Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 08:51:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 [238] 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 ... 937 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees  (Read 703576 times)
amarian12

Activity: 619
Merit: 501

https://www.massict.com/

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2017, 01:31:32 PM

Can anyone explain why coinmarketcap.com reporting different "Circulating Supply",it's not same amount btc and bch? It's that the maximum coins or what in circulation till now?
At one point it should have been 1:1 at the airdrop.

However, blocks are being mined independently so one will get ahead depending on hash and difficulty. For most of the existence of BCC, BTC had more in circulation, only recently did BCC get ahead.

Ok so both coins will have a max of 21mil and that 16mil it's actually the mined till now.... that answer my question. Thanks!

Imagine a future where IT infrastructures monitor themselves, are able to predict and respond to future business needs and can protect and heal themselves automatically.
Savik

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 01:54:03 PM

http://fork.lol/

Over time the hash will spend more time in BCH which will cause the unconfirmed backlog to rise and rise, which is directly related to fees which will rise and rise.

https://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions
Blocks having been found were able to keep pulling this number down under 30k only hours ago.

Now it is struggling to get under 80k.

And the BTC difficulty will down adjust making it easier so your precious BCH difficulty will need to be lower just to maintain profibility the only one in a downward death spiral is BCH it's being forced down in difficulty and eventually a BTC miner will retaliate at 51% attack the network

First the arguement was that Jihan controls massive mining power and now there will be a miner who comes in with more than him to launch an attack? Which is it?

tekmobile

Activity: 392
Merit: 154

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2017, 02:05:39 PM

Over time the hash will spend more time in BCH which will cause the unconfirmed backlog to rise and rise, which is directly related to fees which will rise and rise.

Blocks having been found were able to keep pulling this number down under 30k only hours ago.

And the BTC difficulty will down adjust making it easier so your precious BCH difficulty will need to be lower just to maintain profibility the only one in a downward death spiral is BCH it's being forced down in difficulty and eventually a BTC miner will retaliate at 51% attack the network

First the arguement was that Jihan controls massive mining power and now there will be a miner who comes in with more than him to launch an attack? Which is it?

Either when the difficulty drops too far either Jihan Wu will need enough power to make sure an attack does not happen and make it unprofitable or keep difficulty low and profitable and at risk of attack take your pick
winding-coils

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 02:55:14 PM

Either when the difficulty drops too far either Jihan Wu will need enough power to make sure an attack does not happen and make it unprofitable or keep difficulty low and profitable and at risk of attack take your pick

"Jihan Wu will need enough power to make sure an attack does not happen"

I think you are underestimating what is taking place.... 
September Bitkan I cannot wait  http://www.bitkan.com/event?from=english
wiked1

Activity: 417
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 03:03:16 PM

You guys hear the plan for when the Bitcoin, err, Segwit Chain freezes up?  

AXA/Bilderberg funded Blockstream/Core launched 3 satellites into orbit.  

Soooo, 2 nodes (one on standby) are gonna "verify" your transactions.

All owned and operated by the guys paying their salaries.  See how that works?  

#BilderbergCoin

Yes indeed.This man knows what he is talking about...although not sure if its "confirmed" or still "unconfirmed",if you know what I mean.
winding-coils

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 03:09:40 PM

The hash chart is soon going to look like a PWM waveform with more ON time than off with ON being BCH having more hash in their pool.
szachta

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 03:11:23 PM

Bitcoincash added in eoboot.
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2017, 03:25:39 PM

The hash chart is soon going to look like a PWM waveform with more ON time than off with ON being BCH having more hash in their pool.

Dont forget the hyperinflation that this is causing
winding-coils

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 03:28:52 PM

Dont forget the hyperinflation that this is causing
To what ill effect? 21M is the cap same as BTC, hyperinflation for a short duration would be a small price to pay for low fee fast transactions.

By all measure this thing should have already died (according to FUD), so that it lives while it might be "hyperinflated" (fud?) is hardly an issue at this juncture.
estenity

Activity: 1918
Merit: 535

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 05:05:34 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2017, 05:30:34 PM by estenity

Smartest Choice is not to use segwitcoin at all.
Because it can't handle the job.

Segwitcoin 71001 Unconfirmed Transactions

╥Aztek

this number increases rapidly and is now more than 74,000

presently 95,030 and increasing

Quote from: Chandu141 on Today at 04:46:13 PM
Damn again i see this ...

Warning: Unknown block versions being mined! It's possible unknown rules are in effect

also my transaction stuck from 8 hours  Undecided  do i need to pay more free from now on ?  Cry

https://blockexplorer.com/address/19kG9nu34WRLm5aw138w5m7Hen793LpkbH

Savik

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 05:42:34 PM

╥Aztek

Warning: Unknown block versions being mined! It's possible unknown rules are in effect

also my transaction stuck from 8 hours  Undecided  do i need to pay more free from now on ?  Cry

We're quickly approaching a point where BTC is effectively unusable and stuck in place. What value does a commodity have if it isn't transferable? I'll give you my BTC in 60hrs or I'll give you my BCH right now.

johnsmithx

Activity: 589
Merit: 507

I don't buy nor sell anything here and never will.

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 06:04:50 PM

We're quickly approaching a point where BTC is effectively unusable and stuck in place. What value does a commodity have if it isn't transferable? I'll give you my BTC in 60hrs or I'll give you my BCH right now.

Lies and bullshit. BTC is perfectly usable and perfectly transferable. If you don't want to pay enough tx fee then don't use it. All the rest of us have no problem whatsoever.

My list of 43(+3) reviewed Bitcoin forks | You don't have to download the pre-fork blockchain again for each fork! | Beware of fraudulent AWS accounts sellers and dangerous edu AWS codes! + My personal list of legit sellers and scammers | Never publicly reveal your btc addresses, ownership or any other details and stay very far away from anybody who asks you to! | The general rule of safe buying is: if the seller is a newbie, with no reputation, with no topic nor trust feedback, offering no vouches and/or selling from a locked or self-moderated topic and unwilling to go first or use escrow => AVOID. Always check the trust feedback first and make sure that you have enabled "Show untrusted feedback by default" in "Profile / Forum Profile Information".
mcfom
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 06:16:59 PM

Lies and bullshit. BTC is perfectly usable and perfectly transferable. If you don't want to pay enough tx fee then don't use it. All the rest of us have no problem whatsoever.

Agreed with you this topic is full of BS created only to spread the lies and attack on bitcoin. All people are aware of this nothing can reach at the level of adoption of this superior tech. Bitcoin will remain always on top of the market and will hit $10k very soon.
x2666

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 06:19:17 PM

Quote from: x2666

And finally, what one considers Bitcoin is now open to interpretation and simply because one fork managed to politically keep the ticker BTC does not mean that it is in some way more or less inherently entitled to the name of the main chain.

BCH is Bitcoin

BTC is Bitcoin

If a tree has two branches, you do not consider the two branches to be separate from the tree. At the time of the split, there was no "correct" main chain, just the one which was perceived to be the main chain because they used their political positioning to maintain the original ticker of btc. The valuation of these two forks is in flux, people are still struggling to grasp the technological, political, and economic concepts at play here. There is no clear winner yet, this will take months to settle.

BTC split from "The" Bitcoin chain via segwit.

BCH split from "The" Bitcoin chain via raising the block size.

Both forks implemented changes, thus while one kept the stock ticker of BTC and the infrastructure built around the BTC ticker on trade platforms, it is not inherently the defacto Bitcoin.

If BCH manages to maintain the majority hashing power and prices rise to support it, it will become the chain which is used and referred to as the main Bitcoin.

Obviously, this could not happen within the same day of launch, or week, or maybe even month or months. This will take some time to play out. Right now there is a great deal of uncertainty among investors, traders, and miners.

A great deal hold both of their coins, BTC and BCH and use BTC + BCH to calculate the overall bitcoin price, which is a sensible way of understanding this.

Finally, when somebody says Bitcoin, it is now a general term which could be perceived to mean BCH or BTC.

There is a lot of doublespeak around this situation, many people are vocal about supporting one side while others are silent and willing to follow whichever appears to be 'winning'. This is like poker, people may not want to telegraph their moves because there is no clear advantage in doing so. Only time can tell where this leads.

+ 1000  !!!

Thank you for the +1000, how do I redeem it? Quoted because I think this answers just about every discussion in every new page of this thread. I am vehemently opposed to the ludicrously high tax fees btc is trying to impose and see core, segwit as the hostile actors taking over Bitcoin.

Oh wow, two baseless attacks on Bitcoin Cash in a row on a new page. Yep, it's about that time again, time to bring back the truth.

BitcoinTalk is a highly censored cesspool primarily serving as a vehicle to operate scams.
Pointing out truth or straying from the promoted narrative will be met with shills spouting non sequiturs.
Trust ratings are meaningless as those who control them are not worthy of trust.
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2017, 06:34:42 PM

╥Aztek

And the next difficulty adjustment will see BTC drop by probably 30-40% maybe more possibly over 100% it all depends on how BCH games the emergency difficulty bug/loophole and this will bring the normal speed back and forcing BCH further down just to remain profitable plus as people start getting given segwit addresses will allow more transactions per block

Technically BTC has already mined a block greater than 1MB which means it had some segwit transactions in it and this will just get larger as more and more start using segwit addresses
winding-coils

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 06:54:24 PM

Yet the unconfirmed pool grows, and how long will the hash stay with BTC until the EDA swings it back to BCH favor, this is an interesting chess match and I enjoy reading the theories and comments.
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2017, 07:03:56 PM

Yet the unconfirmed pool grows, and how long will the hash stay with BTC until the EDA swings it back to BCH favor, this is an interesting chess match and I enjoy reading the theories and comments.

Well so far more stayed this time than last because BCH only gained a small profibility boost the difficulty will rise by 300% again in the next day or so and most if not all will switch back until the EDA kicks in but it will now need to drop further to be profitable so if things keep repeating like this you will get to the point of going through a full difficulty cycle in under 24h while the BTC difficulty slowly drops.

Like I've said before the BCH difficulty will get to the point it's so low any miner will be able to donate a small amount of hashing power to stop the EDA happening and making BCH very highly unprofitable

Right now it's all speculation but that's how I see it being played out
classicsucks

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 07:16:42 PM

The unconfirmed transaction log is growing faster than they confirmations. Death spiral has been initiated. I see how this plays out, no matter how long it takes.

The only death spiral we can foresee is that of BCH,where miners are abusing difficulty to keep the coin price relevant

https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@ashr/btc-death-spiral-don-t-buy-the-fud

That's a really poorly written article, the argument is basically "BCH fails becuz MANIPULATION" over and over. The author has no background on the difficulty adjustment algos out there - many coins now adjust the difficulty on EVERY BLOCK, specifically to AVOID miner manipulation. So his conclusion is exactly 100% wrong.

The EDA (Emergency Difficulty Adjustment) can cause a fluctuating hashrate, so what?  The block times for BCH can vary, again, so what? The point is, the blocks are NOT FULL and the FEES ARE FAR LOWER on BCH.

The full mempool and decreasing block times for BTC lead to a death spiral if the diff is not adjusted soon enough. And those weaknesses are plain to see right now.

Last week, BTC almost ground to a halt due to the hashpower shifts. The miners essentially "issued a warning". The BCH blockchain is longer now.

Kore and Blockstream are in way over their heads, they're clueless clowns at this point.

mt55

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 07:26:19 PM

guys , watch segshitcoin lose buy support now and
watch the huge buy support come in for bitcoin cash... Wink

I am sure that Segshitcoin will be around for a very loooong time Wink And they will ultimately resolve scalability issues. Eventually, the strong security is a very important pro, which Bitcoin cash will never reach.

Strong security!?

That's exactly why we have BCC!?

FTR I'm in "both moon" camp.

Security is a function of the hashrate (among other parameters). In terms of that, BCC is absolutely tiny compared to BTC.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
zinkla

Activity: 113
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 08:21:30 PM

Its not usable for micro payment.

Pages: « 1 ... 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 [238] 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 ... 937 »
  Print  

Jump to: