Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:24:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XEL] :: XEL - The Decentralized Supercomputer ::  (Read 253011 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Alohaboy?!

Activity: 1050
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:44:48 PM

And what about telegram? Does Elastic have chat group there? Post link please.

https://t.me/ElasticXEL

but slack would be the way to go
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tomkat

Activity: 1022
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:05:36 AM

Will there ever be a windows wallet out for Elastic in addition to the web wallet?   I'd like to download a easier wallet to my desktop.  Keep up the excellent work Devs.

There is windows wallet - you can get binaries from here https://talk.elasticexplorer.org/t/windows-wallet-release-3-1-1/775, and verify the checksums after downloading.
Deepfoelife

Activity: 434
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:26:05 PM

Hey there! Whats new to Elastic project? Is there any progress in site redesign ? I see we are stuck at the 3300 sat price for about 10 days. Is it current bottom?
abaumgar

Activity: 58
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:35:37 PM

Hey there! Whats new to Elastic project? Is there any progress in site redesign ? I see we are stuck at the 3300 sat price for about 10 days. Is it current bottom?
You can check the slack channel for updates. Nobody knows if this is the bottom, there are too many variables to give a serious price forecast.
neoscorpius

Activity: 226
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:17:13 AM

It seems that the developers remain silent on the development of the project. Maybe they have some kind of plan about which we do not know. The presence of any news could significantly revive the project. Developers hear us!
abaumgar

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:57:42 PM

It seems that the developers remain silent on the development of the project. Maybe they have some kind of plan about which we do not know. The presence of any news could significantly revive the project. Developers hear us!
The project is NOT dead, so there is no need to revive it. The developers do not care about the value of your coins.
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 02:02:10 PM

go slack channel, dev is handing out abuse there on a daily basis....between that and working they are too busy to post here Smiley
tomkat

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:07:39 AM

go slack channel, dev is handing out abuse there on a daily basis....between that and working they are too busy to post here Smiley

Ok, I finally decided to check that mythical slack channel to get some updates, but what I've seen there is .... just plain nothing   Shocked
So, to those who constantly advice to check slack for updates - don't create impression that there're lots of updates since there's nothing special going on there.
EK isn't that active too - he's just posting not-so-important stuff from time to time.
NutMasterTardd2

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 03:39:44 PM

Ok, I finally decided to check that mythical slack channel to get some updates, but what I've seen there is .... just plain nothing   Shocked
So, to those who constantly advice to check slack for updates - don't create impression that there're lots of updates since there's nothing special going on there.
EK isn't that active too - he's just posting not-so-important stuff from time to time.

Or maybe since the last update he has given he is still working on the same things? What update do you expect? A daily "I am still working on coding the computation engine".

:: Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer ::
tomkat

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:05:59 PM

Ok, I finally decided to check that mythical slack channel to get some updates, but what I've seen there is .... just plain nothing   Shocked

Or maybe since the last update he has given he is still working on the same things? What update do you expect? A daily "I am still working on coding the computation engine".

Yeah yeah right, you know, I don't expect anything anymore, just please don't redirect those poor users to slack for updates while there're no updates available there.
NutMasterTardd2

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:17:08 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2018, 06:33:12 PM by NutMasterTardd2

Yeah yeah right, you know, I don't expect anything anymore, just please don't redirect those poor users to slack for updates while there're no updates available there.

Or maybe the last update is still being worked and when something changes you will be updated. Relevant updates are in Slack, just because there hasn't been one for a while doesn't mean things aren't progressing or there are "no updates", just the same update is being worked on. Very simple to me. I might guess the next update will come when the computation engine is nearly complete or complete.

:: Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer ::
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 11:16:00 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2018, 11:34:01 AM by Evil-Knievel
Merited by schnötzel (50), Alondre (50), 13Darko (5), yussuf89 (2), trader19 (1), NutMasterTardd2 (1)

Do you remember how nice and challenging the discussions have been here around two years ago? Many brilliant and outstanding minds were brainstorming productively about how things can be made better, about flaws in the initial designs and constantly improved upon all the little challenging design questions that emerged as time progressed? Well, that was the time where the passion and the fun developing this thing were gaining new heights every day. This is also when it was fun to share the latest discoveries and expose them to public discussion.

Things unfortunately rapidly changed with the recent growth of the crypto bubble which seems to have attracted a very special specimen of mankind and almost killed even the last spark of passion that all these wonderful crypto projects deserve. Yes, I am talking about these self-proclaimed "investors", those who buy a token from some other guy and just don't understand that the only think they did was to simply buy a token from some random third party on the internet. Instead, they really believe they have some shares, voting rights or whatever in some company which does not exist. Lol, I mean they really believe that when they buy a Diet Coke from a street vendor (not even from Coca Cola itself) in the Central Park, they can show up at the next Coca Cola board meeting, pretend to be "investors" and make all sorts of demands. This is crazy! Besides, these people have just one agenda - get rich quick. And to achieve that, they hang around the slack channel like fucking vultures trying to make everyone work according to their schedule. The schedule of course only has one objective - increasing their own benefit. The progress of the project isn't even on their radar, that's why they would be also fine with updates that are no real updates at all - as long as you can use them to hype (or scare away) the crowd ...

If you happen to be in a good mood and give an update, those people immediately exploit your good will to use that information in some pump (or dump) schemes - for example in those telegram groups. This, how could it be different, just multiplies the problem and drags in more of these guys. Some have been fooled by those pump groups, some want to pump even more - so they come to the channel again (each one with different motives) and press hard to force the "long time lurkers" into doing some stupid things that they think might become beneficial to them. The one wants "marketing", the other an "update", yet another wants commitments - but none of them really wants the project lol.  

You won't believe how blunt these requests are. What these people just don't understand is: nobody will be doing any of this crap, nobody will listen to any random selfish requests and nobody will support any pumps on telegram groups! Every single request like "give me update! I am an investor" is just a waste of the time typing these words. It's just as if your dog stood up on his hind legs and said "fuck this shit! I'm outta here!". It just won't happen.

Since this is the dominating picture at the moment, I am sure that it is forgivable that those people, who once were so passionately engaged in this, dodge the bullet and run for the hills. What do you expect. I am almost finished and it is my personal goal to finish that (in my eyes very sophisticated) system as we have discussed it. But really, with these second generation crypto people around, I will make sure to not focus any less on making a good documentation so that someone else (with stronger nerves) can adopt what I have done and hopefully improve upon it.

I am by the way not generalising this, I know that most of you guys are honest and that your heart is in the right place. The problem is that even if only 1% are like this (so out of 10.000 slack users, 100 go nuts), it is already enough to kill any remaining attraction - it must be the negativity bias!
Big Naturals

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 11:52:06 AM

@EK, the problem is numbers, there were always dickheads in crypto, and proportionately maybe slightly more now, but the problem is the size of the crypto community has grown, and the dickheads are always louder, so they stick out more as numbers increase.

If you go to a party with 10 people and one person is obnoxious it's probably going to be ok, if there are 10 wankers at a party of 100 people the proportion is the same, but the vibe will be a lot worse (the other 90 people get drowned out). If there are 100 dickheads in a room of 1000 people you'll probably get assaulted  and spat on. 1000 pricks in a town of 10000 - that's literally a war zone, people getting raped and mugged in broad daylight.

My advice is do what you said above, finish the work you started and do a Satoshi, come back with a new identity as a regular community member, don't be the front man anymore.
RivAngE

Activity: 728
Merit: 169

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 10:17:00 AM

I don't know how to explain this feeling, but somehow I feel a tiny bit more clever after reading your post. Thanks for taking the time to write it.

I also feel ashamed for being part of this group you mentioned even though I wouldn't consider myself this type of "investor".
I decided to get involved and learn about blockchains and cryptocurrencies on September, then found some projects that I liked and since then I've "invested" in them by buying, holding and writing a good word of encouragement to the team now and then. I wish I could do more but all I know is HTML, PHP, some basic SQL and VBA, I can't offer technical help to any project.

Did the potential of money lured me in? Yes... but in no way I would throw my principals out of the window in order to get rich fast. I want to live a simple life and have a safenet of money in cryptocurrencies.
At the moment I'm "crunching" scientific projects for a better world instead of "mining" for money using BOINC. Great project in case people would want to support it.

Since I'm new to the forums, I don't know about you Knievel. What is the project you're saying you're working on? Elastic? The idea sounds intresting and I'd like to get involved.
syclone

Activity: 755
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:51:04 AM

Thanks for the update EK, with as many scams as I've witnessed and gone through since 2013, it's always nice to get periodic updates and appearances from the main devs just to instill some confidence in us donators.   
abaumgar

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:13:03 PM

Hi guys, I just saw that more than half of all XEL (50,698,500 of 89,390,937) are on the BitTrex account (XEL-AQVJ-PPCK-QJYJ-8T65V)  Roll Eyes
It's bad practice and undermines the idea of decentralization... please think about it if you have your XEL on BitTrex and consider putting it on a private account.
Have a nice weekend!
kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:52:41 PM

Nice post EK, it's not only Elastic's problem, almost every projects have the same problem. And you can't imagine what's goin on with projects which held an ICO, the very same type of people that you described perfectly are calling scams everywhere because their tokens didn't make a 10X in value after a couple weeks. It's exactly how you described, they buy some token/coin or join an ICO and they feel entitled to put pressure on developers so they can sell their tokens/coins for a profit. But you know what? Don't worry, these people are eventually going to lose their money because they see only some kind of speculative game and they don't see the real thing, the revolution that guys like you are starting

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:45:37 PM

Do you remember how nice and challenging the discussions have been here around two years ago? Many brilliant and outstanding minds were brainstorming productively about how things can be made better, about flaws in the initial designs and constantly improved upon all the little challenging design questions that emerged as time progressed? Well, that was the time where the passion and the fun developing this thing were gaining new heights every day. This is also when it was fun to share the latest discoveries and expose them to public discussion.

Things unfortunately rapidly changed with the recent growth of the crypto bubble which seems to have attracted a very special specimen of mankind and almost killed even the last spark of passion that all these wonderful crypto projects deserve. Yes, I am talking about these self-proclaimed "investors", those who buy a token from some other guy and just don't understand that the only think they did was to simply buy a token from some random third party on the internet. Instead, they really believe they have some shares, voting rights or whatever in some company which does not exist. Lol, I mean they really believe that when they buy a Diet Coke from a street vendor (not even from Coca Cola itself) in the Central Park, they can show up at the next Coca Cola board meeting, pretend to be "investors" and make all sorts of demands. This is crazy! Besides, these people have just one agenda - get rich quick. And to achieve that, they hang around the slack channel like fucking vultures trying to make everyone work according to their schedule. The schedule of course only has one objective - increasing their own benefit. The progress of the project isn't even on their radar, that's why they would be also fine with updates that are no real updates at all - as long as you can use them to hype (or scare away) the crowd ...

If you happen to be in a good mood and give an update, those people immediately exploit your good will to use that information in some pump (or dump) schemes - for example in those telegram groups. This, how could it be different, just multiplies the problem and drags in more of these guys. Some have been fooled by those pump groups, some want to pump even more - so they come to the channel again (each one with different motives) and press hard to force the "long time lurkers" into doing some stupid things that they think might become beneficial to them. The one wants "marketing", the other an "update", yet another wants commitments - but none of them really wants the project lol.  

You won't believe how blunt these requests are. What these people just don't understand is: nobody will be doing any of this crap, nobody will listen to any random selfish requests and nobody will support any pumps on telegram groups! Every single request like "give me update! I am an investor" is just a waste of the time typing these words. It's just as if your dog stood up on his hind legs and said "fuck this shit! I'm outta here!". It just won't happen.

Since this is the dominating picture at the moment, I am sure that it is forgivable that those people, who once were so passionately engaged in this, dodge the bullet and run for the hills. What do you expect. I am almost finished and it is my personal goal to finish that (in my eyes very sophisticated) system as we have discussed it. But really, with these second generation crypto people around, I will make sure to not focus any less on making a good documentation so that someone else (with stronger nerves) can adopt what I have done and hopefully improve upon it.

I am by the way not generalising this, I know that most of you guys are honest and that your heart is in the right place. The problem is that even if only 1% are like this (so out of 10.000 slack users, 100 go nuts), it is already enough to kill any remaining attraction - it must be the negativity bias!

this is what crypto's world need! More post like this!
I know, money are important, but the idea, the potentiality behind the crypto's world can be unimaginable.

I have xel, since months right now. I keep waiting. We are in good hands, i know. Don't give up, please!
Legionar

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 11:58:29 AM

The web page is not operational for months in you guys are expecting this coin will skyrocket?  Smiley Who are you kidding?
Alondre

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

Quiero mi bocadillo

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 12:03:51 PM
Merited by dadingsda (10)

The web page is not operational for months in you guys are expecting this coin will skyrocket?  Smiley Who are you kidding?

I dont want xel skyrocket i want xel working 🤪 I dont knew if you and others can understand this?... allways the same shit...  bla, bla, bla... price... moon... 🤨

```
Join the XEL revolution!  XEL - Decentralized Grid-computing
XEL WEBSITE | ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | XEL DISCORD | XEL WIKI
```
Pages: « 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 »
  Print  

Jump to: