Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:55:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
detail3

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 06:58:25 PM

One concern I have is that it appears that there is no limit on pre-orders. That definitely doesn't sit well with me.

How can you be sure of that?

because is possible to place order for hundreds of devices without any problems..

And there's no way they have enough chips on order. Per 10,000 chip batch = 15.666666 fully loaded Terrahash DX Large miners only (at a full 180GH/s)

It would be faster now for them to buy bulk BFL chips as potentially there has been less uptake there, so may be a faster turn around. In any case there is no way Terrahash have remotely the required chips on order, and any first 15 Large DX's are probably their own.

I really hope they're going to come through, but they aren't being forthcoming with the figures you need to see yet.

I'm going to be pissed if they play games, as regardless of not investing here, I wanted to see them do this right. Accepting Paypal (thus credit cards) was a step in the right direction.

I'm not sure how many Large DX's were sold today though, and I'm not at all certain how many got in before my order, which was maybe 3 minutes after they opened up.  The Large DX, recall, required a huge investment, and far greater faith than a sub $10,000 order after all.  If they sold $150,000 in Large DX's in four minutes I'm going to be very surprised.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 07:01:38 PM

One concern I have is that it appears that there is no limit on pre-orders. That definitely doesn't sit well with me.

because is possible to place order for hundreds of devices without any problems..

And there's no way they have enough chips on order. Per 10,000 chip batch = 15.666666 fully loaded Terrahash DX Large miners only (at a full 180GH/s)

It would be faster now for them to buy bulk BFL chips as potentially there has been less uptake there, so may be a faster turn around. In any case there is no way Terrahash have remotely the required chips on order, and any first 15 Large DX's are probably their own.

I really hope they're going to come through, but they aren't being forthcoming with the figures you need to see yet.

I'm going to be pissed if they play games, as regardless of not investing here, I wanted to see them do this right. Accepting Paypal (thus credit cards) was a step in the right direction.

I'm not sure how many Large DX's were sold today though, and I'm not at all certain how many got in before my order, which was maybe 3 minutes after they opened up.  The Large DX, recall, required a huge investment, and far greater faith than a sub $10,000 order after all.  If they sold $150,000 in Large DX's in four minutes I'm going to be very surprised.

Surely they have a unit or two for themselves and a couple of friends...I would if I was assembling them and obviously the chips would be coming out of the bulk buy, clearly paying their share, etc. but 10k chips is gone in 15 2/3 of those units. I use them as a representative example. Point is you've only seen 1 10k order, so I'd imagine most buys will have to wait the 100 days for chips minimum. Also there's been nothing mentioned about the chip assembly service they were offering, that will reduce manpower on their own assembly...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 07:03:45 PM

Its called paypal + credit card. You won't get scammed unless you buy the monster one. With orders < $5000 it should be okay.
no true.  your credit card can reverse any charge you place if there's no delivery. at least up to 60 days, depends on the card. check your card's policy
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 07:04:19 PM

If someone local has a PAID unit under #45x I'd be interested in buying shares including a share of salvage cost from eventually auctioning the unit

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 07:04:50 PM

Its called paypal + credit card. You won't get scammed unless you buy the monster one. With orders < $5000 it should be okay.

Agreed, Paypal plus AMEX = buyer protection.

It's actually ironic how we're buying hardware to mine Bitcoin, but insist on paying for the hardware using traditional payment methods like paypal or credit card instead of bitcoin for protection.

Until a payment processor pops up that offers buyer protection for bitcoin transactions, I don't think bitcoin will go mainstream.

you mean mainstream like cash?
detail3

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 07:11:16 PM

Surely they have a unit or two for themselves and a couple of friends...I would if I was assembling them and obviously the chips would be coming out of the bulk buy, clearly paying their share, etc. but 10k chips is gone in 15 2/3 of those units. I use them as a representative example. Point is you've only seen 1 10k order, so I'd imagine most buys will have to wait the 100 days for chips minimum. Also there's been nothing mentioned about the chip assembly service they were offering, that will reduce manpower on their own assembly...

Agreed, and I think in this discussion many users have forgotten that they offer the assembly service as well.  I actually think they'll be able to pump out these boards though, soldering takes time, but with the amount they are doing you get really good at it really fast.  Moreover, they can always outsource some assembly given their relative location and the number of electronics groups in the area.  The chip count is what worries me as well, and you are right, say the first person bought 15 Large's then that's that.  

I don't think they are actually holding units for themselves, as that's just a bad business decision, the NPV (net present value) of the units now would be likely negative (not worth as much as flat out selling them), they are making a decent margin here, after all, and mining simply can't keep up with that return...at least, there is no guarantee that it will.  One in the hand and all.  Having said that, ofc, people make bad business decisions everyday, and ASIC manufacturers have been no exception to this rule thus far Wink  

Keep in mind also, this is just the people ordering who had registered previously as well, it is in the interest of TH (even short term and clearly long term) to get chips as fast as they can and get units out as fast as they can.  They can easily have double the amount of orders over the next few days.  

Needless to say, this thread will be a very interesting watch over the next few days Wink
joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 07:18:41 PM

Can Terrahash confirm that if we are below the 460s and already paid that our order will ship in the first batch?

If they make good on their promise, they will let us know that in a few days. It takes some reconciliation to figure that out.

detail3

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 07:18:52 PM

Can Terrahash confirm that if we are below the 460s and already paid that our order will ship in the first batch?

Or you know, where the cutoff is.   Grin
Cryptoin

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 07:19:04 PM

It's probably a pipe dream but I would hope that they schedule deliveries based on time payment was received not on the time someone logged in and reserved an order.  I.E. if order # 600 paid before #500 he gets delivery priority.
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 07:20:14 PM

Can you comment on assembly-only order that would have chips sooner than you? I'm on zefir batch 2 group buy which is order 4/18. So theoretically I would have chip 3 weeks earlier than you (hopefully). Would you be able to handle assembly-only order first assuming you have the boards/firmware ready as well? Order #487 still thinking when I should pay up or not Wink
Good question

█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████             █████ █
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
Cryptoin

Activity: 155

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 07:40:03 PM

The guy above me beat me to it and has better numbering, I have a bunch of orders that expire in 6 hours or so. You would need to pay the BTC to the order address and then speak to Terrahash as to how he would transfer it out of my account to provide some protection on your side.

#68x, #69x, #70x, #73x, #74x, #81x

They are setup for local hosting (I'm sure they can change that). I won't ask for anything, but a donation would be appreciated if you decide to take one. I did buy one with Paypal, but couldn't pull the trigger on the other two I was going to purchase.

Really guys?  Placing an order with the intention of reselling is one thing but placing an order that you don't have any intention of even paying for?  This is getting ridiculous.

Yes, really. Not sure I get your above logic, but it was a method to check orders, on an otherwise unknown order amount. This impacts you how? Be happy, if the orders go unfulfilled, people get pushed up, and it gave me a chance to consider if I wanted more or not given the slow release of new info.

It impacts anyone who placed an order after you.  It's no different than showing up at Best Buy when they have a major sale, grabbing every thing they have on the rack and standing at the checkout asking people at the end of line if they want to come to the front of the line and purchase some of the items you just grabbed for an additional fee.  Kind of a dick move.
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 07:40:45 PM

If someone local has a PAID unit under #45x I'd be interested in buying shares including a share of salvage cost from eventually auctioning the unit

I don't think that you should care about order numbers. because there was no limitation for single order and it seems, that they've ordered only 10k chips. theoretically, one single person/group should buy everything in first minute.)
kendog77

Activity: 742

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 07:47:23 PM

terrahash, I'm confused about conflicting information about the number of Avalon chips you have on order. The first post in this thread, which was made on 5-7, says you have orders for 20k Avalon chips, but the screenshot above only shows a single 10k order placed on 5-10.

Do you have multiple chip orders?
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 07:52:29 PM

I have an unpaid order #45x for a DX-Large 10 Module with PSU that I probably won't be able to purchase if anyone is interested.

This should still be in the first batch of shipments.

That's 640 chips, right there...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
detail3

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 07:54:46 PM

I have an unpaid order #45x for a DX-Large 10 Module with PSU that I probably won't be able to purchase if anyone is interested.

absurd.  Here's to hoping they sort by payment and not order (which would only make sense anyway).
cad_cdn

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 07:55:24 PM

+1

absurd.  Here's to hoping they sort by payment and not order (which would only make sense anyway).
kendog77

Activity: 742

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 08:02:19 PM

+1

Agreed.

terrahash, it would be nice if the order queue was sorted by payment time instead of by order number. A lot of other companies already do this because an order is not final until you pay.
bearsworth

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 08:05:41 PM

+1. Makes it unfair for peopel to just have a bunch of orders no payment then pay later.

Bitrated user: cryptomark.
jdape

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 08:09:44 PM

For the first 24 hours, only the folks who have signed up for an account on our website before this email, would be allowed to place an order. After that anybody would be able to order.

I guess they changed their mind because there are/were no restrictions on ordering today, pre-existing account or not.  

That's fine.  I imagine it would have been quite a clusterfuck for them, if they had tried to follow through with that decision.

Fork Networking - VPS, Colocation, Dedicated Servers for Bitcoin & Litecoin. Since 1994! www.forked.net
newmars

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 08:10:11 PM

support, please sort the order by payment time!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: