May 23, 2024, 04:14:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 26330 26331 26332 26333 26334 26335 26336 26337 26338 26339 26340 26341 26342 26343 26344 26345 26346 26347 26348 26349 26350 26351 26352 26353 26354 26355 26356 26357 26358 26359 26360 26361 26362 26363 26364 26365 26366 26367 26368 26369 26370 26371 26372 26373 26374 26375 26376 26377 26378 26379 [26380] 26381 26382 26383 26384 26385 26386 26387 26388 26389 26390 26391 26392 26393 26394 26395 26396 26397 26398 26399 26400 26401 26402 26403 26404 26405 26406 26407 26408 26409 26410 26411 26412 26413 26414 26415 26416 26417 26418 26419 26420 26421 26422 26423 26424 26425 26426 26427 26428 26429 26430 ... 33377 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26388940 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 10307

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
April 22, 2020, 10:10:05 PM

By that image he meant that this Trezor was tampered with.
Not sure if you can simply erase it afterwards, then reinstall the firmware.

Re hodling-I start to think (as years go by) that I don't want to hodl forever.
When pressure to sell becomes unbearable-give yourself a present and sell, say, 1%.
Unfortunately, Deribit is not available in US, but Ledgerx is, so maybe enter into a long term option contracts to buy or sell a small part.
So, if it rises above or drops below certain number (that you choose), a small portion would be taken away in lieu of cash.
I am too old school to give btc to blockfi and/or celsius as I don't think that it is safe.

Practically, it seems that all of us should be planning to sell portions of our BTC at some point, whether we are selling for various products or for cash in order to hedge or other related reasons, there should be some plans to sell (which might merely include reallocations from time to time).  

In other words, planning to live forever is not a realistic plan, and holy bejesus, don't most of us want to attempt to profit somewhat from riches that we have been acquiring through our lives (including the bitcoin portion of that value)?

Yeah, maybe we are able to generate plenty of less valuable forms of value that we would spend those other forms of value first within gresham's law principles, but it still seems that ONLY the minority of us (especially if we are participating in a thread like this) would fit into a kind of category that we would make a BTC lifetime plan that does not involve any cashing out any of our BTC or attempting to benefit on a personal level in some regards from the likely asymmetrical profits that bitcoin is likely to bring (and continue to bring) to our richie status.  

Well, masses of bitcoiners from 2011-2015 won't be able to successfully (without lots of slippage) sell a significant portion, unless the number of bitcoin users rises from 30-50 mil to 10X that number. It seems that btc is having some difficulties passing that chasm.

Did you get hit in the head, Biodom?    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Holy fucking shit.   Shocked Shocked

You are repeating the same nonsense that I heard so many times in 2015 and 2016 regarding the purported inability for BTC prices to be sustained above $1k.

Yeah, of course there are going to be BTC hype cycles and even extremes in which the BTC goes up and then cannot be sustained UP, but that does not even mean that every BTC HODLer from 2011 to 2015 is waiting in the same kind of circumstances.

Do you think our various UPs and downs between 2016 and today have not already caused various HODLers from those times to adjust their BTC holdings, and some of them can sell all the way up in small amount or even sell at various points that others are not selling.  Sure some will time the top and others will just HODL through it.  There remains all kinds of variation, and just sounds ridiculous to assert that somehow bitcoin prices cannot be sustained and that mouse trap buyers are not going to come with our better mouse trap.

You, Biodom, seem to be talking as if bitcoin has reached some kind of level of maturity, and sure a lot of the bitcoin naysayers get on those kinds of little limitations in their imagination and their belief that bitcoin cannot do it again.... so yeah, you can play the pessimism game all that you like, and surely, I am NOT banking on BTC has to go to $300k or anything like that, but still I am not going to feel that I got screwed if the BTC price ends up topping off at $30k and then comes back down to $10k for a few years... but I don't even believe that such less stellar performances are really that feasible given the fundamentals and the power of some of the current and seemingly credible BTC price prediction models.  Yeah, sure some people like to assert that too much weight is being given to stock to flow and all of that and there are too many 14 year olds waiting for a BTC payoff based on the BTC stock to flow model, and of course, there is some of that going on, also, but there is also strong as fuck fundamentals in bitcoin, and the way that it was built is an amazing kind of paradigm shifting concept (new asset) that largely reaches erroneous conclusions when trying to compare bitcoin to other asset classes.

So, you can attempt to be as "practical" as you like with nonsense assertions that BTC prices cannot be sustained over certain amounts because everyone from 2011 to 2015 is wanting to get rich, and that is fucking nonsense to try to attribute too many similar motivations in order to paint some unsustainability picture, when still the world likely still has in the neighborhood of 1% bitcoin adoption at best, and yeah maybe various institutions and other richer persons in the west are hoarding more than their fair share of bitcoin, but that still does not mean that the masses (whether institutions, governments or individuals) are not going to continue to be gravitating into bitcoin for the next 10 to 50 years, and sure is likely better if you do not sell all of your BTC thinking that certain theoretical BTC price points are not sustainable.. because you have been told that earlier adopters are going to be cashing out.. blah blah blah...

Relax...breathe-in and out.

hahahahaha

You should know me well enough by now to realize that this is my regular operating status.  In other words, I am not unrelaxed.  i don't feel unrelaxed.

I am not selling, but I am also not waiting for pie in the sky numbers.

Surely, I did not suggest that you were selling, but I was attempting to respond to the seemingly skittish points that you were raising.

I am surely not waiting for "pie in the sky" numbers either, but my regular plan does not really call for selling high amounts of BTC at any point either, maybe unless there is a kind of quick run up that really feels unsustainable, then maybe instead of selling 1% per every 10% rise, I might sell somewhere between 5% and 10%...

So we might not be too different in our approach, even though you are sounding a lot more skittish than me, and I am not really changing my position/approach too much, including if we were to only get up to $17,500 as our top for the next few years..  but I am NOT going to totally poo poo the possibility that the price might shoot up to $500k and maybe even get stuck at $100k for a while and anticipate that certain prices are not sustainable because of some lame theory (that was already spouted out multiple times in 2015 and 2016) that lumps all of the earlier buyers together and presuming that they all want to sell because of speculative presumably lack of confidence "reasons."

Some people were making fun of those who might sell at 25-50K (saying that they would feel bad when btc is 1 or 5mil), that's all.

Sure.. that is true.  Would not be very smart to sell everything way too early, and then regret your selling matters because you don't have any BTC left to take advantage of higher appreciation..., and then you end up doing something dumb and using your profits to buy higher when the price subsequently crashes to remove all of your profits.  People do those kinds of dumb things.  We have seen it many times.

It surely can go up, or it could crater.

Not denying that, but I am suggesting that it is good to be prepared for both price directions even if the price goes shooting in one direction or another.

If you asked someone on Jan 1 whether he/she think that oil would be -38 at some point in April (less than four months later), you would probably have gotten funny looks.

Actually, you would have likely gotten those funny looks last week, too.  But this week has shown a different set of possibilities... yes... both of us know about our new lil friend, oil, and hopefully both of us recognize that there are meaningful differences between bitcoin and oil.. including differences in storage costs.

Regarding all those WO bros who are chomping at SELL (at above 100K)-my comment would be: hold your horses, we have been in what essentially looks like a 2.5 year bear market, if you count from the top.

Hopefully, you are not including me in the counting your chickens before they hatch group.  There are always going to be people who count their chickens before they hatch, but at the same time, just because they are hypothesizing about hatched chickens does not mean that they are not also banking for less rosey scenarios.... including negative scenarios. 

You are getting a bit vague with your reliance on people say things that are overly optimistic and then using that as an excuse for your own poo pooing assertions?

Unless we go over 20K, longer term bull market did not materialize yet.

Maybe.  We can also be tentatively in a bull market, too..., right now, we are tentatively in a bull market.

Seems to me that you are creating way too high of standards if you are asserting that the only way that we get over $20k we are not in a bull market... but whatever, you can characterize the matter however you want, and you are likely going to get pushback from some members here... including yours truly.. which you did and we are now exploring the degree and enthusiasm (or citteeeee status) of such pushback.

In addition, we are approaching halving at much lower RSI than before.

I doubt that is a problem.

Since when did BTC follow some specific technical analysis guidelines... As you know (or at least should know), bitcoin is both a paradigm shifting asset and it also quite likely in an s-curve exponential adoption phase that is based upon metcalfe and networking principles.

I wouldn't be totally surprised if we go to either 3K or 10K here.

Fair enough.  I am not proclaiming any kind of short term clairvoyance, and I doubt that I am really in anything that is much beyond 50/50 thinking in terms of those price targets, too.  Maybe I have a 1% or 2% deviance from that depending on how I am feeling on one day or the next or from one hour to the next?

But, also we have considerations of both time and quantity of price movement, and surely a large price movement in either direction would likely cause momentum or pressures to continue in that direction, but also whether or not bitcoin continues to short term correlate with other macro markets, whether we are referring to equities or gold can also cause some momentum down the road... let's say, for example, the stock market crashes 20% to 30% and then stays flat, but bitcoin just stays flat and does not crash beyond 5% or 10%, then that would be a very bullish sign, and I am not saying that scenario is going to happen, I am just asserting that we likely are not going to be able to really know short term until we kind of see some momentum and maybe there could be some ability to extrapolate further on a kind of dynamic that continues to evolve.  On the other hand, if bitcoin just stays correlated with equities and gold for the next 6 months and there are some violent price moves downward, then that could cause some concerns, too, in regards to how much time it is going to take for bitcoin to return to non-correlated (in the event that bitcoin will ever return to non-correlated status, and I tend to think that it will, even though currently there are a lot of doubters in regards to whether bitcoin will end up NOT correlating to equities and gold. but they can fuck themselves..,. hahahahahaha).
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 22, 2020, 10:10:43 PM

yes don't

get a trezor (get a coldcard) Grin
get it from amazon (get it direct from the maufacturer)  Cool
fail to notice the opened package  Roll Eyes
fail to notice the tampered-with tamper-proof seal  Lips sealed
fail to service your wealth  Wink

V8:  You were trolling us?   I cannot see the tampering?  Is there something wrong with the seal on that package?

I have a Trezor. I also have an Alienware r17 laptop. I tried to change my Trezor to this laptop. The wallet hangs. Contacted Trezor it is a known bug

with the Alienware the USB hubs put out too much voltage. They do not plan to fix this. So back to paper-wallets. Just thought it was kinda 'flip' of them

to dismiss..it is not like Alienware Laptops are uncommon.

Anyway, an aside. Sad

With Trezor, you can use any laptop with a USB...  and yeah, maybe there are some laptops or some USB interfaces that do not work, but it is not like you have to use any specific laptop... .. or that you will be stuck with the same computer (or kind of computer) for the next 10 years.. and even with USB, if there is some point that it gets phased out, then yeah maybe either you have to update to another kind of wallet or even take your 12 or 24 seed words to some other compatible wallet... Currently, USB is pretty widespread technology.. but of course, we cannot expect that there might not be some aspects that are not supported, either currently, or maybe when there might be changes to these matters in the coming years.

Not what they told me...they had heard it before and were again, kinda abrupt..use it on a different machine was the reply....might be a fix on that specific model of Alienware r17..after the

fact....in say later runs or some such..but in my case, they plan on no fixes. Or so I was told by the Trezor techs...just saying I thought it was

kinda abrupt and Odd as well.

Kinda put me off of the hardware solution, just saying, really?

Again, was an aside, I suppose I could try the dang thing again after the last Windows 10 1909

upgrade. I will let you know. I also forgot this is a top-end Alienware laptop 1.5 years old, was cutting edge at the time..so it is not that far gone yet.

Whatever I'll try it with the recent Windows 10 1909 upgrade...other than that I may be sh*t out of luck on this machine. Just thought it odd as hell.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 10307

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
April 22, 2020, 10:14:21 PM
Merited by fillippone (1)

Old Mike is still at it.

Bloomberg Crypto Outlook

Bitcoin Maturation Leap
  • Born From the Financial Crisis, Bitcoin Maturation Accelerating
  • Stock-Market Shakeout Accelerates Bitcoin's Gold-Like Transition
  • Bitcoin Futures Taming Bull Calf Toward Digital Version of Gold
  • Bitcoin and Gold Showing Convergence With Endurance
  • Covid-19 Supporting Bitcoin On-Chain Indicators, Dominance
  • Covid-19 May Give Libra Life, Spur Fed's Digital Currency Spirit

I am in quarantine now, so I basically read everything.
Bloomberg is usually good content, but his is a little bit subpar, albeit notable from a traditional financial news provider.

For a second, I thought that you were referring to Michael Bloomberg..

but then I saw the author of the article was:  "Mike McGlone – BI Senior Commodity Strategist "  whoever the fuck that nobody is.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 4923

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
April 22, 2020, 10:24:32 PM

pointy end up...flamey end down..t-minus 1 minute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSge0I7pwFI

edit - nailed it...wtg spacex

I have figured out why SpaceX is using Krypton instead of Xenon for their ION drives.
They say its due to cost.

But its really part of a black Op to drive Superman away.
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
April 22, 2020, 10:44:13 PM

I have figured out why SpaceX is using Krypton instead of Xenon for their ION drives.
They say its due to cost.

But its really part of a black Op to drive Superman away.

Cryptotourist

Activity: 1190
Merit: 755

Homo Sapiens Bitcoinerthalensis

View Profile
April 22, 2020, 11:02:43 PM

Kinda put me off of the hardware solution, just saying, really?

Toxic2040
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2020, 11:13:12 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2020, 12:55:47 AM by Toxic2040

Big one incoming

jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 4369

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
April 22, 2020, 11:16:21 PM

for fuck's fucking sake...

https://bitcoinenhanced.io/
Toxic2040
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2020, 11:36:30 PM

for fuck's fucking sake...

https://shitcoinsAREus.io/

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2020, 12:31:45 AM

After seeing how easily so many people of the world can be fooled by wrong math it helps me to understand why so many people buy shitcoins.

The whole world has just bought the COVID-19 coin the same way that so many people bought Bitconnect.

It's like those Facebook posts that show: 1+x = 2, x = ?  and the comments going on and on are all different answers, none of them right.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
April 23, 2020, 12:53:47 AM

I created a private key and deliberately deleted the first character.

I will have to wait until quantum computing reaches the insane amount of calculations it would require to figure out what my private key is. I hope I am still alive by then.

I mist be misunderstanding you. AFAICT, depending on character set (e.g. base58), as long as you have the rest of the key, you'll have your funds in no more than 58 tries. Actually, given the embedded ECC, you can probably get it on the first try.
Toxic2040
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2020, 12:55:15 AM

newish short fibs fwiw  #dyor
1h

4h

#stronghands
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
April 23, 2020, 12:57:27 AM

I created a private key and deliberately deleted the first character.

I will have to wait until quantum computing reaches the insane amount of calculations it would require to figure out what my private key is. I hope I am still alive by then.

I mist be misunderstanding you. AFAICT, depending on character set (e.g. base58), as long as you have the rest of the key, you'll have your funds in no more than 58 tries. Actually, given the embedded ECC, you can probably get it on the first try.

Aaaah. _first_ character. You was trollin'
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 8176

View Profile
April 23, 2020, 01:17:19 AM

You guys better just tone it down a bit with your discussion points.  You are starting to sound way too smart for these here parts.  I would suggest throwing in a meme or some random pic of something like a naked chick/or guy (for bob) climbing a rock formation. Embarrassed  (Alternatively, ad hominem attacks tend to play pretty well, too)

Ok here you go .  Cheesy

Nice & perky... too small for my liking though  Cool

I'm guessing you might not be old enough for her liking.

https://youtu.be/EvDdQmCNWUc
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4018
Merit: 4505

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
April 23, 2020, 01:21:07 AM
Merited by El duderino_ (3), jojo69 (2), lightfoot (2), Toxic2040 (2)

Toxic2040
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2020, 01:40:24 AM

jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 4369

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
April 23, 2020, 01:53:59 AM

Mr Gorbachev

tear down this wall
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 23, 2020, 02:12:07 AM

You guys better just tone it down a bit with your discussion points.  You are starting to sound way too smart for these here parts.  I would suggest throwing in a meme or some random pic of something like a naked chick/or guy (for bob) climbing a rock formation. Embarrassed  (Alternatively, ad hominem attacks tend to play pretty well, too)

Ok here you go .  Cheesy

Nice & perky... too small for my liking though  Cool

I'm guessing you might not be old enough for her liking.

https://youtu.be/EvDdQmCNWUc

Tis a wise woman.

I'd be all over that as well if it was not for the knife...an obvious ploy to get to my BTC Private Keys. Well played! Smiley

a HODL'er trap and demise senario. Sad

Toxic2040
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2020, 02:18:58 AM

Mr Gorbachev

tear down this wall

Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 3909

View Profile
April 23, 2020, 02:53:59 AM

Premier league returns on May 9 (for training)...and LFC would have it's well deserved title (95-99% chance) when the season concludes by July 31.
Champions League (the rest of the matches) will be played in August.
Football world would go crazy!
Pages: « 1 ... 26330 26331 26332 26333 26334 26335 26336 26337 26338 26339 26340 26341 26342 26343 26344 26345 26346 26347 26348 26349 26350 26351 26352 26353 26354 26355 26356 26357 26358 26359 26360 26361 26362 26363 26364 26365 26366 26367 26368 26369 26370 26371 26372 26373 26374 26375 26376 26377 26378 26379 [26380] 26381 26382 26383 26384 26385 26386 26387 26388 26389 26390 26391 26392 26393 26394 26395 26396 26397 26398 26399 26400 26401 26402 26403 26404 26405 26406 26407 26408 26409 26410 26411 26412 26413 26414 26415 26416 26417 26418 26419 26420 26421 26422 26423 26424 26425 26426 26427 26428 26429 26430 ... 33377 »
  Print  

Jump to: