYES intelligencs group
4) A new bank

Then the corrupt pedo's lose

Starts from the Central Banks(IMF/BIS) to Intelligence agencies to Government  then the corruption hits the people

Remove threats
1) Saudi money - 11 princes
2) Nuclear threat - North Korea
3) False flag attacks (that is hard one to eliminate - oh Fake news narrative used against this)
4) US federal reserve (currently new laws in place to allow Private banks more leeway - competition)
5) Healthcare - Fraud exposed 72 doctors arrested

RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 08:43:37 PM

$50 rally in just the last one hour today.

jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 08:44:03 PM

Are you really going to do a blockchain analysis to ensure that all of the UTXO in your wallet is not segwit tainted?

It's really not difficult if you're not continually churning. The vast majority of my BTC is offline, and I am completely positive that BTC is traceable back to coinbase tx fully free of segwit taint.

I have a token amount on exchange. I'm not particularly concerned about that.
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 08:45:34 PM

Oh come on, you guuuys.
You do know Elvis assassinated John Lennon, not Princess Diana?
And the Pentagon devised Beanie Babies as a trial run for EOS
And don't even get me started on Stonehenge oho just happening to be 6666 miles from Machu Picchu
Open your eyes and smell the oh wait best not smell a.n.y.t.h.i.n.g
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 08:47:05 PM

Bcashers are in panic mode. Usage of segwit addresses is growing exponentially while interest in bcash is drying up fast.

Pages: « 1 ... 20595 20596 20597 20598 20599 20600 20601 20602 20603 20604 20605 20606 20607 20608 20609 20610 20611 20612 20613 20614 20615 20616 20617 20618 20619 20620 20621 20622 20623 20624 20625 20626 20627 20628 20629 20630 20631 20632 20633 20634 20635 20636 20637 20638 20639 20640 20641 20642 20643 20644 [20645] 20646 20647 20648 20649 20650 20651 20652 20653 20654 20655 20656 20657 20658 20659 20660 20661 20662 20663 20664 20665 20666 20667 20668 20669 20670 20671 20672 20673 20674 20675 20676 20677 20678 20679 20680 20681 20682 20683 20684 20685 20686 20687 20688 20689 20690 20691 20692 20693 20694 20695 ... 33320 »
  Print  

Jump to: