Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:40:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 ... 312 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain looks like they're releasing a 15GH/s DASH miner called the AntMiner D3  (Read 299604 times)
alecsstefan

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 12:01:30 PM

I have a 18-25 sept. batch order that is Paid, Valid but Unshipped. Bitmain is not answering tickets. Does any of you face the same issue?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bytiges

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 12:04:20 PM

7nm chips are in production right now. Why do you think Bitmain flooded the market with their 16nm tech? Out with the old, in with the  new. Ya got a whole bunch of dumbasses that paid such high prices for 16nm chips in their ASIC miners, that it will  take them 1.5 years to pay the initial cost. Trust me, by then 7nm will be in full bloom and production. So bottom line....you don't know what you're talking about.
Maybe you can tell us what fab and what quantity does bitmain get access *now*, that is September 2017 to be precise  Roll Eyes

I did understood that a Japanese company had created the 7 nm chip and will compete with Bitmain. They said not to chair there chip and start mining on there own in januari and later on offer cloud mining and equipment. This was all aiming to sha265, so i think the d3 miner is save until mid 2018, but thats speculating  Cool
Taiwan Semi Conductor has been producing 7nm since late 2016, Samsung is ramping up their current production now as well as Intel. Is there some reason to believe that these Chip makers would not sell to Bitmain? These are just a FEW of the companies with current 7nm production. Bitmain has proven time and time again that they are a very versatile and savy company. They just dumped a shit ton of 16nm units on the masses. Do you really think they have done this without a plan to replace their existing miners with the 7nm to gain the edge in mining??? Why would anyone think that?? You've got idiots in droves out there paying 5, 6, 7, THOUSAND dollars for D3'S from resellers that are now only making $45.00 per day!! It's fucking amazing how stupid this is all getting. OF COURSE BITMAIN IS BUYING 7nm CHIPS.....TODAY in SEPTEMBER 2017!!! YOU won't be buying the units with them in them, but BITMAIN WILL BE MINING WITH THEM LONG BEFORE THAT!!!!
Man, please stop spreading false info. TSMC is doing 10nm now and they have preliminary 7nm Risk Production but nowhere near the volumes required. 7nm volume is 2018. Plus, they're going with folks like Broadcomm and Mediatek that have numbers way beyond Bitmains. There's no excess production for asics there.
Samsung is late as hell and they'll have their needs to satisfy first.

Bitmain will scrap the excess cap, when and if available.
Yhttp://www.zdnet.com/article/chipmakers-announce-7nm-technology/you're either ignorant or a liar. I'm not going to paste all the other sources but you're so fucking wrong it's laughable.
Lol do you know the difference between announcing something and actually having it in production with excess capacity to sell to the asic makers (which is low volume, low yield market). Call me ignorant at will, it won't change the facts. We'll have 7nm in 2019 perhaps. But it won't be twice the hashrate for the same power draw. Might be +60% (which is still good). Until then you're stuck with D3 and D3+ which will draw approx the same amount of power per hashrate.
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 12:12:34 PM

That's Not quite right. The 16nm, 10nm, and 7nm refer to the minimum feature size of a die (what eventually becomes a chip). There is also the size of the silicon wafer (what the die are "printed" on). The standard wafer is now typically 300mm diameter, but there is movement towards 450mm diameter wafers.

Thanks for the clarification. Smiley

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
sovacar

Activity: 19

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 12:34:48 PM

For those who asked earlier, I ordered a September batch of APW3++ about 2 weeks ago using the archived link, and it says that they actually shipped it today. At the moment of ordering, for sale on the website was November batch.
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 12:54:50 PM

7nm chips are in production right now. Why do you think Bitmain flooded the market with their 16nm tech? Out with the old, in with the  new. Ya got a whole bunch of dumbasses that paid such high prices for 16nm chips in their ASIC miners, that it will  take them 1.5 years to pay the initial cost. Trust me, by then 7nm will be in full bloom and production. So bottom line....you don't know what you're talking about.
Maybe you can tell us what fab and what quantity does bitmain get access *now*, that is September 2017 to be precise  Roll Eyes

I did understood that a Japanese company had created the 7 nm chip and will compete with Bitmain. They said not to chair there chip and start mining on there own in januari and later on offer cloud mining and equipment. This was all aiming to sha265, so i think the d3 miner is save until mid 2018, but thats speculating  Cool
Taiwan Semi Conductor has been producing 7nm since late 2016, Samsung is ramping up their current production now as well as Intel. Is there some reason to believe that these Chip makers would not sell to Bitmain? These are just a FEW of the companies with current 7nm production. Bitmain has proven time and time again that they are a very versatile and savy company. They just dumped a shit ton of 16nm units on the masses. Do you really think they have done this without a plan to replace their existing miners with the 7nm to gain the edge in mining??? Why would anyone think that?? You've got idiots in droves out there paying 5, 6, 7, THOUSAND dollars for D3'S from resellers that are now only making $45.00 per day!! It's fucking amazing how stupid this is all getting. OF COURSE BITMAIN IS BUYING 7nm CHIPS.....TODAY in SEPTEMBER 2017!!! YOU won't be buying the units with them in them, but BITMAIN WILL BE MINING WITH THEM LONG BEFORE THAT!!!!
Man, please stop spreading false info. TSMC is doing 10nm now and they have preliminary 7nm Risk Production but nowhere near the volumes required. 7nm volume is 2018. Plus, they're going with folks like Broadcomm and Mediatek that have numbers way beyond Bitmains. There's no excess production for asics there.
Samsung is late as hell and they'll have their needs to satisfy first.

Bitmain will scrap the excess cap, when and if available.
Yhttp://www.zdnet.com/article/chipmakers-announce-7nm-technology/you're either ignorant or a liar. I'm not going to paste all the other sources but you're so fucking wrong it's laughable.
Lol do you know the difference between announcing something and actually having it in production with excess capacity to sell to the asic makers (which is low volume, low yield market). Call me ignorant at will, it won't change the facts. We'll have 7nm in 2019 perhaps. But it won't be twice the hashrate for the same power draw. Might be +60% (which is still good). Until then you're stuck with D3 and D3+ which will draw approx the same amount of power per hashrate.
I think we seem to have a language barrier here. Samsung is "producing" 7nm chips today and intends to scale up that production aggressively in 2018. I understand that ASIC is not high on the distribution priority list as I've said several times here in my posts. My point in all this is.....people are paying completely ridiculous prices for these 16nm units that are 1.5 years into their Moore's Law lifecycle. The market is being slammed with massive quantities of Hashing power. These ignorant fools will take anywhere from 12-20 months to recoup their hardware costs. By then, BAM!! 7nm is either in the Bitmain mines and or about to be. Do you disagree that Bitmain mined 16nm Chips long before they sold them to us??? Yes, 7nm in 2019 for us regular people.....2018 for Bitmain's personal Goldmines. D3's for sale on every street corner for 1/2 their release price. Which is awesome. THAT'S when I'll buy them.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
bytiges

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 01:24:23 PM

I think we seem to have a language barrier here. Samsung is "producing" 7nm chips today and intends to scale up that production aggressively in 2018. I understand that ASIC is not high on the distribution priority list as I've said several times here in my posts. My point in all this is.....people are paying completely ridiculous prices for these 16nm units that are 1.5 years into their Moore's Law lifecycle. The market is being slammed with massive quantities of Hashing power. These ignorant fools will take anywhere from 12-20 months to recoup their hardware costs. By then, BAM!! 7nm is either in the Bitmain mines and or about to be. Do you disagree that Bitmain mined 16nm Chips long before they sold them to us??? Yes, 7nm in 2019 for us regular people.....2018 for Bitmain's personal Goldmines. D3's for sale on every street corner for 1/2 their release price. Which is awesome. THAT'S when I'll buy them.
Ok, let me cut some of the quotes above for brevity.
I understand exactly the nuances of your words. Lets put this into perspective. There will always be new tech in 2-3 years time. Moore's law does not work the way it did 30 to 20 years ago. Today we have evolutionary steps vs revolutionary as it used to be.

By the time those D3 are 1/2 their price (say 700$) on the streets, say 2 years from now, they will have been beaten to death but paid back their first owners. If somebody has free electricity at that time and feel like risking to buy a 2 year old miner at 1/2 the price it's their choice and I won't argue with that.

My take is at that time, difficulty will be way higher and roi much longer (if any) to make it worth.

Now, when I talk about retail price, I mean the 2700 or 1500 $ from Bitmain direct. If you instead mean the 10K from Cryptocrane, then I'm with you all the way. They will never pay back.
shuuk

Activity: 144

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 01:49:58 PM

8 Days now and no confirmation email about the payment (bitcoin) and no answer to my 2 tickets   Embarrassed
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2017, 01:59:55 PM

I've finally got zpool's D3 delivered  and online. You can see the results here:

http://zpool.ca/?address=1LDQNsknrP6VUDdd1aqGWxoW9HBgYezEyZ

Cheers

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
BenRickert

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 02:08:16 PM

Ok, let me cut some of the quotes above for brevity.
I understand exactly the nuances of your words. Lets put this into perspective. There will always be new tech in 2-3 years time. Moore's law does not work the way it did 30 to 20 years ago. Today we have evolutionary steps vs revolutionary as it used to be.

By the time those D3 are 1/2 their price (say 700$) on the streets, say 2 years from now, they will have been beaten to death but paid back their first owners. If somebody has free electricity at that time and feel like risking to buy a 2 year old miner at 1/2 the price it's their choice and I won't argue with that.

My take is at that time, difficulty will be way higher and roi much longer (if any) to make it worth.

Now, when I talk about retail price, I mean the 2700 or 1500 $ from Bitmain direct. If you instead mean the 10K from Cryptocrane, then I'm with you all the way. They will never pay back.
Yes that is exactly my point. Most of the last 3 batches were purchased by these parasitic resellers trying to gouge people and unfortunately, having great success doing it. It's just human nature. In the long run this process will be self correcting. The people that got in and paid too much to support any kind of reasonable business model will eventually throw in the towel as they did in 2014-15. Many of these lemmings are paying 18, 20, even 25 cents Kw for their power. At some point there will be at least a temporary release of pressure on the network as these bodies fall to the wayside.

Yes I am aware that Moore's law is butting up against constraints, but it is probably alive and well enough to take a nasty bite out of these fools that have ignored it completely.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
taufiqmax

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 06:11:09 PM

Guys, can you please tell me which pool is most profitable for dash, I'm new here in mining, currently running Antminer D3 on nicehash
zamans98

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 06:28:05 PM

Guys, can you please tell me which pool is most profitable for dash, I'm new here in mining, currently running Antminer D3 on nicehash

zpool.ca
nicehash
litecoinpool
hash-to-coins
prohasing
manav24

Activity: 122
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 07:09:33 PM

For those who asked earlier, I ordered a September batch of APW3++ about 2 weeks ago using the archived link, and it says that they actually shipped it today. At the moment of ordering, for sale on the website was November batch.

Lucky you!! I m the one who submitted that link and My order  of 2 d3 which was supposed to be shipped 18-25 incuding PSU has not shipped yet.

Unlucky I am!!!

Bitrated user: manav24.
BenRickert

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 07:15:08 PM

zpool.ca
nicehash
litecoinpool
hash-to-coins
prohasing
His D3 isn't going to earn much on Litecoin pool.

BenRickert

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 07:25:34 PM

Hey bud, if you're new, NH is actually a very good, stable and profitable place to be. They are typically in the top 3 profit spots especially for your D3. Switching pools are a little more challenging. Run NH now while the money is still good. Once the profit drops you can start checking other places or switching pools. I've seen switching pools go down, but not kick the miners over to their failover pools. Miners had their units sitting dead in the water for hours. Not good when you're making $60.00 a day! That's GOOD money!

ukjack

Activity: 34

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 08:18:13 PM

Anybody had any luck changing shipping destination?
Bitmain say they won't do it but I wonder if they'd make an exception.
Have an order of 50 units and I want to change country destination as datacenter plans have changed.
Bibi187

Merit: 106

https://steemit.com/@bibi187

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2017, 08:21:25 PM

Hey bud, if you're new, NH is actually a very good, stable and profitable place to be. They are typically in the top 3 profit spots especially for your D3. Switching pools are a little more challenging. Run NH now while the money is still good. Once the profit drops you can start checking other places or switching pools. I've seen switching pools go down, but not kick the miners over to their failover pools. Miners had their units sitting dead in the water for hours. Not good when you're making $60.00 a day! That's GOOD money!

Actually nicehash or zpool, cryptocompare do a video about pool comparison, zpool win this.

I try prohashing to but to much drop on connection etc ...

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
cuteman

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 08:54:01 PM

Have an order of 50 units and I want to change country destination as datacenter plans have changed.
I changed recently and they confirmed.  But for orders placed after August 15th they don't change as they wrote.  Mine was earlier.  But you can try.
Dopert

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 09:17:03 PM

Pff. I think yesterday we did speculate and calculated bitmain batch sales numbers, a little to hard. People offer antminers d3 below cost price on ebay. I also adjusted mu price to costprice (1950 euro, inc PSU and all tax payed) on our Dutch marketplace Embarrassed

I hope that Bitmain suffer as hard as me with overflouding the Dash market.
Dopert

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 09:48:33 PM

I changed recently and they confirmed.  But for orders placed after August 15th they don't change as they wrote.  Mine was earlier.  But you can try.

Good advice. I also will try my 4 miner to change the adress to Gigawatt USA. I have some WTT tokens there.
GMPoison

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 05:26:11 AM

"We are releasing new batches of the Antminer S9 and Antminer D3 DASH miner today (26 September)!
Antminer S9 will be available here (https://goo.gl/L1VJPg) after 2PM
Antminer D3 will be available here (https://goo.gl/wz4KNH) after 5PM today.
All times are in GMT+8.
BCC, BTC, LTC and USD will be accepted as payment methods for these batches."
Pages: « 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 ... 312 »
  Print  

Jump to: