Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:36:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ckpool.org CLOSED  (Read 162558 times)
greyworld

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 06:49:58 PM

I don't mind the way the site is right now, but I don't know if other people feel the same way.

Same, I actually prefer a 'sparse' look.   But sometimes a little polish helps bring in new people.   I could make something with no graphics, just CSS (very lightweight).  Maybe a little javascript to translate the user/pool stats into something a little more visual.

'¸ __ ¸*ˆ * ·¸ ____ ¸*ˆ*· ¸ ______________________ ¸ ·*ˆ*¸ ____ ¸· * ˆ*¸ __ ¸'
. `·.,¸¸,.' .CKPOOL.ORG - Zero Fee Anonymous Bitcoin Mining Pool´ . . . '.,¸¸,.·´ .
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ `·.,¸¸,' ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ',¸¸,.·´ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
o_solo_miner
Legendary

Activity: 2440
Merit: 1474

-> morgen, ist heute, schon gestern <-

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 06:52:05 PM

Cheesy Welcome Back Grigorevich!

I hope you are the lucky one who solve the first block, and hopefully nothing went wrong this time.

Fancy webpages with a lot of of Java is not what I need, Information as easy to read as possible
is my favorite.
If a pool got 0 % fee and the cost are there to run it, all coverd by the pool owner, you can not expect a donation for a style up of the webpage I think.

from the creator of CGMiner http://solo.ckpool.org for Solominers
paused: passthrough for solo.ckpool.org => stratum+tcp://rfpool.org:3334
greyworld

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 07:01:46 PM

Cheesy Welcome Back Grigorevich!

I hope you are the lucky one who solve the first block, and hopefully nothing went wrong this time.

Fancy webpages with a lot of of Java is not what I need, Information as easy to read as possible
is my favorite.
If a pool got 0 % fee and the cost are there to run it, all coverd by the pool owner, you can not expect a donation for a style up of the webpage I think.

FYI Java and Javascript are very different animals, but I get your point in either case.  I actually think a little CSS / formatting would go a long way towards readability etc, and basically add nothing to the bandwidth costs.  But it's just aesthetics, they only accomplish so much.  Ultimately it's the bottom line that attracts miners, I guess (pretty new myself so I don't really know).

I wouldn't actually expect any donations, just saying I wouldn't charge -ck anything for the service.  I'm basically offering to do it for free, since he's done so much for free himself.

. `·.,¸¸,.' .CKPOOL.ORG - Zero Fee Anonymous Bitcoin Mining Pool´ . . . '.,¸¸,.·´ .
o_solo_miner
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 08:07:10 PM

Wink you are right, a little CSS would make it look fresh, and also better to read.

-ck (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 10:04:48 PM

I will put up a donation address only if and when we find our first block since I don't expect anything for a pool that has failed to perform, but I'm more than happy to accept someone to write up a style page for the few pages that do exist and I'll include them. You have the basic data that's included on the pages, just pm me, or send me an email. I greatly appreciate the offer, thanks.

We need about 3.5PH (and climbing) to find a block every 2 week period. At this stage, I'm not even sure what stops people joining even a free pool, but I don't think it's just one thing. The combination of inertia/history, insurance, perception, features, interface, language, culture, location, advertising and so on no doubt all contribute so I doubt it's just one thing, but if we were larger to begin with they'd simply come anyway - and that has always been the catch 22 I mention every few days on this thread. Can't attract hashrate if you don't have hashrate unless you're offering something radically different. This pool DOES offer some very different things (and is free) but the vast majority of miners are big entities that are blind and feel obliged to be contracted to one of the big rip off merchants in China.

Things may change drastically if we end up with a small hashrate core bitcoin and large hashrate 2x bitcoin fork. I can't even begin to convey how dangerous this period is for bitcoin's stability, especially now when it's worth more than ever...

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
puntpasskick

Activity: 46
Merit: 39

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 01:40:11 AM

The lack of colorfulness on the website doesn't bother me one bit. As a newbie, information is the key and this pool far exceeds the other pools process of relaying timely information to its users.

If you are not mining at ckpool.org, you are just doing it wrong.
greyworld

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 02:23:11 AM

You have the basic data that's included on the pages, just pm me, or send me an email. I greatly appreciate the offer, thanks.

No problem, working on it now.

I'm just making something super lightweight and static for now but if you want we could look at setting up a PHP script to run on a 10-60 minute cron that updates a few things so the page could be a bit more dynamic.  Also I have a little PHP templating system we could implement if you want, so with a couple cookies users can have their BTC address retained in the page and a preference of skins to show the site using.  For multiple color schemes, optional fancy javascript or 'no images at all' mode, etc.  Also that would let us isolate content text from the rest of the page so if you want to put in text edits it doesn't involve messing with any php/html.

Anyone know the free-est way to remotely retrieve the current value of bitcoin?  Either PHP or Javascript, preferably javascript

Can someone explain to me, in simplest possible language, how to arrive at:
"If we find the block right now, your payout is: X.XXXXXXXX BTC"?

Is it ( Herp / (Sum of everyones Herp ) ) * BTC Value?

-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2017, 02:25:15 AM

Can someone explain to me, in simplest possible language, how to arrive at:
"If we find the block right now, your payout is: X.XXXXXXXX BTC"?
The "payouts" entry for that bitcoin address in:
http://ckpool.org/pool/pool.work
If it's not in payouts, it's not due for a payout this block.

-ck
minobia

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 02:26:17 AM

http://ckpool.org

Public BETA now open. Note the pool is in a testing stage so there is currently no guarantees about the quality of service or reliability at this stage. Conditions and terms of the pool may be subject to change.

No frills, no fuss ZERO FEE anonymous SPLNS bitcoin mining for everyone

No registration required, coinbase generation, no pool op wallets

Configuration:

Just point your miner to one of:
Code:
pool.ckpool.org:3333
pool.ckpool.org:443
Set your username to your btcaddress with any or even no worker extension, and any password.
eg:
Code:
cgminer -o stratum+tcp://pool.ckpool.org:3333 -u 1PKN98VN2z5gwSGZvGKS2bj8aADZBkyhkZ.0 -p x
If you enter an invalid address you will be rejected

SPLNS

SPLNS stands for Score Per Last N Shares. Score refers to the fact that share value is weighted by the difficulty of the share found.
Last N Shares refers to the fact that the score is a rolling score based on N shares where N means 5 x the current difficulty.
The rolling average is weighted according to when the shares were found - the more recent shares are the more they are worth.

Features of SPLNS:

Hop proof - the system cannot be gamed to earn more by hopping on and off during lucky blocks.
Short "ramp up time" compared to PPLNS - rewards more rapidly rise to stable levels when you first start hashing.
Long "ramp down time" - you are still entitled to rewards for a very long period which is pool hashrate dependant rather than time dependent so you don't quickly "fall off" and earn nothing when you stop mining. Additionally this helps minimise variance for intermittent miners.
Lucky rewards - since shares are weighted by the difficulty of the share found, if you are a small miner that has a handful of lucky high diff shares, you can earn significantly more, capped at current network difficulty.
Block finder rewards - as per lucky rewards, a large share weight is attached to block finds (but is applied to the next block reward since user rewards are included in the existing unsolved block reward.) The sooner the next block is found, the higher the block finder reward is.
Malicious & faulty miner disincentives - since shares are rewarded according to the difficulty of the share found, malicious miners that withhold block solves, or faulty hardware that doesn't produce high diff shares will have substantially less reward than on any other pay scheme or pool.

SPLNS calculation is done on the fly and updated every minute based as a product of HERP DERP.
Herp stands for Hash Extracted Rate Product - where each share is worth sqrt(MIN(share diff, network_diff) / work_diff) * work_diff / 2
Derp stands for Difficulty Extrapolated Reward Payment - where the reward equals the user's herp divided by the pool's herp i.e. it is the expected reward should a block be found now.
The pool's Herp is simply added until it reaches 5 * network difficulty. After that it is biased every minute by scaling existing herp down to add the latest minute's herp and all users' herp is adjusted by the same scale the pool's was.

Additional and/or unique ckpool.org features:

Accurate statistics by the minute - while the statistics displayed at ckpool.org are rudimentary, they are updated by the minute and include accurate estimates of hash rate, herp and derp - which translates into an accurate estimate of payout should a block be solved.
Luck estimates - as the difficulty of each share is calculated into the user's herp, it is compared to an equivalent 'last N share' calculation to determine the miner's overall luck. This is done on a per worker and per user basis and displayed in the stats.The larger the miner and the longer they mine, the closer to 1 their luck will be while small miners may have much more variation.
Coinbase generation - Block solve reward is distributed directly from the block to each user, meaning each user gets a 'mined' transaction directly into their wallet as soon as the block is solved so there is no wait to get paid and no pool wallet storing user's rewards. Rewards will be considered 'immature' by bitcoin rules so will be unspendable until 100 network confirmations have passed.
Interleaved rewards - Each time a block is solved, the top 100 miners will receive a payout while 50 of the remaining smaller miners will receive a payout. Rewards will alternate between the smaller miners according to who has waited the longest for a payout. Rewards accumulate from blocks worked on even if miners are not scheduled for a payout with that block. This is done to minimise the size of the coinbase transaction to minimise latency, maximise mining hardware compatibility, and to make sure miners don't receive many small payouts which would lead to much larger fees when spending their reward.
Micropayments - payments below the dust threshold at block solve time will add to the user's herp for the next block. Once a miner's reward on successive blocks is greater than the dust threshold they will join other users with interleaved payouts.
Blocks are always as full as network congestion demands - ckpool never mines empty or light blocks and yet is still extremely fast at getting new work out to miners on block changes to minimise wasted work and decrease orphan risk.
Rapid propagation of blocks thanks to high speed low latency connections across a network of bitcoin nodes to further decrease orphan risk.
Shares all transaction fees with miners - transaction fees account for a significant portion of mining reward now and as ckpool.org always mines blocks full of transactions the extra rewards can be substantial.
Massively scalable - ckpool can handle extremely large amounts of miners without detriment to performance.

FAQ

Q: Should I use different usernames for each of my miners?
A: You are much better off consolidating all your workers to use the same username and different workernames. The reason is each different user will get a separate reward transaction at block find and each transaction will attract its own fee to spend at a later date, so you'll end up spending less fees if you just use the one username. Additionally if you have multiple small miners (eg. USB sticks), you may never get over the dust threshold if each miners to a separate address.

Q: What is the dust threshold?
A: 5460 satoshi or 0.0000546 BTC. Once enough herp has been amassed to create this much derp, miners will enter the payout queue.

Q: Are there any restrictions on hardware?
A: Only ASIC miners are allowed. Only mining hardware/software that is faulty or malicious and cannot mine high diff shares or has some/all blocks withheld that you are conscious of is not allowed - using such hardware will lead to substantially decreased rewards.

Once the pool is stable and has established a satisfactory hashrate I will be making all the code of this pool available publicly.

Support and live discussion on IRC: irc.freenode.net #ckpool

Pool code and pool operated and created by Con Kolivas, creator of cgminer and ckpool.

Nice pool will try it out
Grigorevich

Activity: 39

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 02:39:51 AM
Last edit: August 15, 2017, 02:53:52 AM by Grigorevich

Maybe the only thing we might be missing a little bit would be a hashrate graph.
mano237

Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 10:25:23 AM

I am new in this pool and I wanna ask when the pool normally payout btc to my adress? Once per week?
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 10:26:42 AM

I am new in this pool and I wanna ask when the pool normally payout btc to my adress? Once per week?
If you are above the payout threshold, it will be only whenever we find a block, which so far has been never. At our current hashrate we expect to find one block a year unless we get more hashrate.

-ck
o_solo_miner
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 10:51:09 AM

m1n3m1n3m1n3 you did a very nice signiture for the pool, congrats!

Grigorevich

Activity: 39

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 03:54:18 PM

If you are above the payout threshold, it will be only whenever we find a block, which so far has been never. At our current hashrate we expect to find one block a year unless we get more hashrate.
Mano, this means you need to help us with your hashrate and tell your friends to mine here too.
Once a block is found 100% goes to miners, there's no payout wallet and it's 0% fee. You keep transaction fee too.
So far, this is the most profitable pool in all bitcoin sphere, but we just need more hashrate to beat variance.
o_solo_miner
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 03:52:44 PM

Transaction fees starting to build up again, BTC price going up up up .. now would be a great time to find a block! (not that there is ever a bad time to find a block  Grin)

Sorry, but I had to repeat it.

-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 07:54:28 AM

Hundreds of petahash are thrown around following random chains in Chinese pools and we can't even stay above 100TH even at zero fee.

Oh well maybe if they all run off when 2x comes along, we'll be considered a big pool since we'll remain on the core chain.

-ck
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 08:06:08 AM

Hundreds of petahash are thrown around following random chains in Chinese pools and we can't even stay above 100TH even at zero fee.

Oh well maybe if they all run off when 2x comes along, we'll be considered a big pool since we'll remain on the core chain.

But if the majority, say 90% of all pools switched to 2x you would too right? Because isn't that the way Bitcoin works?

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2017, 08:09:32 AM
Last edit: August 22, 2017, 08:26:10 AM by -ck

But if the majority, say 90% of all pools switched to 2x you would too right? Because isn't that the way Bitcoin works?
That is not the way bitcoin works. I will evaluate what happens to core as an entity according to the userbase and economic majority after an extended period after the 2x fork. More hashrate does NOT guarantee that everyone follows, it just means that more mining has followed. We shall see...

EDIT: By the way, I should add - I wouldn't be so sure that 90% will follow the 2x chain regardless of what's been said and signed.

-ck
ComputerGenie

Activity: 1092
Merit: 552

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 02:38:15 PM

...EDIT: By the way, I should add - I wouldn't be so sure that 90% will follow the 2x chain regardless of what's been said and signed.
I'm pretty sure that the current hashrate on BCC is a perfect example of how right you are in that. A lot of hash is going to follow the economics (i.e., "what pays me more").  Undecided

If you have to ask "why?", you wouldn`t understand my answer.
Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 12:16:28 AM

That is not the way bitcoin works. I will evaluate what happens to core as an entity according to the userbase and economic majority after an extended period after the 2x fork. More hashrate does NOT guarantee that everyone follows, it just means that more mining has followed. We shall see...

EDIT: By the way, I should add - I wouldn't be so sure that 90% will follow the 2x chain regardless of what's been said and signed.

I don't know either way, nor do I have a stake in it. I was just interested in the concept, because I understood that is exactly what happened on Aug 1st with BCH, the majority stayed with core and segwit and a minority of vested interest miners and pools took off on their own, they became the lesser fork and therefore didn't become the "official" bitcoin, just an ALT. Will that not happen again? That bitcoin becomes whatever the vast majority is mining, that's what IS bitcoin if that happens, the economics will follow wherever the transactions are being verified.

So I was just curious, would you follow the majority like you and most of the other pools did at the beginning of this month or would you stay on the minority fork just because its core?

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: