Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 01:06:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
joeventura

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 06:25:53 PM

ill wait for them to have products "in stock" so i can do my math corectly

That will NEVER happen.

ya it will, wait next 2-3 weeks

They will not have any boards with chips in the next 2-3 weeks for you to buy.

What are you saying?
newmars

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 06:26:32 PM

they claimed to ordered 20k chips in the first post. where is the info for another 10K chips?
And if the 20k-chips ordering is true, it will relieve a lot of worries for product availability now.

TerraHash will sell ASIC Bitcoin mining gear using the Avalon ASIC chips. More information: http://www.terrahash.com

Basically what we are doing is as follows:

• We have ordered 20,000 chips from Avalon.

[/list]
detail3

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 06:27:22 PM

Here are Steamboats CONFIRMED chip orders...  Terrahash Pre-Order buyers, tell me how you have not been CORNHOLED.

Batch 1: Order #10177, Purchase date May 1,2013. Expected delivery date early July
Batch 2: Order #10265, Purchase date May 11,2013. Expected delivery date mid July
Batch 3: Order #10325, Purchase date May 22,2013. Expected delivery date mid/late July.
Batch 4: Order #10425, Purchase date May 28,2013. Expected delivery date late July, early Aug.
Batch 5: Order #10553, Purchase date June 5. Expected delivery date early/mid Aug.

Because we can cancel at any time (risk free) within the next 30 days (likely 45) for a full refund if TH does not prove beyond a reasonable doubt that they had a chip order on a reasonable date.  FWIW its not like Avalon is running each chip order totally separate from the next, so a difference in order dates of a few days or even a week won't kill anybody as it is likely they will all ship out concurrent with one another.

Having said that, date is still unproven...which again, would be easy to do and I'm estimating TH would lose ~50% of orders if they don't prove they had it before today, which would likely leave them unable to fund their purchases from Avalon...put them in hot water (plus its illegal to do that).  Nobody who paid with paypal or even credit card is fucked today, not by a longshot.

EDIT: they did post a SS of the order (apparently)
atomicchaos

Activity: 630

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 06:28:00 PM

The guy above me beat me to it and has better numbering, I have a bunch of orders that expire in 6 hours or so. You would need to pay the BTC to the order address and then speak to Terrahash as to how he would transfer it out of my account to provide some protection on your side.

#68x, #69x, #70x, #73x, #74x, #81x

They are setup for local hosting (I'm sure they can change that). I won't ask for anything, but a donation would be appreciated if you decide to take one. I did buy one with Paypal, but couldn't pull the trigger on the other two I was going to purchase.

BTC:113mFe2e3oRkZQ5GeqKhoHbGtVw16unnw2
BitCointransfers

Activity: 104

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 06:29:15 PM

Here are Steamboats CONFIRMED chip orders...  Terrahash Pre-Order buyers, tell me how you have not been CORNHOLED.

Batch 1: Order #10177, Purchase date May 1,2013. Expected delivery date early July
Batch 2: Order #10265, Purchase date May 11,2013. Expected delivery date mid July
Batch 3: Order #10325, Purchase date May 22,2013. Expected delivery date mid/late July.
Batch 4: Order #10425, Purchase date May 28,2013. Expected delivery date late July, early Aug.
Batch 5: Order #10553, Purchase date June 5. Expected delivery date early/mid Aug.

Because we can cancel at any time (risk free) within the next 30 days (likely 45) for a full refund if TH does not prove beyond a reasonable doubt that they had a chip order on a reasonable date.  FWIW its not like Avalon is running each chip order totally separate from the next, so a difference in order dates of a few days or even a week won't kill anybody as it is likely they will all ship out concurrent with one another.

Having said that, date is still unproven...which again, would be easy to do and I'm estimating TH would lose ~50% of orders if they don't prove they had it before today, which would likely leave them unable to fund their purchases from Avalon...put them in hot water (plus its illegal to do that).  Nobody who paid with paypal or even credit card is fucked today, not by a longshot.

Id like to see the BTC transaction..
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 06:30:58 PM

i'm waiting until, all new topic about selling terra hash pre-order, will show up

popocorn time
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 06:31:39 PM

That will NEVER happen.

What are you saying?

not them, im talking bout the market ...
joeventura

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 06:32:31 PM

It appears that TH order # 10245 with a 5/10 order date fits right into this list? no?
joeventura

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 06:33:19 PM

That will NEVER happen.

What are you saying?

not them, im talking bout the market ...

The market as in competitors or the market as in Difficulty level?
hchc

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 06:33:31 PM

Can you comment on assembly-only order that would have chips sooner than you? I'm on zefir batch 2 group buy which is order 4/18. So theoretically I would have chip 3 weeks earlier than you (hopefully). Would you be able to handle assembly-only order first assuming you have the boards/firmware ready as well? Order #487 still thinking when I should pay up or not Wink

.           ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

..           ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

detail3

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 06:35:00 PM

Yeah, I'm not sure the SS sold me either. 
atomicchaos

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 06:37:14 PM

One concern I have is that it appears that there is no limit on pre-orders. That definitely doesn't sit well with me.

ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 06:41:30 PM

One concern I have is that it appears that there is no limit on pre-orders. That definitely doesn't sit well with me.

How can you be sure of that?

Cryptoin

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 06:44:52 PM

The guy above me beat me to it and has better numbering, I have a bunch of orders that expire in 6 hours or so. You would need to pay the BTC to the order address and then speak to Terrahash as to how he would transfer it out of my account to provide some protection on your side.

They are setup for local hosting (I'm sure they can change that). I won't ask for anything, but a donation would be appreciated if you decide to take one. I did buy one with Paypal, but couldn't pull the trigger on the other two I was going to purchase.

Really guys?  Placing an order with the intention of reselling is one thing but placing an order that you don't have any intention of even paying for?  This is getting ridiculous.
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 06:45:35 PM

because is possible to place order for hundreds of devices without any problems..
ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 06:48:15 PM

because is possible to place order for hundreds of devices without any problems..

Yes, did not see that - That is slightly concerning..
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 06:50:18 PM

Agreed, however not even having the screenshot scared me off from bothering to place an order or reserve a slot despite having an account, yet here it is after the order opens. Maybe they were trying to scare off those without "faith"? haha. Agree would be good to see the BTC transaction.  
I would be interested now in hosting a group buy if someone would like to share a #4xx order slot. I did get one #64x after 10 minutes. I know it probably doesn't matter as orders are not paid at checkout but still makes me feel better to be at front of line.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 06:51:36 PM

Agreed, however not even having the screenshot scared me off from bothering to place an order or reserve a slot despite having an account, yet here it is after the order opens. Maybe they were trying to scare off those without "faith"? haha. Agree would be good to see the BTC transaction.  
I would be interested now in hosting a group buy if someone would like to share a #4xx order slot. I did get one #64x after 10 minutes. I know it probably doesn't matter as orders are not paid at checkout but still makes me feel better to be at front of line.

Can someone break down their expected expenses for these ASICs by part? So we can see how they came up with their cost?

█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████             █████ █
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 06:53:13 PM

And there's no way they have enough chips on order. Per 10,000 chip batch = 15.666666 fully loaded Terrahash DX Large miners only (at a full 180GH/s)

It would be faster now for them to buy bulk BFL chips as potentially there has been less uptake there, so may be a faster turn around. In any case there is no way Terrahash have remotely the required chips on order, and any first 15 Large DX's are probably their own.

I really hope they're going to come through, but they aren't being forthcoming with the figures you need to see yet.

I'm going to be pissed if they play games, as regardless of not investing here, I wanted to see them do this right. Accepting Paypal (thus credit cards) was a step in the right direction.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
atomicchaos

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 06:57:42 PM

Really guys?  Placing an order with the intention of reselling is one thing but placing an order that you don't have any intention of even paying for?  This is getting ridiculous.

Yes, really. Not sure I get your above logic, but it was a method to check orders, on an otherwise unknown order amount. This impacts you how? Be happy, if the orders go unfulfilled, people get pushed up, and it gave me a chance to consider if I wanted more or not given the slow release of new info.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: