May 01, 2024, 10:49:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 28632 28633 28634 28635 28636 28637 28638 28639 28640 28641 28642 28643 28644 28645 28646 28647 28648 28649 28650 28651 28652 28653 28654 28655 28656 28657 28658 28659 28660 28661 28662 28663 28664 28665 28666 28667 28668 28669 28670 28671 28672 28673 28674 28675 28676 28677 28678 28679 28680 28681 [28682] 28683 28684 28685 28686 28687 28688 28689 28690 28691 28692 28693 28694 28695 28696 28697 28698 28699 28700 28701 28702 28703 28704 28705 28706 28707 28708 28709 28710 28711 28712 28713 28714 28715 28716 28717 28718 28719 28720 28721 28722 28723 28724 28725 28726 28727 28728 28729 28730 28731 28732 ... 33313 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26370570 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 7977

View Profile
May 20, 2021, 04:54:13 PM

Looks better with black background.

I will bear it in mind. This was a minimal effort resurrection.

If only there was a way to donate time.  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
May 20, 2021, 05:01:58 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

When the CB poll is done, can we please have one regarding the JJG bot?

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Huh Huh Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Well would you look at you (to the extent one can look upon one's selfie) Mr. Arrie Mollie Pollie!  Trying to limit free speech in your own way where one should be able to speak as freely, or not freely as one may feel the freedom to speak, and such and somewhat etc.

Maybe you should be tending to your bitcoin stack (and fuck those fucking alt coins) which I would assume is probably in the general realm of very few to perhaps slightly more than very few coins at all because of your general antsy pantsy attitudesy.  So you can stack using a sensible plan like setting laddered bids and then also selling as you might see fit on the way down with whatever amount of your stack you deem for trading, and not touching your principle...

(OK.. I can only channel JJG for so long before my head starts to hurt)
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
May 20, 2021, 05:02:30 PM

I am appreciative of Chart Buddy.

I was a lurker on this thread for the first ~3-4 years.

I first got into bitcoin for Poker.  And almost all of my posting between 2011-2013-14 was related to poker.  I remember getting my first deleted post in the "Show your mining rigs" thread where I posted a picture of me sitting at a Seals with Clubs table. Wink  But that WAS my mining rig.

But I watched this thread, and would, from time to time read through a few pages.

But I used to like to see the Chart Buddy posts.  

In fact I remember that a post from it would spark some conversation about a huge sell or buy wall, and at the time I was really just beginning to understand why that data was helpful, or at least interesting and meaningful.

Anyway, I thing it is a great thing for this thread, which may even be  more on-topic than 90% of our posts, and that it will spark discussion.

I think for the minority that finds it annoying, the IGNORE button is an acceptable compromise.  Unless the majority finds it negative, in which case I would yield to the majority.  But my impression is most find it a +.

I agree it does not need to post super often.  (although I used to get a kick out of, during the quiet times, how it would post a page full of graphs. Wink )

How do you (or I for that matter) know that a minority dislikes CB.
I also remember the days of a whole page of only CB, and I had the very opposite reaction to yours.

None of you have played the "free speech" card, and I find that a bit depressing in a thread of supposedly mostly libertarians.
I have myself thought about it and decided that all though it is so irritating that it makes my skin crawl, I have decided that my initial reaction was wrong. I will just ignore and let live.
Go resurrect the idiot bot.

To your first question.  A poll.  We don't know otherwise.

To the free speech argument:

This is a moderated thread on a moderated forum.  I respect the right of the people involved to absolutely limit "free speech".   I think that argument is in error.

Free speech means:

-starting another thread here with no moderation
-starting another bitcoin forum with no moderation
-just using something like 4chan

And I think participating in a moderated, or curated forum IS a form of free speech.

Yes I'm all for a poll, like I said.

Regarding the free speech, yes you are perfectly right, but It seems like mods are in favor of the bot, so. It's their platform.
And if the old posters get sad if they don't get to see a useless picture once every hour then let them enjoy their nostalgia. I'll ignore and grind my teeth when I see his name.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
May 20, 2021, 05:03:42 PM

I am all for a lightning (or Monero) tipping address by the way.  Not that I would give all that much because I am a greedy bastard.
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
May 20, 2021, 05:08:38 PM

When the CB poll is done, can we please have one regarding the JJG bot?

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Huh Huh Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Well would you look at you (to the extent one can look upon one's selfie) Mr. Arrie Mollie Pollie!  Trying to limit free speech in your own way where one should be able to speak as freely, or not freely as one may feel the freedom to speak, and such and somewhat etc.

Maybe you should be tending to your bitcoin stack (and fuck those fucking alt coins) which I would assume is probably in the general realm of very few to perhaps slightly more than very few coins at all because of your general antsy pantsy attitudesy.  So you can stack using a sensible plan like setting laddered bids and then also selling as you might see fit on the way down with whatever amount of your stack you deem for trading, and not touching your principle...

(OK.. I can only channel JJG for so long before my head starts to hurt)

So you are the JJG bot coder.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8921

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2021, 05:09:56 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (2), cAPSLOCK (1), JayJuanGee (1), psycodad (1), ErisDiscordia (1), strawbs (1)

So to recap, r0ach, gembitz, nullius, and other off-topic shitheads are/were fine but on-topic wall-themed posts are irritating and shall be banished or voted out.

If only there was a feature that would allow some users to ignore other users instead of getting their panties in a bunch... but that would require exercising individual freedom of choice, and we obviously can't have that in this anarchist paradise, can we.
Kylapoiss

Activity: 616
Merit: 292

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going.

View Profile
May 20, 2021, 05:24:21 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (2), ErisDiscordia (1)

Chart buddy should stay, posting every 4 hours is good enough.

I agree with suchmoon, trolls are tolerated but important information isn't?

Please make a poll.
modrobert

Activity: 355
Merit: 284

-"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."

View Profile
May 20, 2021, 05:25:28 PM

More coordinated bullshit...

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/20/us-treasury-calls-for-stricter-cryptocurrency-compliance-with-irs.html

EDIT:

ChartBuddy is great, instant recap, condensed info, peace of mind.
strawbs
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1340

View Profile
May 20, 2021, 05:31:12 PM
Merited by ErisDiscordia (1)

So to recap, r0ach, gembitz, nullius, and other off-topic shitheads are/were fine but on-topic wall-themed posts are irritating and shall be banished or voted out.

If only there was a feature that would allow some users to ignore other users instead of getting their panties in a bunch... but that would require exercising individual freedom of choice, and we obviously can't have that in this anarchist paradise, can we.

Yup. My suggestion of a poll was more for the shits 'n giggles factor than anything else (and because the current poll has been hanging around like a stale fart for far too long). I agree that anyone should be able to post in here and, if you find their posts irritating or annoying, simply hit 'Ignore', as I've done with at least one of the four nonces you mention above.

One of the best things about this thread is the variety of its resident characters. Much like your local bar, it's easy to recognize familiar individuals, their characteristics and quirks, what will likely get them riled and what you are likely to agree upon. Whether it's worth engaging with them at all. Just like your local bar, you can recognise individuals, both of the kind you want to interact with and of the kind you don't, and simply ignore those that act like douchebags.

I hope one of us opens a real-life bar called "The Wall Observer" someday. Answering a random question which only a real WOer could answer on the spot would get you a free drink.....
Arriemoller
Legendary

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
May 20, 2021, 05:31:19 PM

If  r0ach, gembitz, nullius, and other off-topic shitheads would botpost every hour I'm pretty sure they would be banned.
The reason I don't like CB is the fact that it's just posting a chart, information that I or anybody else can and do look up ourselves when we need it, it feels like force feeding something I don't want to be fed.
I wouldn't mind it so much if there was some kind of analysis coming with the charts, like everybody else's charts, but just posting a chart is like someone posting the time or the weather or some other info, just for the hell of it. We all have watches, and computers with weather forecasts, just like we have computers with charts that we can look at at will, no need to post it here every hour.
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2021, 05:40:30 PM

source please or are you so good at painting.  Grin

Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
May 20, 2021, 05:45:01 PM

I first got into bitcoin for Poker.

Ever consider "provably fair poker"? .. I think SWC died already, had a version 2, then died again. I had a thread before somewhere here about it, seemed like a good idea, but no one ever tried to join my game, or no one else used the same idea.

There is this thing called "mental poker" and I do believe a few sites out there are using it to make fair poker games. Usually the RNG is suspect or the server (and the owner) might know the deck or shuffled card order.

In the end, the only issue would be collusion between players and there's not much you can do about that. I think PokerStars and the big poker networks have ways of finding out based on behavior but nothing that can really be proven. Still, they'll ban your account for suspected cheating.

For casual play, I just find the android ones that look nice to me, I don't really care about all the other features. Fresh Deck Poker .. so maybe it's not fair (altho I think they claim to be), but the characters look cool.

Also, I guess poker is not really poker if it doesn't involve real money (or bitcoin.)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 20, 2021, 05:45:23 PM

I like the noodle suggestions guys, thanks. Now that Bitcoin price is tanking (many thanks to proudhon for foreseeing this, keep up the good work), we need to prepare for living on the cheap. Noodles are a good choice. Easy to prepare, dirt-cheap, tasty, kills you quickly to put you out of your misery.

FTFY

I like the KOKA noodles (sold in the UK), especially the purple-coloured pack (hot).

That VIFON brand posted earlier looks nice too. Extra hot, that's how I like it.

Do noodles make chicks look good and hot too?  #askingforfriend since chicks are kind of out of budget at the moment.

As for the occasional special treat (see below for reasons), I suggest home-made alpaca/llama jerky, sprinkled with O2 absorber granules (trust me, it's totally safe).

Exactly.  We should try to make this practical.. never had alpaca/llama as far as I know, and my lil dog, too.

BTW (seriously now): I have a Chinese friend who told me that a friend of his was found dead in his home. He had been on a strict noodle-only diet for 1 month. Sudden death.

Shows that when I made the above FTFY, I was anticipating where you were going with your own lil story, even before I finished reading the happy ending.

Lot's of symbiosis going on in these here parts of bat country - like an old couple finishing each other's sentences.

So one thing about this latest dump is that none of the big names who have been expressing an interest in the last several months are saying negative things, quite the opposite it would seem. I'm glad to see that they have actually decided to look into the technology itself, if they didn't they wouldn't be making these comments IMO.

Many of us long timer bitcoiners have gotten into our lil heads that bitcoin is NOT merely about "the technology" itself, even though the technology facilitated bringing to fruition some very powerful concepts, especially regarding the storage and communication of value and turning such concepts into a system (and of course other systems built upon the foundational system - aka king daddy).

I guess I am attempting to suggest that framing what king daddy brought to the table as merely technology could be quite misleading, even though technology surely plays various central roles in facilitating bitcoin concepts in ways that would have been quite more difficult to accomplish and carry out prior to the time that bitcoin came out and soon after went live 2008/2009.

When I would sign up for a new broker using options in the legacy market, they would force me to answer many questions about it to make sure that I understand what I'm getting into. The exchanges should probably have something similar to make sure that noobs understand the technology, rather than just signing up to get rich quick. This is probably why very few/none of us here have ever panic sold our holdings.

Of course, various onramps and offramps are in constant flux, and there is going to be a lot of variation based on jurisdiction and likely differences in the philosophies and business practices of with whoever you might be dealing with in terms of getting in and out of bitcoin.. or even maintaining some kind of relationship with some other entity to the extent that you might find it useful.

At some point, each of us will likely have to deal with someone else or some entity or some interface - even though some folks have chosen to HODL their bitcoins forever.. which may cause them to pass on to heirs to the extent that they left bitcoin access instructions.

Also, definitely some large dip buyers in the market right now.

Does that mean the "bottom is in"  - just asking.  I still have some concerns about being able to call the bottom before we reach $46k to $50k - but hey, I am willing to consider other evidence besides purely considering cushion above the current bottom.. of course, I understand the time factor too, so it would make a difference if we get back to $46k to $50k within the next days versus taking a year to get back there, if that were to happen.
Gyrsur
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2021, 05:46:33 PM

Chart buddy should stay, posting every 4 hours is good enough.

I agree with suchmoon, trolls are tolerated but important information isn't?

Please make a poll.

OH MY GOSH! just every 4 hours? it should be at least every hour.

WHY?

have you ever asked yourself why the Bitcoin price is so low?

look at the page count you jerk. it's just 28819.

EDIT: that Swedish military fan boy should get his own Bot coded with pussy pics every 4 hours if he is not gay.  Roll Eyes
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12027

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
May 20, 2021, 05:49:55 PM

Best painter eva....

Though these are no written things, just some internet memes available for everyone
Gyrsur
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2021, 05:54:42 PM

Best painter eva....

Though these are no written things, just some internet memes available for everyone

prove it. this is Bitcoin. a space without trust.  Grin
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
May 20, 2021, 05:55:27 PM

It is hard for me to imagine that an accurate poll will not reveal a strong group bias towards allowing it.
modrobert

Activity: 355
Merit: 284

-"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."

View Profile
May 20, 2021, 05:55:34 PM

BTW (seriously now): I have a Chinese friend who told me that a friend of his was found dead in his home. He had been on a strict noodle-only diet for 1 month. Sudden death.

MSG overdose? Here in Bangkok my favorite is Mama noodles (Tom Yum flavor), spicy and tasty.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 7977

View Profile
May 20, 2021, 05:55:40 PM

I am all for a lightning (or Monero) tipping address by the way.  Not that I would give all that much because I am a greedy bastard.

Sure that would be nice but I mean actual time. Come on!  This is the 21st century.  I cant believe Theymos is dragging his heels on this.
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
May 20, 2021, 05:56:03 PM

well... I'm suggesting to try this one - they have golden chicken and curry version best of best experience.

Toxic2040 - special thanks for your ETA from a week ago. I took it seriously. And today my funny order (funny At time of placing it) @29999USD got filled  Grin

I love the spicy...usually put a few extra squirts of sriracha.

You are very welcome degxtra1...even a broken clock is right twice a day however.   Wink

Carry on.

---------

good morning, charts

#dyor

1h

4h

#stronghands
Pages: « 1 ... 28632 28633 28634 28635 28636 28637 28638 28639 28640 28641 28642 28643 28644 28645 28646 28647 28648 28649 28650 28651 28652 28653 28654 28655 28656 28657 28658 28659 28660 28661 28662 28663 28664 28665 28666 28667 28668 28669 28670 28671 28672 28673 28674 28675 28676 28677 28678 28679 28680 28681 [28682] 28683 28684 28685 28686 28687 28688 28689 28690 28691 28692 28693 28694 28695 28696 28697 28698 28699 28700 28701 28702 28703 28704 28705 28706 28707 28708 28709 28710 28711 28712 28713 28714 28715 28716 28717 28718 28719 28720 28721 28722 28723 28724 28725 28726 28727 28728 28729 28730 28731 28732 ... 33313 »
  Print  

Jump to: