Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:00:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How long could bitcoin last?  (Read 23181 times)
supine

Activity: 1036
Merit: 109

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 03:06:43 AM

As of right now, the bitcoin price is expected to keep going up in the next 20 years. But can it last that long? I believe it's possible. But can't it crash at a random time? Like the price going down hard.
Agreed, True it could last in years as long as how people would use and support this kind of transactions. I think the currency of bitcoin will come up higher in the future years.
Pasnik

Activity: 649
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 03:40:49 AM

As of right now, the bitcoin price is expected to keep going up in the next 20 years. But can it last that long? I believe it's possible. But can't it crash at a random time? Like the price going down hard.
Agreed, True it could last in years as long as how people would use and support this kind of transactions. I think the currency of bitcoin will come up higher in the future years.
Bitcoin could last for more years, I think will continue to grow and strong if people will still use bitcoin. Though we cannot tell when at how long it could last as long there are people who support bitcoin. It will going strong daily and continue be in demand.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 09:42:49 PM

I predict Bitcoin will last for the rest of Humanity.

However in the future people will only have a very small amount of Bitcoin.

Almost no one will be able to afford 1 Bitcoin. Only the richest people, like millionaires.
Bitcoin is resistant but not that resistant, bitcoin cannot exist without people but people can exist without bitcoin we have done so for millions of years so to me it is impossible that bitcoin is going to last as long as humanity, if instead you make the point that bitcoin will keep on existing as long as civilization existed then I think you could have a point.
sunsilk

Activity: 2926
Merit: 620

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 10:15:43 PM

It could last, bitcoin can lasts almost a lifetime.

Why there's an almost in my term if I'm a believer in bitcoin that it can lasts for a very long time?

Something might happen that it will be upgraded or something like that or if not, better say it will lasts a lifetime.

Ajinomoto40

Activity: 338
Merit: 100

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 10:30:24 PM

No one knows. If I'm not mistaken, Bitcoin is running for about 5 years. Compairing its value and how big its community now and then, there's a huge difference. Which means Bitcoin is developed way far from it was before and through ups and downs on its price. So the same thing will happen in the future. We can expect for more years to Bitcoin because more people nowadays are being interested to it that will make it run for more long years and somehow make it legal to most countries due to public demand.

hyunee

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 11:22:46 PM

We really don't know for sure how long bitcoin can last. But to my perspective, bitcoin will last longer. Since bitcoin brings a lot of benefits and would really help people I think bitcoin has a longer life. Years from now it might be use all over the country. Many people like me who use bitcoin believe that it will take decades to make it worldwide and we really believe that bitcoin will have a long run.
Oggy Pogi

Activity: 203

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 11:33:54 PM

As long as there are people who are interested in btc it can last longer that we expected. But it can also crash anytime soon because change is inevitable and if new currency was made with more advantages than bitcoin I think it'll be the time when btc is going down. But as of now btc is gaining it's popularity that can be the way that btc could be accepted in society.

Serco

Activity: 1050
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 12:18:23 AM

As long as there are people who are interested in btc it can last longer that we expected. But it can also crash anytime soon because change is inevitable and if new currency was made with more advantages than bitcoin I think it'll be the time when btc is going down. But as of now btc is gaining it's popularity that can be the way that btc could be accepted in society.
Well enough sense, in fact the right word to say until when did not anyone know, let it flow like a stream of river water and time to answer  Cheesy

▄█  █▄
              ▄▀█  █▌
             █▀ █ ▐█  ▄      ▄▄▄
         ▀▄ ██▄▄█ ▐█  ▀▀      █▀▄▄
           ██▀▀██ █▌  █▌ ▄▀▀▌ █▄▄
     █▄▄  ▄█   ▄█▐█▌  █▌▐█    █  ▄▄

▄▄▄▄▀███▀   ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▄▀      █
▄██               ▐▌█ █▀▄ █▄  ▄▄  █       █▌  ▐▌
██▌              ▀█▄      ▐█▌▐▌██▐█       █▌  ▐▌
██▌    █▀▄█ ▄▐█▀▀▄█▌▄▀▀▄   ███▌██▐█▄▀▀▄█▀▄▐▌▄▀█▌
▀███▄▄ █▀▄█▄█▐█▄▄▀▐█▀▄▄▀    ██ ▀██▀▀█▄▀█▀▄▐ █▄▀█
  ▀▀▀    █ ▄█▐▌                          █
          ▀  █                            ▀
WIN A
▀██████████▀
██
██
██
██
▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀
███████████▀
██
████████████
          ██
▄███████████
██
██
██
██
███████████▀
▀██████████▀

████████████
██        ██
██        ██
CYBERTRUCK

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
            ▄▄▄████████████▀▀▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄▄███████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████████████▌
███████████████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
 ████████▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀             ▀▀▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀██████▀
$60,000 IN BTC
$50,000 IN ETH
& MORE!
aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 01:08:06 AM

I think Bitcoin will eventually become a commodity like gold. Even if the price goes high and the fees are a little high, I think people will still buy it and hold it as an investment. It will probably continue to rise in value over time.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 02:51:14 AM

No one would be able to say exactly that how much time would bitcoin exist.Bitcoin has already overcome lots of critical issues successfully and its price is also increasing continuously.May countries are coming forward even to legalize bitcoin.But after twenty years,when quantum comptuting would be introduced,it may affect the security of bitcoin and we have to just wait and see what happens then.
Bitcoin was designed to be anti fragile, bitcoin is very resistant to almost anything you can throw at it, many lost faith in bitcoin after the price went own in 2013 and thought bitcoin was never going to recover but it did and now all the people that trusted in bitcoin are reaping the rewards.
You are right, mate, bitcoin is too powerful, And i think that is just the beginning of bitcoin. Many people believe in it and trust it too much, like i do. I like it too much.
Nowdays many people enroll this community, and it become more larger now.
So we expect that bitcoin will be more powerful than ever and the price will increase a lot over the years. I predict that bitcoin will last many years, maybe 20 years or more.
I think you are right with prices this high I think we are going to see a new generation of newbies making an account on the forum to discuss and learn as much as they can about bitcoin, there is no way all the good news about bitcoin are not going to bring even more people to our side.
darthmaul

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 06:00:27 AM

The simple answer is "yes"it will last longer than we think.

The crash at random times is really dependent upon the market situation. Bitcoin has crashed at least two to three times in a year and that followed every year if you see historic data for bitcoin. Juts checkout the recent event of hard fork and how bitcoin behaved during its implementation. It dropped dramatically and nobody ever thought of it like that way. Now the bitcoin is up again with double the price of crash! Thats the way bitcoin is evolving every year.

So according to me ups and downs in the bitcoin market is really normal thing and depends directly or indirectly with external factors. So ignoring that we could invest in the bitcoin easily and safely.

Yes, it will last longer without any further doubt really.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Williamscott

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 07:20:14 AM

It will last until a better coin emerges that will be taken by the World as an official neutral currency for all. However before that happens, bitcoin will most likely go through its glory and also become like main World currency that will be accepted in most countries and be widely used. I know that there are now this scary things like probability of fork or the price is fluctuating much, but it's nothing that could really end bitcoin out of nowhere. It will probably slowly die when its time has come, but there is still bright future as the whole cryptocurrency, blockchain technology is just beginning to go mainstream.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 08:50:32 AM

The simple answer is "yes"it will last longer than we think.

The crash at random times is really dependent upon the market situation. Bitcoin has crashed at least two to three times in a year and that followed every year if you see historic data for bitcoin. Juts checkout the recent event of hard fork and how bitcoin behaved during its implementation. It dropped dramatically and nobody ever thought of it like that way. Now the bitcoin is up again with double the price of crash! Thats the way bitcoin is evolving every year.

So according to me ups and downs in the bitcoin market is really normal thing and depends directly or indirectly with external factors. So ignoring that we could invest in the bitcoin easily and safely.

Yes, it will last longer without any further doubt really.

There is nothing to worry about the crash, ups and downs because it is really normal for a decentralized currency since there is no in charge to fully regulate it. Bitcoin will last longer and it could possibly last even after we are dead because i think that there is a lot of potential in bitcoin and in the future the world can be using bitcoin as a primary option for payments and advanced financial system.
oliver scott

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 09:11:32 AM

Not only bitcoin, most of the digital currencies were unpredictable and the same has made users gain and loss big. Bitcoin has faced lots of issues in the short time frame from its existence. So further it will grow based on the same and survive for a longer time as adoption and several governments too have plans of legalizing bitcoin.
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 07:53:35 PM

With the recent pump bitcoin has a good future. Who said that bitcoin will never be at 3k, 4k ??

I don't know what was the reason behind this but I think that bitcoin price will reach at least 5k until New Year.
i think that after crossing 4000$, it is now look like that bitcoin price will cross 6000$ before ending 2017. i think bitcoin will even then continue increasing.

To good to be true but i hope it too. By looking at the price of bitcoin right now, bitcoin life can be long, maybe 10-50 next years bitcoin still being used. Actually it's depend on the bitcoin user itself, if all bitcoin users are no more using bitcoin, bitcoin will be dead and this coin will be useless.
I doubt that is going to happen, what I mean is that maybe in the future bitcoin is not going to be the top coin any longer but to think it is going to disappear is not realistic, bitcoin is going to last more than all of us, I think there is a big chance bitcoin becomes the currency of the future, it is not going to be easy and I do not expect that to happen in my lifetime but I have hopes that is going to happen at some point.
allohha

Activity: 672
Merit: 176

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 07:55:52 PM

With the recent pump bitcoin has a good future. Who said that bitcoin will never be at 3k, 4k ??

I don't know what was the reason behind this but I think that bitcoin price will reach at least 5k until New Year.
i think that after crossing 4000$, it is now look like that bitcoin price will cross 6000$ before ending 2017. i think bitcoin will even then continue increasing.

To good to be true but i hope it too. By looking at the price of bitcoin right now, bitcoin life can be long, maybe 10-50 next years bitcoin still being used. Actually it's depend on the bitcoin user itself, if all bitcoin users are no more using bitcoin, bitcoin will be dead and this coin will be useless.
I doubt that is going to happen, what I mean is that maybe in the future bitcoin is not going to be the top coin any longer but to think it is going to disappear is not realistic, bitcoin is going to last more than all of us, I think there is a big chance bitcoin becomes the currency of the future, it is not going to be easy and I do not expect that to happen in my lifetime but I have hopes that is going to happen at some point.
Today there are a lot of forecasts that have a lot of difference between themselves. I do not know who to trust more, but I still think that Bitcoin will rise from the street ambiguous. That's just what numbers to voice, this is an ungrateful thing. I believe that we will see what should be, and not what we dream.
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 10:25:25 PM

Not only bitcoin, most of the digital currencies were unpredictable and the same has made users gain and loss big. Bitcoin has faced lots of issues in the short time frame from its existence. So further it will grow based on the same and survive for a longer time as adoption and several governments too have plans of legalizing bitcoin.
yes that is right to say that we cannot predict about bitcoin or any other altcoin, but we can expect that bitcoin will survive for a long long time,  and hope that as time pass bitcoin will become more and more stronger because of the interest of the people.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 02:13:40 AM

It could last, bitcoin can lasts almost a lifetime.

Why there's an almost in my term if I'm a believer in bitcoin that it can lasts for a very long time?

Something might happen that it will be upgraded or something like that or if not, better say it will lasts a lifetime.
Bitcoin is probably going to last a lot more time than that, gold was king for thousands of years and fiat has ruled for 150 years since bitcoin is better than any of those then it is quite possible that bitcoin could last for the rest of the history of mankind.
unknown-user

Activity: 445

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 02:32:44 AM

No one knows. But as long as there's a demand and as long as there are people that benefits from Bitcoin, it won't stop functioning. With its current rate of demand, I think Bitcoin will be good for 10 more years, and maybe more. We just don't know because it don't have physical value and it is volatile so it's way unpredictable because its demand and value changes from time to time.

bell70

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 03:00:46 AM

I think Bitcoin will be around for more than 30 to 40 years for sure and it will become extremely popular in coming 2 to 3 years. One can expect tremendous growth from Bitcoin and its price is expected to show a massive growth in 10 years.

I agree with you fully...
since it has been popular and accepted in recent years so that it can be assumed that Bitcoin will last long. day by day it is getting available at everywhere, many developed countries are considering it to allow as a legal currency, already Japan has declared as legal currency, South Korea also has taken it seriously to allow it... so the future of bitcoin is certain from my point of view...
i think it is depending on the interest of the people. bitcoin will remain tell people will have interest in it. and currently the interest of the people is increasing therefore the importance of bitcoin is also continuously increasing, i am hopeful that this trend will continue for a long time.
No one can really predict with bitcoins,When I talk with my friends almost nobody knows

about btc so there's still a lot of room for growth.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: