Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:31:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ### A ChainWorks Industries (CWI) Project - CWIgm | Simple Powerful Stable  (Read 67708 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 09:11:19 AM

And again... words....words... Its so simple dont announce anything before its ready, dont give promises and dont make people expect something that there is a chance you cant provide. Its not fail the developers left, fail is the way you served the information. You have amazing novel writing skills but extremely poor marketing ones. I've(probably everyone) also started projects in life which i couldnt finish but havnt let anyone expectations down because only a close circle about them.

WHERE ARE THE PROMISES?

Where?

There are NO promises EVER given here unless there are EXACT times and dates we KNOW will happen.

As for marketing - we are technical people here, and technical ONLY. So when YOU get your facts straight AND are respectful in the ways of getting something for FREE and getting off your high horse over your expectations, NOT our promises, then your future posts will not be deleted. Till then, ONLY facts will be tolerated from your posts.

This is CLOSED BETA so NO promises were EVER given, and if YOU expect anything from a beta program and system, then YOU are the one letting yourself down, not us.

Stop this drivel mate, because it does nothing at all for the progression of this project, or the time wastage of mine and anyone else involved. WE provided this as a BETA TEST, nothing more, so when YOU PAY for this service, then and only then EXPECT to have something. Your ignorance is completely disturbing, and so is your level of arrogance.

When you come up with FACTS about these so called promises and public distribution of the miner, as well as the money asked for it (ie the SALE of the product where you become a CUSTOMER not a VOLUNTEER), THEN you will have a point. Till then, your posts are MOOT and will be removed if they have nothing to do with the progression of this, or any other project we have!

BTW - it is NEVER the fault of the company who have to cater for the Developers greed. He has moved to a another group that are mining the hell out of the coins he is now optimizing for THEM. As it stands, you obviously don;t see the issue here with this, because as closed minded people go, you are royalty. I will show you this point I am making. This other group are a bunch of miners that are MUCH bigger than most of the mining groups out there, and his optimizations will mean LESS for you to do anything about, especially considering they will be the ONLY ones that benefit from this, NOT the mining community. Unlike us who were building something for the mining community for a more even playing field for the ENTIRE community.

We WILL find someone else, and we WILL continue, but it will be THEN and only THEN that we do, not when you decide it is a proper time to because of some fantasy you have that we promised anything at all to anyone.

Simple process - hard for you to understand ... go figure!

#crysx

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
e6ug

Activity: 773
Merit: 508

Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:17:21 PM

And again... words....words... Its so simple dont announce anything before its ready, dont give promises and dont make people expect something that there is a chance you cant provide. Its not fail the developers left, fail is the way you served the information. You have amazing novel writing skills but extremely poor marketing ones. I've(probably everyone) also started projects in life which i couldnt finish but havnt let anyone expectations down because only a close circle about them.

why you keep busting his balls? seriously, if they release it that is great for us miners, if not you can always throw your money at sp. 

zorvalth

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:03:46 PM

Sorry but cant spare more time than reading just the first 3 rows of your next novel. the rest are self explaining. Also dont have the time to go through all your mega posts and counting word "soon" since October.

p.s. anything longer than 3 rows i wont read so dont waste your time unless you need to train your writing skills again. Following this thread sometimes i wonder is this a technical forum or novelist forum :-D
Boriss

Activity: 728
Merit: 115

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 11:37:28 AM

I think more than anything miners are just disappointed because we loved cwigm-0.9.8. 

not sure why you think you have to revolutionize the mining ecosystem?  just add a few algos like "timetravel10"  keep them tied to your pools, and lets rock!  Wink

We are not looking at revolutionizing the ecosystem, just improving it.

No use reinventing the wheel, just make a much better one Wink

So we are doing just that.

#crysx

I liked first version very much, with so nice structured data on one page, If you decide to make new beta testing group I would gladly join.

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 12:41:19 PM

Sorry but cant spare more time than reading just the first 3 rows of your next novel. the rest are self explaining. Also dont have the time to go through all your mega posts and counting word "soon" since October.

p.s. anything longer than 3 rows i wont read so dont waste your time unless you need to train your writing skills again. Following this thread sometimes i wonder is this a technical forum or novelist forum :-D

No problem.

So your attention span is that of a three year old, and you want to be treated like an intelligent adult? Yup - that's going to happen!

You will no longer be posting with any validity here - trust me on this one. The only reason I am not deleting these posts is for the chance to redeem yourself, which you have failed miserably.

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 12:43:28 PM

why you keep busting his balls? seriously, if they release it that is great for us miners, if not you can always throw your money at sp. 

I can assure you this much.

If we have a good CUDA Developer on our team once again, it will be because he will care for the mining community as much as we do, and not just for the money. We will then release the next miner.

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 12:58:56 PM

I think more than anything miners are just disappointed because we loved cwigm-0.9.8.  

not sure why you think you have to revolutionize the mining ecosystem?  just add a few algos like "timetravel10"  keep them tied to your pools, and lets rock!  Wink

We are not looking at revolutionizing the ecosystem, just improving it.

No use reinventing the wheel, just make a much better one Wink

So we are doing just that.

#crysx

I liked first version very much, with so nice structured data on one page, If you decide to make new beta testing group I would gladly join.

Thanks Boriss.

I tell you what - if there is anyone (or people) that can help me (as I need to do this myself - the code will not be given out) to compile in Windows 10, or cross compile in linux (will have to be in Centos 7 or Fedora 27), we will release CWIgm-0.9.9 in it's 'almost' finished form. The old dev has no interest in helping with this any longer, so we need to either shelve this, or move forward with it. I chose to shelve it, but if there is enough help here, let's look at releasing the next revision to the public.

If this can be done and done to secure the software, then the next revision will be released with the optimizations of more than 7Algos already in this revision 0.9.9. This revision also has the estimate of coins, as well as estimation of how much BTC would be earned based on the current BTC value, all shown on the stats page. This revision also has a full web stats page that can be accessed by a browser, so that you can keep an eye on every miner you have from anywhere in the world, as long as you have the port open, the miner set to run on that port, and a browser.

In fact, over the next few days, I will post some of these features here.

The feature list in this miner is extensive, and as such, we have been reluctant to release to the beta community without thorough testing, but since the original dev is no longer interested in continuing with it, the consideration of releasing the Linux version is on the table also.

The way I see it, if the previous dev has no interest any longer, then the miner is of little use if it cannot be continually developed. This is unfortunate, but there are very few devs interested in developing FOR the community rather than their own pockets first (especially the last one - which is why we are in this situation in the first place).

Just to be clear, I even offered him a job with a small base salary to begin with, which would increase to more than what most devs his level are paid, and he still refused, so that is that for me.

Why is this being exposed? Because it means little to us about the money, and means everything to us about the development and the progression of the miner alone. That is it.

If there is a developer out there that DOES wish to continue with this, I will be all ears. If not, a decision will be made based upon what I have written above.

There is just way too much on my plate now with the developments that have been happening and will continue to happen with CWI, that I cannot spend any more time on this, and will be happy to work with or sell the project. Keeping in mind that the optimizations in this miner are second to none. The dev that created this and has worked on it, is a well known dev, and one of the best in his trade. His code has been used and copied by all the other devs known today, and CWIgm is THE miner that is like no other that has been design and created by him for us. Still to this day I do not mention his name ONLY because he asked me not to, though there is nothing legally binding to continue to do so. Note - if this is the direction we take, we will not sell the miner - we will sell the entire project for the right people IF I decide that is the road we take. This is all still up in the air.

As for the scumbag imbecile trolls out there (yes the ones I have deleted posts and will continue to do so), you are not the reason for these considerations, it is the actual dev himself that has me thinking about these routes. If the man himself doesn't give a damn about the work that has been poured into this miner (over a year), then we should move on one of those routes I have suggested above.

It would be great to hear what people think, and I will consider it all with careful consideration.

Thanks,

#crysx

zorvalth

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:37:20 PM

If we have a good CUDA Developer on our team once again, it will be because he will care for the mining community as much as we do, and not just for the money. We will then release the next miner.

#crysx

Amazing Cheesy
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 08:49:48 AM

#crysx

Amazing Cheesy

It certainly is.

Whether you like it or not, we have done as much as we can so far, WITHOUT payment or financial gain of any sort FOR the community. We started this project FOR the community, even though we could have kept it completely internal and to ourselves only. It is OUR software, so we do what we will with it, but decided to release a first closed beta, then a second closed beta. The third is suspended pending a decision to be made regarding the miner.

If you don't like it, don't use it, and don't complain that it isn't released. Instead, go buy that other scumbag copycats software that he steals from everyone else and sells to the public, undermining EVERYTHING that crypto stands for in the first place.

Simple,

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 09:02:08 AM

Didn't see this message.

But yup - throw money at that copycat scumbag that has made more money than most of the miners he says he helps.

If we had the almost 300,000AUD he has made out of the copies of other peoples work, then it would be easy for us to continue with the development. We don't make that money, and certainly refuse to create mostly fake 'increases' just to take peoples hard earned money. He has, and continues to, sucker people in. Which has to change, but we need to have a CUDA dev that WILL work with us for this one goal of releasing a miner that is rock solid in stability, and blazing fast in performance. We succeeded in doing that twice before. I am personally just holding back the third due to the circumstances we are in currently.

If there is anything we CAN do, we will. Otherwise we will just keep consideration for all the points we have made for the future of CWIgm.

Ultimately, it is our decision, and our responsibility that NO ONE has a say in unless we ask for it. Just like the scumbags private copied work.

#crysx

pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:04:40 AM

Then why not release it on github so we can all work on it? That will kill the copycat scumbag.
I assume there is GPL inside it, that's why ;-)

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 09:14:33 AM

Then why not release it on github so we can all work on it? That will kill the copycat scumbag.
I assume there is GPL inside it, that's why ;-)

No chance pallas.

GPL is what allows the scumbag to do what he does.

GPL source it to have him copy ALL the miner code (not just parts of it) so that he can make his fake 'optimizations' and resell it as HIS work? No way mate.

Assumptions are what they are.

If a full withdrawal of the code is required, then it will be done. That is the right we carry for ALL software, including GPL software. If this code is released, then what stops the scumbag for doing what he continues to do, but make a million dollars this time out of OUR code? ... NOTHING stops him, that's what. No one is policing his money making efforts, and he continues to grow in a way that no one really understands, except us that are/were involved with him and his cheating ways.

We have a fully optimized private miner based completely on ccminer code - yet we break no GPL code because we do not release or sell that miners binaries. This ccminer is much faster in almost ALL algorithms that the scumbag has, and STILL we don't release it, STILL not breaking the GPL License.

Outside of that, you as a coder yourself, knows what can happen when YOUR optimizations are taken and used for the scumbags profiteering ways. Then again, you are not really a CUDA coder per se, but a good openCL one, so unless you get affected like CUDA coders do because of what he does, then you really don;t understand how disgustingly bad the copying of YOUR hard work for HIS gain really is.

YOU however are more than welcome to join us in the SGMiner code and optimizations, which we would gladly incorporate into our projects and release in full if you like. We would open up the entire CWI infrastructure which is currently being rebuilt as we type. The door is always open to you, or are you still too busy to join us?

Wink

BTW - one point I really do need to make here is this. CWIgm is ONE part of the CWI-EcoSystem, and CWI in the last few months has grown more than 10 times what it was in December last year NOT from the miner, but from the other 6 segments of the business. Yes, the optimizations have helped, but are not the main source of our income currently, which seems to be the bane of our existence at the moment. CWIgm is ONE project out of 7 projects we have concurrently running and being worked on. So we can suspend this if need be, sell the entire project, or find a CUDA developer that is willing to further the code into something WE want to present to the mining community. Out of all those options, it still means we will be looking at the better option for the Company as a whole, not just the project as a single entity.

What does one do in a situation where multiple branches of a tree are growing and producing fruit, then one branch starts to rot and produces nothing?

We have to look at all our options, including the withdrawal or sale of the project. Also, we have legal counsel advising us of what we are entitled and not entitled to do, and we are within our legal rights with what we are doing, no matter which way we go with this. IP Attorneys are the advisers, and I can guarantee that the course of action we are taking with all our projects, are legally covered in every sense. Unlike the scumbag who blatantly steals code and resells for his own gain and pocket.

#crysx

pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:23:34 AM

Actually I've been working on cuda for at least 3 times what I did on opencl.
What I want to bring to everyone attention is that sp_ can make money because the actual public source is less optimised than a lot of private sources. That's why he can add 5% or more to it.
If anyone would release one such private miner sources (like cwigm or hsrminer), sp_ will be left with max 2% to work with: not enough to profit and people will not buy his miners.
This is the only way to stop sp_: close the gap.

And if people are asking why once this gap was less than it is now, the answer is that the miners didn't support the developers enough.
Greed destroyed the opensource miner environment and made sp_ a lot of money. And not only him.

Branko

Activity: 2450
Merit: 318

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:34:08 AM

Sucks to be latecomer so we can't follow this soap opera knowing who is scumbag, and who is sp_, and
maybe some other less important actors Cheesy
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 09:37:53 AM

Actually I've been working on cuda for at least 3 times what I did on opencl.
What I want to bring to everyone attention is that sp_ can make money because the actual public source is less optimised than a lot of private sources. That's why he can add 5% or more to it.
If anyone would release one such private miner sources (like cwigm or hsrminer), sp_ will be left with max 2% to work with: not enough to profit and people will not buy his miners.
This is the only way to stop sp_: close the gap.

And if people are asking why once this gap was less than it is now, the answer is that the miners didn't support the developers enough.
Greed destroyed the opensource miner environment and made sp_ a lot of money. And not only him.

Well,

I agree to a large extent, but also the timing.

Rune pushed his pretend optimizations into everyones face when there was a HUGE influx of new and unsuspecting people entering Crypto. These people had NO IDEA what they were getting themselves into, and as such, a sly scumbag like him can market himself MUCH better than those that don;t market at all, like yourself and tpruvot for example. The old Beta/VHS marketing issue all over again. Beta was FAR superior in tech, but VHS became the norm because of the marketing power it had backing it. Same with Microsoft Windows and OSX and so forth.

Timing plays a massive part in this industry because only a small percentage of people entering it, know what they are doing, unlike people like us, who have been in it since almost the beginning.

So he is more a marketer than anything else, where you are a coder, that does not market. Who do you think will win the 'fill my pockets with money' race?

In any case, I actually had no idea about your CUDA skillset. The offer is still open whether you are uptodate or not, and if that is the case, then two CUDA developers that are as skilled as one another, would make things happen a LOT faster than normal. The community win in the end, and we get to do away with the likes of scumbag and his minions, and produce something of REAL value.

The point of all this is simple. Miner SHOULD have a better way of doing things, even though one of our aims originally was to setup a private miner to grow CWI so that we can get big enough to DO something about it all. Money is the core of what sets these sorts of things in motion unfortunately. I have pushed the other components of CWI in another direction to make our money elsewhere, where we don't have to rely on just theFARM growth to bring the cashflow, and settled on more regular forms of income making projects instead. Soon, we will have the cashflow to employ permanently, those that will be worth the trouble of fighting for, and against in every level of mining and business.

So the creation of a proprietary miner, which was our goal at the start of this project, will mean protection AGAINST scumbags, and allow for a more steady development of a better miner for all.

BTW - I am still aiming at coming over to Italy for that coffee mate. It will be sometime near the end of the year, after I get married Wink

We can either chat more soon, or leave it for much later. As usual, it is always up to you.

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 09:40:59 AM

Sucks to be latecomer so we can't follow this soap opera knowing who is scumbag, and who is sp_, and

Simple ...

sp_ = scumbag = Rune Stensland - of Norway.

Look up his thread (sp-mod), and see for yourself how much he has screwed the community (including me when I was first starting) out of BTC for copying other peoples work and reselling the real developers with his 'code playing' and 'tweaks' he call optimizations, to the public, for his own benefit.

#crysx

e6ug

Activity: 773
Merit: 508

Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:56:31 PM

Simple ...

sp_ = scumbag = Rune Stensland - of Norway.

Look up his thread (sp-mod), and see for yourself how much he has screwed the community (including me when I was first starting) out of BTC for copying other peoples work and reselling the real developers with his 'code playing' and 'tweaks' he call optimizations, to the public, for his own benefit.

#crysx

and now he is only selling to large farms... we need a mining savior for the small miners.

john1010

Activity: 2086
Merit: 562

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 03:08:33 AM

Look interesting, i will follow this thread, I hope i can get the solution here to my rx 500 series,  Is it okay to use with a 5gpu's?

hi john1010 ...

as posted - the current miner is nvidia based only at the moment - and tested on the maxwell / pascal series cards so far ...

the amd cards are not yet supported by the miner ... that is a future development we are aiming at - tho will not eventuate for some time yet - as our beta testing module for CWIgm is for stability rather than hashrate for the time being ...

CWIgm 'should' cater for all the video cards your OS / video driver and BIOS can handle ...

but again - thats what this closed testing is all about ...

#crysx

hey admin I just want to followup this conversation of ours, any update about the AMD cards?
Boriss

Activity: 728
Merit: 115

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 07:46:58 AM

Look interesting, i will follow this thread, I hope i can get the solution here to my rx 500 series,  Is it okay to use with a 5gpu's?

hi john1010 ...

as posted - the current miner is nvidia based only at the moment - and tested on the maxwell / pascal series cards so far ...

the amd cards are not yet supported by the miner ... that is a future development we are aiming at - tho will not eventuate for some time yet - as our beta testing module for CWIgm is for stability rather than hashrate for the time being ...

CWIgm 'should' cater for all the video cards your OS / video driver and BIOS can handle ...

#crysx

hey admin I just want to followup this conversation of ours, any update about the AMD cards?

You are referencing to an old post from last year, plans have changed from that time so answer is probably" NO"

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 11:23:31 AM

hi john1010 ...

#crysx

You are referencing to an old post from last year, plans have changed from that time so answer is probably" NO"

Correct.

As of a few months ago now, the project has been suspending pending the result of a decision that has yet to be finalized about the fate of the miner.

#crysx

Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: