Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:29:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 158 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Any word on amd vega hash rates?  (Read 202666 times)
l1xx

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 02:51:28 PM

I gave a try to Hellae's guide and mods yesterday. I can verify that all worked out pretty well (thanks to the good silicon I got I guess). But something bothers me ...

They are 2x 64 + 56 - all at 1408/1100 with his mod's voltages (think 905).

1) GPU-Z is showing 1V on all 3.
2) The things are damn hot. The full other rig I have, using these settings (but modded at 1220 GPU and then set to 1407 with overdriventool) are running 47-55 with up to 2800rpm. The 3 fresh cards are at 62-65 with 3200 RPM ....
3) Power usage is around 670-690W on the 3 card system. I kinda expected a bit better , its nowhere near the advertized values it seems.

Any idea what am I doing wrong here? What can be done to fix the issue? One of the 64s was running alone with the oldcomer's mod with overdrive tweaks at under 50C for a week on top of my desktop ... Now where did that 15C temp increase came from?

I've had the same bug. Try to set P7 in overdriveNtool to 910mV (or 920, 930). This change lowered the voltage and the consumption for me.

This is very weird, I have not tried this with the overdriventool yet, but when setting the voltage at wattman at "manual" I suddenly started to get 50W less usage.
Sadly, after a restart - there was no way to reproduce this.

I am installing three more cards today/tomorrow, so I hope I manage to find a way to fix this. Especially the heat.

As I have no xp with 56er except this one - are they hotter than the 64s in general, or they should have same temps?
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 02:59:07 PM

Currently using a Z170A MSI M5 board. Guess it's back to MC to try a Z270 board.

I used the Z170A M5 for my two linux/470/570 rigs. Works flawlessly. But for VEGA was reading it's really finniky with boards. So I broke down and bought the slitghty more expensive (even more so on Amazon) Asrock H110 Pro+ board. I only need 4 of the 13 slots, but people reporting good results for Vega (even though the reviews people complain about it a lot).
Yes I have several of the M5's and they work amazing for 8 570s.

Thank you for this. It's available same day shipping for me. It'll be here this afternoon.

In the meantime I grabbed THREE different boards from MC to try them out as well.
How are you getting on with the new boards, dude?
Expecting my Onda D1800 any day now, can't wait to start inflicting myself the pain of trying to get 6 Vegas to hash... Tongue Cheesy
soothaa

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 03:02:13 PM

Currently using a Z170A MSI M5 board. Guess it's back to MC to try a Z270 board.

I used the Z170A M5 for my two linux/470/570 rigs. Works flawlessly. But for VEGA was reading it's really finniky with boards. So I broke down and bought the slitghty more expensive (even more so on Amazon) Asrock H110 Pro+ board. I only need 4 of the 13 slots, but people reporting good results for Vega (even though the reviews people complain about it a lot).

Thank you for this. It's available same day shipping for me. It'll be here this afternoon.

In the meantime I grabbed THREE different boards from MC to try them out as well.
Expecting my Onda D1800 any day now, can't wait to start inflicting myself the pain of trying to get 6 Vegas to hash... Tongue Cheesy
Each of the 3 have their own problems not allowing them to work correctly. My "same day shipping" order from Amazon never arrived  Roll Eyes

Want increased coin support within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for nearly any coin! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2979494
Want Masternode income stats within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for them! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3047367
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 03:44:55 PM

Each of the 3 have their own problems not allowing them to work correctly. My "same day shipping" order from Amazon never arrived  Roll Eyes
Oh man.
That's a major pain in the @ss. If the Vega's work on the Onda mobo I'll definitely let you know.
I've got all the parts for the rig except said mobo and an extension lead so I reckon I'll be ready to crack on some time next week.
aid77

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 04:04:47 PM

How much XMR should bring GPU?

A single rx vega 56/64 can pull about 2000 hashes/second at about 150W if that's what you mean.

How many XMR?

It depends ))

Realy?)
markos365

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 04:39:34 PM

How much XMR should bring GPU?

A single rx vega 56/64 can pull about 2000 hashes/second at about 150W if that's what you mean.

How many XMR?

It depends ))

Realy?)

I like your critical thinking)
Quubik

Activity: 40

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 06:31:20 PM

Oh man.
That's a major pain in the @ss. If the Vega's work on the Onda mobo I'll definitely let you know.
I've got all the parts for the rig except said mobo and an extension lead so I reckon I'll be ready to crack on some time next week.

You are a masochist  Cheesy 

The blockchain driver is really resource hungry @ 8 cards. It,s going to take ages getting anythi g done on that rig with its subpar cpu....
Hellae

Activity: 49

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 06:48:39 PM

I was wondering has anyone tried out the vega frontier edition yet. do the guides to get it running to around 1900 h/s work on the FE edition as well? I was going to build a rig for rendering animations as well, and I wanted to know if I should go with the Frontier or 56/64 way. I know about all of the guides and setups to make the 64 work to 1900 h/s and was wondering if these will work (including that blockchain driver) for the FE as well.

I have had 1 Vega Frontier running on a Z170 board, I have 2 others but disabling and re-enabling fails to re-enable the other 2 although I managed to get 2 running once both at max speed.

I have now had one VF running for 2 weeks solid with xmr-stak-amd, average 2106H/s peak 2500+ mining electroneum (2 threads 2016)

blockchain driver, when it was running 2 cards was following a clean install on a reinstalled windows (using windows repair feature)

Mind to share your full config for FE? Driver, Power play table if using any, and stak config? All my tests ended up in a max of 1400 H/s although I keep seeing reports od 2500 H/s
dallase

Activity: 129

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 06:50:13 PM

Any time I add 6th GPU to a ASROCK Z270 Killer/SLI, windows BSOD.   +4g, -audio, -wifi, -serial, -pptp... Not enough PCI lanes I guess.   I even tried to shut down unused usb ports.

Going to try PCI-e switch, and also M2/riser to see if I can bogart those pci lanes.

qqqua

Activity: 69

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:13:41 PM

Oh man.
I almost bought 3 odna boards but now i think i will wait for your results  Grin
soothaa

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:17:37 PM

Oh man.
Board finally showed up. Somehow plugging in my SSD into it killed the SSD. Using a slow ass spinning rust drive and now the machine bluescreens whenever I tell it to disable crossfire. Gonna do a clean install tonight..

Want increased coin support within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for nearly any coin! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2979494
Want Masternode income stats within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for them! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3047367
P00P135

Activity: 1123
Merit: 136

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:36:38 PM

Oh man.
Board finally showed up. Somehow plugging in my SSD into it killed the SSD. Using a slow ass spinning rust drive and now the machine bluescreens whenever I tell it to disable crossfire. Gonna do a clean install tonight..

I had some weird bluescreens disabling GPU's.  I think i fixed it by resetting the GPU's in wattman and manually tweaking them first.
billhinge

Activity: 104

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:54:08 PM

I was wondering has anyone tried out the vega frontier edition yet. do the guides to get it running to around 1900 h/s work on the FE edition as well? I was going to build a rig for rendering animations as well, and I wanted to know if I should go with the Frontier or 56/64 way. I know about all of the guides and setups to make the 64 work to 1900 h/s and was wondering if these will work (including that blockchain driver) for the FE as well.

I have had 1 Vega Frontier running on a Z170 board, I have 2 others but disabling and re-enabling fails to re-enable the other 2 although I managed to get 2 running once both at max speed.

I have now had one VF running for 2 weeks solid with xmr-stak-amd, average 2106H/s peak 2500+ mining electroneum (2 threads 2016)

blockchain driver, when it was running 2 cards was following a clean install on a reinstalled windows (using windows repair feature)

Mind to share your full config for FE? Driver, Power play table if using any, and stak config? All my tests ended up in a max of 1400 H/s although I keep seeing reports od 2500 H/s

quite simple really, vega fe in x16 slot, nothing tweaked, disable then re-enable (also using mining settings for GB-z170-ud5 mobo bios)

afterburner core 1646 mem 1102 custom fan profile to kick in around 47, temp 65 ish power 50

xmr-stak-amd, two threads of 2016 , I would set it higher but not sure what values to use

windows manages virtual ram but I have 64GB fast ram

just checked my new high score is 2601h/s peak, average 2106h/s (these are reflected at hashparty pool)

with a clean windows repair install which deletes all drivers I managed to get 2 cards running at full speed but once I started fiddling I couldn't get the second card working

I don't mess with card settings on driver, could possibly go higher but I'm looking for stability while mining ETN
Hellae

Activity: 49

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 09:09:39 PM

quite simple really, vega fe in x16 slot, nothing tweaked, disable then re-enable (also using mining settings for GB-z170-ud5 mobo bios)

afterburner core 1646 mem 1102 custom fan profile to kick in around 47, temp 65 ish power 50

xmr-stak-amd, two threads of 2016 , I would set it higher but not sure what values to use

just checked my new high score is 2601h/s peak, average 2106h/s (these are reflected at hashparty pool)

with a clean windows repair install which deletes all drivers I managed to get 2 cards running at full speed but once I started fiddling I couldn't get the second card working

I don't mess with card settings on driver, could possibly go higher but I'm looking for stability while mining ETN

Thanks! But you're using the blockchain driver for Frontier, right? That one is a pro driver without wattman access.
I'll do some work based on your input. Will let you know if I find something else.
billhinge

Activity: 104

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:01:58 PM

Thanks! But you're using the blockchain driver for Frontier, right? That one is a pro driver without wattman access.
I'll do some work based on your input. Will let you know if I find something else.

yes blockchain driver, I forgot to mention I turn off logging on xmr-stak-amd and run in daemon mode, I use the web page to monitor hash rate when on my local network
commonorx

Activity: 99

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:05:38 PM

yes blockchain driver, I forgot to mention I turn off logging on xmr-stak-amd and run in daemon mode, I use the web page to monitor hash rate when on my local network

Hi,

I am a total noob with 4 Vega64 cards and currently running claymores_cryptonight using the nicehash pool. I don't know how to improve my hash rate and I am not sure if I can use the xmr-stak-amd with the nicehash pool. I don't know if it's trustworthy or safe to use other pools right now as I am new. I would appreciate any guidance on what to do with the rig I have. Right now I am @1690 H/s using claymores.

Is there anyway to go up from here?

Thanks!

duketasos

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 12:35:05 AM

Hi,

I am a total noob with 4 Vega64 cards and currently running claymores_cryptonight using the nicehash pool. I don't know how to improve my hash rate and I am not sure if I can use the xmr-stak-amd with the nicehash pool. I don't know if it's trustworthy or safe to use other pools right now as I am new. I would appreciate any guidance on what to do with the rig I have. Right now I am @1690 H/s using claymores.

Thanks!

[/quote]

hello mate. first read the whole topic it has many tips inside... i'm using cast-xmr and it rocks !! 2050 h/s (56's oem bios 225w each card) you can follow developer's guide. google cast-xmr and read the bitcoin talk topic.
commonorx

Activity: 99

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 01:13:47 AM

Hi,

Thanks!

hello mate. first read the whole topic it has many tips inside... i'm using cast-xmr and it rocks !! 2050 h/s (56's oem bios 225w each card) you can follow developer's guide. google cast-xmr and read the bitcoin talk topic.
[/quote]

I tried to use cast-xmr but it did not work to connect to the nicehash pool.
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 02:48:35 AM

pp_tables on linux...  getting closer.

# lspci | grep VGA
25:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Vega 10 XT [Radeon RX Vega 64] (rev c3)

# cat /sys/class/drm/card0/device/pp_dpm_sclk
0: 852Mhz *
1: 991Mhz
2: 1138Mhz
3: 1269Mhz
4: 1312Mhz
5: 1474Mhz
6: 1538Mhz
7: 1590Mhz

# cat /sys/class/drm/card0/device/pp_dpm_mclk
0: 167Mhz
1: 500Mhz *
2: 700Mhz
3: 800Mhz

# ./ppt.pl 1

A7020801005C00EF0600000E2C00001B0048000000E0220200A0860100320008000000000000000 000000000000002015C004002370294008F01B4001E017A008C00AD010000000063020000900099 025E013401880168360200710202020000000000000800000000000000050007000300050000000 00000000108200352036B0384039D039D039D039D030101380301018403000660EA000000401901 0001DC4A010002007701000390910100056CB00100070108D04C01000000800000000000001C830 10001000000000000000088BC0100020000000000000000B4EF0100030000000000000000800002 00040000000000000000A0030200050000000001000000940502000600000000010000008807020 0070000000001000000000460EA0000004019010000DC4A010000905F0100000008286E0000002C C9000001F80B0100028038010003905F010004F491010005D0B0010006C0D401000700086C39000 000245E000001FC85000002ACBC00000334D0000004686E0100050897010006ECA3010007000168 3C01000001043C41000000000050C30000000000546901000100003C6D010002000001080098850 00040B5000060EA000050C300000180BB000060EA0000940B010050C300000278FF000040190100 B427010050C3000003B4270100DC4A0100DC4A010050C300000480380100905F0100DC4A010050C 3000005DC4A010000770100905F010050C30000060077010000770100905F010050C30000070077 0100909101000077010050C300000118000000000000000BE412600960094B000A0054039001900 190019001900190019001000000000002043107A500A500A5002C0100004B005A003E003E005000 640064005A004000909297609600905500000000000000000000000000000000000202D43000000 21060EA00000210
Packed into 679 bytes

# cat pp_table > /sys/class/drm/card0/device/pp_table

# cat /sys/class/drm/card0/device/pp_dpm_sclk
0: 852Mhz *
1: 991Mhz
2: 1138Mhz
3: 1269Mhz
4: 1312Mhz
5: 1320Mhz
6: 1325Mhz
7: 1330Mhz

# cat /sys/class/drm/card0/device/pp_dpm_mclk
0: 167Mhz
1: 500Mhz *
2: 925Mhz
3: 935Mhz

So I successfully applied the new pp_table... but after executing my mining processes, it cant use the new clocks. Its always sclk #0 and mclk #1

Errors in dmesg are...

[ 960.778779] amdgpu: [powerplay] Cannot find requested DCEFCLK!
[ 961.172699] amdgpu: [powerplay] Cannot find requested DCEFCLK!
[ 1150.402251] amdgpu: [powerplay] Cannot find requested DCEFCLK!

Take a look at this link. Undervolting by editing the driver source code might work with Vega as well. https://www.phoronix.com/forums/forum/linux-graphics-x-org-drivers/amd-linux/918649-underclocking-undervolting-the-rx-470-with-amdgpu-pro-success

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
altoholic

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 05:26:00 AM

For those of you that have Vega hashing at a high rate can I ask what Motherboard and CPU combo you are running?

I have tried two different motherboards (TB250-BTC, Asus Z270-P) and have not managed to get more than 1350 H/s.
Both motherboards I have tried were running Kabylake CPUs (G3950, G4560).

Thinking of trying out a Skylake processor in case there is an issue with Kabylake and Vega.

Thanks
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 158 »
  Print  

Jump to: