Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:37:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148795 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:00:56 PM

Breaking News:

SEC Director of Corporation Finance Says More Enforcement Actions Coming for Initial Coin Offerings

https://www.crowdfundinsider.com/2017/11/125279-sec-director-corporation-finance-says-enforcement-actions-coming-initial-coin-offerings/
November 30, 2017 @ 12:38 pm By JD Alois

Speaking at the annual SEC Forum on Small Business Capital Formation, William Hinman, Director of Division of Corporation Finance at the SEC, said there are more enforcement actions coming when it comes to Initial Coin Offerings (ICO). Hinman, a former Silicon Valley based corporate attorney, did not mince words stating issuers should be “thoughtful” in launching an ICO. His statement should come as no surprise as the SEC has been heavily messaging their intent to go after ICO issuers who do not file for an appropriate exemption. While some ICOs may receive a pass before the SEC filed the DAO report this past summer, anyone who issued an ICO following that event without an exemption is fair game and may find themselves under the scrutiny of the SEC Enforcement Division.

Most legitimate ICOs that are seeking US money are currently submitting either a Reg D, Reg A+ or Reg CF filing with the SEC. Other ICOs appear to be denying access to US based investors. SEC Chair Jay Clayton commented recently, “I have yet to see an ICO that doesn’t have a sufficient number of hallmarks of a security,” delivered in the middle of a speech at the Institute on Securities Regulation in Manhattan.

Hinman added that additional reports on ICO are forthcoming – perhaps creating a bright line definition of when an ICO is a security and when it may be considered a Utility Token.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2017, 06:34:12 PM

https://dcebrief.com/op-ed-the-centralization-problem-bitcoin-and-bitcoin-cash/

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2017, 06:38:36 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2017, 06:54:02 PM by DNotes

I am mining dnotes and the hash rate is around 250 KH/s with RX460. Is this a normal number for this display card?

Welcome to the DNotes forum j2ee! I have seen resources for scrypt based mining by video card, let me see if I can find them for you and I will edit this post in 5-10 minutes.

Edit: It would seem that is in range, similar cards it looks like they are running around 300k. https://coinad.info/gpu-benchmarks/

DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 07:28:12 PM

Judge Orders Coinbase to Comply with IRS Summons

https://dcebrief.com/judge-orders-coinbase-to-comply-with-irs-summons/
TimMarsh

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 02:22:18 AM

Bitcoin Forks for Quick Profit

The recent jump in price that Bitcoin Cash experienced has lent confidence to everyone currently considering initiating a similar fork. This article by Timothy B Lee goes on to predict many more forks are coming soon. And he gives good reason, including the success of previous forks all sitting in the top six positions, the mining bonus Bitcoin Gold creators achieved, and the built-in customer base of bitcoin holders.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/11/get-ready-for-a-wave-of-bitcoin-forks/

Before the first fork, my mind biased by old-world economics was confident that the price of Bitcoin plus the new fork, must quickly come to equal the previous price of Bitcoin before the fork. Otherwise you'd be pulling value out of thin air. I was wrong. I and many others were surprised to see how little impact the fork had on the price of Bitcoin. And now my opinion is shifting in the other direction. The earlier that investors obtain some Bitcoin, the more forks they will automatically gain ownership of as well. This is likely to increase interest in Bitcoin rather than harm it.

Timothy Goggin's recent article brought clarity and objectivity to the history of these forks, and for the first time, I finally understand what the Lightning Network actually does. And it looks at the legitimate reasons for forking bitcoin. I expect to see the future contain a mix of legitimate forks who believe they offer a better solution, and profit oriented forks because that trail has recently be proven successful.

But it seems to me that they all rely on some angle of improvement over the existing bitcoin. Because DNotes is working hard to address issues and upgrade their cryptocurrency to be the best possible design for its purposes, I see it at much less risk of being forked, even when it has a much broader following.

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:05:22 AM

Thank you, Tim. Excellent work.

“Bitcoin was created as a decentralized and incorruptible censorship-resistant money that did not need financial institutions to function. This allowed everyday people to make transactions directly to one another for the first time.”

No doubt, this is still the most ingenious creation of the technology. When it finally gained mass acceptance as an efficient medium of exchange, the bulk of the transactions could indeed be between two parties. In the meantime, the centralized world must participate through different ecosystems as a viable business opportunity in helping to solve problems as they arise. The Lightning Network is a very creative solution by bundling transactions off chain using a payment channel with committed funds.

We envision, that one day, DNotesVault’s account holders, through our ecosystems, will have the option of tapping into their collateral value, using smart contracts, to instantly gain large credit line based on the DNotes on deposit. We will be in the position to do things for our account holders that others can’t, including instantaneous transaction approval, including very large transactions.

We are building a totally integrated ecosystem. They are all created like building blocks and strategically linked. Yes, we are operating in the confine of a centralized world where there are rules and regulations that we must followed. Picking the easy route is always tempting. However, we prefer to pick the right path including our plan to launch a funding campaign early next year. I am spending a lot of time selecting the best program for our situation. This is another important strategic block we are building that is interrelated to our NextGenVC roadmap:   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.0
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:51:25 AM
Last edit: December 01, 2017, 04:40:56 AM by Dyna

Bitcoin Forks for Quick Profit

The recent jump in price that Bitcoin Cash experienced has lent confidence to everyone currently considering initiating a similar fork. This article by Timothy B Lee goes on to predict many more forks are coming soon. And he gives good reason, including the success of previous forks all sitting in the top six positions, the mining bonus Bitcoin Gold creators achieved, and the built-in customer base of bitcoin holders.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/11/get-ready-for-a-wave-of-bitcoin-forks/

Before the first fork, my mind biased by old-world economics was confident that the price of Bitcoin plus the new fork, must quickly come to equal the previous price of Bitcoin before the fork. Otherwise you'd be pulling value out of thin air. I was wrong. I and many others were surprised to see how little impact the fork had on the price of Bitcoin. And now my opinion is shifting in the other direction. The earlier that investors obtain some Bitcoin, the more forks they will automatically gain ownership of as well. This is likely to increase interest in Bitcoin rather than harm it.

Timothy Goggin's recent article brought clarity and objectivity to the history of these forks, and for the first time, I finally understand what the Lightning Network actually does. And it looks at the legitimate reasons for forking bitcoin. I expect to see the future contain a mix of legitimate forks who believe they offer a better solution, and profit oriented forks because that trail has recently be proven successful.

But it seems to me that they all rely on some angle of improvement over the existing bitcoin. Because DNotes is working hard to address issues and upgrade their cryptocurrency to be the best possible design for its purposes, I see it at much less risk of being forked, even when it has a much broader following.

Tim, thank you for another great post. Let me just comment on your last paragraph: "But it seems to me that they all rely on some angle of improvement over the existing bitcoin. Because DNotes is working hard to address issues and upgrade their cryptocurrency to be the best possible design for its purposes, I see it at much less risk of being forked, even when it has a much broader following."

I believe that you are correct though I am not sure that we are on the same page in arriving at that conclusion. DNotes is positioned very differently. Technically, DNotes is just another digital currency, now practically at the bottom of CoinMarket cap. In reality, DNotes is (or going to be) a fully integrated financial system with participation in the funding and management of a portfolio of companies.

Should we go forward with our funding campaign, we will, most likely, be using Reg A+ Mini IPO Title IV Tier 2, a portion of the money raised will be used in NextGenVC projects. Like the traditional VC we will look at a large section of potential candidates - such as established small to mid-sized businesses with great growth potential but lacking in employees performance, funding, and other issues. We will invest in them, help them raise the needed capital, remake the company using the book "Improve Your Odds - The Four Pillars of Business Success" as the standard blue-print.

Of course, we will introduce them to DNotes, cryptocurrency savings plans, blockchain technologies, smart contracts, and much more. Indeed, we are casting a wide net based on a totally integrated system. I believe that eventually many will finally understand how the book fits in as one of our most valuable building blocks. Likewise, they will understand that DNotes 2.0 is much more than a standard software up grade that should not take more than a few weekends to pull off. And finally we mean every world of it when we say, "This is a Big Bold project of global scale."  
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 06:52:42 PM

https://youtu.be/Uo5Yn0MwJRY?t=8m27s

Adam Ettinger, Partner at Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP, talking about crowdfunding with Adam Chapnick, host of ICOInvestor.tv.
"There's something about cheerleading the entrepreneur and a population really getting behind entrepreneurship and innovation, that's exciting and right in a way that... I don't know, playing the lottery isn't."

The new forms of crowdfunding have opened up tremendous opportunity for entrepreneurs, and does so in an environment where everybody can participate regardless of wealth or status. Alan is very focused on building not only on our own crowdfunding project, but also creating a model that can be used for NextGenVC that includes everyone. Working within the guidelines, legal, and protecting the consumer while helping to create opportunity and growth. I am very excited about the impact of this project and future potential.

MAFTRADER

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:55:18 PM

Need help

I only see news here

what is the current progress ?

is this a NEWS DISCUSSION ?
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 07:27:35 PM

Need help

I only see news here

what is the current progress ?

is this a NEWS DISCUSSION ?

Welcome MAFTRADER, you will find a lot of great information here in the DNotes forum about our direction and our solutions to industry problems and DNotes philosophy. If you are looking for a quick update on the progress of DNotes 2.0, all signs point to Q1 2018 for the release. Also, working on 70+ video course for Four Pillars of Business Success, which we have a goal of being fully recorded by the end of 2017. We are also working on a crowdfunding project, which will likely be a Reg A+ Mini IPO under Title IV Tier 2, which is TBD. News is also part of our ecosystem as a result of digital currency news platform, DCEBrief.

You can follow our progress here on the forum, join our newsletter on DNotesCoin.com to be emailed, or follow us on social media https://www.facebook.com/Dnotescoin-777105165651768/ to receive major updates.

DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 08:23:00 AM

India’s Foreign Minister Says Crypto Is Not Legal Tender

https://dcebrief.com/indias-foreign-minister-says-crypto-is-not-legal-tender/
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 02:04:58 PM

It is not unusual for opinionated people to make a general judgement call without qualifying why they reached that conclusion. When Jamie Dimon, CEO of JPMorgan Chase said that Bitcoin is a fraud, did he really meant our entire industry is a fraud, or that our industry is loaded with incidents of fraud? If it is the later, not that many people would disagree with him.

Bad actors in our industry are rampantly cooking up fraudulent acts and that will indeed result in many bubbles bursting. Over the short-term, it will have a negative impact on our industry. I would characterize that as a much-needed healthy clean-up and that is a good thing.

Over the longer-term, those with great business models, clearly articulated visions, great teams, great partners, trusted brand, adequately funded, exceptionally well positioned strategically, excellent records of execution, and consistent delivery of promises made will become the obvious survivors and leaders of the future in our industry.

Legendary billionaire hedge fund investor Mike Novogratz’s clarification make some sense. What do you think? Please share your opinion and keep our community engaged. Thank you.

Novogratz: There May Be a Bubble in Bitcoin, But Bitcoin Itself Isn’t a Bubble
Joseph Young on 02/12/2017

"Legendary billionaire hedge fund investor Mike Novogratz stated that there may be a bubble in bitcoin in certain regions but the cryptocurrency itself isn’t a bubble.

As CCN previously reported, Novogratz noted that bitcoin and the cryptocurrency market could become the biggest bubble “of our lifetimes.”

“I think this [crypto] is going to be the biggest bubble of our lifetimes by a long shot. To be fair, this is a bubble and there’s a lot of fraud mixed in. We look at tons of projects. And some get funded, and they literally look like Ponzis,” said Novogratz.

Novogratz further emphasized that there were many bubbles in the past around innovative and revolutionary technologies such as the Internet. The dotcom bubble for instance overvalued projects by significant margins, with several companies selling at billions of dollars by owning a domain or an online business.

But, the Internet itself was evidently not a bubble. It has transformed every industry in the world by revolutionizing communication and processing of information. There was a bubble around Internet, as demonstrated by the dotcom era, however the technology itself was not a bubble, a fraud, or a scam."

Read more: https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/novogratz-may-bubble-bitcoin-bitcoin-isnt-bubble/
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 04:20:25 PM

It is not unusual for opinionated people to make a general judgement call without qualifying why they reached that conclusion. When Jamie Dimon, CEO of JPMorgan Chase said that Bitcoin is a fraud, did he really meant our entire industry is a fraud, or that our industry is loaded with incidents of fraud? If it is the later, not that many people would disagree with him.

Bad actors in our industry are rampantly cooking up fraudulent acts and that will indeed result in many bubbles bursting. Over the short-term, it will have a negative impact on our industry. I would characterize that as a much-needed healthy clean-up and that is a good thing.

Over the longer-term, those with great business models, clearly articulated visions, great teams, great partners, trusted brand, adequately funded, exceptionally well positioned strategically, excellent records of execution, and consistent delivery of promises made will become the obvious survivors and leaders of the future in our industry.

Legendary billionaire hedge fund investor Mike Novogratz’s clarification make some sense. What do you think? Please share your opinion and keep our community engaged. Thank you.

Novogratz: There May Be a Bubble in Bitcoin, But Bitcoin Itself Isn’t a Bubble
Joseph Young on 02/12/2017

"Legendary billionaire hedge fund investor Mike Novogratz stated that there may be a bubble in bitcoin in certain regions but the cryptocurrency itself isn’t a bubble.

As CCN previously reported, Novogratz noted that bitcoin and the cryptocurrency market could become the biggest bubble “of our lifetimes.”

“I think this [crypto] is going to be the biggest bubble of our lifetimes by a long shot. To be fair, this is a bubble and there’s a lot of fraud mixed in. We look at tons of projects. And some get funded, and they literally look like Ponzis,” said Novogratz.

Novogratz further emphasized that there were many bubbles in the past around innovative and revolutionary technologies such as the Internet. The dotcom bubble for instance overvalued projects by significant margins, with several companies selling at billions of dollars by owning a domain or an online business.

But, the Internet itself was evidently not a bubble. It has transformed every industry in the world by revolutionizing communication and processing of information. There was a bubble around Internet, as demonstrated by the dotcom era, however the technology itself was not a bubble, a fraud, or a scam."

Read more: https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/novogratz-may-bubble-bitcoin-bitcoin-isnt-bubble/

It must be really confusing for people who are trying to understand bitcoin, when the term is used to describe the entire industry. We know what the comments mean, but how is "Bitcoin is a bubble, but bitcoin isn't the bubble" supposed to make any sense to them??

If you haven't read these, check out some of our 'bubble' articles:

"While the industry as a whole has barely begun to fulfill its potential as a developing financial alternative, there certainly appears to be a handful of distinct bubbles forming within the walls of what it might become."

The Elephant in the Room: Cryptocurrency’s Massive Bubble(s) - https://dnotesedu.com/2017/11/the-elephant-in-the-room-cryptocurrencys-massive-bubbles/

"Any digital currency can, just as any fiat currency can, be used as the payment method in an illegal scheme or con. That doesn’t make the U.S. dollar a beanie baby, or the Canadian dollar a tulip bulb. There are some bad actors that have used cryptocurrencies to run recruiting based pyramid schemes, or created them solely to scam new investors through a planned pump and dump. These are crimes of the person, not crimes of the currency."

Bitcoin is Not a Ponzi, Tulip Bulb, or Beanie Baby - https://dcebrief.com/op-ed-bitcoin-is-not-a-ponzi-tulip-bulb-or-beanie-baby/

"Right now there is an unprecedented amount of personal investment flowing into cryptocurrencies along with no shortage of organizations conjuring billions in market capitalization through ICOs, even though they have never made a profit—or even worse, never made any revenue or product at all."

Bubbles, Riding Rockets & Falling Knives - https://dcebrief.com/op-ed-bubbles-riding-rockets-falling-knives/

And since bubbles start with herd mentality, you may enjoy this one:

Cryptocurrency and Market Timing Irrationality - https://dnotesedu.com/2017/07/cryptocurrency-market-timing-irrationality/

Have a great day everyone!  Smiley

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 05:42:32 PM

Working on the next chapter of Four Pillars videos, Chapter 6 is now available and the Chapter 6 concepts will be available later today.

Chapter 6 - Execution

quadrifoglio

Activity: 68
Merit: 7

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 05:56:02 PM

New owner of Dnotes coin, purchased on cryptopia

About 20.000 coins.

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 06:22:42 PM

About 20.000 coins.

Welcome to DNotes quadrifoglio!  Smiley

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 06:53:18 PM

About 20.000 coins.

Welcome to DNotes quadrifoglio!  Smiley

Welcome quadrifoglio to the DNotes forum, appreciate your support!

axlroses

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 10:46:51 PM

hii @DNotes is coinomi multi wallet support for note?
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 12:13:15 AM

Working on the next chapter of Four Pillars videos, Chapter 6 is now available and the Chapter 6 concepts will be available later today.

Chapter 6 - Execution

Chapter 6 Concepts 1 & 2

Measuring Execution Success

For Better Execution, Push from the Top

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 12:21:39 AM

hii @DNotes is coinomi multi wallet support for note?

Hi axlroses, although I don't know much about coinomi, I took a look and does not have DNotes listed. Though they appear to be a HD wallet provider, so they should be able to add almost any coin. Do you know if they have a recommendation process? We likely won't be putting a lot of effort into listings until after the DNotes 2.0 launch.

Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: