Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:45:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If you have a lot of bitcoin, should you spend it or save it?  (Read 33314 times)
Gaff

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 11:20:56 AM

Let's say I have 2.1 BTC And I don't spend it. Will it go up a few cents if I save it? Cause in my wallet I have up to about 50 cents worth of bitcoin. I started up with 13 cents 7 months ago. Now all of sudden I have bitcoins worth 50 cents. What do you call this? I only made that one 13 cent deposit. Nothing else!

There is no problem if you want to spend it or save it, the decision is yours. Two things  can happen, If you save it for a long time, maybe the time comes that its price rises so high or maybe it will gone soon. I probably want to happen the first choice. But to be safe devide it into two, in cryptocurrency and to real cash.

I would do the same thing, to convert my bitcoin into cash and some to keep in my wallet.  We do not know what will happen as time goes by with bitcoins.  It can continue to goes up or it will be gone.  I also want to enjoy the hard work I put into earning bitcoins that is why I will spend some of it.  Just to feel inspired to go on and earn more bitcoins.  I will give some to my family for them to believe that bitcoin is a real thing. Because they do not believe on it right now even if they see me earning through it.
I will also do that but I guess the better way for me is doing it half and half. Half of my bitcoin is good for spending and the other half would be for my savings. I really like saving bitcoin because I can see how it grows though there are declining points. I still have to be ready with that because I know it will happen however, if lucky enough, I can get higher profit provided that if it increases, then I will sI will also do that but I guess the better way for me is doing it half and half. Half of my bitcoin is good for spending and the other half would be for my savings. I really like saving bitcoin because I can see how it grows though there are declining points. I still have to be ready with that because I know it will happen however, if lucky enough, I can get higher profit provided that if it increases, then I will surely get what I want of its value. Spending is good if I want something but saving is the best for future goals.urely get I want of its value. Spending is good if I want something but saving is the best for future goals.
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 11:21:25 AM

Let's say I have 2.1 BTC And I don't spend it. Will it go up a few cents if I save it? Cause in my wallet I have up to about 50 cents worth of bitcoin. I started up with 13 cents 7 months ago. Now all of sudden I have bitcoins worth 50 cents. What do you call this? I only made that one 13 cent deposit. Nothing else!

Spend, Save, hold forever. Different strokes for different folks. spend when you need to, and hold the rest. The price will keep appreciating, at least for now and for the foreseeable future.
Basmic

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 12:13:48 PM

The more you have bitcoins, the more money you will earn on the price increase. It is certainly a risk, but without risk you can't earn on the investment. Because bitcoin now many people use as investments. If you do not want to risk the entire sum, you can always half of their savings stored in a Fiat.
pacifista

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 12:19:12 PM

Probably i will spend it, not on the things that i want, but i will spend it wisely maybe im gonna invest on altcoin and do trading, by this way i can double or triple my btc in a short period of time.
voltesbit777

Activity: 910
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 01:15:48 PM

Better hold bitcoin, because its price will constantly grow. You can spend it only on large and really necessary purchases such as a house or a car. To lose precious coins for entertainment is stupid.
You can't say that the price of bitcoin is constantly rising, because if you are reading some statistical report about the status of bitcoin, you can see that the price is up in down. It varies from time to time.
It is really better to hold bitcoin in for real, also its true we can get a big profit if we hold it in a long term basis. And even the price value was upside down it will surely go rising up again soon especially if majority of the bitcoin enthusiast believed that bitcoin will become 10,000$.
wantjokull

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2017, 01:24:03 PM

Save some and invest some. Investment diversification is good.

So the risk is redistributed.

Yeah thumbs up to this strategy. I have talking about same strategy on other relevant threads too. Earning profits is always matter of minimising the risk involved. Say I'm investing 2 BTC then I would actually save 1.5 and only risk 0.5 because it's more less risk than putting half of it. The risk taker and big boy etc works only in the Hollywood movies and not in real life. So only put that money which you can risk (always consider you gonna loose it) and then start your investments. Also, keeling the bitcoin on wallet is far profitable than you think as it will rise with ten to twenty times of your current value probably after few years. So try it and earn decent profits with safer zone. :-)

▄▄██▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
▀▀██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▀▀
    ▀▀██▀▀         ▀▀██▀▀

███▄▄██████▄▄        ▄▄██████▄▄     ▄█▄       ▄█▄     ▄▄██████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀████▄    ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄  ▀████▄   ▄████▀  ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
████        ███▄  ▄███        ███▄   ▀████▄████▀   ▄███        ███▄
███          ███  ████████████████     ▀█████▀     ███          ███
███          ███  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███████▄    ███▄        ▄███
███          ███   ███▄▄            ▄████▀ ▀████▄   ███▄▄    ▄▄███
███          ███    ▀██████████    ▀███▀     ▀███▀   ▀██████████▀
▀▀▀          ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀         ▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▄▄█▄▄   
▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀   █ ▀▀▄
▄▀▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀        █  ▀▄
█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                           █
█                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▄▀       █
█                  █   ██   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▀▄       █
█                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                           █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S
FIRST INSTANT
CRYPTO LOANS
GET INSTANT CASH IN
40+FIAT
CURRENCIES

USING
CRYPTO  AS
COLLATERAL

aishyoo17

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 02:21:48 PM

There is no problem if you want to spend it or save it, the decision is yours. Two things  can happen, If you save it for a long time, maybe the time comes that its price rises so high or maybe it will gone soon. I probably want to happen the first choice. But to be safe devide it into two, in cryptocurrency and to real cash.

I would do the same thing, to convert my bitcoin into cash and some to keep in my wallet.  We do not know what will happen as time goes by with bitcoins.  It can continue to goes up or it will be gone.  I also want to enjoy the hard work I put into earning bitcoins that is why I will spend some of it.  Just to feel inspired to go on and earn more bitcoins.  I will give some to my family for them to believe that bitcoin is a real thing. Because they do not believe on it right now even if they see me earning through it.

Yes its practical to convert some bitcoin into cash because we are not sure for bitcoins future. And also its okay to spend some bitcoin sometimes since we work hard to earn it.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE

─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|[.
JOIN US NOW!
]|
elash

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 02:28:54 PM

I think much better if save the half of it and spend the half because as the time goes by, the value of money is changing. Their is a possibility that it will increase or decrease which is the same in BTC or making it an investment to grow the half of BTC you have. At least in case of emergency you have a savings.

fearcoka
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 03:01:10 PM

Better hold bitcoin, because its price will constantly grow. You can spend it only on large and really necessary purchases such as a house or a car. To lose precious coins for entertainment is stupid.
You can't say that the price of bitcoin is constantly rising, because if you are reading some statistical report about the status of bitcoin, you can see that the price is up in down. It varies from time to time.
It is really better to hold bitcoin in for real, also its true we can get a big profit if we hold it in a long term basis. And even the price value was upside down it will surely go rising up again soon especially if majority of the bitcoin enthusiast believed that bitcoin will become 10,000$.
The price of Bitcoin in current up or down depends mentality of trader. So, if future have many people know Bitcoin and interesting want buy it, why the value Bitcoin can't increasing in that time? When supply Bitcoin decreasing in long time but demand buy increasing every day => The value of Bitcoin increasing.

Just Nao Tomori and Bitcoin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
crypteris

Activity: 159
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 03:47:17 PM

You know, the wise say not to invest more than you afford to lose. It’s true, but if I had an enormous amount of money in Bitcoins, I would keep it in Bitcoins. Because I believe that the price will only increase over years.
nowlscor18

Activity: 282
Merit: 11

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 07:17:33 PM

For me I like to spend it by helping my family and other people who are in need because  if you have that amount of money if you will work equally hard it is not impossible that you can have the same or much more money in the future. Helping others makes them happy and make me more happier.

Darknight31

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 08:54:21 PM

If you have a lot of bitcoin there's nothing wrong if you want to spend but you should also think about your savings . For me, since the value of bitcoin is changing very often that it could potentially jump up on a particullar time I will be more focused on saving it as well as making it an investment and avoid spending too much . Nowadays, we should always think about our investments and learn how to manage our expenses .
If I have that great number in my bitcoin maybe I would love to really spend it all but in our time it's better to always remember to save maybe a half of what you got for future purposes. And to minimize the spendings and must be able to invest in such investments. The value of bitcoin is unpredictable that is why it is very much bright to save and invest.
Blackdeath

Activity: 910
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 09:42:54 PM

If I would have such a great count of bitcoin in my wallet, I would be gladly save it for future purposes because we cannot say when or where we will be needing such great count. In the other hand, if I will spend it, I will just spend some for important matters or spend it through investments that can somewhat add up into my current earning of bitcoin.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
DRaGoN RaNTaRo

Activity: 319
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 09:50:28 PM

Probably i will spend it, not on the things that i want, but i will spend it wisely maybe im gonna invest on altcoin and do trading, by this way i can double or triple my btc in a short period of time.
Trading is always a good way to multiply your coins and you can make a ton of money with it,i do convert some of my coins to cash once in a while as i an trading for a very long time and i have the leverage to convert some to cash for my external expenses,sure it is a fun thing because i am not here to be a millionaire,i just want to enjoy life.
Inkdatar

Activity: 1582
Merit: 523

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 11:08:39 PM

Trading is always a good way to multiply your coins and you can make a ton of money with it,i do convert some of my coins to cash once in a while as i an trading for a very long time and i have the leverage to convert some to cash for my external expenses,sure it is a fun thing because i am not here to be a millionaire,i just want to enjoy life.
This is nice decision spending on the things that makes you earn later on. I rather spend and save to invest bitcoin even the price may dump and pump I still can earn profit. Yes thats true trading is good to earn money as this most investors did.
abayan

Activity: 686
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 11:46:53 PM

Are you sure ? because i knew that if you do trading you want your money grow and its not for fun tradring its fun making money and if ypu hold some good amount of bitcoins years will come and you will be a millionaire in bitcoins if you do not use or convert all it in fiat .By trading you can already be a millionaire if you make more money on it by buying and selling whatever it is it is needed for you to save some amount and spend only what you can afford .

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄           ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
bakkang

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 11:59:07 PM

If I have a lot of bitcoin I would rather save it than spend it with a non sense thing. Practically speaking, it is important for you to save money just in case there is an emergency happen then you have the money to take. But spend it with a non sense thing then you've been a stupid. You're wasting your money and even time. It is not bad that you should take leisure but make sure you're limiting yourself to everything. It is hard to save and it is easy to spend. You should be wise in managing your money because it is not easy to save.
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 07:09:40 AM

The question is, "if you have a LOT of bitcoin, should you spend it or save it?". Of course some part of it will be spent if needed, part of it will be invested and the remaining part will be saved. I think the main purpose of earning bitcoin is to satisfy our expenses and consumption and not only for display, right?

You cannot keep it all until the time its price is very high.  Unless you are a richkid and can buy everything without making hard earning money to buy things.  Because if you will ask me I would go for some will spending to have the pleasure and feels of earning money through hardwork.  But it is much better to still save some of bitcoins and do some spending because you need somethig to buy.
I second your thought. It’s nice to maintain a balance between spending and saving of bitcoins. It’s always to keep some bitcoins in the wallet in order to have a part in the grand profit. But yeah, it’s always very nice to sell off bitcoins in order to enjoy the fruit of your hard work.
futile-resistance

Activity: 840
Merit: 516

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 10:06:22 PM

Save some and invest some. Investment diversification is good.

So the risk is redistributed.
Yup now people will confused that save some and invest some. Brother actually you are saving that spend some and invest some. You mean that right brother i would be thankful to you before posting one time go for google translator if you are not English if you are English then you need to hire post writer because it will improve your posts quality then tomorrow you will easily get a signature campaign.
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 11:33:51 PM

The price of bitcoin is not constant or does not go up constantly, sometimes the price will drop so if you want to hold bitcoin of course you should know that fluctuations will continue to occur and that is the main risk of investing in bitcoin. Fluctuations make the price up and down. So make sure you're patient if you want to hold your bitcoin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: