Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:23:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 [327] 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering]  (Read 908382 times)
macsga
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 06:09:16 PM

Quoting from the 22nd April 2015 report, a total of about 1.3 billion yen (over 10 million dollars) is owed by Karpeles to MtGox depositors.

I wasn't sure about the amount. It was 10M then. The critical question is then "Will he give them back?"  Roll Eyes

Since Kobayashi opened bankruptcy proceedings of Tibanne, he will be forced to give a % back (how much % is the question), quoting:

While I have continually and strongly claimed against TIBANNE Co., Ltd.
(“TIBANNE”), which is the parent company of MtGox Co., Ltd. (“MtGox”), for
repayment of the loan receivables that MtGox has against TIBANNE, repayment from
TIBANNE has not yet been made. Accordingly, on January 29, 2015, I applied for
commencement of the bankruptcy proceeding for TIBANNE, as a creditor thereof, with
permission from the Tokyo District Court. In response, on January 30, 2015, the
Tokyo District Court issued an order of commencement of the bankruptcy proceeding
for TIBANNE.
I, as the Bankruptcy Trustee of MtGox, will continue to make efforts to take
necessary measures with respect to collection of receivables due from affiliated
companies, etc.

I think MK has a lot of his stash (5M) captured by the US Govt. for running a money transmittance service back in 2013; that's why he didn't want to appeal to the court there. I don't know if the "loans" have managed to make his current economic condition better, but since he has a gag order I believe he couldn't tell us even if he wanted to.

On the bright side, when this is over, Kraken will hold a lot of his original customers and probably will get a nice position to the exchange business. I think this will probably give the price the much awaited boost it needs after 1+ year bear market.

Chaos could be a form of intelligence we cannot yet understand its complexity.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fixxi.net

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 09:27:19 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2015, 09:54:25 PM by fixxi.net

The Offline Claimant form, anyone knows what email to send that to ? I missed the 29 May deadline, but hopefully they will accept my claim.

I wonder what will happen with this.
co5hike

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 04:13:24 AM

The Offline Claimant form, anyone knows what email to send that to ? I missed the 29 May deadline, but hopefully they will accept my claim.

I think you may be shit out of luck there. If you missed the deadline I don't imagine they will allow you to file the claim now. How did you muss the deadline?
macsga
Legendary

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 05:31:47 AM

I think you may be shit out of luck there. If you missed the deadline I don't imagine they will allow you to file the claim now. How did you muss the deadline?

I'd advise contacting Kraken ASAP (via their thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=290799.2880) / site (www.kraken.com) or directly PM user: Dargo) in order to see what's possible and what's not. Don't just wait nor trying to do things by your own. If something is possible to be done, the best case scenario is to have somebody with access to Kobayashi; and right now, Kraken has that access.

Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 07:08:36 AM

Did anyone get any emails to start the claims process? If not, how would we know apart from checking the forums everyday? (I didn't get any emails but I didn't have anything there)

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 07:18:08 AM

Did you try submitting the claim online? So long as it is possible to do that, there is no need to do the offline claim form. But according to the instructions for the offline form, you have to send it by mail. To find the offline form and the instructions, go to https://claims.mtgox.com and click "click here" at the bottom of the page.
cesmak
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 08:24:06 AM
Last edit: June 03, 2015, 09:42:02 AM by cesmak

Did anyone get any emails to start the claims process? If not, how would we know apart from checking the forums everyday? (I didn't get any emails but I didn't have anything there)

The Attorney will decide about every claim with the judge on september, until there, no comunications....

OhShei8e
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1059

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 09:32:32 AM

Offline means offline. You send it by snail mail.
You can still make a claim, but hurry up!

We have made a little tutorial:

https://wiki.olivere.de/goxwiki.ro/HereWeGo.html

For the offline claim see:

https://wiki.olivere.de/goxwiki.ro/OfflineClaim.html

macsga
Legendary

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 04:13:38 PM

This might be interesting:

Criminal Charges Against Agents Reveal Staggering Corruption in the Silk Road Investigation

Two of the law enforcement agents involved in the tangled multi-agency investigation into the Silk Road have been charged by the Department of Justice for stealing hundreds of thousands of dollars (at the very least) in bitcoin. The criminal complaint against former DEA agent Carl Mark Force IV and former Secret Service agent Shaun Bridges alleges money laundering, wire fraud, theft of government property, and more. But more shockingly, it tells the story of a sprawling case tainted by an unbelievable web of corruption. A state’s witness took the fall for an agent’s theft, thus becoming the target for a murder-for-hire—a murder that was then faked by the same agent. The Silk Road case was compromised again and again as Force and Bridges allegedly took every opportunity to embezzle and steal money. With so much bitcoin on their hands, the two had to coax various bitcoin and payments companies to help convert their ill-gotten gains to dollars. When companies resisted, investigations were launched, subpoenas were issued, and civil forfeitures were sought in retaliation.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/sarahjeong/2015/03/31/force-and-bridges/

Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 08:50:28 AM

Criminal Charges Against Agents Reveal Staggering Corruption in the Silk Road Investigation

Two of the law enforcement agents involved in the tangled multi-agency investigation into the Silk Road have been charged by the Department of Justice for stealing hundreds of thousands of dollars (at the very least) in bitcoin. The criminal complaint against former DEA agent Carl Mark Force IV and former Secret Service agent Shaun Bridges alleges money laundering, wire fraud, theft of government property, and more. But more shockingly, it tells the story of a sprawling case tainted by an unbelievable web of corruption. A state’s witness took the fall for an agent’s theft, thus becoming the target for a murder-for-hire—a murder that was then faked by the same agent. The Silk Road case was compromised again and again as Force and Bridges allegedly took every opportunity to embezzle and steal money. With so much bitcoin on their hands, the two had to coax various bitcoin and payments companies to help convert their ill-gotten gains to dollars. When companies resisted, investigations were launched, subpoenas were issued, and civil forfeitures were sought in retaliation.

oh god! This was predicted in a thread where it was announced that they had confiscated the coins. I cant seem to locate it now. If someone can locate it please post it here.

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 09:00:21 AM

Yeah i have no contact from anyone yet.  Looking forward to geting some coin back though lets hope enough people picked they want their money in bitcoin so it makes the decision real easy.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 06:05:03 AM

oh god! This was predicted in a thread where it was announced that they had confiscated the coins. I cant seem to locate it now. If someone can locate it please post it here.

Somewhere along the line I myself argued that it was a strong hypothesis that Mt. Gox's main problems stemmed from actions promulgated by the U.S. govt.  I am sure I proposed it several times on this board (if not this thread), and I even offered to Mt. Gox that I would be happy to lend some assistance as a harmed party should they wish to pursue a racketeering charge or some such.

What I really didn't imagine was that part of the problems were that Federal agents had gone rouge and were stealing coins themselves!  Even my rather conspiratorial mind and strong mis-trust of my government to be honest actors was unable to assign any creadence to such a wild hypothesis.  But there it is.

Since I am, as I say, prone to entertain various hypothesis, and since I am aware of a major step-up of psychological operations by my govt lately, I will propose the possibility that this whole 'bad agents' thing is concocted to cover for certain other activities.  I'll reject that if these guys are wearing orange jumpsuits in a prison yard in a few years.  Of course everyone will have forgotten about everything by that time.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
DrApricot

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 05:11:25 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2015, 06:08:42 PM by DrApricot

Somewhere along the line I myself argued that it was a strong hypothesis that Mt. Gox's main problems stemmed from actions promulgated by the U.S. govt.  I am sure I proposed it several times on this board (if not this thread), and I even offered to Mt. Gox that I would be happy to lend some assistance as a harmed party should they wish to pursue a racketeering charge or some such.

What I really didn't imagine was that part of the problems were that Federal agents had gone rouge and were stealing coins themselves!  Even my rather conspiratorial mind and strong mis-trust of my government to be honest actors was unable to assign any creadence to such a wild hypothesis.  But there it is.

Since I am, as I say, prone to entertain various hypothesis, and since I am aware of a major step-up of psychological operations by my govt lately, I will propose the possibility that this whole 'bad agents' thing is concocted to cover for certain other activities.  I'll reject that if these guys are wearing orange jumpsuits in a prison yard in a few years.  Of course everyone will have forgotten about everything by that time.

If you are right, and indicting the rouge agents represents some kind of limited hang out masking a deeper government operation, then how do explain the missing $27 million cash in bank deposits in addition to the bitcoins gone missing, as well as the bank shenanigans during the final days of Mt. Gox reported by mtgoxinvestigation.com? It seems overly simplistic to merely believe the USG pulled off this heist, although obviously rogue agents could have been involved at some level. Also,  what do you make of the Tokyo police leak in January that an insider was involved?
rcocchiararo

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 03:34:42 PM

http://www.engadget.com/2015/07/02/carl-force-pleads-guilty/?ncid=rss_truncated
macsga
Legendary

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 03:52:49 PM

It's all over the news; it seems no one is untouched by the charm of Bitcoin... Tongue
Seriously now, I first thought it was a "set up" story by the US Gov't. It seems to be backed up by serious data & evidence though. I wonder if SR has others in the bin apart from the known ones...

DrApricot

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 04:34:25 PM

It's all over the news; it seems no one is untouched by the charm of Bitcoin... Tongue
Seriously now, I first thought it was a "set up" story by the US Gov't. It seems to be backed up by serious data & evidence though. I wonder if SR has others in the bin apart from the known ones...

around 650K BTC?
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 05:43:02 PM

around 650K BTC?

If they could find the 650k due to some corrupt dude on the inside for some reason then that would be great.  Probably find a way to steal it though.
macsga
Legendary

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 05:59:15 PM

I -just- cannot avoid the hefty thought and thus -consequently- the correlation:

650K+200K=850K missing... Roll Eyes

macsga
Legendary

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 12:50:39 PM

This goes to those who missed the memo:

To whom it may concern,

Since April 22, 2015, we have been making available an online bankruptcy claim filing system (hereinafter referred to as the “System”) that enables users of MTGOX Co., Ltd.’s Bitcoin exchange (hereinafter MTGOX Co., Ltd. will be referred to as “MTGOX” and the said users will be referred to as “Users”) to make online filings of their bankruptcy claims, etc. at our website (https://claims.mtgox.com) in relation to MTGOX’s bankruptcy proceedings (case number 2014 (fu) no. 3830 at the Tokyo District Court; hereinafter referred to as the “Bankruptcy Proceedings”).

Currently, the bankruptcy trustee is accepting bankruptcy claims filed by Users using the System (the “Online Method”). The period for filing bankruptcy claims was until May 29, 2015, but the bankruptcy trustee has been accepting filings of bankruptcy claims after the expiry of the said period.

The bankruptcy trustee decided that the deadline for filing bankruptcy claims using the Online Method will be 12 noon on July 29, 2015 (Japan time).

Therefore, after 12 noon on July 29, 2015, the only things that a User will be able to do using the Online Method will be to (i) view bankruptcy claims that he or she has filed himself or herself and (ii) transfer his or her bankruptcy claims to another person. Further details regarding transfers of claims which are mentioned in sub-paragraph (ii) will be announced through the MTGOX website (http://www.mtgox.com/) at a later time. However, nearer the time of distribution, the bankruptcy trustee is planning to give Users an opportunity to use the System again to make changes to the details of their bankruptcy claims other than increasing the amount of the bankruptcy claims that Users have filed (for example, changes in their addresses or company names) (Users will not be able to file new bankruptcy claims or to increase the amount of the bankruptcy claims that they have filed).

General instructions and FAQs regarding filling of bankruptcy claims and details of how to file a bankruptcy claim if you are unable to use the System, etc. are available in the news release section of the MTGOX website (http://www.mtgox.com/). Please read these news releases as well.

This e-mail address (mtgox_trustee@noandt.com) is used only for the purpose of sending messages, and we are unable to check or respond to any replies sent to this e-mail address. We intend to provide information regarding the Bankruptcy Proceedings by posting it on MTGOX’s website (http://www.mtgox.com/ ), so please check this website on a regular basis.

We thank you for your cooperation.

freedombit

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 02:00:13 AM

Words from Mark yesterday:

http://www.magicaltux.net/post/124057497654/silk-road-timeline

And now today, police possibly charging Mark:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3f71p2/bitcoin_exchange_ceo_mark_karpeles_to_be_charged/

Where are the addresses?

If there was a theft, then Mark had the addresses, and so do Japanese police. The addresses will have to come out now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/33k23y/where_are_the_mtgox_addresses/
Pages: « 1 ... 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 [327] 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 »
  Print  

Jump to: