Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:37:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 223 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Launching the Antminer L3+, World's Most Powerful and Efficient Litecoin Miner  (Read 284846 times)
trbittr

Activity: 89
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 10:24:01 AM

@searing

what power suply do you have for the L3+ or do you have the recommended APW3+ PSU from btmain?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wck

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 10:58:11 AM

How do the pools setup work? why are there 3? does it switch?

Bitmain has traditionally used a "rollover" setup on pools, so that if pool 0 is down the miner will use pool 1 and if pools 0 and 1 are both down it will use pool 2.
 They normally autoswitch back to a lower pool number when it comes up, IME with the S5, but it might take several seconds to a minute to do so when it does so.

IMO those folks asking $3500 are way high on their price - I could see charging $2000 as a "available now" surcharge but IMO $3500 is a blatant eBay-level ripoff.

I just sold my L3 hash on hashnest for over 0.29 LTC / MH ... that works out to over the $3500 L3 miner at LTC prices this morning.   If the market is there it isn't ripping people off.   People don't have to buy and people don't have to sell for low prices.  

I agree i think $3500 are justified... to be honest I also sold half my hash for 0.2949999 Mhs/LTC recuperated my intital $1900 investment left with 268Mh/s i think i will just let it run to mine some LTC as LTC just broke through $34 on Gdax and it looks like $50 is possible.

me I just mine at 25% off the expected taxes I would have to pay on income I get off 100% off gross income ..again 25% off equipment in real $$$ saved I would have had to pay
the IRS...I just run them down to doorstops....it works quite well actually (2015 not so much) but still Smiley

so a 1370 may 15th order of 4 is (not including shipping I forget what that was) so say 1370 x 4 =   $5580.00 usd at 25% off is = $ 1370 savings x 75% ...so...in my case that is buy 4 get one FREE vs what I can mine out of them...I'm good Smiley and again legal miner USA paying income tax to IRS...but hell this works dandy Smiley

whatever...cost of doing business...if you can get the equipment at the right time and coin pumps that is Smiley

IT is not very complicated (ducks...hey don't throw stuff at me in the thread!)

Dumb and lucky..sometimes it is just dumb and lucky wins the race Smiley

Yup Dumb and Lucky in my case. I am so glad I did sell it at 0.29499 LTC per Mh its back down to 0.25 LTC per Mh I can buy it all back cheaper almost 80% of the value I paid.

Naah going to stick with my initial assesment hedge your bets diversify and de-risk.

To make my decision on whether to sell the Hash Rate I created a Model on Excel here I will share it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10zdrYw3G1iworRHH25ncmLFOs6u6jSjfnrN9Dvr_ZYI/edit#gid=0

photos upload

The biggest change now on future equipment is on how I do the calculations. Before if I though LTC say was gonna double, I'd buy a bitmain unit
or so the logic goes....go with the gut but trust the math.

Now however, say that LTC went up to $50 per LTC ..... with bitmain pulling a 'firmware problem' the last time the coin went up 4x and/or with
seg witness..what is to stop them from saying the same thing and have a 'firmware error' if my 1 left coming July batch L3+ arriving 6 weeks late
while they mine with it!!!!

I had 8 L3's on April 1st or so...thru eastshore...eastshore said they 'literally' we're pulling them out of the trucks in bitmain's lot...I got 4 and they
took 4 back...and of course BTC limbo to get the coin back....firmware problem my ass......(also told by april 15th users that got L3+'s after
the firmware error was fixed the firmware was still dated Jan 2017)

So ...not sure...the frigging math has changed...large gains in coin price now means bitmain can just frigging do as they wish it seems...I'll
have to take that into consideration.I wonder if LTC hits $50-$75 bucks if I will even see my last L3+ on a July purchase....this could be
rinse/wash/repeat

AS for my evil wish

If they would just stop selling miners..mine themselves and just offer hashnet..I could live with that Smiley I mean really ..if you are gonna do
evil do it correctly....no pride in their work...wizzing in their own pool driving difficulty up....look at knc they took pre-orders on Neptune btc miners
in 2015 with customers money..filled up their data halls and mined them 5-6 months..then shipped the Neptune's late..and the owners got maybe
1/4 of the price back before they were door stops....completely screwed..and knc WON the court case against them too boot!

Bitmain has ...no pride in 'evil work' anymore...I blame the need to watch internet cats.... Smiley Not enough time to concentrate on doing evil well. Sad

By selling miners they leverage their assets.   The money from selling the miners can be used to build even more miners than they could otherwise.   It also hedges their bets by having multiple revenue streams from different sources.   I think they know exactly what they are doing.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 01:52:46 PM

@searing

what power supply do you have for the L3+ or do you have the recommended APW3+ PSU from bitmain?

Just got the bitmain ones at $105 sale that MAY still be on.....it was about $125 I think with shipping. No fuss, no muss had a year warranty...so what the heck Smiley

By selling miners they leverage their assets.   The money from selling the miners can be used to build even more miners than they could otherwise.   It also hedges their bets by having multiple revenue streams from different sources.   I think they know exactly what they are doing.

Of that, I have no doubt. Just don't see them 'going full evil thou' ..as in the previous post..don't get it ...just sell hashnet...keep it all? Sad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
MachineZero

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

mcrypt.com domain 4sale 20BTC

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 02:36:07 PM

Bitmain has traditionally used a "rollover" setup on pools, so that if pool 0 is down the miner will use pool 1 and if pools 0 and 1 are both down it will use pool 2.
 They normally autoswitch back to a lower pool number when it comes up, IME with the S5, but it might take several seconds to a minute to do so when it does so.

IMO those folks asking $3500 are way high on their price - I could see charging $2000 as a "available now" surcharge but IMO $3500 is a blatant eBay-level ripoff.

It generates $55 in LTC a day at the moment. Time is of the essence. Anyone who sells for $2000 now is a fool who can't count.

crypticj

Activity: 873
Merit: 268

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 03:06:31 PM

It generates $55 in LTC a day at the moment. Time is of the essence. Anyone who sells for $2000 now is a fool who can't count.

Yeah No one is selling for $2000 if they do please PM me i will buy all  you have, even if i have to mortgage my kids [j/k] lol...

I think the current rate is around $4k for that machine and thats fair because difficulty will rise for sure and you are looking at around 3-6 months on ROI
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2017, 06:15:35 PM

Ok, so my Hashnest L3+ purchase wasn't looking very good - I bought them at ~120 LTC each, or ~0.25 LTC per MHS - but for some inexplicable reason it spiked to 0.30 LTC on the market yesterday.

Which allowed me to sell 50% and feel much better about ROI. I'm pretty sure it's a bubble and someone's gonna be left holding the bag, but we're all consenting adults... I hope.
wck

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 10:24:43 PM

Of that, I have no doubt. Just don't see them 'going full evil thou' ..as in the previous post..don't get it ...just sell hashnet...keep it all? Sad

[/quote]

We are on the same page, I just misunderstood a previous comment.   I agree they don't have any reason to go full evil they are doing very well as it is.   
MachineZero

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

mcrypt.com domain 4sale 20BTC

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 01:50:44 PM

Mined my first block on litecoinpool.org.
Two L3+ running for a little over 36hours.

Reward to pool 25LTC
pool payouts in the same time 4LTC

Guess it'll even out in the end. Nice to have found a block so fast though.

sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 02:35:21 PM

So last Friday I hooked up five of these L3+ for hosting, powered off DPS1200 server PSU on my breakout board and nine cables.

Within a couple hours, one of them had set the breakout board on fire. I thought maybe it was a PCB flaw so I replaced it and the melted cables.

So then on Tuesday another board burned up on a different miner. And this morning I came in to find a third board burned up on a third L3+ on another shelf.

The same boards, from the same PCB batch and assembled on the same day, in the same hour, are powering S9 and T9 miners off 1500W PSUs in the hottest part of the hosting room with no problems at all. I've been building breakout boards for over three years and hosting miners for almost as long and had never seen a board burn up before last Friday.

So what the heck is going on with these things?

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Radientgurkin

Activity: 182
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 03:23:41 PM

Quick question

Can you point the antminer L3+ to any scrypt pool of your choosing ?

I was told yes. (my L3's and 2 of may 15th L3+'s of 4 ..the rest today ....are mining on www.litecoinpool.org...same as old knc titans that only seem to really,really like the site)

But....I know of folk running these on nicehash and other multipools....I'd guess it varies by specific coins mined directly..but have heard they are a lot less picky then my knc titans.

I may mine..other coins but at 3150mh of ROI'd Titans and 3550mh (with JULY 1 L3+) .....well hell...but at 30 buck LTC and seg witness not even activated yet that seems a bit 'silly' Smiley

Litecoin..has been berry,berry good to me...... Smiley So have not done much else (or see a lot of will to do so) trying other scrypt pow alts

with litecoinpool being free and paying at 103%....and rock stable.....the whim has not moved me yet.

(whim...perhaps I should start using the royal 'we' in my conversations......this kicking ass and 30 buck LTC may be going to my head) Smiley

If you do try mining any of the other coins like Novacoin or Belacoin, please let me know if the miner does it ok.  Thanks
crypticj

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 07:37:16 PM

So last Friday I hooked up five of these L3+ for hosting, powered off DPS1200 server PSU on my breakout board and nine cables.

Within a couple hours, one of them had set the breakout board on fire. I thought maybe it was a PCB flaw so I replaced it and the melted cables.

So then on Tuesday another board burned up on a different miner. And this morning I came in to find a third board burned up on a third L3+ on another shelf.

The same boards, from the same PCB batch and assembled on the same day, in the same hour, are powering S9 and T9 miners off 1500W PSUs in the hottest part of the hosting room with no problems at all. I've been building breakout boards for over three years and hosting miners for almost as long and had never seen a board burn up before last Friday.

Thats crazy I have used DPS1200 with the X-6 adapter not for L3+ makes me nervous i think i am going to get the recommended AP3+ from bitmain or ebay just to be on the safe side.
PsychoticBoy
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1010

Parental Advisory Explicit Content

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 07:44:58 PM

Thats crazy I have used DPS1200 with the X-6 adapter not for L3+ makes me nervous i think i am going to get the recommended AP3+ from bitmain or ebay just to be on the safe side.

I just use the Bitmain AWP3+, it is convient but the thing makes a lot of noise a very annoying high flute tone, maybe more annoying than the Antminer L3+ it self.
1 or 2 decent ATX PSUs would certainly lower the noise.
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 07:49:00 PM

I suspect it'd be less of a problem with a weaker PSU. Since the overcurrent cutoff on the DPS1200 is about 500 watts higher than expected draw on a L3+, if something goes wrong and a hashboard decides to pull 600 watts instead of 200 watts the cables will notice a long time before the PSU does.

Every time I check the supply boards they're running clean and cool. The one burned up last night had been running clean and cool since Friday afternoon. Almost has to be something screwy with the hashboards, but it's been a different miner on a different power supply each time.

Looks like we'll be swapping in 850W supplies with a less generous overcurrent cutoff and see what happens.

Interested to see if anyone else has had issues.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 08:56:23 PM

I suspect it'd be less of a problem with a weaker PSU. Since the overcurrent cutoff on the DPS1200 is about 500 watts higher than expected draw on a L3+, if something goes wrong and a hashboard decides to pull 600 watts instead of 200 watts the cables will notice a long time before the PSU does.

Every time I check the supply boards they're running clean and cool. The one burned up last night had been running clean and cool since Friday afternoon. Almost has to be something screwy with the hashboards, but it's been a different miner on a different power supply each time.

Looks like we'll be swapping in 850W supplies with a less generous overcurrent cutoff and see what happens.

No issues here but I'm using a single 1500W PSU on each of mine.

I did have one of mine reboot itself for an unexplained reason after 3 days but that's the only thing out of the ordinary so far.
edonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 09:00:19 PM

My single L3+ is split between two IBM 2880W Bladecenter PSUs with J4bberwock breakout boards. I split it because I'm already powering two S9s from the same PSUs. Wanted to share the load.

I'm on day 2 with no issues (knock on wood).

You've got me scared though...

Was I helpful?   BTC: 3G1Ubof5u8K9iJkM8We2f3amYZgGVdvpHr
jstefanop
Legendary

Activity: 2090
Merit: 1396

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 11:03:02 PM

Was it on stock clocks or were they overclocked?

The firmware is supposed to have auto-shutdown if any of the boards get hotter than 80c, so I doubt it was an overheat issue. Either a FET blew on the input rail on one of the boards, or one of the chips in the chain blew.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
CrazyGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 01:48:09 AM

I've got a couple running as well. I had 1 week without issue then 1 unit tripped my dual corsair 750w unit this morning. Luckily, overcurrent protection kicked in and it only tripped the PSU. No blown chips and it's back up at full speed. My other unit is still running 7 days straight on two IBM DP750w sidehack kits.

ASICPuppy.net ASIC Mining Hardware and Accessories - Compac F in stock!
cloh76

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 06:35:32 AM

WTF - Bitmain at it again...

953 more L3+ Miners available on Hashnest

3000.0 USD(99.43652635Ł) Each.

[ BTC Donations: 13RNJdT72WEd1FsT3CwdJ6jy9NAa7Hsb54 ]
crypticj

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 06:37:20 AM

Yep they dont' want people to make money who got april and may miners.

I spoke with a source in china they are shipping 30000 units almost 15 Th/s worth by July.
ErikvanBreen

Activity: 693
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 06:52:03 AM

Wow such greed from Bitmain, glad i sold my miners at around .25LTC/Mhash a few days ago since it crashed down to .2LTC/Mhash instantly after these became available.
I expected new miners to come in stock at Hashnest but not at this price  Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 223 »
  Print  

Jump to: