Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:57:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 132 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] xxxxx  (Read 175929 times)
polkacoin

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 04:35:20 AM

dear @wcxofficial The Brazilian Portuguese version of your whitepaper can definitely have some revision. some parts of it feels a bit as google translate (without plurals, etc...)
do you have any bounty for translation?
I'd more than happy to help if this is the case.

cheers.

We do - up to 500 WCX per translation depending on the amount of work on improvements. You can join our translation project here: https://poeditor.com/join/project/2v8VMUuNr4

tried to but it says that the project is already 100%, so I couldn't edit. but as I said, it countains a bunch of small language mistakes that would remove my confidence on baking the project if I didn't speak english...

100% complete languages can now be edited for improvement.

Done.
It was more work than I expected but it looks much better...
I suppose you have to approve, of course.
the Brazilian portuguese version got a really good upgrade now. Wink

the bounty will come to the same account I used for refferal?
should I contact you via email or here is fine?

thanks.

They prob need your email. they are hello [at] wcex.co

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
michaelai3

Activity: 101

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 04:49:43 AM

When can you guys disclose your team members to the public?
polkacoin

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 05:04:48 AM

When can you guys disclose your team members to the public?

They shouldn't if they are serious about security. Not the people holding private keys. This is an exchange business, so revealing private key holders, location, residence, or any other info puts the client funds at risk.
elaking

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 05:26:27 AM

this is my First time i hope to join a ICO

what is your min ETH or BTC can invest for this  ICO

thank you
yuthavithi

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 06:19:47 AM

I wish to join the WCX ICO and its pre-sale.

The only problem prevented me doing this is there is no information about the developer.
May be I should wait until I can try the product first.

darkistorrik

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 07:17:37 AM

I advise you to wait for the finished product, at least the test version. The fact that the developers do not open wild data (even just photos of the office with coin symbols) is very disappointing.
Developers, I ask you to take a photo-video of your office, place of work, it will not be able to disclose your personal data in any way, but it will greatly increase the level of trust.
As I now see the situation, this can be a great project or a fraud (you have well advertised your activity, and now you have launched a preliminary purchase and nothing hinders you before the release of the test version, just a chasm with the money received on the initial purchase).
I await your thoughtful answer, I hope my question will not be ignored. Sorry for my bad english.

I am still alive.
polkacoin

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 07:25:28 AM

I advise you to wait for the finished product, at least the test version. The fact that the developers do not open wild data (even just photos of the office with coin symbols) is very disappointing.
Developers, I ask you to take a photo-video of your office, place of work, it will not be able to disclose your personal data in any way, but it will greatly increase the level of trust.
As I now see the situation, this can be a great project or a fraud (you have well advertised your activity, and now you have launched a preliminary purchase and nothing hinders you before the release of the test version, just a chasm with the money received on the initial purchase).
I await your thoughtful answer, I hope my question will not be ignored. Sorry for my bad english.

Please don't FUD. Take some time to go through the thread and if English is not your first language please find a local ann.

There is nothing in this project to fraud. The pre-sales are escrowed. and the ICO itself happen after exchange is ready... In fact personal data about devs are not even needed if they structure it this way. This is better for security, maybe people won't trust but in the long term much better for exchange security. but who knows maybe they will reveal all about them, I hope not , its better that private key holders remain non-public.
darkistorrik

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 07:34:59 AM

Please don't FUD. Take some time to go through the thread and if English is not your first language please find a local ann.

There is nothing in this project to fraud. The pre-sales are escrowed. and the ICO itself happen after exchange is ready... In fact personal data about devs are not even needed if they structure it this way. This is better for security, maybe people won't trust but in the long term much better for exchange security. but who knows maybe they will reveal all about them, I hope not , its better that private key holders remain non-public.
Actually, I did not ask you. You are not a developer and do not answer my question.
I read ALL the thread. And I understand your and other security responses, BUT I do not ask for their photo-video (personal), and the photo-video of the OFFICE !! Read carefully! The photo of the development office can in no way compromise security.
Please answer the developer, all who are not the developer, please do not answer this question.

I am still alive.
polkacoin

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 07:39:10 AM

I dont' see how posting photo or video of an office makes more trust...
djuvantebit

Activity: 83

Be a part of the revolution

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 07:43:43 AM

more info about this coming out in the next days and weeks, including details about the ICO, more promotions, and likely a BitcoinTalk sig campaign.

Will we get newsletters sent to our mails? And, oh! Bitcointalk Sig campaign? Any specific details on this, or not planned yet? Jr. Member's allowed to join or only for Members+? I'm looking forward to contributing to this exchange's marketing - I have a Twitter account with a lot of followers. Any kind of campaign that involves manual tasks, I'm in too.  Smiley

We don't plan on sending newsletters any time soon but will keep subscribers in the loop with important updates. Yes, we are looking into running a BT sig campaign. Smiley

hm Ok then i have forgotten my password, is there a change that you can reset?

No worries. PM me the email you used to sign up and we'll get that reset for you. Smiley

I'd like to know some more about this point: "Global & Anonymous. Trading's open to people of all countries. No ID checks" - not so much about the ids but other forms of identification. like, will you be logging ip addresses? how do you plan to handle hackers or scammers trying to launder their coins through your exchange? these kinda questions seem very important to me. and lastly, are user's funds held in cold storage? thanks so much for answering all of this.

Security and privacy are fundamental to the design of WCX. Our business model is very straightforward: A great trading experience at very low cost. We don't ask for ID and we don't store IP addresses except in malign cases (a user / users trying to DDOS the service). 98% of customer funds will be stored in cold storage.

Yes!
btw really curious! how many people is your exchange supposed to be able to serve at once?
If its a global exchange I suppose it may have to support 500000 or more people at the same time easily, right?
That's hard to implement well, I think there hasn't been anything of this scope yet

Our trading engine can accommodate around 1 million transactions per second. The UI site itself (outside the API) is built to be scaled to accommodate any number of users.

Trade engine accommodating 1m transactions per second that is huge, is that realistic? A lot of investment must have gone into processing power

darkistorrik

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 07:48:54 AM

I think so - if this is a serious team, then they have an office with symbols associated with a coin or exchange. By the level of the office environment, you can already say a lot. On our forum I have already met serious concerns for security and if the developers are serious they are posting a video of the working environment, on which it is already possible to draw a conclusion about the seriousness of the developers, our claim is that they worked for Apple, Deutsche Bank and IBM and Wall Street veterans. So the office is obviously expensive and built according to a certain concept of work (I can explain in a personal message). This will make a preliminary conclusion about the seriousness of the developers.

I am still alive.
sud

Activity: 826
Merit: 301

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 07:51:59 AM

Isn't it obvious? People want to see more than just simple website and bitcointalk thread to really trust the project is for real. It seems you are not aware how many scams have been recently in the blockchain space. It's just a common sense before investing money, instead of blindly believe everything without verification, don't you agree?
djuvantebit

Activity: 83

Be a part of the revolution

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 07:52:58 AM

Actually, I did not ask you. You are not a developer and do not answer my question.
I read ALL the thread. And I understand your and other security responses, BUT I do not ask for their photo-video (personal), and the photo-video of the OFFICE !! Read carefully! The photo of the development office can in no way compromise security.
Please answer the developer, all who are not the developer, please do not answer this question.

Your question is valid! I believe the dev. should answer your question but, you don't need to be a snort about it, every other member of the community has a right to their opinion, you can simply ignore those that are invalid to you

darkistorrik

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 07:54:57 AM

Your question is valid! I believe the dev. should answer your question but, you don't need to be a snort about it, every other member of the community has a right to their opinion, you can simply ignore those that are invalid to you
Unconditional you are right) And I apologize for the sharpness, unfortunately I had a very hard day ...

I am still alive.
Coiner_

Activity: 224
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 07:58:18 AM

Wasn't it such a photo and video 4chaners used to track Shia's #HWNDU flag around the world? Just sayin'

Coiner_

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 08:00:06 AM

Isn't it obvious? People want to see more than just simple website and bitcointalk thread to really trust the project is for real. It seems you are not aware how many scams have been recently in the blockchain space. It's just a common sense before investing money, instead of blindly believe everything without verification, don't you agree?

Perhaps I've got it all mixed up but didn't they say they'll release the product before the (pre-)ICO?
darkistorrik

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 08:03:21 AM

Perhaps I've got it all mixed up but didn't they say they'll release the product before the (pre-)ICO?
It is the only thing that inspires faith so far. But I understand that you missed it - PRELIMINARY fundraising already goes from $ 25,000 and no one can say that the team will not disappear with advance money to ICO.

I am still alive.
sud

Activity: 826
Merit: 301

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 08:05:03 AM

Yes, this is the plan. Right now it isn't available, hence the concerns people have.
darkistorrik

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 08:10:17 AM

Yes, this is the plan. Right now it isn't available, hence the concerns people have.
As the developers themselves said on August 5 - post 1001. 2.5 million have already been collected. That is why there are fears if there was an ISO after the finished product is meant with a discount for orders of 25,000, so no they are holding it now, when there is only a website in fact, a paper with common words and this thread on the forum. That's why I decided to raise the issue with the office and the rest (last page).

I am still alive.
Coiner_

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 08:11:46 AM

It is the only thing that inspires faith so far. But I understand that you missed it - PRELIMINARY fundraising already goes from $ 25,000 and no one can say that the team will not disappear with advance money to ICO.

True. The ACT scammers people disappeared in less than a week after they raised > $200K from their pre-ICO so it's not impossible. Anyway, I managed to get into the Beta program so we'll see.
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 132 »
  Print  

Jump to: