Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:51:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 616 »
  Print  
Author Topic: UTRUST  (Read 313895 times)
FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 06:45:41 PM

I've read the white paper. The bi-monthly rebalancing and core mechanics seem really promising. Then I got to the atom bomb that says Im not allowed because I'm in the U.S.

Heartbreaking.

I almost want to back the ICO anyway, but it would really hurt to lose 2k like that when I was properly warned ahead of time.

Indeed US citizens are not allowed to take part of this ICO.
It's a shame! A lot of great ICO's would get a lot more funds if US was allowed.

But I always wondered: what if you do buy tokens as US citizen? What cant you do?
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 06:46:09 PM

anyone here know the feel when paypal how more than 1k8$ from your account just because some strange report me. even they not use my design service.

What did they do? Did PayPal remove over $1000 from your balance? How is it even legally possible that they can take money or freeze accounts willy-nilly?
Korsakopf

Activity: 210
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 06:46:59 PM

Utrust has to make sure to have a good customers support since this is a problem for may platforms these days. They will have to have a short response time to solve all users problems  and keep up with fixing bugs.

I think a lot of things can be automated, like when a customer isn't satisfied with a product. But for some things i do agree there will need to be customer support, and there is nothing more devastating to a reputation then bad customer service.
ParRus

Activity: 490
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 06:50:25 PM

I've read the white paper. The bi-monthly rebalancing and core mechanics seem really promising. Then I got to the atom bomb that says Im not allowed because I'm in the U.S.

Heartbreaking.

I almost want to back the ICO anyway, but it would really hurt to lose 2k like that when I was properly warned ahead of time.

It's a shame! A lot of great ICO's would get a lot more funds if US was allowed.

But I always wondered: what if you do buy tokens as US citizen? What cant you do?
I'm thinking, but what prevents residents of the USA using VPN for example?  Roll Eyes
because this ban is essentially just a formal one, and programmatically it is unlikely to be banned at least for now
Mystic dream

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 06:51:29 PM

hello i follow this campaign already three weeks, hopefully this project can grow and can compete in world,
thank you
Elkmar

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 07:12:05 PM

Utrust has to make sure to have a good customers support since this is a problem for may platforms these days. They will have to have a short response time to solve all users problems  and keep up with fixing bugs.

Weel, with the funds they got, they have no excuses to not have a good one.
candymonkey

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 07:13:29 PM

Another huge plus is a low commission for the seller, only at 1%, and compared to PayPal at least 2.9%, and sometimes more than 5%.
There are also advantages that a large number of crypto-currencies are accepted, such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Dash and so on ...
Have a nice day, everyone!!!
marcus1986

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 07:16:15 PM

Heartbreaking.

I'm thinking, but what prevents residents of the USA using VPN for example?  Roll Eyes
because this ban is essentially just a formal one, and programmatically it is unlikely to be banned at least for now

In my opinion, nothing can prevent from using VPN by these people. But its decision was made by devs and their ICO means their rules.
haxllega

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 07:24:50 PM

Nothing wrong if they try to compare this to paypal or any other online payments, every platform/project/etc. is influenced by other other project and made them better. I think Utrust will be able to compete and be better platform for online gateway and payments.

Even if Paypal would adopt crypto payments, they would have to drop their fees in order to convince customers to use their platform and not Utrust.

it's true that Paypal has an advantage as being an established brand, but if they take their sweet time to enter the crypto market, they'll find that that advantage goes away real quick in favor of Utrust.

I agree, though Paypal has been in the industry for some time now but venturing into cryptocurrency is another story. The had to adjust to it because of course using cryptocurrencies usually has lesser fees compared to the more established Paypal. I t could be a friendly competition and UTRUST can maybe learn something from Paypal and vice versa.

Online retailers can add PayPal along with UTrust, if one day PayPal will add cryptos, not only they will have high fees because they'll to use a third party, I think they'll add only major currencies (Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Dogecoin with GoCoin, Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ether with Coinbase)

Well if UTrust starts before PayPal integrate crypto payments, and build up already enough customers, their should be no problem for UTrust at all. I more likely see a problem for Paypal then to get a step into crypto.

And even if paypal enters into the kryptomarket, their should be enough room for both of them, like many telephone-companies, movie-companies, coinexchanges,  VISA, AMEX and so on can coexist, I am sure.

Right, and there are lots of reasons why myself am looking for alternatives to paypal, for example, they have frozen accounts a lot.
Yes, that is the main problem with Paypal. They freeze accounts of political incorrect people and establish government interfaces. Payment should be decentralized!
I also know some YouTubers who experienced this freezes some time ago.
yes,i also experienced it..i have some hard timw with paypal back then.. I hope this platform will not be like paypals service..
Did you also do political content which interferes with the mainstream? Somethimes it feels like being in a dictatorship in my country.

Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 07:33:54 PM

anyone here know the feel when paypal how more than 1k8$ from your account just because some strange report me. even they not use my design service.

What did they do? Did PayPal remove over $1000 from your balance? How is it even legally possible that they can take money or freeze accounts willy-nilly?

Usually it works this way. Buyer purchases your item, then files a chargeback against the credit card company. The money you got from that buyer is then taken out of your PayPal account.
teamcryptonator

Activity: 749
Merit: 503

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 07:40:26 PM

It's october first and the ICO of Utrust coming. All the best for the Dev and it's team for the success of this project, Project really is really promising if implemented in time with high security for it's users and friendly interface for using different crypto to pay , low fees and it'll be better against paypal since it said it will not cater charge back that mostly sellers encounter in paypal. Really hoping for the success of this project and can't wait to participate in ICO  
Exactly, paypal (which is their biggest competitor) have got ridiculously high fees and requires too much hassle to set it up. Utrust can make it so much easier and faster
you are right paypal is no match with utrust,paypal have very high fee,risk of chargeback strange requests of documents on big transactions,so i think utrust will become number one in the  field of fast transactions...
Exactly, Paypal is too complicated and too regulated. As far as I know they even can hold your payment if they want to.

Yes based on my experience they freeze my account for no reason. freezing my account for $100?? that's the problem of Paypal. so i want a new platform that will give me satisfaction. well in fact UTRUST is the one i'm looking for.
That is the problem and bad point of Paypal services, if we can find other payment method can solve those problems, I think Utrust really one of project promising to does that. Although Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies also can do that, but the security for user can not compare to PayPal, we usually need have Escrow when create deal.

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
..Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network.
.........GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )..........

.WHITE PAPER.  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
Heimer

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 07:45:50 PM

Heartbreaking.

In my opinion, nothing can prevent from using VPN by these people. But its decision was made by devs and their ICO means their rules.
This is good news - more people will be able to invest in UTrust. Blockchain is decentralized so government can't block investing or spending your ETH/BTC
Zocadas

Activity: 909
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 07:50:56 PM

Yes, UTRUST could eleminate the problems of PayPal payments, so that it could as additional effect enlarge the acceptance of cryptocurrency payments. Wish you great success with your project.
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 08:01:19 PM

Usually it works this way. Buyer purchases your item, then files a chargeback against the credit card company. The money you got from that buyer is then taken out of your PayPal account.

Oh yeah, I have heard of that. It is a big problem for merchants selling digital goods, especially those without DRM. The buyer can do a chargeback after copying the data.

It is even worse when stolen credit cards are involved. For example, the game publisher TinyBuild claims that people bought their games in their webshop with stolen credit cards who then performed chargebacks and resold the keys on the grey market G2A. Then the story gets a bit fuzzy. I think TinyBuild could revoke the keys, but the end-users bought them in good faith on G2A, so that could backfire.

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2016/06/g2a-fires-back-at-developer-gives-them-three-days-to-provide-suspicious-keys/

Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 08:16:11 PM

Oh yeah, I have heard of that. It is a big problem for merchants selling digital goods, especially those without DRM. The buyer can do a chargeback after copying the data.

It is even worse when stolen credit cards are involved. For example, the game publisher TinyBuild claims that people bought their games in their webshop with stolen credit cards who then performed chargebacks and resold the keys on the grey market G2A. Then the story gets a bit fuzzy. I think TinyBuild could revoke the keys, but the end-users bought them in good faith on G2A, so that could backfire.

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2016/06/g2a-fires-back-at-developer-gives-them-three-days-to-provide-suspicious-keys/

I had also a first hand experience with that. Sold some digital goods from a game, buyer pays with a stolen credit card. Money got chargebacked. Case closed and nothing I could do about it. Lost only around $100 but it still bothers me. Since then I started to sell for BTC and got involved in the cryptoworld and here I am  Grin
greatteager

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 08:45:28 PM

I had also a first hand experience with that. Sold some digital goods from a game, buyer pays with a stolen credit card. Money got chargebacked. Case closed and nothing I could do about it. Lost only around $100 but it still bothers me. Since then I started to sell for BTC and got involved in the cryptoworld and here I am  Grin

With this approach, PayPal will not be in demand. There is a new era of crypto-currency, who will not go to the blockchain that will die out like a dinosaur Smiley
DanF20

Activity: 52
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 08:51:11 PM

Yes, UTRUST could eleminate the problems of PayPal payments, so that it could as additional effect enlarge the acceptance of cryptocurrency payments. Wish you great success with your project.

Yes sir, i saw the whitepaper and its ao amazing that uTrust is better than paypal that serve as common online money transfer for everyone. If utrust is better than paypal then it means that this is the best system that we have in the future for our online payment transactions.
Drokzid

Activity: 930
Merit: 257

HAIL THE KING!

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2017, 08:55:37 PM

where do you post announce
If you want to receive the latest UTRUST news you should follow this ANN thread, on Twitter or join their Slack Channel for announcements.

BTC IS KING!
FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 09:02:41 PM

Yes sir, i saw the whitepaper and its ao amazing that uTrust is better than paypal that serve as common online money transfer for everyone. If utrust is better than paypal then it means that this is the best system that we have in the future for our online payment transactions.

You are right about that DanF20 Smiley
UTRUST will be the future of online payment, it will just take some time. This is a great project with a healty future. Cant wait for taking part in the crowdsale. Great work team!
Heimer

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 09:04:38 PM

I'm really hoping that someday Utrust will replace Paypal. This maybe 2 years from now or 10 years but it's totally possible  Cool
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 616 »
  Print  

Jump to: