Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:17:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How long could bitcoin last?  (Read 23179 times)
hritevanz

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 01:48:23 PM

As of right now, the bitcoin price is expected to keep going up in the next 20 years. But can it last that long? I believe it's possible. But can't it crash at a random time? Like the price going down hard.

Who knows what will happen about it? Future is not certain but then it was fun to predict. Well, if bitcoins will keep going then we are all happy about it because it is a great opportunity. And one more thing, as long as people keep on trading and investing and using bitcoin then it's not easy to disappear just like a bubble.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fanbeila

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 02:20:20 PM

As of right now, the bitcoin price is expected to keep going up in the next 20 years. But can it last that long? I believe it's possible. But can't it crash at a random time? Like the price going down hard.
Until now,no threats has been found for bitcoin and it has successfully overcome and survived all critical situations just like Mt.Gox,BU and now its facing BCC.Bitcoin would soon overcome this BCC issue also soon but in future,when quantum computing would be introduced,then it would have to face serious consequences.But it would take around twenty more years for quantum computing to come in to existence.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1332

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:49:13 PM

I’m surprised by the question on the thread, because to me it implies as if something is wrong with bitcoin and that is not the case, bitcoin is thriving, there is a lot of trades taking place, people are accepting bitcoin all over the wold, the market cap is very high, segwit has been activated so it is very obvious to me there is not a reason to worry about the future of bitcoin.
BunnyShibe

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 09:58:53 PM

Who knows what will happen about it? Future is not certain but then it was fun to predict. Well, if bitcoins will keep going then we are all happy about it because it is a great opportunity. And one more thing, as long as people keep on trading and investing and using bitcoin then it's not easy to disappear just like a bubble.
i think yes no one can know about the future of bitcoin but  i think if we predict about the price of bitcoin then we can say bitcoin will continue increasing its value for a long time. and therefore i am sure that bitcoin has a very bright future and hope that bitcoin will continue and survive for a long time.
Fireblade

Activity: 770

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 10:15:25 PM

Until now,no threats has been found for bitcoin and it has successfully overcome and survived all critical situations just like Mt.Gox,BU and now its facing BCC.Bitcoin would soon overcome this BCC issue also soon but in future,when quantum computing would be introduced,then it would have to face serious consequences.But it would take around twenty more years for quantum computing to come in to existence.
yes there is no threat to bitcoin, bitcoin is in fact becoming more stronger and reliable as soon as time pass, so i we can say that there is no threat to bitcoin  at all.
Paid Piper

Activity: 329
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 11:38:37 PM

i think yes no one can know about the future of bitcoin but  i think if we predict about the price of bitcoin then we can say bitcoin will continue increasing its value for a long time. and therefore i am sure that bitcoin has a very bright future and hope that bitcoin will continue and survive for a long time.
yes that is right that no  one know about that but i think that it depend on the interest of the people that most of the will give preference to bitcoin then it will become easy.
Ilegendph

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Thinking on the higher plane of existence.

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 11:47:59 PM

Bitcoin will last as long there is a demand for it, cryptocurrency exist because there is a need of faster and reliable transactions, well about the price of bitcoin, it is normal for a currency to go up and down but the good thing about cryptocurrency is it is not solely affected by economic status of a certain country unlike paper money we have in our respective countries Grin

E C O S T A R T |                              telegram      twitter      facebook                     Instant and transparent
                                   WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET  ▬▬▬▬   financing of environmental
[   WHITEPAPER      ONEPAGER   ]                JOIN                               projects.     
yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 12:00:11 AM

the existence of the bitcoin depends on the miners as long as there are still miners who supports the blockchain technology of bitcoin then bitcoin is still alive. but my idea to make the bitcoin still exust, a government intervention is required like incentives, for example for the miners who supports the bitcoin blockchain must be given a power supply subsidy of o discount for electric bill to minimize the operation cost of mining 'coz this is the main concern of the miners which is the cost of electric bills.
yrreg ger

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 12:07:02 AM

As of this time, bitcoins remains stable even after the release of bitcoin cash. There's no sign of any problem on bitcoin. If bitcoin remains on this state, it would last long. However, since some events are unexpected, we'll never know long is that "long" will take. It may be a day, week, month, year, decade, century or even millenium, based on the sequence of events that may affect its effectivity
Vasilije69

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 02:06:46 AM

Nobody can't know that for sure. We can only guess. It may reach million, it may become regular and common currency for all countries, it also can lose all its value. Everything is possible, let's see and hope for best Smiley
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 04:25:43 AM

There is a big reason why humans are generally not granted an ability to foresee the future...life could be different if we know what can happen soon and into the far future and we will be living in fear and not really enjoy life. Let us leave that prediction job to the people who are gifted enough by the divine power to see the future.

As to Bitcoin and any digital coin for that matter, we know the power of the market...of the law of supply and demand. For as long as there is a demand then maybe Bitcoin can continue to exist otherwise it would just die a natural death.
Seeker01

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 04:37:29 AM

I cant see any threat with bitcoin today that result to its loss, in my view bitcoin will last forever. Many people now are using cryptocurrency and bitcoin still remain on top, though there some adjustments with the last fork i am sure bitcoin will still survive.
matchi2011

Activity: 1456
Merit: 267

Buy $BGL before it's too late!

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 05:09:54 AM

I cant see any threat with bitcoin today that result to its loss, in my view bitcoin will last forever. Many people now are using cryptocurrency and bitcoin still remain on top, though there some adjustments with the last fork i am sure bitcoin will still survive.

I don't think the last hardfork had any major effect on btc as we can see right now that everything is pretty much back to normal. We can't say though that btc will last forever as there no assurance of that and we can only hope. What we can do is to take advantage of the moment and i think we can be assured that btc will be here at least for the next couple of years

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
Tamilson

Activity: 1022
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 09:30:51 AM

Well the fact that bitcoin are now being use worldwide and many countries are legalizing it so bitcoin will definitely last for many years. Even our grandsons will surely use this when they grow up.
And as long as there will be demand for it, bitcoin will continue to flow in the market.

Happy Coding Life Smiley
Nikola95

Activity: 231
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 06:00:03 PM

Answer is simple. It will last as long as people continue to use it. Because of increase in number of people buying and using it it's price is going to rise. Maybe you read somewhere what McAfee have to say about bitcoin price.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                                         Y I E L D                                         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
EASIEST WAY TO EARN INTEREST IN CRYPTO

▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                Twitter          Telegram          Token                ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄
Lecam

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 06:17:58 PM

I don't think it's possible right now. Just see how fast it's growing. It has a lot of demand in the market. It's really hard to speculate the price and until when bitcoin will last. All I know is, as long as people use it and they see it as a good investment, it's price will keep growing. As of now, people see bitcoin's potential limitless. Just look how it went from a dollar to $2000.
NY-city

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 06:21:48 PM

Answer is simple. It will last as long as people continue to use it. Because of increase in number of people buying and using it it's price is going to rise. Maybe you read somewhere what McAfee have to say about bitcoin price.

Bitcoin and its price depend on popularity. And we all see how bitcoin has grown in popularity over the past few years. In the future, this trend will continue. I think that bitcoin has forever become part of the financial system of the world

The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 03:02:14 AM

The price of bitcoin can go up or down that is true for any investment but as long as the overall trajectory of the price is up then bitcoin is going to last, in fact even if the price of bitcoin remain the same as it is now I’m sure bitcoin will keep existing.
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 05:11:30 AM

The price of bitcoin can go up or down that is true for any investment but as long as the overall trajectory of the price is up then bitcoin is going to last, in fact even if the price of bitcoin remain the same as it is now I’m sure bitcoin will keep existing.
What is your basis or any sources that Bitcoin will keep going up for at least 20 years or will it even last for more than 20 years? It is a long time frame and I don't think something like Bitcoin has that kind of growth potential maybe you are expecting Bitcoin to grow at least maybe a 100,000$ each which is really impossible, I don't even think there is a stock in the market that has a growth potential like what you are saying. There are other factors outside that can affect you assumptions.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
The_prodigy

Activity: 924

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 05:17:02 AM

In terms of its question if it would still exist then I believe yes it would last for a very long time as people are latchging onto btc more and more every single day as they are seeing the potential of it being it can make them earn money. Also with some retailers accepting cryptocurrency then I guess it would be just a matter of time before it becomes widely accepted.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: