Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 04:38:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How long could bitcoin last?  (Read 23186 times)
airdnasxela

Activity: 728
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 02:07:21 PM

What are you asking? Are you asking if the price of BTC will forever rise?

Nobody knows. Nobody has a crystal ball. It will go up, it will go down. How long each leg will be up or down, nobody knows.

I think a lot like to think that BTC will rise, especially on this forum, let's wait and see.
I agree. There would be a lot of circumstances in terms o bitcoin but still I can feel that it will still last long. The growth of its populatity is rapidly rising which makes it more capable to exist and help those who are in need of finance. Maybe the exchange would take a long time, maybe it'll rise or fall but one thing is for sure. Bitcoin might be the most powerful digital currency.
jc89

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 02:22:41 PM

Honestly, nobody can really tell what will be the fate of bitcoin. It won't last a lifetime not unless it will be acknowledged throughout the world as a currency and that every country will use and treat it like our traditional currency. But to answer the question if it will reach 20 more years, that my friend is everyone's wishful thinking. We really do hope it lasts more than that but really, nobody can ever tell.

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
          ▄▓▓░░░░░▄▄████████▄▄░░░░░░▓▓
        ▄▓▀░░░░██████████████████▄░░░▓▓▌
       ▓▓░░░▄██████████████████████▄░░░▓▓▄
      ▓░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░▓▄
     ▓▓░░░████████████████████████████▌░░░▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████░░░░░████████████░░░▓▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████▓███████████▌░░▐▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████████████████▌░░▐▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████▓░██░████████████░░░▓█
     ▓▓░░░████████████▓░██████████████▌░░░▓▌
      ▓▓░░░███████████▓██████████████▀░░░█▌
       ▓▓░░░░█████████▓▄███████████░░░░█▀
        ▓▓░░░░░██████████████████▀░░░░▓█
          ▓▓░░░░░░▀██████████▀▀░░░░░▓█▀
            ▀▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▀
                ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███ BRIDGING MARKETS ███
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  Social Media  ██
██▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
steamon

Activity: 404
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 02:25:58 PM

I believe that blockchain will be the major technology behind our next gen currencies off credits. If Bitcoin takes the lead in changing everyone's cash. I don't think so. Major powers will never allow that. The technology yes that will keep evolving and our future money will be based on the blockchain.

No one can predict for sure. I can just predict that Blockchain and Bitcoin are great inventions.
CARrency

Activity: 546
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 02:29:41 PM

Nobody knows. Nobody has a crystal ball. It will go up, it will go down. How long each leg will be up or down, nobody knows.

I think a lot like to think that BTC will rise, especially on this forum, let's wait and see.
I agree. There would be a lot of circumstances in terms o bitcoin but still I can feel that it will still last long. The growth of its populatity is rapidly rising which makes it more capable to exist and help those who are in need of finance. Maybe the exchange would take a long time, maybe it'll rise or fall but one thing is for sure. Bitcoin might be the most powerful digital currency.

With it's many people using and investing on bitcoin, I think there are no way that bitcoin will be lost that easily. Bitcoin will last long as there is digital currencies and upcoming digital currencies. Even if bitcoin was having a lot of dump, it will always have a point where it will have a pump. I think even I die 3 times, bitcoin will be always there.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄     
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
anhhung409

Activity: 318
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 02:54:24 PM

As of right now, the bitcoin price is expected to keep going up in the next 20 years. But can it last that long? I believe it's possible. But can't it crash at a random time? Like the price going down hard.

I also think like you. I still believe Bitcoin will increase in the future but I'm always worried someday it will go away, this can happen. But that is the future so no one knows what will happen. So now we should still make money from it

bouren

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 03:10:29 PM

As of right now, the bitcoin price is expected to keep going up in the next 20 years. But can it last that long? I believe it's possible. But can't it crash at a random time? Like the price going down hard.

I also think like you. I still believe Bitcoin will increase in the future but I'm always worried someday it will go away, this can happen. But that is the future so no one knows what will happen. So now we should still make money from it

To me, bitcoin isn't any particular coin. But it represents the changing phase in how coin actually works.
Earlier fees were negligible, bitcoin used to be different that time. Now prices are high, so it is different one. After 1st August, we will have different bitcoin with different expectations. So in my views, rather then prices or value, bitcoin future depends upon its evolution. If coin continues to adapt with changing needs of people, it will sustain but where it would lack, there will it ends.
Labumi

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 03:29:23 PM

Bitcoin is going to last very long because it still at an infancy stage and 70% of the world populace did not know about bitcoin and others cryptocurrency. The price may be fluctuating time to time but I expect the price to get to $10,000 before the year 2020.

Well, indeed all users have hopes that bitcoin is going to die in a very long time or if it could not die. Because that's something we innately, so everything to do with an analysis of the existing data. Because there is not a great advantage which can be obtained without reading the data correctly, so it's an advantage that comes from we want to work hard in seeing before doing something. Be someone who is smart and not too stupid in analyzing

Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 08:36:23 PM

Honestly, nobody can really tell what will be the fate of bitcoin. It won't last a lifetime not unless it will be acknowledged throughout the world as a currency and that every country will use and treat it like our traditional currency. But to answer the question if it will reach 20 more years, that my friend is everyone's wishful thinking. We really do hope it lasts more than that but really, nobody can ever tell.
But we can conclude anything of future by evaluating the past performances. This is the simple method being used everywhere of predicting futures are demanded. So far bitcoin must be performing as per expectations of financial as well technical experts. So, we may expect this trend to continue in coming years too.

This way we may assume bitcoin may last till planet earth survives and if human become interstellar then we can expect bitcoins to last even after this earth too.
stevebc

Activity: 209

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 08:49:53 PM

It will last thru my lifetime at least, if it looks like the network is going to shutdown - I'll run a couple of nodes to keep it going.  Even if BTC were worthless by that point!

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
GoodLuck2

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 09:55:57 PM

yes no doubt that today no one is really aware of what will happen next or the price of the bitcoin will increase or decrease but my own thinking and the present situations says that bitcoin is increased in price and soon it will become more good with time so I think bitcoin is ever lasting and it will go high and high will never get down.
Olivious

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 09:58:53 PM

I hope bitcoin will last forever, the problem now of august 1 is a hinder to bitcoin to go up. But will eventually back to the original value but we dont know exactly when.
Jewell

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 11:37:43 PM
Last edit: July 18, 2017, 02:04:55 AM by Jewell

It will last thru my lifetime at least, if it looks like the network is going to shutdown - I'll run a couple of nodes to keep it going.  Even if BTC were worthless by that point!
and to me i think bitcoin will continue from generation to generation. i am hopeful that bitcoin has a very bright future in fact it is the demand of the new generation, they are using bitcoin for their online business, they also using bitcoin for online shopping, i think as time pass the demand of for bitcoin will also increase and hope that a time will come when all the people of the world will be using. bitcoin.
chineseprancing

Activity: 630

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 12:02:11 AM

It will last thru my lifetime at least, if it looks like the network is going to shutdown - I'll run a couple of nodes to keep it going.  Even if BTC were worthless by that point!
and to me i think bitcoin will continue from generation to generation. i am hopeful that bitcoin has a very bright future in fact it is the demand of the new generation therefore it has a very bright future .
I think bitcoin wasn't ended because many people accepted it as currencies. Because of them bitcoin will become in demand to different countries. Also, price of bitcoin in the market was still steady and continuously increasing. I
Anyobsss

Activity: 784
Merit: 135

DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 03:29:03 PM

I agree with your statement. Nobody can really tell what will happen to bitcoin since it is future that we're talking about. However, We can still hope for the better of bitcoin that it will last for at least ten years or more.

mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 03:36:00 PM

I agree with your statement. Nobody can really tell what will happen to bitcoin since it is future that we're talking about. However, We can still hope for the better of bitcoin that it will last for at least ten years or more.

We can't say exactly how long Bitcoin will last, but we know it will last for a long time yet. Since it was created, Bitcoin was made in a solid way conquering the trust of many investors, also big investors and rich people that are already in Crypto-Currency world because Bitcoin inspired them. Some problems in the middle of way make our confidence weaker, but I'm sure Bitcoin will overcome everything in the end.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Beparanf

Activity: 2800
Merit: 765

Burpaaa

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 04:13:30 PM

We can't say exactly how long Bitcoin will last, but we know it will last for a long time yet. Since it was created, Bitcoin was made in a solid way conquering the trust of many investors, also big investors and rich people that are already in Crypto-Currency world because Bitcoin inspired them. Some problems in the middle of way make our confidence weaker, but I'm sure Bitcoin will overcome everything in the end.

It will recover guys, it started having a small amount upto big amount this past few months ,so believes that it will rise again. The number of users were increasing so it can be a help for it to increase. Let's think of it as a opportunity to buy and save more btc until it goes high again.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
zulkarnaen

Activity: 504

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2017, 05:39:56 PM

Now is the right time to buy bitcoin because the price goes down and keep it for a while until the price goes back up, then sell it back if you think you've made a profit, it seems this week bitcoin price will also rise, though not as much as a few weeks ago.
kpcian

Activity: 826
Merit: 529

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 06:24:48 PM

No body can't say or assume the life line of a currency, so it is not possible to predict how could last Bitcoin?
from my perspective, Bitcoin has gained a large ground of the virtual monetary platform, Bitcoin has gained huge value in the recent years especially in the recent months, so I believe that Bitcoin will last a long time, at least another 30 years.
karabasss

Activity: 284

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 08:33:09 PM

No body can't say or assume the life line of a currency, so it is not possible to predict how could last Bitcoin?
from my perspective, Bitcoin has gained a large ground of the virtual monetary platform, Bitcoin has gained huge value in the recent years especially in the recent months, so I believe that Bitcoin will last a long time, at least another 30 years.

I also think that between 20 and 30 bitcoins will exist. If you certainly survive the split of the network. It worries me very much. I do not want to get a few dead currencies. I like to use bitcoin

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
Ronaldcoin2017

Activity: 1148
Merit: 300

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 06:59:25 AM

yes you are so right.there is no prediction on it.on how long it will last.but as of now many bitcoin user believe that the value of bitcoin will continue to rise. I think if it will be banned it is possible if the price is dragging down.but nobody knows when is that time.but if it should be perish ..i think we will count a decade on that.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: