Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 01:59:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When will banks start a war against bitcoin  (Read 16173 times)
hotcoin1234

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:00:20 AM

I know we are still at a start of cryptocurrencies, but bitcoin is growing with lightning speed right now and some banks already see it as a potential threat.
There has been a lot of accusations form banks, that bitcoin is perfect for money laundering and is used for supporting crime.
I think they can do a lot of harm to bitcoin market and they will eventually start with harsh campaign against it.
Do you think it will happen and when?

I guess when BTC has a conflict of interest with the bank. As BTC is a greatly decentralize currency and bank is not and slowly over time the conflict of interest will tend to happened bank will slowly lose some percentage of their customer when people see the "good" in bitcoin and the bank will start to headache and government will step in to curb this situation and a war will start from there.
chanpinchen

Activity: 99

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:08:26 AM

When more regulations and checks to allow more transparency of its movement, put in place by governments , the banks will embrace it
Extrago

Activity: 88

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:24:51 AM

the war is already begin,some banks at least in my country start to refuse to receive wire transfers from exchanges and can even block or close the bank account
I've heard something similar, but I didn't think that that's possible. On the contrary, many banks try to adjust the earlier mentioned bitcoin and other cryptocurrenies. Just take a look at ripple.
ronremsey25

Activity: 161
Merit: 101

AI SOLUTION TO VOLATILITY IN YOUR CRYPTO SAVINGS

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:51:09 AM

Well it already starts, not a war but a refuse to accept Bitcoin. There is a scenario in my country that a bank account is order to be close because of Bitcoin transaction in the account. When the user ask the manager why they its because of that reason and there is nothing they can do about it.

RakknRoll

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:04:42 PM

Yes because the company and management of bitcoin is there big rival and threat that can affect their performance and existence in the whole world
Granxis

Activity: 1400
Merit: 536

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:04:49 PM

I believe conflict wont occurs between banks and Bitcoin. We still need to finance our business in the banks, or loans. Though have savings accounts in banks but their real source of their income is through loans. So assuming bitcoin succeeds as a currency, banks will be happy to just add it as a new currency and give to people as loan instead of real cash.

I think I like you, but in order for the banks to be able to give credit, there must be money in the bank, so without the hot money the banks can not give credit to the people. The banks only hate Bitcoin for this reason.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Ponzi Shame

Activity: 154
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:07:57 PM

I really think that it's not gonna start any war between bitcoin and banks , i think that they wil have to adapt and accept bitcoin . but everything is possible so if it will be any war it will happen, maybe, when bitcoin will become more known than it is now . and people will make payments with it.
CryptoSparks
Copper Member

Activity: 686
Merit: 39

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 10:15:39 PM

My guess is that banks will make huge profits with crypto.
 When they'll be satisfied with the gains, will start crashing them in any way, just to scare people,force regulations and later say:
"You see? we told you not to invest, come back to us!"

BTW, I hope i'm really wrong..

Chainblock

Activity: 168
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:19:34 PM

I really think that it's not gonna start any war between bitcoin and banks , i think that they wil have to adapt and accept bitcoin. But everything is possible so if it will be any war it will happen, maybe, when bitcoin will become more known than it is now. And people will make payments with it.
Ris88

Activity: 2110
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 10:20:33 PM

Without us being aware of this year, there have been many issues about bitcoin to drop it, much they do to lower the public's trust about bitcoin, its users, and all the ways they do, but it's all a mere issue to degrade the bitcoin's popularity own...
stevano

Activity: 423
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:35:10 PM

I think this kind of thing is not necessary because it will only waste time and their minds, because bitcoin users are now starting to mature and not easily provoked the situation, it would be nice if the banks try to learn the bitcoin and blockchain so they can adopt the system, then all will run without any one in disadvantage
bitcoms

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:46:45 PM

Almost all banks refuse BTC, because in the future no longer needed bank for transactions. BTC is a competitor for some types of banks that deal with sending customers money to offshore.
Wong Goblog

Activity: 310
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:11:06 PM

Banks are profit-oriented, banks feel that as long as the government banned bitcoin then does not need to do anything, and if one day the government legalizes bitcoin then banks will receive bitcoin.
Justin Dowman

Activity: 476
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:15:33 PM

I know we are still at a start of cryptocurrencies, but bitcoin is growing with lightning speed right now and some banks already see it as a potential threat.
There has been a lot of accusations form banks, that bitcoin is perfect for money laundering and is used for supporting crime.
I think they can do a lot of harm to bitcoin market and they will eventually start with harsh campaign against it.
The war is already on. From around the world comes information on cases of closing accounts
traders crypto-currencies.
Lannie25

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 12:59:56 PM

Banks will already have a war in the company of bitcoin since they see them a big rival or competitor in this industry.
I believe sooner or later from their excellence and continuous demands they receive will raise them to replace the commercial banks
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:12:27 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2018, 09:24:54 PM by mymenace

The war is fully underway

First was the bad media
Next was blocksize debate
Next the code coup - segwit, blockstream
Then the laws
Then the bans

(about this time they stole bitcoin by raiding BTC-E, corrupt ex ceo was arrested and the exchange blamed for money laundering)

Then the forks (Bcash, Bitcoingold) - confuse newbies as to what is the real bitcoin
More bad media
The credit/debit card bans
Bring the big boys out - BIS, IMF, any banker/trader to slam bitcoin

Battles to come
attack the lightning network
attack the exchanges (no real bitcoin on exchange, money laundering, corrupt, bankrupt)
More laws and bans
Media - criminality around crypto
Create competing crypto IMF/BIS global crypto coin - https://www.acchain.org/en/ (putting your assets on the blockchain)

and the war continues

Grin
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:52:02 AM

Central Banks already engaged in a war against Bitcoin is several countries.
meshow1

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:54:29 AM

If they see its a threat to them because some people nowadays relays on bitcoin and people invest on this organization and others consider that bitcoin is the best way to invest money than banks.
First77

Activity: 266
Merit: 32

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:55:55 AM

Central Banks already engaged in a war against Bitcoin is several countries.

FBI has the case of cyber criminal who has $800 million of Bitcoins. Federal agencies might come to Bitcoin.
Nexigen

Activity: 297
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:40:38 PM

While no companies against bitcoin banks have not been announced. They do not support the crypto currency, but they do not bypass it either. They study it. To use it correctly, you need to know all the information about it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: