Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:42:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do I hold?  (Read 28359 times)
Duogembrot

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 04:22:10 AM

I have recently took investing on poloniex serious. Ever since I've invested the alt coins have been down. Do the amount of coins I posses go up if I stay. Also, do I have to wait for the coins to go back to their original price that I bought fo in order to make a profit? What are the reasons to holding if prices are down? Thank-you.

yes I suggest you to hold your coin, do not rush to sell it because bitcoin and altcoin will be very expensive for tens of years to come. but now I have a lot of stock coin and I do not sell because if I sell it is very detrimental to me .

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitPACK

Activity: 246

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 04:33:56 AM

You never lost with hold. Buy and forget your coin and don't track daily prices. If you track you can make panic and sell your coins.
guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 07:42:36 AM

All depends how long can you wait and what kind of coins did bought. For example for long-term trading it is worth holding heavy coins, such as BTC, ETH, LTC, XRP, NEM. But also I think that STRAT, LMC will be good choice.
You are right! If it is a good and prospectful coin like the ones mentioned, why not ? Unless, for traders of course who would want to benefit from the fall and rise in value of a coin, I feel the best bet is to always hold. Over time, the value of these coins will increase and definitely be a huge favor to those holding. it also helps the market when you have huge demand than supply. That obviously helps to increase the value quickly over time.
The only coins that I found worthy of holding were bitcoins and ethereum. Other than ethereum, Monero is the only altcoin that has some good potential. BCH was just a trash.

However, bitcoins can give the most profit if hold for a good period of time and ethereum is nowhere near it. I only utilize my coins when I feel a grave need and it happened only once. Hold for long to become rich.
BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 07:43:05 AM

Whatever I understand from the experience until now is we should hold the bitcoin as investment for long term purpose. I don't know why people are getting panicked about the selling as there is no reason to do that one. If I can see with my naked eyes that prices keep hiking for bitcoin then I would I worry about selling it anyway.
Some days we have also seen price dropping by well over $500 within 24 hours and that is certainly not some moves every trader can afford to overlook or pretend they do not realize the value of their holding is dwindling. So Hodling should be a conscious decision to keep and forget until whenever set conditions are met and that makes it unsuitable for everyone.
It is not that easy to hold bitcoin. You need to hold bitcoin with proper strategy and plans. You should be well aware of the fact that dumps and pumps are the essential parts of the bitcoin journey towards amazing prices and you need to stay damn calm when the prices are dumping. If you are accustomed to do panic selling than it is not an easy task for you to hold onto bitcoin.
stellgod

Activity: 659
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 10:48:38 AM

If the coins you hold are on poloniex list, you don't have to worry, because altcoin available on trading list is a result of rigorous selection. No need to panic, even if price falls significantly. Let alone, later if it's time surely he will jump high and your investment also brings benefits.
yeah hold it, just hold it, it will back to its big price sooner or later we just need to hold our emotions too, so that it will be good for us, it will needed because if we cant manage our emotions it will leads us to having no profit, so if we are a true trader we will wait for it until it pumps again thats important among all.
There is definitely no need to get emotional when bitcoins are going though dumping phases. We all are well aware of this fact that for last few times, bitcoins are pumping hard after every dump so no need to get distressed by the falling prices of the bitcoins rather is happy because it forecast great pumps.
Holding is a good option especially at the time of dumping in order to avoid any kind of loss. But on the other hand, in normal days I think trading is a very good option as compared to that of holding for the ones who know the art of trading. For holding, you need to be very much patient and I think not everyone can remain this much patient.

gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 03:09:13 PM

If the coins you hold are on poloniex list, you don't have to worry, because altcoin available on trading list is a result of rigorous selection. No need to panic, even if price falls significantly. Let alone, later if it's time surely he will jump high and your investment also brings benefits.
yeah hold it, just hold it, it will back to its big price sooner or later we just need to hold our emotions too, so that it will be good for us, it will needed because if we cant manage our emotions it will leads us to having no profit, so if we are a true trader we will wait for it until it pumps again thats important among all.
There is definitely no need to get emotional when bitcoins are going though dumping phases. We all are well aware of this fact that for last few times, bitcoins are pumping hard after every dump so no need to get distressed by the falling prices of the bitcoins rather is happy because it forecast great pumps.
Holding is a good option especially at the time of dumping in order to avoid any kind of loss. But on the other hand, in normal days I think trading is a very good option as compared to that of holding for the ones who know the art of trading. For holding, you need to be very much patient and I think not everyone can remain this much patient.

Well certain people are better of holding because they're not that comfortable with dealing with trading's unpredictability. Everyone can hold since patience is mostly what you'll need.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
rebel92

Activity: 616
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 05:54:23 PM

You never lost with hold. Buy and forget your coin and don't track daily prices. If you track you can make panic and sell your coins.

I certainly not disagree with your opinion, to be fair I am almost only holding my coins but reading the news its the important thing to keep you informed what's happening on the market.
pureclckr

Activity: 243
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:51:26 AM

All depends how long can you wait and what kind of coins did bought. For example for long-term trading it is worth holding heavy coins, such as BTC, ETH, LTC, XRP, NEM. But also I think that STRAT, LMC will be good choice.
There is no doubt in this fact that all depends on the nature of coins you are holding and also the nature of the investor/holder. If the coins you are holding are bitcoins, waves etc, it is better hold them for long time in wallets especially bitcoins because they massively increase in prices over the time. I don’t suggest anyone holding eth for long time.
Exactly this really matters. What coin you are holding will definitely affect to your strategy. Like you said if you are holding bitcoins then no doubt you can relax even in very bad times because bitcoins always get back to sky. But yes if they are some altcoins then no need to hold them because they are so much volatile and can produce you huge losses.

SMSabuj

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

I am a professional Web Designer and Developer

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:03:29 PM

Obviously, you can hold. I think to hold some potential coin is better than all other business. If you can hold some Bitcoin now for 1 or 2 years. So what will happen you can't imagine now. It can change your life. So just hold on.
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:55:42 PM

I have recently took investing on poloniex serious. Ever since I've invested the alt coins have been down. Do the amount of coins I posses go up if I stay. Also, do I have to wait for the coins to go back to their original price that I bought fo in order to make a profit? What are the reasons to holding if prices are down? Thank-you.

Prices in cryptocurrency world are always fluctuating. Everyone is taking risk when investing in any of them.

Amount of coins that you posses will not increase by simply holding them. Only price will go up and down as the time pass. If you want to make profit, than you will have to wait for price to go above the price you paid. How much will you wait, well that depends on you. Why would you hold coins that you bought? Well that is simple, you want to make profit from that trade. If you sell your coins for lesser than you paid, you will lose in that trade. Therefor, if you want to make profit you will have to wait for price to go above price that you paid. That is why it would be good to hold them.
bitblackred

Activity: 257
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:40:39 PM

I certainly not disagree with your opinion, to be fair I am almost only holding my coins but reading the news its the important thing to keep you informed what's happening on the market.
yes you should hold and keep saving your bitcoins and keep waiting for the right time to sell your bitcoins because now a days selling bitcoins will not be consider as a good idea because the prices are increasing higher and higher so if you hold and keep saving your bitcoins than you will be in profit.
djgtr

Activity: 951
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 08:08:06 PM

yes you should hold and keep saving your bitcoins and keep waiting for the right time to sell your bitcoins because now a days selling bitcoins will not be consider as a good idea because the prices are increasing higher and higher so if you hold and keep saving your bitcoins than you will be in profit.
well this is verry common thing .i think is is now time to sell because the price of bitcoin today is quite amzing  yet profitable enoughf to gain some more profit.i think it is now time to sell because the price of bItcoin is 4x higher from the past few years but if you want somw more profit just wait for the another day of increasing of price i think it well happen .
Kaller

Activity: 752
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 08:13:14 PM

Man I literally just posted about this. Whenever you are wondering if you should hold, always remember that no one who ever bought and held Bitcoin for more than a couple years ever lost money. In fact, they always make a lot! Hope this answers your question. Smiley
KenChanYu

Activity: 1139
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 08:14:00 PM

well this is verry common thing .i think is is now time to sell because the price of bitcoin today is quite amzing  yet profitable enoughf to gain some more profit.i think it is now time to sell because the price of bItcoin is 4x higher from the past few years but if you want somw more profit just wait for the another day of increasing of price i think it well happen .
yes i agree but i think tbe price of bitcoin today is common .and maybe it will continue to rise tomorrow or maybe next monht or maybe in the nex few days from now.we dont really know what well happen next to this actual price today so then the discission is youre you are the only one who can dicide on what you are going to do and how to gain profit on it.that is why the experience  on this field of trading is verry important to avoid panic.
syberwolfen

Activity: 790
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 08:30:47 PM

Man I literally just posted about this. Whenever you are wondering if you should hold, always remember that no one who ever bought and held Bitcoin for more than a couple years ever lost money. In fact, they always make a lot! Hope this answers your question. Smiley

Yes I agree with you completely as I have never seen anyone losing money by holding onto bitcoin but as a human being we sometime become too greedy and end up selling all the bitcoin when the price soars  up and then later regret that we could have waited for couple of more months .

Am I spamming? Report me!
romeo111

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 12:14:58 AM

Yes i do hold some of altcoin. because i hope this altcoin future is very good.
thise are the ETH, Waves, Etbs, IFT, TFL, AVT, OMG, CTR etc.
i think it will give us a better future.
so you hold altcoin, It depends on your analysis.
you should check the altcoin history and know it's updates, then you hold.
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 01:29:01 AM

Those who HOLD are the real winners simply because bitcoin is really great in term of making money. Just be more patience and for sure you will enjoy the benefits of it in the future. There is a great opportunity here in bitcoin we just need to use it well.
Forbiddenone

Activity: 585
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 01:56:57 AM

I would recommend that you should only hold potential altcoin or tokens,as they give higher profit.if you are going for altcoin then waves is best altcoin i would recommend,it has high chance that it will pump just like ethereum but you have to patience.for token you can invest in ctr,omg or time ,etch that have good roadmap and well organized team.
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 03:57:41 AM

I think if you hold it and keep waiting for the price to rebound it may take a long time, but if you believe it will get back to the starting price you bought or it could be more improved it is better, but there are times when we have to face some risk by selling it and wait for the price to get to the lowest point and start buying it again at a cheap price and hold it for sale when the price goes back up, that's what I do if the price goes down I take some losses to make a profit
That totally depends on the coin you are holding. Some coins take a longer time to recover from dips due to the level of support it has, some takes very little time before they recover. Usually, if you are sure the coin you are holding has good support, it is better to hold than sell when you are losing.
Indeed, you need to study your coin in detail in order to make formulate your plans with that coin. You should read articles related to that coin and join forums that provide recent information regarding your coin. Personally I will recommend holding bitcoins and selling altcoins when they are giving you some profit.
This is a very good way to always go about the coin one is holding. Once I am holding a coin, I always make it a duty to always check some few things at least 2 - 3 times a week about that coin. That helps one to quickly stay at alert most especially for any negative news that may be surrounding the coin at that moment.

However, if it is a coin with a huge support, I do not usually care much unless I want to make some profit from the dip that may be caused by the FUD anyway.
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1655

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 06:22:00 AM

Those who HOLD are the real winners simply because bitcoin is really great in term of making money. Just be more patience and for sure you will enjoy the benefits of it in the future. There is a great opportunity here in bitcoin we just need to use it well.

There are no doubt that bitcoin is the best to hold for long term. This year alone it has rose to more than %300. Imagine if you have been holding bitcoin that long, you should be millionaires by now. But its really hard to hold that long though, maybe if you have forgotten it. Because sometimes when you see that the price is really strong and high and you have good returns, if hard not to sell and take your profits. You really need a lot of discipline and patience.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: