Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:12:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 312 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain looks like they're releasing a 15GH/s DASH miner called the AntMiner D3  (Read 299603 times)
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 05:47:06 PM

are we still feeling positive a obout ROI in a speedy time for the first few batches?

Absolutely, Dash is a popular coin and the price will adjust for later batches. It will get tighter as more farms get on but they will remain profitable for people who have decent electricity prices.

Hashrate does NOT affect price. That's a very long-standing urban myth I wish folks would STOP spouting.

Profitability follows PRICE, not the other way around.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 05:49:44 PM

Just saw the announcement that additional D3's are available to buy end of this week. Maybe I'm overlooking but when do they expect to ship these?

Probably late October, perhaps November - they've not announced that part yet that I've seen.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
CryptoCrane (OP)

Activity: 384
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 06:22:35 PM

I appreciate the analysis that as hash rate climbs the price climbs.  However if you use BTC as an example there is a TON of hash chasing BTC and the profitability of those miners who mine BTC for the most part is really not very good.  This is why so many people mine the "alt's" and not BTC directly.  

With this much hash rate dumping on X11 even if the price climbs the return/profitability of the miners is going to really stink and by the end of the year, and is probably going to be a pretty grim picture.  I don't mine BTC directly for a reason.  And with this huge dog pile in X11 it looks like there are very good reasons to not mine X11.  Now if you were one of the lucky ones to get a DM11G in the first batches or possibly even one of the first batches from Bitmain you may have a shot at getting your ROI in good time frame, but everything after that starts to look like a daily grind to squeeze out any profit.  I say congrats to the guys who bought the first batches and will likely get rewarded for their risk taking.  Everyone else jumping in now are going to be shocked as their calculations for profits crumble.

If you really think Dash is going that high then now is the time to buy a lot of Dash and hold it.

I have Baikal A900 giants and the profitability of those miners has fallen to almost nothing already regardless of the algo that they support.  By next month if things don't change those miners may be lucky to break even after cost at this rate of decline.

It is time for a reality check on the expectations for these miners.    Ask someone who is mining X11 right now what the picture looks like already.

I bet Bitmain will delay batches to release late September. They will announce, "Driver issue. More testing!"

Have they done something like that in the past?

Yes, the very first batch for the AntMiner S7 was slightly delayed. Bitmain ended up compensating everyone with bitcoin for the lost mining time.

Dexterqo

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 06:29:44 PM

Hi guys,
I have ordered one (october batch) so I hope that ROI will be about 2 months.
If it will make 500€ / month I will be happy. It's my first investition for mining, so let's see and good luck to all who ordered D3 too.  Wink
CryptoCrane (OP)

Activity: 384
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 07:00:50 PM

Hi guys,
If it will make 500€ / month I will be happy. It's my first investition for mining, so let's see and good luck to all who ordered D3 too.  Wink

Welcome Dexterqo and congrats on getting one of the October batch D3s!

Trinislacker

Activity: 31
Merit: 6

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 08:22:26 PM

Just saw the announcement that additional D3's are available to buy end of this week. Maybe I'm overlooking but when do they expect to ship these?

Probably late October, perhaps November - they've not announced that part yet that I've seen.

1st November
cryptotore

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 09:58:54 PM

For anyone bothered with noise from the Antminers I can recommend this method:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MttHe_qoZjw

Can't believe I havent done it before..
shaninium

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 10:32:53 PM

I appreciate the analysis that as hash rate climbs the price climbs.  However if you use BTC as an example there is a TON of hash chasing BTC and the profitability of those miners who mine BTC for the most part is really not very good.  This is why so many people mine the "alt's" and not BTC directly.  

With this much hash rate dumping on X11 even if the price climbs the return/profitability of the miners is going to really stink and by the end of the year, and is probably going to be a pretty grim picture.  I don't mine BTC directly for a reason.  And with this huge dog pile in X11 it looks like there are very good reasons to not mine X11.  Now if you were one of the lucky ones to get a DM11G in the first batches or possibly even one of the first batches from Bitmain you may have a shot at getting your ROI in good time frame, but everything after that starts to look like a daily grind to squeeze out any profit.  I say congrats to the guys who bought the first batches and will likely get rewarded for their risk taking.  Everyone else jumping in now are going to be shocked as their calculations for profits crumble.

If you really think Dash is going that high then now is the time to buy a lot of Dash and hold it.

I have Baikal A900 giants and the profitability of those miners has fallen to almost nothing already regardless of the algo that they support.  By next month if things don't change those miners may be lucky to break even after cost at this rate of decline.

It is time for a reality check on the expectations for these miners.    Ask someone who is mining X11 right now what the picture looks like already.

I bet Bitmain will delay batches to release late September. They will announce, "Driver issue. More testing!"

The l3+ were delayed too

shaninium

Activity: 489

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 10:41:04 PM

Hi guys,

Thanks to its lower price you might be alright, but it will be more then 2 months. September batches have best chance, earlier the better. Depends on how u mine.

Dukebit

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 10:41:49 PM

can payment to Bitmain be made from your exchange wallet if you keep your coins on the exchange?

i would like to pay for the D3 miner with litecoin if i can manage to secure one on the 10th when they release the batch

I'm a bit worried that the Roi will take very long  for the November batch , the difficulty is currently just over 600000, by what i've read above some are predicting that it might rise to 6 million which will give about $20 p/d.

Is it still worth buying one of these?
thesavoyard

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 11:06:25 PM

can payment to Bitmain be made from your exchange wallet if you keep your coins on the exchange?

i would like to pay for the D3 miner with litecoin if i can manage to secure one on the 10th when they release the batch

I'm a bit worried that the Roi will take very long  for the November batch , the difficulty is currently just over 600000, by what i've read above some are predicting that it might rise to 6 million which will give about $20 p/d.

Is it still worth buying one of these?

You can pay from an exchange, I did. Remember, the difficulty will rise but it is likely that price of Dash will rise with it.

Lmaooo

Activity: 694
Merit: 108

santacoin.io

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 11:11:16 PM

Wonderful, what a great news? Looking forward to hear how they perform. Hoping some day to put my hands on one of those "Dash" Miners to see them in action. Cool

bearsworth

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 11:18:02 PM

Yeah they have, actually more than once, but regardless September still great batch.

Bitrated user: cryptomark.
asharpguy01

Activity: 23

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 01:42:50 AM

Looking like a November batch.  At this point, I would assume a price of $1,000k or so? 
albertojames

Activity: 15

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 01:59:54 AM

Does anyone have any idea how many D3s are going to be released in the past 3 batches? I was doing some calculations on difficulty and hashrate and came up with 1 GH/s adds about 22.5 to difficulty. So, one D3 would add 337.5 at 15 GH/s. I'm trying to see if it would be worth getting some in their next release.
Rumor has it;

Batch 1 = 200 units
Batch 2 = 3000 units
Batch 3 = 3500 units

If so....by your calculations an additional 2,328,750 Difficulty from current?

Real numbers are:
B1: 250 07/18/2017
B2: 3300 07/20/2017
B3: 35000 08/03/2017

That can't be correct. I'm fairly certain that I personally know of more than 250 units being delivered from batch 1. I'd believe 2500. Also, those batch 3 numbers are completely bogus too. The 35000 number was derived from querying some web hooks on Bitmain's site and somebody made the assumption that it represented units sold and units remaining. The people spreading this FUD are either wrong or just trying to scare others into not purchasing so that the initial batches can be more profitable for longer.

35000 units were placed in stock for the last batch. Around 25k already paid. The rest, expired USD orders. That's why this batch only accept BTC and LTC.

If you don't trust my numbers, i'll come back in November and we'll see the hash rate.

stefanosm

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 02:12:31 AM

Hello guys,

I ordered 2 Antminers D3. One from the 1st batch ( 15-25 sept ) and one from the 2nd one ( 18-28 sept ). Both are PAID in my Bitmain account.

I also purchased 4 L3+. One is coming at the end of August. The other 3 are coming in the September batch.

I also have 5 PSU from Bitmain. One of them can power 2 machines at 220-230v ( 18 connectors ).

Everything has been already PAID and is pending shipping when the time comes.

I am located in Europe ( Athens - Greece ).

I had planned to start mining in the house and had a room that was apart from the others reserved for that. Unfortunately, we need to use the room for something else, so i just can't mine in the garage because it's simply impossible.

I could possibly tell a friend to use his work space, but it would make me totally uncomfortable to ask such a thing because it's not just for 2-3 months but for a lot more...

Worst case scenario, if i have to mine i also have a backup plan but it will be kind of complicated too.

So i decided to sell. Yes all this equipment.

I can show you screenshots of my account or do anything to gain anyone's trust. I also have all the emails Bitmain sent me when they got the payments for all my orders.

If we have a deal and you are located in Europe, you are more than welcome in Athens, to meet in person and do the exchange. If you live far, i really don't know how to handle this unless you pay and i ship it or something. I don't have issues with Escrow, but i don't know how they would keep cash for so long, and also I need to know that the person will actually buy the machine and not make me wait and then change his/her mind.
Any suggestions welcome here.

Please PM me if you are interested. My prices are based on the offers i received from people on Twitter and people i chat with. It's nothing crazy, but know it is a chance to purchase D3 from the first batches.... And i don't see a lot of people selling those.... Also the L3+ is still very profitable if you check how to mine other coins too like GameCredits, Digibyte , Score coin, and simply exchange them on Bittrex or Poloniex for whatever you want!

Understand that with all the material i purchased since June, you can clearly see i was trying to make my own mini-farm, and that i am not a person looking to resell after purchasing or something.

Before you start saying about scam or anything, think that i am willing to meet in person, accept an escrow ( although i dont know how it would work if i dont have it in hand ), Paypal or any suggestions. If you have any questions, please ask. PM me with offers or pricing.

Thank you for your time!

Mike

Hi Mike, please check your inbox, I would be interested.
asharpguy01

Activity: 23

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 02:37:33 AM

Does anyone have any idea how many D3s are going to be released in the past 3 batches? I was doing some calculations on difficulty and hashrate and came up with 1 GH/s adds about 22.5 to difficulty. So, one D3 would add 337.5 at 15 GH/s. I'm trying to see if it would be worth getting some in their next release.
Rumor has it;

Batch 1 = 200 units
Batch 2 = 3000 units
Batch 3 = 3500 units

Real numbers are:

That can't be correct. I'm fairly certain that I personally know of more than 250 units being delivered from batch 1. I'd believe 2500. Also, those batch 3 numbers are completely bogus too. The 35000 number was derived from querying some web hooks on Bitmain's site and somebody made the assumption that it represented units sold and units remaining. The people spreading this FUD are either wrong or just trying to scare others into not purchasing so that the initial batches can be more profitable for longer.

35000 units were placed in stock for the last batch. Around 25k already paid. The rest, expired USD orders. That's why this batch only accept BTC and LTC.

If you don't trust my numbers, i'll come back in November and we'll see the hash rate.

So there would be absolutely ZERO reason to buy this next batch again.  ROI would be impossible.
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 03:48:33 AM

Rumor has it;

Batch 1 = 200 units
Batch 2 = 3000 units
Batch 3 = 3500 units

Real numbers are:
You're wrong. Regardless of the "hash rate" it is physically impossible for them to sell 35000 units over the internet in 15 minutes. Just think about that for a minute. I was in the system ordering, it was crippled. Stop making shit up.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
bearsworth

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 04:22:03 AM

Rumor has it;

Batch 1 = 200 units
Batch 2 = 3000 units
Batch 3 = 3500 units

Real numbers are:

The hashrate increasing will not justify your figures. Other companies are releasing in October, so that would add to the mix. I doubt 25k in orders were paid unless one of those orders was for a large mining company in which they allowed them to get first dibs on a majority.

Bitrated user: cryptomark.
wolf_miner
Legendary

Activity: 1018
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 05:50:06 AM

Hi, which are the delivery time of the first four batch?

B1: 07/18/2017
B2: 07/20/2017
B3: 07/25/2017
B4: 08/03/2017

Cheers W_M
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 312 »
  Print  

Jump to: