Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 07:12:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... 350 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH  (Read 628602 times)
escalicha

Activity: 658
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2015, 09:46:01 AM

Hello,

Im Tier 4 on Kraken and I only can say that the platform, support and market are awesome. Always I had a problem, support helps me. The last one was to pay my tax, I need my history record of transactions and deposit + withdrawals and in less of one week, they have my .csv and we have a new tool in kraken website https://www.kraken.com/u/history/export this is a fantastic job.

Thanks Kraken !  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 08:30:44 AM

i can't find it on your website under faq, but what is the maximum leverage? in the example it talk about 5:1 is that the maximum?

3:1 -- at least for my account (Germany, tier4).

so i presume that with tier 5 it will raise to 5:1? otherwise why talking about it in the example when it's not possible even with the highest level...

3:1 is currently the highest available leverage for both tier 3 and tier 4. However, we are still in the beta phase of the margin release and higher levels of leverage will be available later.

i see that you have raised it now to 20:1, this is was a good move, it is more in line with others exchanges
littlebat1980

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 12:54:11 PM

Hi, everyone else having problems with Kraken bitcoin withdrawals staying in state 'pending' and not going through?
padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

https://www.bitworks.io

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2015, 02:10:44 PM

Hi, everyone else having problems with Kraken bitcoin withdrawals staying in state 'pending' and not going through?

Saw a few posts on reddit saying the same thing, one of the users talked with support and Kraken acknowledged there is an issue currently.

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
https://www.bitworks.io
newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 03:04:51 PM

Saw a few posts on reddit saying the same thing, one of the users talked with support and Kraken acknowledged there is an issue currently.

This is a common problem for almost all real time exchanges. Though they are good for day trading, for quick withdrawal to bank account direct trading exchanges serve better.

Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 03:57:45 PM

The issue with bitcoin funding should be resolved now. If you chose to cancel the withdrawal it will cancel and you will need to resend. But otherwise all funding should go through, so let us know if you still have a bitcoin deposit that isn't credited to your account or a bitcoin withdrawal that is stuck pending.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 03:59:23 PM

i can't find it on your website under faq, but what is the maximum leverage? in the example it talk about 5:1 is that the maximum?

3:1 -- at least for my account (Germany, tier4).

so i presume that with tier 5 it will raise to 5:1? otherwise why talking about it in the example when it's not possible even with the highest level...

3:1 is currently the highest available leverage for both tier 3 and tier 4. However, we are still in the beta phase of the margin release and higher levels of leverage will be available later.

i see that you have raised it now to 20:1, this is was a good move, it is more in line with others exchanges

To clarify, we don't have 20:1 leverage yet, but plan this sometime in the next few weeks.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 04:28:17 PM

So far we haven't been able to reproduce this issue. What error message are you seeing - is it the "Margin allowance exceeded" message, or something else?
"Insufficient Funds"

OK, thanks - the "Insufficient Funds" message means that the system thinks you don't have sufficient balance in marginable currencies (BTC, EUR, USD) to cover the initial margin requirement of the order. So if there's an issue, it sounds like the system may not be accounting for the overall initial margin required for long and short orders. I'll make sure the devs look into this if they aren't already.

Yes, that could be true: the system calculates the required margin by adding up all positions and open orders. But since the orders could cancel open positions, such a summing seems not to be correct.

The system does calculate the required margin by adding up all positions and unfilled orders (both buy and sell). The reason is to avoid "fake" orders on the book that can't be taken because they aren't backed by anything. If you have 10 BTC in your account, you can put in a leveraged buy order for 30 BTC at 3:1 leverage. But if you are also allowed to put in a leveraged sell order for 30 BTC at 3:1 leverage and the buy order is later filled, then you now have a fake 30 BTC sell order on the book that isn't backed by anything. And you could iterate this process to create more fake orders.
The sell order is not unbacked but backed by the long position of 30BTC. E.g. the buy order is accepted, the user is 30BTC long and can put a 30BTC sell order. The same is true when the sell order is accepted, where he can then open a 30BTC long order. So why not allow both orders to be placed?

I'm not sure I'd say the short order is "backed" by the long position, but since the short order could only be used to close the long position, it may be unnecessary to require additional margin for it. So I see your question and am checking to see about the possibility of allowing it.  

This would not be possible to be iterated, since 2x 30BTC long and 2x 30BTC sell orders make no sense, it would add to 60BTC instead of 30BTC.

Agreed - you couldn't iterate this to get an order larger than 30 BTC. I realized this after posting, but was away from the keyboard and couldn't correct it.

Great you look into it. Here is a fresh example from a second ago to show that it is currently inconsistent: order sequence counts, but it should not
- I am 5BTC short
- I have 25BTC open short orders
- I can place another 5BTC short order, I can also place a 30BTC long order
- If I place the 5BTC short order before the 30BTC long order, it goes through
- If I place the 30BT long order first, I cannot place the 5BTC short order anymore. I then need to cancel the 30BTC long order, place the short order and replace the long order.

Thanks - the order here shouldn't matter, so this does appear to be an inconsistency and we'll look into it. Regarding the other issue where the system is requiring more margin than seems necessary, I discussed this with one of our devs and we agreed that we might be able to allow it in the way you suggest. It will be a little while yet before anything is done though, because we are looking at possibly allowing hedging soon and need to consider how this will impact things.

edit: another feature request: let users close their positions with their balances. For example, someone is 10BTC short, sends 10 BTC to kraken and has then the option to close his position with his balance.

Yes, this is a feature that we've had quite a few requests for. I don't think a definite decision has been made on it, but I don't see why we wouldn't offer it as an option, so I expect it will be put on the "to do" list soon.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 04:45:11 PM

Hello,

Im Tier 4 on Kraken and I only can say that the platform, support and market are awesome. Always I had a problem, support helps me. The last one was to pay my tax, I need my history record of transactions and deposit + withdrawals and in less of one week, they have my .csv and we have a new tool in kraken website https://www.kraken.com/u/history/export this is a fantastic job.

Thanks Kraken !  Grin

Glad to hear you are enjoying the service and thanks for pointing out this new feature! You can now go to History > Export in your account to get csv exports of your trading or ledger history. The basic steps are to choose the time period you want data for and you can choose the type of data you want. You then submit a request for the export. You may not get the export right away, because the request is put in a que to ensure that our system doesn't get overloaded with too many requests at once.
baristor

Activity: 636
Merit: 262

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 05:12:41 PM

congratulations ! how much money does this business make ? I am planning to get into it and am wondering if its a good business Cheesy
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2015, 10:14:42 AM

congratulations ! how much money does this business make ? I am planning to get into it and am wondering if its a good business Cheesy

What do you speak about? Creating an exchange? There are very much already and its hard to get high volumes so that you can earn enough from it. The chinese no fee exchanges will take it away from you.

If you speak about leverage trading... if you ask that way then you will lose everything practically the first day. If you want to you need to start with a very small amount, lets say $20. Then learn how to read charts and indicators and you will be very happe that you did not start with a big amount of money.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 05:49:35 PM

Hi All,

Our CEO, Jesse Powell, is doing a google hangout session tomorrow (Thurs 11AM PDT (UTC -7)). The title of the session is "Features, Functionality & Trader Focused Products." You will be able to view it on youtube if you miss the session.

http://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMarkets/comments/39b6rq/hangout_w_jesse_powell_of_kraken_features/

Edit: the session is tomorrow, not today.
ICFiedler

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 11:40:35 AM

Hi All,

Our CEO, Jesse Powell, is doing a google hangout session tomorrow (Thurs 11AM PDT (UTC -7)). The title of the session is "Features, Functionality & Trader Focused Products." You will be able to view it on youtube if you miss the session.

http://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMarkets/comments/39b6rq/hangout_w_jesse_powell_of_kraken_features/

Edit: the session is tomorrow, not today.
I will not be able to make it, but want to say how much I appreciate the opportunity. Thumbs up!
Serpens66
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 04:37:24 PM

I read about the new "dark pool" feature.
Will there be a new orderbook for dark orders or are they added to the normal orderbook ? I guess the second is right, but in the email it was not clear Smiley
And in the email you wrote "the only one who is able to see the dark order is you". I created a dark buy order of 50BTC at a low price, but it was not visible for me in the orderbook.

edit:
and will Bots be able to create dark orders via API ?
a thread about dark pool:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1087121.msg0;topicseen#new

And another topic:
The minimum amount of an normal order is 0.01BTC, even via API, right? How is it possible that sometimes there are alot of orders lower than that? It was like 0.001BTC every 5 cents.  So it could not be partially filled orders.  Is there a way to place orders lower than 0.01BTC ?
If wanted I can take a screenshot next time I see it.

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
Great Freeware Game: Clonk Rage
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!
Yunus

Activity: 244
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 05:16:15 PM

I read about the new "dark pool" feature.
Will there be a new orderbook for dark orders or are they added to the normal orderbook ? I guess the second is right, but in the email it was not clear Smiley
And in the email you wrote "the only one who is able to see the dark order is you". I created a dark buy order of 50BTC at a low price, but it was not visible for me in the orderbook.

edit:
and will Bots be able to create dark orders via API ?
a thread about dark pool:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1087121.msg0;topicseen#new

And another topic:
The minimum amount of an normal order is 0.01BTC, even via API, right? How is it possible that sometimes there are alot of orders lower than that? It was like 0.001BTC every 5 cents.  So it could not be partially filled orders.  Is there a way to place orders lower than 0.01BTC ?
If wanted I can take a screenshot next time I see it.

Hi Serpens,
I'll try to answer these questions now before you edit this post one more time Wink

Ok, so your dark pool orders will not be visible (to yourself) in the order book, they will only be visible in your account. And yet they will exist in the (invisible-to-clients) dark pool order book, which is not the normal order book!  

Also, you CAN create dark pool orders via API. The code is xxbtzeur.d.

Let me (or Dargo) get back to you about (b), the minimal order size

Serpens66
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 05:23:26 PM

Hi Serpens,
I'll try to answer these questions now before you edit this post one more time Wink

Ok, so your dark pool orders will not be visible (to yourself) in the order book, they will only be visible in your account. And yet they will exist in the (invisible-to-clients) dark pool order book, which is not the normal order book!   

xD

Thanks, that answers my question Smiley

Another question about dark orders:
The Minimum limit is 50btc for this, right? Will you lower this limit some day? If so, to what minimum could that be?

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 06:00:35 PM

Hi Serpens,

xD

Thanks, that answers my question Smiley

Another question about dark orders:
The Minimum limit is 50btc for this, right? Will you lower this limit some day? If so, to what minimum could that be?

Yes, the minimum is 50 BTC. It could be lowered some (say maybe to 25 BTC) if we get enough requests for that. The idea behind it is to be able to place large orders without others knowing, since if other traders know about your large buy/sell interest, this might cause the market to move against you and make it harder to fill your order. So it's intended specifically as a service for placing large orders.
Serpens66
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 06:42:36 PM

Yes, the minimum is 50 BTC. It could be lowered some (say maybe to 25 BTC) if we get enough requests for that. The idea behind it is to be able to place large orders without others knowing, since if other traders know about your large buy/sell interest, this might cause the market to move against you and make it harder to fill your order. So it's intended specifically as a service for placing large orders.
Yes this a good reason. But as far as I know, other exchanges have no special minimum limit for dark orders.

Because you can add the argument:
Also for small orders it could get difficult to get filled, when there are alot of bots active.
Some aggressive bots are written that way, that they will always overbid you 0.01€ or simular. By making your order a dark order, these bots would not know about your order and would not overbid you.

So I think there should not be a limit, because both arguments have the same "value"

bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 07:14:43 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2015, 07:27:12 PM by bernard75

Wouldnt that lead to most offers being placed in the "dark"?

And will those trades show up in the volume?
Serpens66
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 08:45:52 PM

Wouldnt that lead to most offers being placed in the "dark"?

And will those trades show up in the volume?
Since there is an additional fee, I don't think most user will place hidden orders. Only when it's necessary.
I looked for the minimum from bitfinex... but it seems their limit is 500BTC ?! Cheesy

I'm sure those hidden orders will be displayed at the last trades, so also in the traded volume.

Pages: « 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... 350 »
  Print  

Jump to: