May 03, 2024, 03:11:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 30756 30757 30758 30759 30760 30761 30762 30763 30764 30765 30766 30767 30768 30769 30770 30771 30772 30773 30774 30775 30776 30777 30778 30779 30780 30781 30782 30783 30784 30785 30786 30787 30788 30789 30790 30791 30792 30793 30794 30795 30796 30797 30798 30799 30800 30801 30802 30803 30804 30805 [30806] 30807 30808 30809 30810 30811 30812 30813 30814 30815 30816 30817 30818 30819 30820 30821 30822 30823 30824 30825 30826 30827 30828 30829 30830 30831 30832 30833 30834 30835 30836 30837 30838 30839 30840 30841 30842 30843 30844 30845 30846 30847 30848 30849 30850 30851 30852 30853 30854 30855 30856 ... 33318 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26371441 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 4149

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
June 18, 2022, 09:08:46 AM

Tough times for a buyer N   O   T

The moment you are ready to click BUY, price drops by $1k...and keeps dropping...

Please, Bitcoin, keep a little steady so that we can BTFD!

Hey, I love it when the market moves in a direction favourable to me by the time I click “buy”.  This is a buyer’s market. Wink

If you zoom in close enough, you'll see that we are in full agreement.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
June 18, 2022, 09:17:08 AM
Merited by HeRetiK (1), Gachapin (1)

I think Bitcoin is teaching them that there is nobody to bail you out if you go down.
In the normal banking world a liquidity of 10% is enough. In Bitcoin country you need 100% backing.

It's a good thing that these firms are getting washed out.

Exactly. Every bear market Bitcoin is fixing maturity problems.

Hacked exchanges
Battle for dominance
Coin security
FUD resistance
Country legislations
Adoption by the corporate world

And now it's mostly stablecoins and solvency
savetherainforest

Activity: 1848
Merit: 609

Plant 1xTree for each Satoshi earned!

View Profile
June 18, 2022, 09:18:40 AM

COMMON BUDDY ! YOU HAD TO DO IT 11$ SHORTER !! FFS !  Cheesy  Cheesy

Gachapin

Activity: 910
Merit: 1862

bitcoin retard

View Profile
June 18, 2022, 09:21:16 AM

while the market goes down, quite a lot of shitcoins hold up against BTC, even fall less.

If I remember right, we haven't had that in previous cycles.
Someone really wants Bitcoin to go down..

(I know the argument that BTC is more liquid than shitcoins so better for selling large chunks, but at least shitcoins should fall at the same rate)
somac.
Legendary

Activity: 2056
Merit: 1188

Never selling

View Profile
June 18, 2022, 09:22:27 AM

Looking at USDT and USDC is interesting. USDT is dropping, USDC is increasing. Perhaps this is one large seller dropping the market, and he is exiting through Tether.

UnDerDoG81
Legendary

Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201

View Profile
June 18, 2022, 09:22:39 AM

Consider selling 20-25% of my Bitcoin. Anyone else? I have this great reset theory and now they introduced the digital USD. Its going into that direction. I start to be worried BTC will end up like Luna, once the panic kicks in? Dumped to 18.6K and nobody is buying WTF.

I am in since 2013 and ever since holded BTC. Never took profits. Never sold. I would go nuts leaving this game without a cent in my pockets after 9 years Cheesy

All these people writing only an idiot would sell at these levels. I remember people were saying the same at 69K while talking about 300K.

Edit: I have gone through 2 bear markets and the covid dump. But never had I felt that dark powers are involved. Unless now. Thats why my worries.
savetherainforest

View Profile
June 18, 2022, 09:23:09 AM

while the market goes down, quite a lot of shitcoins hold up against BTC, even fall less.

(I know the argument that BTC is more liquid than shitcoins so better for selling large chunks, but at least shitcoins should fall at the same rate)

Too bad it can't.  1 BTCiTcoin is equal to 1 BTCiTcoin.   Roll Eyes   Roll Eyes
death_wish

Activity: 70
Merit: 320

Take profit in BTC. Account PnL in BTC. BTC=money.

View Profile
June 18, 2022, 09:32:30 AM

Buyers nowhere to be seen it seems. 18k - 15k on the menu.

Not that I would ever accuse you of having a crystal ball, but... how fast do you think it can go to, say, $17,100?

Asking you because you seem to have canny instincts; and you are pro-Bitcoin, but realistic—not a Hopium addict.  I am perfectly well aware that there is no way you can predict it... just looking to compare hunches.

For future historical readers:  We dropped in one shot from $20k to $19k, in such a neat $1000 increment; and now, we are suddenly struggling to hold $19k.

Asking for a friend who seems to have very limited time to come up with some dollars...

I wish I could give you an answer.

All I can say is that I think we will only go up again when either the Fed pivots or the price gets lower enough that us hodlers have enough buying power using the incomes that we gerate from our labor. The halfing in 2 years time will help with the latter.

We either need cheap debt, or enough cash.

~900 new BTC per day.  I have been thinking about that since January.

Another of my hypotheses:  BTC has been losing “Honey Badger” resilience as more traders figure PnL in USD, fewer in BTC.  Especially the new wave of sophisticated traders backed by massive capital (institutional quants, etc.).

PnL in USD means that successful traders suck dollar capital out of the market, leaving bitcoins on the table.

PnL in BTC means that successful traders suck bitcoins out of the market, leaving dollars on the table.

It is another aspect of the marketplace zero-sum game.

A difference in currency preference for accounting purposes can make all the difference in the world.  Hodler buying power in dollars, which you mention, cannot keep up when serious hodlers are increasingly outgunned and outcapitalized by Wall Street types.  (Forget idiot moonboys.)

That leaves hodlers to find new ways of approaching this.

Way too late, I figured out some things.  Not only for personal profit, but specifically to suck as much BTC supply out of the market as I can.  I have no hope of becoming a Real Quant(TM) anytime soon, but arbitrage meshes with my way of thinking.  In the shitcoin ecosystem that must not be named, I can do arbs with negligible risk (atomic transactions: either all legs succeed, or tx fails at cost of a tx fee which is dirt-cheap in this ecosystem).  Most people doing that are sucking out dollars, leaving the bitcoins...  (I can mention that in public, because how to do it optimally is the trick; obviously, any code that I develop will be my own trade secret for operating in a hypercompetitive environment, where the best bot wins.)  Those with good access to KYC exchanges can do intra-exchange triangular or inter-exchange arbs; but there, there is always a significant risk of failing to close a leg due to slippage.

Maths experts here may want to think about the “Real Quant(TM)” thing...  In a private collaboration, I could assist on the high-performance code while someone with stronger maths works on the algorithms, the probability models, etc.

Obviously, I have thus far hurt more than I have helped:  My erstwhile bitcoins are now sloshing around the market. Undecided
savetherainforest

View Profile
June 18, 2022, 09:33:10 AM

Looking at USDT and USDC is interesting. USDT is dropping, USDC is increasing. Perhaps this is one large seller dropping the market, and he is exiting through Tether.

But if USDT goes down, then that means that BTC price goes up against it.   Cheesy   Cheesy
Gachapin

bitcoin retard

View Profile
June 18, 2022, 09:33:15 AM
Merited by suchmoon (1)

Consider selling 20-25% of my Bitcoin. Anyone else? I have this great reset theory and now they introduced the digital USD. Its going into that direction. I start to be worried BTC will end up like Luna, once the panic kicks in? Dumped to 18.6K and nobody is buying WTF.

I am in since 2013 and ever since holded BTC. Never took profits. Never sold. I would go nuts leaving this game without a cent in my pockets after 9 years Cheesy

All these people writing only an idiot would sell at these levels. I remember people were saying the same at 69K while talking about 300K.

Is this a joke?

I panic sold in my 1st cycle and learned it the hard way back then...  But you are in your 3rd, so I'd say what the fuck are you talking about?

But maybe everyone has to have the experience to sell near the bottom (73% down). So if you feel you must sell here, do it. But make sure to buy back in on the way up.. which is the hard part
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10207

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 18, 2022, 09:34:05 AM

So, are you a betting man, goldkingcoiner?

goldkingcoiner is a betting man..

#confirmed.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

The vast majority of my corn is mined, not purchased, if that helps you understand why this whole wall observation thing is just an amusement for me Smiley

Or to be more accurate, the vast majority of corns I had were dumped and wasted in the careless 2015s, a small fraction that I still have makes me a hodler, and now that mining isn't what it used to be I turned to buying yet smaller fractions using other sources of income because why not.

I do frequently argue that the concept of deciding how much to allocate to bitcoin versus fiat remain similar no matter your sources of income, but surely I understand that anyone who earns income in bitcoin is going to be faced with on going decisions regarding how much to liquidate at various points in time, and surely in recent times, we had so many folks discussing ways to employ leverage (debt) including miners, so there are likely quite a few miners who are now going to be under liquidation pressures because they had ended up employing a lot of leverage/debt that becomes way more difficult to service when mining income dries up and even the assets being held as collateral for debt (bitcoin and mining equipment in this case) ends up going way down in value.

My typing reminded me of your earlier point about the entrances of various financialization tools (players from wall street), which seems to be inevitable with any kind of invention (technology - or what do we want to call it?) that comes onto the scene and into society.. and bitcoin itself is even claiming to be a kind of money, storage of value and all that built into one.. so there's almost no way to escape financialization attempts that might start out way less than perfect, perhaps manipulation attempts and all over the place in terms of whether "fair" market value is being assisted to be found or desires to drive bitcoin in to the ground with an ability to short it more effectively... the school of hard knocks of "price discovery" no?

By the way, it seems to me that I only name-call my fellow forum members as being too whimpy when they provide me with some level of detail in which I can hook onto it.. hahahaha looking at you Biodom.. (I cannot help myself sometimes)

You, me and Biodom have a similar forum age, so in that regard, sometimes there are some abilities to frame these kinds of whimpy or not matters in terms of something like a quasi-middle of the road $50 per week DCA strategy, which should have gotten such person somewhere in the ballpark of 22.6 BTC, but surely we all make mistakes.. and sometimes we end up having to start over.. like my own ability to ONLY get above 0.63 BTC.. but still I am not talking about me.. Instead, I have been attempting to talk about ways to attempt to measure whether even some relatively modest BTC accumulation strategies may well have ended up bringing some comfortable results.. even when mistakes happen to have been made along the way..

Well, that makes me very not whimpy, if I understand your criteria correctly LOL

From my perspective  - potentially flawed - overall miners do not tend to be very whimpy unless they are completely selling all of their coins on a regular basis.. and maybe even failing to study into bitcoin.. .. and since I was a bit presumptive in not even recalling that you had a mining background, that means several of my premises for my framing of "what is whimpy" may well have been off in the first place..

For the time being, it probably would be just fair enough to go by your self-assessment representations regarding your not being whimpy, whether true or not.. but at least, I did kind of provide some kind of reference point.. so we would not end up being too abstract.. because in the abstract, most folks would proclaim themselves to "not be whimpy."  for whatever that is worth.  hahahaha

Historically, it was pretty damned common for me to suggest that guys and gal just get started with DCA investing into BTC with $10 per week, and since March 2020, I have been more inclined to suggest $100 per week.. even though I understand that some folks are in economies in which they are really struggling even to come up with $10 per week extra cashflow... but we try to do what we can, and generally speaking quite a few normies with cashflow in western societies should be able to reasonably come up with $100 per week or more to invest into bitcoin.

If someone's poor economy allows them only $10, then even if the absolute result is smaller than it would be in a better economy, it's still likely to be a relatively good result for their poor (presumably lower cost of living) economy. However it has to be a truly disposable can-afford-to-lose no-risk-of-mindrusting amount of money. If someone puts $11 in but then have to dump their coins on a dip because they overextended themselves... it's no good. And if $0 is all they can afford, it should be $0.

not unlike points that I frequently make in terms of both not over doing it and having cashflow projections (and likely some kind of emergency fund) ; and also the ability for very poor normies to invest very very small amounts could also improve economic situations of very poor normie peeps so long as they do not over do it.

Other than that, DCA is what 99% (being generous here assuming that at least 1% know how markets work) of people should do instead of chasing dildos. Unfortunately - not specific to Bitcoin but also quite typical to other savings types - many people fuck it up and end up poor when they could have easily afforded comfortable retirement.

I think almost every single one of us has a kind of tendency to want to overdo it (and want to gamble and wants to expedite our process of becoming more richie faster).. and nearly every single one of us has to fight back those kinds of urges.. because there are also folks attempting to tempt us into spinning the wheel.  

For sure, none of us should necessarily act as too much of a prude on these kinds of balances, because each person does need to find his/her balance and to feel some freedom in rolling the dice if they want to roll the dice...  point.. and frequently I believe that there still can be ways that regular folks can still gamble with part of their funds in order to scratch aspects of their itch and to have a little fun.. maybe less than 10% of their value or some prudent amount.. should be fine..  but again and again and again.. the inclination to gamble tempts many folks to go too far without having adequate principle preservations (building) mechanisms in place.. and sometimes we do hear about those guys who had nothing and went all in.. and maybe some of that is spin. . but some of the real success rags to riches do involve outrageous kinds of doubling, tripling down.
Franctoshi

Activity: 798
Merit: 546

View Profile
June 18, 2022, 09:36:47 AM

Tough times for a buyer N   O   T

The moment you are ready to click BUY, price drops by $1k...and keeps dropping...

Please, Bitcoin, keep a little steady so that we can BTFD!

Hey, I love it when the market moves in a direction favourable to me by the time I click “buy”.  This is a buyer’s market. Wink

If you zoom in close enough, you'll see that we are in full agreement.

This might be the greatest shakeout out in Bitcoin's history, Why?

1.A lot of people thought it was impossible to get back here, therefore will trigger more panic selling.
2. Institutional interest has increased since last all time (ATH) which I think some of them aren't happy they missed out the chance and they are trying to get most weak hands out to be the King in this Market as in other market.
3. What goes up must surly come down ,if you zoom out from monthly perspective,  I do think the market is very much interested in the monthly TF order block right now @$12k. We have few thousand dollars down to the price.
death_wish

Activity: 70
Merit: 320

Take profit in BTC. Account PnL in BTC. BTC=money.

View Profile
June 18, 2022, 09:38:56 AM

I very much noticed the same thing.  (I do altcoins, so I have a bunch of them on my desktop ticker.)
Wexlike
Legendary

Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086

View Profile
June 18, 2022, 09:42:22 AM

holy shit, we're dead
savetherainforest

View Profile
June 18, 2022, 09:45:37 AM

holy shit, we're dead

Welcome to the party! Cheesy Cheesy  .. Pretzels and Eggnog are on the table in the kitchen.   Roll Eyes   Roll Eyes
Gachapin

bitcoin retard

View Profile
June 18, 2022, 09:46:30 AM

holy shit, we're dead

Welcome to the party! Cheesy Cheesy  .. Pretzels and Eggnog are on the table in the kitchen.   Roll Eyes   Roll Eyes

no blow and hookers?
somac.
Legendary

Activity: 2056
Merit: 1188

Never selling

View Profile
June 18, 2022, 09:49:19 AM

Lot more activity on the mempool now. I think people are giving up.
Gachapin

bitcoin retard

View Profile
June 18, 2022, 09:50:30 AM

Lot more activity on the mempool now. I think people are giving up.

def. starts to look like max pain
tadamichi

Activity: 168
Merit: 417

武士道

View Profile
June 18, 2022, 09:53:03 AM
Merited by death_wish (1)

Well, that's one way to decouple. Someone is liquidating big time

Why wait for the weekend though, they should of done it yesterday.
Less volume on the weekend usually, makes it easier.

How’s everybody holding up?
Buying dips, no hard feelings.

Absolutely, I've read every one of his posts and each time I think he's a bigger idiot than the last; he never learns

You just proved that you have not read my posts.  Neither of you has!

I am not trading.  I am struggling to hang on and survive in a debt trap.  After multiple liquidations, my last shreds of BTC are still pinned down in a margin account by debt I can’t readily pay off because the damn margin account already ate most of my other assets.

“Hey, look, don't trade!” is unhelpful advice, when I am NOT TRADING.  (Not to mention, I never traded BTC—only bought, never intended to sell.)

That’s an easy mistake to make, serveria.com, if you have not read my posts.  No hard feelings.

I think that heslo must be trolling me.
1. It’s funny how people who don’t even know a person are quick to judge someone as idiot who’s in a desperate situation. What about a helping hand? Instead of trying to trash someone who is already down, just wait till y’all do one mistake in your lifes. And this is not an attack guys, but let’s build someone up instead of bringing him more down, i don’t think y’all are that weak.

2. @death_wish, try preparing a plan b, escaping margin trough more margin is highly unlikely. You’re in a debt trap now, but life isn’t defined by money in the first place(just a nice to have, except for people who are lame and don’t have anything else), the best things are free, so just a reminder to not forget living, even in a bad situation. Can help to get the head free again.

The question is do you wanna buy something in the short term or not? If the answer is no, i dont see a reason to sell. Escaping into the dollar will save you from what?

I think almost every single one of us has a kind of tendency to want to overdo it (and want to gamble and wants to expedite our process of becoming more richie faster).. and nearly every single one of us has to fight back those kinds of urges.. because there are also folks attempting to tempt us into spinning the wheel. 
This, i think the best rule is to just not put oneself into a possibly vulnerable situation ever, if not strictly necessary. Even if it means less profits in the moment, but i think in the end this approach leaves way less room for errors and will probably succeed more on average. Taking shortcuts almost always will come back to someone later on.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
June 18, 2022, 10:01:20 AM

Explanation
Pages: « 1 ... 30756 30757 30758 30759 30760 30761 30762 30763 30764 30765 30766 30767 30768 30769 30770 30771 30772 30773 30774 30775 30776 30777 30778 30779 30780 30781 30782 30783 30784 30785 30786 30787 30788 30789 30790 30791 30792 30793 30794 30795 30796 30797 30798 30799 30800 30801 30802 30803 30804 30805 [30806] 30807 30808 30809 30810 30811 30812 30813 30814 30815 30816 30817 30818 30819 30820 30821 30822 30823 30824 30825 30826 30827 30828 30829 30830 30831 30832 30833 30834 30835 30836 30837 30838 30839 30840 30841 30842 30843 30844 30845 30846 30847 30848 30849 30850 30851 30852 30853 30854 30855 30856 ... 33318 »
  Print  

Jump to: