May 17, 2024, 03:02:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 30217 30218 30219 30220 30221 30222 30223 30224 30225 30226 30227 30228 30229 30230 30231 30232 30233 30234 30235 30236 30237 30238 30239 30240 30241 30242 30243 30244 30245 30246 30247 30248 30249 30250 30251 30252 30253 30254 30255 30256 30257 30258 30259 30260 30261 30262 30263 30264 30265 30266 [30267] 30268 30269 30270 30271 30272 30273 30274 30275 30276 30277 30278 30279 30280 30281 30282 30283 30284 30285 30286 30287 30288 30289 30290 30291 30292 30293 30294 30295 30296 30297 30298 30299 30300 30301 30302 30303 30304 30305 30306 30307 30308 30309 30310 30311 30312 30313 30314 30315 30316 30317 ... 33357 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26384265 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 3499

born once atheist

View Profile
March 07, 2022, 05:11:47 PM
Merited by machasm (1)

Remember when the world war 1 started? Many thought that it would be all over by Christmas 2014!

Give or take a hundred years or so....
moneystery

Activity: 700
Merit: 165

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2022, 05:15:05 PM

#Bitcoin can't fix everything.

https://twitter.com/CHAIRFORCE_BTC/status/1500879854807367686

Lol
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
March 07, 2022, 05:20:10 PM
Merited by sirazimuth (1)

I think Ukrainians should attack and fight back harder. Exterminate without hesitation. No more cease fires and just kill the vermin.  Roll Eyes  Cool  Roll Eyes

People are fighting like lions for their country, but they lack weapons that can adequately counter a far superior army. However, the situation has changed a lot since the arrival of weapons donations from EU countries, and the Russian Air Force no longer flies so safely since the Ukrainians began to mass-destroy their helicopters and military aircraft.

There is a lot of videos where it is seen that there is no mercy towards enemies, nor should there be. A Russian convoy more than 60km long that got stuck on the road to Kyiv will become the longest graveyard of military vehicles, as Ukrainians trapped them by destroying vehicles at the beginning and end of the convoy, and their tour is blocked by wet soil that prevents heavy vehicles from moving.

The same Ukranian mud that stopped Hitler is now stopping Putin, you would think they would know.
sirazimuth
Legendary

born once atheist

View Profile
March 07, 2022, 05:26:13 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2022, 05:36:34 PM by sirazimuth
Merited by JimboToronto (1)

I like CBuddy posts...He is so informing and apolitical.  (sorry Arrie, I know you find him them very irritating...)

edit... sorry snowflakes folks....I fixed that offensive pronoun.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
March 07, 2022, 05:27:22 PM

You seem to forget that Russia started this and Europe is mearly responding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV9J6sxCs5k

(2:48) Nuland: “When I talked to Jeff Feltman this morning, he had a new name for the UN guy - Robert Serry… He’s now gotten both Serry and Ban Ki-moon to agree that Serry could come in Monday or Tuesday. So that would be great to help glue this thing and to have the UN to help glue it.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/david-morrison/ukraine-willliam-hague_b_4933177.html

It is simply untrue that the Rada followed the procedure laid down in the Ukrainian constitution to impeach and remove a president from power.
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
March 07, 2022, 05:28:52 PM

I am trying to remain as neutral as possible about this war and this is getting me way too confused.  I do not know if people realize how dumb or contradictory so many of their or the mainstream arguments are, and please nobody take this as directed towards a specific user or person over here.  Just my thoughts, no negative intents.

They are blaming Russia for censoring the Western news and media, but Europe was first in this war with this kind of censorship by removing Russian TV channels, news websites et cetera.  I literally see the news that Russia Today is banned all over Europe and few hours later they call out Russia for censoring American or Western newsletters and channels.  They call one censorship, and the other one a sanction.  The argument about Putin being a pedophile exists on both sides.  The propaganda clearly exists in both Western and Russian state media, each having their own purposes to fulfill.  I have seen them mentioning how under 100 Ukrainian soldiers have died at the time while the Ukrainian forces have killed over 4,000 Russian soldiers which is just so unrealistic.

I find it mind boggling how Russian propaganda is blamed but we are cheering the Western one.  There was this picture of two kids in front of a tank posted by some popular, pro-Ukrainian figure.  The caption was specifically mentioning this was a photo from Ukraine, 2022.  Comments were filled up with messages such as: 'This is an old photo.' 'Does not matter. The message is the same'.  Video game or older clips of previous wars are shown as real Ukrainian fights.  Crazy.  If Russia does this however, it is blamed.  Funny how this works.

Things do get worse.  The massive websites of the Internet allow talking about how Putin should be beheaded but you can not even contemplate questioning America's intentions without being banned or censored for it.  How should I trust America or Europe when I am not allowed to even research what each side is saying?

Russia warns Ukraine may be staging a specific false flag event and they are told to fuck off.  Ukraine says Russia may be staging a specific false flag event and everyone blames Russia for it.  We are supporting the assassination of Putin but we are blaming him for trying to assassinate the Ukrainian President.  It is like Russians can always only do bad but Americans or Europeans can not and they are the saviors.  Do people even realize how contradictory and confusing this is to someone with a neutral set of mind?

We are in the middle of a very strong war of information and interests.  I sometimes feel like I am living in the middle of a Zombie apocalypse.  Everyone seems to blindly support whatever they see is trendy and considered 'the right way of thinking' without even thinking for real anymore.  They are feeding us exactly the way we have to think and we are gladly eating their food.  But there is no more food for thought anymore.  Some stock exchanges allow only closing Russian stock positions and selling but then if we are only allowed to sell, who are we selling to?  For the last part, I may have understood this the wrong way.  Has anyone been through this and can confirm you can close positions AND sell?

Russia is getting sanctions over sanctions, their economy is drowned.  This ultimately affects all of us, not just Russians.  It affects just the average humans, not the upper class, and we tend to forget this.  They have jets, they have money, they have influence.  They can get over it, but the average human lives paycheck to paycheck.  Now I see a xenophobia similar to the way humans perceived Asian people back in 2020.  There is a huge hate of Russians worldwide right now, and it gets worse.  The hatred is cheered and fed by almost the entire world.  But once again, the ones to suffer will be the average Russians who have nothing to do with what is currently going on in Ukraine.

There were so many wars before, and in most of them the United States always seemed to be implicated.  Yet nobody wore the affected country's flags, nobody wanted to offer refugees a home, a bed or food to eat.  How all of a sudden everyone wants to help out Ukraine is a big food for thought for me.  I have been told they were different, but how exactly?  How do we define a war that is good and one that is bad if we never cared about civilians losing lives before but now suddenly we do?

I will add the virus situation in the middle of all of this.  Two weeks ago we were fearing a virus nobody seems to care about anymore.  Protests are now allowed, gatherings of soldiers are just fine, it is like there is no virus to fear anymore.  I have even heard multiple times that the pandemic has been over since the middle of March.  Wait, what?!  What is going on really?  How is it over when only two weeks ago everyone seemed to still fear a Covid infection?  When did we get over a pandemic?!

This all already has such a strong impact over all of us and our lives, but we are too preoccupied with what the media is feeding our brains.  I definitely do not support and or want a war but this will ultimately turn into a giant global crisis, maybe one we have never seen in history before.

Are we so brainwashed we support local censorship but condemn Russians for doing the same?  Are we so brainwashed we call Putin's acts inhumane but we support hatred against average Russians who have nothing to do with this?  I have no idea.  One thing is sure, we are being lied one way or another.  Orwell was right.  We are currently living in his world without a doubt.  If someone has a contradictory argument, please come up and write it down.  I am really too confused by what is going on to understand what is good and bad anymore.

-
Regards,
PrivacyG

Ughh, see now we're back to discussing what constitutes "starting" and whether third country's diplomatic mission actively coming out on the streets to directly support a coupe/revolution should now be considered an acceptable diplomatic practice? If so im sure Chinese could spare few billions to sponsor Occupy Wall Street, BLM, yellow vest, truck blockades and all of the future "greassroot" movements

You damn well know that by "starting" I mean invading.

That goes for you too jojo.
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
March 07, 2022, 05:30:56 PM
Merited by jojo69 (2)

intense video of a Russian soldier explaining how he had been mushroomed

https://twitter.com/BlueTexas19/status/1500558315578875905

Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
March 07, 2022, 05:51:41 PM

Russian police stopping people on the street and checking their phones
https://twitter.com/davenewworld_2/status/1500507818767564800

this seems fine..
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4340
Merit: 3550

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
March 07, 2022, 05:55:18 PM

[...] offensive pronoun.

ive been at sites that when making an account ask for your "preferred pronoun" to which i have been (fairly) creative in describing obscene improbabilities. i also mess with the "gender" fields that have more than the traditional "male/female/prefer not to disclose" choices.

useless i know but i do hope some snowflakes somewhere read it and get offended.

hey its a hobby dont knock it.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1777

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
March 07, 2022, 06:01:26 PM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 10262

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 07, 2022, 06:02:33 PM

well, but this makes the phrase 'bitcoin has never gone below 200wk average [for more than a week]" meaningless, as shown in your own chart above, hence it cannot predict the all-important bottom, which is quite important. in fact, the chart shows that you cannot predict almost anything based on 200wk EMA.
I just checked and have used MA in that theory, not EMA.

However for the post made today, I have used EMA.

I do believe that many people are using the simple moving average which is usually just referred to as MA and sometimes referred to as SMA... and of course, it may well not matter so much which one you are using as long as you attempt to clarify which one it is.. because I believe that by default people are likely to presume that you are referring to the regular moving average MA or SMA unless you specify otherwise.

I doubt that your earlier assertion that causes the EMA to have more weight given to recency makes it objectively better than the MA.. but it does cause it to perhaps be better for certain kinds of purposes.. and likely no matter which one you use, you are likely to get used to it and build your comparison and contrasts around such usage, so in that sense, you start to customize your analysis with the use of such.

Like Toxic mentioned, he tends to use the MA, but is not opposed to using the EMA from time to time, and I suppose if there is a kind of flip-flopping that happens, then there may well be more need to clarify when you are using one or another and why you are doing so - even though people get away with throwing out predictions (analysis) with all kinds of vagueness.. and no one says anything... even though deeper assessment might establish a decent amount of the analysis as gobbledy-gook - especially if it is mot sufficiently explained.  Don't get me wrong.. I am not completely apposed to gobbledy-gook, especially if there might be some non-deceptive humor involved.

Don't they have connections to China/Kazakhstan, as long as blocks can get through China/Kazakhstan BTC should be fine. It only takes one synced node to share the blocks with the rest.

Dipsh!t..You forgot Mongolia, Finland, North Korea, Georgia, Letonia, Estonia, Azerbaijan, Norway and Ukraine.

Fair point....

You see.. even a stopped clock can be correct from time to time - a couple times a day to be more precise.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2022, 06:28:19 PM
Merited by NeuroticFish (6), lightfoot (5), vapourminer (2), BlackHatCoiner (2), ivomm (1), Toxic2040 (1), PrivacyG (1)

Are we so brainwashed we support local censorship but condemn Russians for doing the same?  Are we so brainwashed we call Putin's acts inhumane but we support hatred against average Russians who have nothing to do with this?  I have no idea.  One thing is sure, we are being lied one way or another.  Orwell was right.  We are currently living in his world without a doubt.  If someone has a contradictory argument, please come up and write it down.  I am really too confused by what is going on to understand what is good and bad anymore.

You've fallen into the trap of false equivalence.

Putin's regime attacked an independent country, lied about "military exercises" / no intention to attack Ukraine / "special operation" / not targeting civilians; threatened with nuclear weapons; persecutes, beats up, arrests people for merely saying "no to war", and that's just off the top of my head for the last couple of weeks.

Ukrainian government possibly lied about their losses in the war.

Same thing?

Surely some kremlintroll will be around soon to tell me that some Ukrainian lied about something else too. Also the US invaded countries. Et cetera. Whataboutism is a favorite tool of Soviet propaganda, very easy to use and quite effective on a mass scale.

Then there is this whole "average Russians" thing. I don't know who's telling you to hate them but you shouldn't. Average Russians are victims of the regime too.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 10262

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 07, 2022, 06:40:18 PM
Merited by sirazimuth (1), PrivacyG (1)

[- long and thoughtful response to various thread points]

I had been internally debating whether to send you more than one merit for your well thought out post - and part of my dilemma involved your not even mentioning bitcoin, therein... and for sure, there were several spots in which you could have mentioned it.. .  Could you not just slip it in there.. just for funzies?   Would have been nice to know how bitcoin potentially were to fit within all of that eloquent rantening.  Call me a whiner, if you must...  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Bitcoin is now the only global payment system that won’t discriminate against anyone, regardless of their race, nationality, religion, politics, or actions.

This is going to become incredibly important in the coming decades.”

Apompliano

Link or it didn't happen.

Oil price hits $125 per barrel.

They couldn't get rid of the stuff 2 years ago.

Roll Eyes

Hahhaha

Remember that short period of negative prices?  Surprised even the most pundit of pundits to both see oil prices (futures I believe) go negative, but also to recognize that physical assets can have quite concrete costs, especially if the financial vehicle is actually including the requirement that whatever is purchased has to be delivered as well... even if the purchaser were to have a big yard and a swimming pool, it may well not have been large enough to "take delivery."

Bitcoin is now the only global payment system that won’t discriminate against anyone, regardless of their race, nationality, religion, politics, or actions.

This is going to become incredibly important in the coming decades.”

Apompliano

I gave you my last merit as an encouragement.
And I'll add a small piece of advice: if it's a tweet, paste a link too  Wink

This.

I like to encourage newbies too... but (big butt) just seems wrong when there is both sloppiness in the placement of quotes within the post (no quote in the beginning) and sloppiness in the showing where this quote took place.. sure, likely it came from a tweet, but why should we (the reader) have to go searching for it?... I am not always holding newbies to higher standards, either... but sometimes we might feel more ambiguity coming from a newbie account because we have not seen too many previous posts from such account.
DaRude
Legendary

Activity: 2796
Merit: 1820

In order to dump coins one must have coins

View Profile
March 07, 2022, 06:44:58 PM

I am trying to remain as neutral as possible about this war and this is getting me way too confused.  I do not know if people realize how dumb or contradictory so many of their or the mainstream arguments are, and please nobody take this as directed towards a specific user or person over here.  Just my thoughts, no negative intents.

Ughh, see now we're back to discussing what constitutes "starting" and whether third country's diplomatic mission actively coming out on the streets to directly support a coupe/revolution should now be considered an acceptable diplomatic practice? If so im sure Chinese could spare few billions to sponsor Occupy Wall Street, BLM, yellow vest, truck blockades and all of the future "greassroot" movements

You damn well know that by "starting" I mean invading.

That goes for you too jojo.

I honestly didn't. Its like comparing BTC prices. Both sides can pick a random timeframes for price of BTC to show gains/losses to fit their narratives. If we oversimplify things and just blame the side that started bombing, then NATO bombing of Kosovo without approval of the UN Security Council doesn't sound too good, and sets precedent
sirazimuth
Legendary

born once atheist

View Profile
March 07, 2022, 06:46:36 PM

....even a stopped clock can be correct from time to time - a couple times a day to be more precise.

Indeed....
However, there is no way for one to determine when it is correct, unless one has a working clock next to it, in which case, surely the stopped clock is not only useless, but also irrelevant....Perhaps?
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1729

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2022, 06:57:43 PM

....even a stopped clock can be correct from time to time - a couple times a day to be more precise.

Indeed....
However, there is no way for one to determine when it is correct, unless one has a working clock next to it, in which case, surely the stopped clock is not only useless, but also irrelevant....Perhaps?

Time is relative, so every watch is completely irrelative unless measured from a frame of reference.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1777

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
March 07, 2022, 07:01:21 PM

Explanation
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4906

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
March 07, 2022, 07:13:20 PM

Say or do something which is socially out of bounds at the wrong time and you get sanctioned. They sanction you out of your job, your money, your honor and dignity as a human being.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsuMP4LTM8U

Reported to the Politburo.
PrivacyG

Activity: 784
Merit: 1738

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
March 07, 2022, 07:28:24 PM
Merited by BlackHatCoiner (2), JayJuanGee (1), Toxic2040 (1)

A very debatable statement I will abstain from expressing my opinion about.  There are good arguments for both sides and I can simply not call the United States or Europe innocent either.  I keep hearing that Russia is the ONLY aggressor and this is definitely biased.

You've fallen into the trap of false equivalence.

Putin's regime attacked (..) lied (..) threatened (..) persecutes (..) beats up (..) arrests (..)

Ukrainian government possibly lied about their losses in the war.
I have specifically highlighted this part of your answer and removed the rest.  The remaining part of your message is the reason I will abstain from expressing my opinion about your reply.  I will only have two things to comment.  The way I see it is, the difference between what Putin has done and what Ukraine and their supportive countries have done is that one of them does things directly with immediately felt effects while the other seems to do the same things in a more silent, indirect, suppressive manner that makes them look innocent and like a savior to the rest of the world.

I get what you mean about Whataboutism, but does this really apply to what I have said?  My examples have been from the same war.  I gave multiple examples about the way Russia's actions are seen versus when Ukraine does the same.  It is literally Russia being condemned for everything they do but when the United States or any European country does it, it is cheered and supported.  Is this really Whataboutism?

But be careful of the next step, just because you open your eyes and get disillusioned with what you were fed, doesn't automatically make the other side right. Critical thinking must be consistent and applied to both sides.
Definitely!  I am just fed up with not even being ALLOWED to see and hear what Russia says while being forcefully fed anti Russian propaganda.  Immediately discarding an argument and calling it bull shit is one thing I do not do, so I read information from both sides of the story.  I rather listen to every one and see what ultimately makes sense the most.  But shutting down anything pro Russia or even neutral opinions while glorifying everything Ukraine does and calling it censorship and totalitarianism when the opposite happens seems fishy to me.

I had been internally debating whether to send you more than one merit for your well thought out post - and part of my dilemma involved your not even mentioning bitcoin, therein... and for sure, there were several spots in which you could have mentioned it.. .  Could you not just slip it in there.. just for funzies?   Would have been nice to know how bitcoin potentially were to fit within all of that eloquent rantening.  Call me a whiner, if you must...  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
Seems like I totally missed doing so.  So much informational overload I did not even know where to start from.

-
Regards,
PrivacyG
Tash

Activity: 1190
Merit: 305

Pro financial, medical liberty

View Profile
March 07, 2022, 07:40:43 PM

Say or do something which is socially out of bounds at the wrong time and you get sanctioned. They sanction you out of your job, your money, your honor and dignity as a human being.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsuMP4LTM8U

Reported to the Politburo.
Nice to see tax money put to good use
Pages: « 1 ... 30217 30218 30219 30220 30221 30222 30223 30224 30225 30226 30227 30228 30229 30230 30231 30232 30233 30234 30235 30236 30237 30238 30239 30240 30241 30242 30243 30244 30245 30246 30247 30248 30249 30250 30251 30252 30253 30254 30255 30256 30257 30258 30259 30260 30261 30262 30263 30264 30265 30266 [30267] 30268 30269 30270 30271 30272 30273 30274 30275 30276 30277 30278 30279 30280 30281 30282 30283 30284 30285 30286 30287 30288 30289 30290 30291 30292 30293 30294 30295 30296 30297 30298 30299 30300 30301 30302 30303 30304 30305 30306 30307 30308 30309 30310 30311 30312 30313 30314 30315 30316 30317 ... 33357 »
  Print  

Jump to: