Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:31:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 181 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Klondike - 16 chip ASIC Open Source Board - Preliminary  (Read 435331 times)
marto74

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 07:10:25 AM

BkkCoins is receiving a percentage of every miner produced through me. I sincerely hope everyone who is planning on using the Klondike design understands the amount of talent, expertise, and labor involved in producing a mining solution from the ground up, and gives credit (and coin) where it is due.

We as a community would not be in the position we are if it were not for people like BkkCoins who are willing to contribute to the network.

Remember ladies and gentlemen: Those who serve best profit most.
I've added a fee for BKKcoins for every board that will be processed trough my PCB and assembly service.

http://technobit.eu
tips : 12DNdacCtUZ99qcP74FwchaCPzeDL9Voff
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
steamboat

Activity: 648

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 07:49:23 AM

BkkCoins is receiving a percentage of every miner produced through me. I sincerely hope everyone who is planning on using the Klondike design understands the amount of talent, expertise, and labor involved in producing a mining solution from the ground up, and gives credit (and coin) where it is due.

We as a community would not be in the position we are if it were not for people like BkkCoins who are willing to contribute to the network.

+1 Steamboat
+1 Zefir
+1 BKKCoins

Thanks guys appreciate the candor. I will emulate your kick back per board steamboat and donate for the software whenever possible for Zefir and BKKCoins. I don't really think it is necessary for anyone to give completed Klondikes to anyone other than people who are doing the work first and have the full intent to promote open source development. Thanks again gents so nice to see this project has backing from very reputable and forward thinking people. This is certainly an extension of what the Avalon team is doing and that to me is great to see.

I've added a fee for BKKcoins for every board that will be processed trough my PCB and assembly service.

Thank you gentlemen for showing your support.

ASIC miners available for purchase

Those who serve best, profit most.
southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 252

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 07:50:21 AM

I think everyone should give at least there first 24 hrs of mining direct to BkkCoins address as recognition for his efforts (on top of fee on board).

BKKcoins - would you please post a list of approved distributors when things are final so we know your receiving you share of credit for the g8 work your doing.

Keep up the good work.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 07:54:39 AM

I think everyone should give at least there first 24 hrs of mining direct to BkkCoins address as recognition for his efforts (on top of fee on board).

BKKcoins - would you please post a list of approved distributors when things are final so we know your receiving you share of credit for the g8 work your doing.

Keep up the good work.

Easiest way to do that is having a mining pool set up so 100% goes directly BKKCoins. I would definitely do 24H on the pool for testing the units before I allow them to be purchased. It could be a CLOSED invite only pool for those who are contributing directly to BKKCoins Klondike board development. If many board makers agreed to this maybe BKKcoins might be interested in keeping development going into Klondike II with the second gen chips? Bonaza!

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
southerngentuk

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:02:14 AM

Keep up the good work.

Easiest way to do that is having a mining pool set up so 100% goes directly BKKCoins. I would definitely do 24H on the pool for testing the units before I allow them to be purchased. It could be a CLOSED invite only pool for those who are contributing directly to BKKCoins Klondike board development. If many board makers agreed to this maybe BKKcoins might be interested in keeping development going into Klondike II with the second gen chips? Bonaza!

Am sure no reasonable person will mind there shipping delayed 24hs whilst its put through its paces and if they can see it hashing away even better..  Lets face it when you`ve been waiting for months for BFL who cares about 24 hrs..

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Bicknellski

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:08:29 AM

+1 You know it DUDE! Wink

I don't want to handover something that can't show a 24 hour cycle minimally. I was thinking to do a rebate for that hash against the cost of the unit as well... but then again all going to a designer .... seems fair to me.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
nekonos

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:23:49 AM

Hi all
If I make the klondike project in Barcelona I also donate BTC to BKKCoins.
Probably we only do the 16 board. If there's demand maybe 64 format.

I send mp to BKKCoins days ago saying this Smiley
If you need help with drivers or firmware maybe we can help, I'm in a group with 4 programers.

Regards and encouragement Wink
BkkCoins (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1009

firstbits:1MinerQ

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 09:22:41 AM

I had an idea.

What if for each PIC programmed I embed a unique address as serial#. I can write a small script to automate that using a deterministic MPK.

Then adding a burntest (sendlove) option in cgminer would use that address for the burn period (and the address is also available at any time for user donation later).

It's easy to mine to an address directly. eg. 50btc.com allows using an address as username and all share pmt goes to that address. This makes it easy to automate. If you run cgminer in burntest mode any mining is donated to the encoded test serial# address.

I calculate that a K16 @ 282 MHz would need to mine for about 2 hours to cover my fee (today, no doubt more later). So if you ran burn tests for a couple hours even I'd be getting more than my license fee.

The nice thing about this is that if I use a different MPK for each "authorized" vendor then I can always know how much has been donated by that vendor's sold units.

I could have a web page (w/vendor login) that would generate unique PIC program images on demand such that any vendor could program their own boards as they please. As long as the donation amount is more than the (units sold * fee) - I'd consider myself paid in full. And they would never have to think about sending me payment as long as they burn each unit they ship.

Thoughts?  (just figuring this out myself)

(One thing's clear from this - my design fee is trivial in comparison to how much people will earn from their rigs: 2 hours...)

Bicknellski

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 09:34:24 AM

I had an idea.

What if for each PIC programmed I embed a unique address as serial#. I can write a small script to automate that using a deterministic MPK.

Then adding a burntest (sendlove) option in cgminer would use that address for the burn period (and the address is also available at any time for user donation later).

It's easy to mine to an address directly. eg. 50btc.com allows using an address as username and all share pmt goes to that address. This makes it easy to automate. If you run cgminer in burntest mode any mining is donated to the encoded test serial# address.

I calculate that a K16 @ 282 MHz would need to mine for about 2 hours to cover my fee (today, no doubt more later). So if you ran burn tests for a couple hours even I'd be getting more than my license fee.

The nice thing about this is that if I use a different MPK for each "authorized" vendor then I can always know how much has been donated by that vendor's sold units.

I could have a web page (w/vendor login) that would generate unique PIC program images on demand such that any vendor could program their own boards as they please. As long as the donation amount is more than the (units sold * fee) - I'd consider myself paid in full. And they would never have to think about sending me payment as long as they burn each unit they ship.

(One thing's clear from this - my design fee is trivial in comparison to how much people will earn from their rigs: 2 hours...)

+1 love that plan, do you take altcoins? Wink I am a FREICOIN FREAK.

Freicoin: Bitcoin with demurrage

nekonos

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 09:40:57 AM

+1 Sound good
marto74

Activity: 728

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 09:41:41 AM

I had an idea.

It's great idea .
Totally in for this.
This is going to save me some time when the chips start to arrive.

http://technobit.eu
tips : 12DNdacCtUZ99qcP74FwchaCPzeDL9Voff
KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 10:03:48 AM

+1 on the "mined" fee

@BKKCoins: what's your "minimum" requirement for the oscilloscope? I found a few but I'm afraid of lead times for delivery to BKK and thereabouts.

I'd be willing to finance all or part of one you could source locally/fast.
Bicknellski

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 10:18:53 AM

+1 on the "mined" fee

@BKKCoins: what's your "minimum" requirement for the oscilloscope? I found a few but I'm afraid of lead times for delivery to BKK and thereabouts.

Can chip in up to 0.5 BTC for this if you find something BKKcoins... great idea KS. Anything that will make this project sail along more smoothly be willing to chip in.

BkkCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 11:15:22 AM

I've given the serial# idea more thought and refined it a little.

I'll make a web page where vendors can retrieve unique firmware images. These will have a serial# and a unique unlock key embedded.

When vendors run their burn test they'll use my proxy as pool and serial# as user id. This can be automated easily.

Initially the firmware will throw away 10% of shares until the unlock key is passed to it by the proxy. At that point it will rewrite and remove the code that throws away 10%. The unlock key will be provided by the proxy automatically when the amount mined passes the fee value, which currently would be about 2 hours.

Vendors or customers are always welcome to send more using the proxy/serial# (I won't complain) but after the initial burn time it will never be required. End users would never even know this occurred, unless they register their own new Klondike they built to receive the firmware directly.

After I've reached my reward target I'll release the firmware source and anyone can update to the totally open version as they like.

This method has the advantage that it forces vendors to run at least a minimal burn in time or else the customer would be receive a unit that runs slow.

I think this is more robust than my initial idea, and almost transparent to vendors/customers.

Can chip in up to 0.5 BTC for this if you find something BKKcoins... great idea KS. Anything that will make this project sail along more smoothly be willing to chip in.
This sounds great to me - I would use some of zefir's kind donation towards this as well. I didn't want to spend too much on it but if it's shared amongst a few then it's quite workable. I think a good 100MHz Dual trace (1 or 2 GSs) model would be ideal. My reading so far seems to indicate the Rigol 50 or 100MHz models are much favoured due to their deeper storage memory. I view having one as a hedge against problems arising later. It's probably possible to just use my Logic Analyser but a scope would allow much more thorough diagnostics, particularly on the power supply.

The Hong Kong / China sellers who use EMS are well situated to get one here fast enough and without terribly ridiculous shipping fees. I'm going to do some more reading now and try to narrow it down. There is some local sellers as well and I'll have a look but typically they sell stuff like this for 50% higher than the online price.

tom_o

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 11:21:31 AM

Just a thought; DRM can always go wrong, and often does, generally punishing the paying customers whereas pirates and leeches quickly find a way around it. May not be the best idea.
emanymton

Activity: 219
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 11:28:33 AM

I've given the serial# idea more thought and refined it a little.

I'll make a web page where vendors can retrieve unique firmware images. These will have a serial# and a unique unlock key embedded.

When vendors run their burn test they'll use my proxy as pool and serial# as user id. This can be automated easily.

Initially the firmware will throw away 10% of shares until the unlock key is passed to it by the proxy. At that point it will rewrite and remove the code that throws away 10%. The unlock key will be provided by the proxy automatically when the amount mined passes the fee value, which currently would be about 2 hours.

Vendors or customers are always welcome to send more using the proxy/serial# (I won't complain) but after the initial burn time it will never be required. End users would never even know this occurred, unless they register their own new Klondike they built to receive the firmware directly.

After I've reached my reward target I'll release the firmware source and anyone can update to the totally open version as they like.

This method has the advantage that it forces vendors to run at least a minimal burn in time or else the customer would be receive a unit that runs slow.

I think this is more robust than my initial idea, and almost transparent to vendors/customers.

This sounds great to me - I would use some of zefir's kind donation towards this as well. I didn't want to spend too much on it but if it's shared amongst a few then it's quite workable. I think a good 100MHz Dual trace (1 or 2 GSs) model would be ideal. My reading so far seems to indicate the Rigol 50 or 100MHz models are much favoured due to their deeper storage memory. I view having one as a hedge against problems arising later. It's probably possible to just use my Logic Analyser but a scope would allow much more thorough diagnostics, particularly on the power supply.

The Hong Kong / China sellers who use EMS are well situated to get one here fast enough and without terribly ridiculous shipping fees. I'm going to do some more reading now and try to narrow it down. There is some local sellers as well and I'll have a look but typically they sell stuff like this for 50% higher than the online price.

Hi Bkk,
I'm not looking to resell the k16 but I am looking to create a bunch of them for myself, I was planning on buying my boards off you. Is there a way I can just pay you a flat rate for the exact number of pics that I'm looking to image? I already know how many boards I'm going to create and it just seems easier this way.
KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 11:29:46 AM

OK. Keep me posted.
BkkCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 11:47:45 AM

Hi Bkk,
I'm not looking to resell the k16 but I am looking to create a bunch of them for myself, I was planning on buying my boards off you. Is there a way I can just pay you a flat rate for the exact number of pics that I'm looking to image? I already know how many boards I'm going to create and it just seems easier this way.
I'm sure it can be arranged. The other idea is something I'm toying with, figuring out.

southerngentuk

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 12:07:27 PM

Bkk, Perhaps if you could put an address up we could all chip in for that scope/test boards

+1 on the firmware idea

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
emanymton

Activity: 219
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 12:10:13 PM

Hi Bkk,
I'm sure it can be arranged. The other idea is something I'm toying with, figuring out.
Thanks very much, just seems like one less hassle when setting up the boards. I expect you'll be well rewarded with all the people who'll be making klondikes.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 181 »
  Print  

Jump to: