Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 02:26:10 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How long could bitcoin last?  (Read 23186 times)
SamsungBitcoin

Activity: 532
Merit: 280

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 02:17:12 PM

As of right now, the bitcoin price is expected to keep going up in the next 20 years. But can it last that long? I believe it's possible. But can't it crash at a random time? Like the price going down hard.
To many contradictions i don't know what i willanswer because you already answered your question the ask again.
In bitcoin we don't know even the analyst cant be sure about its existence and how long it will be .the price fluctuation is normal andwe need to wait until bitcoins are out of supply or stop mining then, we can start speculating again.
I don't think the miners can stop from mining if this is the one that helping the bitcoin in the first place. Maybe if they dump too much bitcoin i think this is the end if no one could ever mine them again, but i don't know if it will gonna happen since no one knows how to stop bitcoins either. I am expecting that bitcoin will be the next currency in the future.
Correct no miners stop ti mine until bitcoin is profitable, and i think also that bitcoin would not become worthless that is ehy i think bitcoin will exsist for long period of time. For now bitcoin are continuous adoption by more country and it will help to make life much stronger.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
nelmari

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 03:05:22 PM

There is a big possibility Bitcoin's price will crash down but I don't think it'll go down like what it was used to 3 years ago. It may decrease its price but I'm sure it'll try to reach another new ath by then after. I really hope bitcoin will last a long long time, it had helped a lot of people even people living in the third world country.
jyotianand01

Activity: 980

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2017, 03:42:18 PM

everyone is confused like me. what happen at 1st august night, what software launched and what is the behavior of BTC at that time. will it shoot up or bottom.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀   
WPPENERGY
.World Power Production.

INNOVATION LEADERS IN THE GLOBAL
    RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀   

..INQUIRE..
━━━━━━━━
LuanX3

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 03:48:43 PM

As of right now, the bitcoin price is expected to keep going up in the next 20 years. But can it last that long? I believe it's possible. But can't it crash at a random time? Like the price going down hard.
To many contradictions i don't know what i willanswer because you already answered your question the ask again.
In bitcoin we don't know even the analyst cant be sure about its existence and how long it will be .the price fluctuation is normal andwe need to wait until bitcoins are out of supply or stop mining then, we can start speculating again.
I don't think the miners can stop from mining if this is the one that helping the bitcoin in the first place. Maybe if they dump too much bitcoin i think this is the end if no one could ever mine them again, but i don't know if it will gonna happen since no one knows how to stop bitcoins either. I am expecting that bitcoin will be the next currency in the future.

Actually even if there is already 21,000,000 bitcoins mined already the miners can still continue to mine. If no one mined then the transactions we do will never be written on the blockchain. Miners do no mine bitcoins, if you haven't realized it yet, they are actually mining blocks! And the bitcoins they get are just reward for mining the block. So are fees we input, so in the end if all the bitcoins are already mined then they will mine for fees.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 04:02:10 PM

What make you to expect for next 20 years and not 200 years ? It seems complete irrelevant. Because to mine out all 21 million bitcoins we many need another 120 years. Till then we can expect there will be increasing demand for bitcoins and even after 21 million bitcoins get mined out demand may persist as new business and new adopters may create continuous demand.

When there will be some demand, there will be higher chances to last till then. Bitcoin will last till human survive in this planet.
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 04:09:54 PM

not sure it will crash because of the volume of people believing in it!

We will need to wait till 1st Aug to find out if the prices will gain or start dipping it. This could be turning point as many fear that prices is set to crash . Let's wait and hope the best.
lady Royal

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2017, 04:16:25 PM

It is not volatile is it?
Bitcoin price is never been stable, It can go up or go low no one knows.
Nothing can go always up, But I wish that Bitcoin keep raising. But, We can help the Bitcoin to become stable and the strongest e-currency in the world (still it is the strongest one) but we want it to be adopted by everyone.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
■   .PRIVATE SALE is LIVE.   ■
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Whitepaper   ■   Bounty   ■   Bitcointalk

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                        ███
                     ▄▄ ▀▀▀ ███
                     ██▀ ▄▄ ▀▀▀
                   ▄▄    █▀▀ ▄▄ ██
                   ▀▀ ▄█  ▄▄ ▀
                  ██  ▀ ▄ ▀
                  ▄▄ █▄ ▀▀
                  ▀▀  ▄ ▀
   ▄▄              ██ ▀ ▀
   ██▀               ▄ ▀
  ▄  ▄█         ▄ ▄   ▀
 ███  ▀ █▄ ▄▀ ▀▄  ▀  ▄ ██ ██
  ▀▀ █▄ ▄  ▄█ ▀ █▀  ▀ ▄ ▄▄  ▄█▄
███     ▀▀   ▄█▄       ▄ ▀ ▄ ▀ ▄
▀▀▀ ██ ██ ██  ▀         ▄▄ ▀▀ ▀██
                         ▀ ▄█  ▄▄
                        ▄█ ▀▀ ▀██
                        ▄ ▄█▄
                       ▀▀ ▀▀
                      ██
..Skynet..
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram   ■   Facebook   ■   Twitter   ■   Medium   ■   Reddit   ■   LinkedIn
.CREATING THE INTELLIGENT MACHINE ECONOMY.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 07:53:28 PM

As long as mining is profitable and the costs are reasonable, if we keep going like this then it wont last for another 8 years, imagine how many miners will be needed to mine by the next 2 halving? would you buy 100 ASICs to mine half a Bitcoin in a week?

🖤😏
Kaller

Activity: 752
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 07:57:52 PM

As long as mining is profitable and the costs are reasonable, if we keep going like this then it wont last for another 8 years, imagine how many miners will be needed to mine by the next 2 halving? would you buy 100 ASICs to mine half a Bitcoin in a week?

Lots of people would buy 100 ASICs to mine half a Bitcoin in a week, if the price of one Bitcoin was $100,000...

It really all depends on the price of Bitcoin. Without the price rising, mining will indeed become less profitable. At some point there would be no more miners. We need to make sure companies continue to accept Bitcoin in order to grow the price at the same rate, or greater than the increase in difficulty!
Walked_by

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 08:09:08 PM

I think, it will be like 2 decades, before it will disappear
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 08:30:33 PM

Bitcoin is going to last very long because it still at an infancy stage and 70% of the world populace did not know about bitcoin and others cryptocurrency. The price may be fluctuating time to time but I expect the price to get to $10,000 before the year 2020.
Seeker01

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 12:06:51 AM

not sure it will crash because of the volume of people believing in it!

We will need to wait till 1st Aug to find out if the prices will gain or start dipping it. This could be turning point as many fear that prices is set to crash . Let's wait and hope the best.

Thats true for now we just need to wait for the possible outcome on august 1, a lot of people are now selling on panic this is the reason why the price are still dump. Lets hope for the best and believe on bitcoin the price will surely soar high.
Tipsters

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 12:21:47 AM

Bitcoin has huge potential in the long run i think it can increase it price. Although bitcoin has the potential there will a day when its price will drop low but of course it will rise again it is because the price of cryptocurrency is not that stable yet
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 12:37:40 AM

Lots of people would buy 100 ASICs to mine half a Bitcoin in a week, if the price of one Bitcoin was $100,000...

It really all depends on the price of Bitcoin. Without the price rising, mining will indeed become less profitable. At some point there would be no more miners. We need to make sure companies continue to accept Bitcoin in order to grow the price at the same rate, or greater than the increase in difficulty!
But why keep the thing going with so much costs? one could fork Bitcoin(copy paste) it and start another coin, what happens if the electricity needed to mine half a coin was enough to feed a city for 5 hours then for 24 hours, do you really think people would go that far? I don't and I think Bitcoin needs to have it's own alt coins, built as layers on top of it and each requiring a different kind of hardware to mine, how are alts working right now, they are working right? now I'm saying lets have them for ourselves instead of giving this opportunity to shady developers to have their own coins, Bitcoin could turn into the mother coin only with nodes to validate transactions just like ETH, I don't know when Core devs and if they have any plans for this?

🖤😏
syaripudin

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 01:48:27 AM

I do not think anyone knows how long the bitcoin will last. But I hope bitcoin can last for a long time. Because bitcoin is a transaction tool that uses the internet network and that can make it easier for us to buy what we want without having to bring real money. This can give us a sense of security that we get. But if we see a lot of its benefits in getting I think many are interested in using bitcoin as a means of payment. Let alone for remittances with enormous value. This can give a very strong sense of security. So that business people can invest in bitcoin. And can make bitcoin survive in the long run

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org|  
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
bitcointarget

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 02:06:35 AM

Mining could maintain profitable or not. But the lasting time of bitcoin is not directly dependent on mining. The usage and demand are much more important.
(altair)

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 02:48:34 AM

Mining could maintain profitable or not. But the lasting time of bitcoin is not directly dependent on mining. The usage and demand are much more important.

Indeed. As long as there are users there will be demand and supply and bitcoin still lasts.
We never know when but bitcoin will lasts.
Qunenin

Activity: 966
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 02:52:47 AM

I think  this question is now more important and significant as how long will bitcoin will last in its original form or are we splitting it up making two chains and creating a whole lot of confusions. I hope soft fork is activated and there is no two chains of bitcoins. If this happens bitcoin price will rise to nearly the double, making it good for everyone.

.1xBit.com.
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
!
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 05:25:50 AM

I think  this question is now more important and significant as how long will bitcoin will last in its original form or are we splitting it up making two chains and creating a whole lot of confusions. I hope soft fork is activated and there is no two chains of bitcoins. If this happens bitcoin price will rise to nearly the double, making it good for everyone.

bitcoin stopped being in its original form a very long time ago! what we know as bitcoin today is different from what Satoshi created. it has evolved, there are so many fixes, so many improvements so many additions,...
and it will never end. it should never end actually. bitcoin needs to evolve and adapt with the future like any other system.
and we are not splitting bitcoin, some group of people wanting to take over bitcoin and possibly even kill it (government conspiracy or banks) are trying to do it.

and with bitcoin i really don't think 2 chains can last. there will only be 1 bitcoin that can gain the support and economical value.

Buying the dip...
keeee

Activity: 574
Merit: 267

" Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back "

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 05:35:49 AM

I believe and I hope that Bitcoin would last until the time that there are people still participating. But we can't  predict the future. Maybe the time comes that it will finally gone. But maybe there is other currency that may arise. Maybe its better than bitcoin.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: