Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:26:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Baikal Giant X10  (Read 132854 times)
momodigital

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 07:55:24 PM

difficulty d=15 is recommended by the developer of Dutch Pool over Discord Channel. I am using it without any issue.
hi there,
can i use the d=15 on xvg-mg.suprnova.cc? ive tried to set on the password field but my diff still on high.
acyclovir

Activity: 45

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 09:01:55 PM

difficulty d=15 is recommended by the developer of Dutch Pool over Discord Channel. I am using it without any issue.
thanks. which port 9986? extraounce enabled?
what i dont get is x10 according to whatstomine is more profitable with mygrosl. but mining dutch btc per Hash shows that qubit > mygrls any idea why?

stratum+tcp://myrgro.mining-dutch.nl:9986, d=21
stratum+tcp://qubit.mining-dutch.nl:6662, d=15
stratum+tcp://skein.mining-dutch.nl:9998, d=15

For me working very well
bclcjunkie

Activity: 833
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:12:30 AM

DGB will remove Qubit, Groestl & Skein. xvg is just another shitcoin that won't last long..

https://medium.com/@josiah_digibyte/digibyte-through-2018-wallets-algo-swap-and-why-you-dont-need-to-worry-about-a-fork-a22c407319d6

At this point in time it’s looking like SHA256 (Bitcoin ASICs) and Scrypt (Litecoin ASICs) will stay, and we’ll probably replace Qubit, Groestl & Skein.

We’re aware that some people have gone out and purchased things such as Groestl / Skein miners with them only having come out since November ’17, however we’re also aware there are a decent number of other blockchains that users can still use those ASIC miners on, so those with the relatively new ASICs still have other options they can pursue.
pikachuy

Activity: 544
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 11:11:31 AM

DGB will remove Qubit, Groestl & Skein. xvg is just another shitcoin that won't last long..

https://medium.com/@josiah_digibyte/digibyte-through-2018-wallets-algo-swap-and-why-you-dont-need-to-worry-about-a-fork-a22c407319d6

At this point in time it’s looking like SHA256 (Bitcoin ASICs) and Scrypt (Litecoin ASICs) will stay, and we’ll probably replace Qubit, Groestl & Skein.

We’re aware that some people have gone out and purchased things such as Groestl / Skein miners with them only having come out since November ’17, however we’re also aware there are a decent number of other blockchains that users can still use those ASIC miners on, so those with the relatively new ASICs still have other options they can pursue.

Lol, he's a hypocrite. That's like a double standard.

With the following quotes:

"By changing some of the mining algorithms, we’re going to be doing away with some (not all) ASIC mine-able algorithms so that we still get the distribution afforded to us by GPU miners."

"So why are we doing this? If we had to describe why in two words, it would be “Security” & “Decentralization”."

"At this point in time it’s looking like SHA256 (Bitcoin ASICs) and Scrypt (Litecoin ASICs) will stay, and we’ll probably replace Qubit, Groestl & Skein."

In other words, that's not Decentralization cause he favors SHA256 and Scrypt ASIC still. No body mines SHA256 and Scrypt with GPU's... LOL
Selector79

Activity: 87

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 01:34:55 PM

"By changing some of the mining algorithms, we’re going to be doing away with some (not all) ASIC mine-able algorithms so that we still get the distribution afforded to us by GPU miners."

"So why are we doing this? If we had to describe why in two words, it would be “Security” & “Decentralization”."

"At this point in time it’s looking like SHA256 (Bitcoin ASICs) and Scrypt (Litecoin ASICs) will stay, and we’ll probably replace Qubit, Groestl & Skein."

In other words, that's not Decentralization cause he favors SHA256 and Scrypt ASIC still. No body mines SHA256 and Scrypt with GPU's... LOL

But it would means a dead of X10 Mining, if they change the algo`s.   Bacause more than 100 TH/s who mine now DGB go to other coins!

But it would means a dead of X10 Mining, if they change the algo`s.   Bacause more than 100 TH/s who mine now DGB go to other coins!
wolverine5pl

Activity: 431
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 05:14:20 PM

Not happy.
Was supporting DGB. hence i bought x10. Wankers

Guys having problem.
My miner a while of mining doesnt let me to connect.
Any clue why?
Goool

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 08:59:19 PM

Price should be less than $1000 !! for such an old miner
Everything that they sell is heavy used !

BAIKAL STOP THE SCAM !!!!

Come on. They may be greedy feckers, but it's not a scam! You have a choice: buy or don't buy. At these prices, I wouldn't buy, but it's my personal choice. Just because they're overpriced (in my opinion) doesn't make it a scam!

C.

You didn't read good ....Baikal is selling heavily used miners as 'new' ... also overpriced ...
2nd after what they did with BAIKAL-N presented as a new miner and actually it was a used miner that they used for 4 months and when the discover about the fork they decide to dump them to the market .... this is the definition of SCAM.
We don't forget and we have eyes !!

Proof? Heard these rumours many times before.

FYI: I've had my Baikal for over 4 months. It looks no different and runs no different since the day I got it. So, how would one tell it's "heavily used"?

C.

Proof ?? Here you go, unscrew your 'fan'ventilator and check how lose it is ! Check the heatshink paste.

Price SCAM ... batch one was $1200 in 2017 and today 2 April 2018 they want $2699 .... SCAM !!

The day that they will put BAIKAL X10 less than $1200 i will be the 1st one to give them congrats !

Dlikrot

Activity: 228
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:09:45 PM

No wonder people get angry. Price between batch 1 and 2 until now is insane.

To btc or not to btc - that is the electrum
Hellracer

Activity: 49

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:56:14 PM

i have my x10 at Mining dutch. Multipoort, I took the verdiff port. What difference does it make when I use d = 15. currently have nothing in it.
Selector79

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:30:40 AM

Price should be less than $1000 !! for such an old miner
Everything that they sell is heavy used !

BAIKAL STOP THE SCAM !!!!

Come on. They may be greedy feckers, but it's not a scam! You have a choice: buy or don't buy. At these prices, I wouldn't buy, but it's my personal choice. Just because they're overpriced (in my opinion) doesn't make it a scam!

C.

You didn't read good ....Baikal is selling heavily used miners as 'new' ... also overpriced ...
2nd after what they did with BAIKAL-N presented as a new miner and actually it was a used miner that they used for 4 months and when the discover about the fork they decide to dump them to the market .... this is the definition of SCAM.
We don't forget and we have eyes !!

Proof? Heard these rumours many times before.

FYI: I've had my Baikal for over 4 months. It looks no different and runs no different since the day I got it. So, how would one tell it's "heavily used"?

C.

Proof ?? Here you go, unscrew your 'fan'ventilator and check how lose it is ! Check the heatshink paste.

Price SCAM ... batch one was $1200 in 2017 and today 2 April 2018 they want $2699 .... SCAM !!

The day that they will put BAIKAL X10 less than $1200 i will be the 1st one to give them congrats !

The DAY is soon and you will get on this day 0.1USD a day from X10!    Buy it ALL
MiCoSa

Activity: 201
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:03:37 AM
Last edit: April 03, 2018, 05:26:14 AM by MiCoSa

But it would means a dead of X10 Mining, if they change the algo`s.   Bacause more than 100 TH/s who mine now DGB go to other coins!

But it would means a dead of X10 Mining, if they change the algo`s.   Bacause more than 100 TH/s who mine now DGB go to other coins!
Not happy.

Guys having problem.
Any clue why?

Anyone who has the skills (unfortunately  i do not) should keep alive the old blockchain in this hardfork and keep going those algorithms. Just taking away this algos is not what the comminty wants... so we need to show to the dev team, if they do so, they will have a split like ethereum and ethereum classic... maybe they consider to do not then...
How does decentralization fot to the fact, that one persn (or maybe a few persons in the dev team) decide to stop these algorithms. This is centralization as it could not be shown better and if they do so really, i think and i hope that this is the end of Digibyte...

Removing algorithms because of decenralization reasons and keeping exactly those two asic algorithms where you have the most centralization sounds just ridiculous to me...
tomwrx

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 09:32:41 AM

Not happy.

Guys having problem.
Any clue why?

Anyone who has the skills (unfortunately  i do not) should keep alive the old blockchain in this hardfork and keep going those algorithms. Just taking away this algos is not what the comminty wants... so we need to show to the dev team, if they do so, they will have a split like ethereum and ethereum classic... maybe they consider to do not then...
How does decentralization fot to the fact, that one persn (or maybe a few persons in the dev team) decide to stop these algorithms. This is centralization as it could not be shown better and if they do so really, i think and i hope that this is the end of Digibyte...

Removing algorithms because of decenralization reasons and keeping exactly those two asic algorithms where you have the most centralization sounds just ridiculous to me...

You can keep old chain as long as you want. You will end having worthless coins, because no one will assept them - nor exchange, nor anyone. If the devs want to change algo, they will do that and no one is going to prevent that. Sad but true.

ALQO - A Decentralized, All-in-One Financial And Cloud Services Ecosystem.

https://alqo.app/
MiCoSa

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:43:30 AM

Not happy.

Guys having problem.
Any clue why?

You can keep old chain as long as you want. You will end having worthless coins, because no one will assept them - nor exchange, nor anyone. If the devs want to change algo, they will do that and no one is going to prevent that. Sad but true.

Well if you keep the old chain and make it a succesful coin, you can do, look at the forks of Bitcoin like Bitcoin Cash. The fact, that some devs just change algo is a thing, that is completely against decentralization. For me, what they are doing is just a scam. Telling they replace these algorithms, but keeping SHA256 and Scrypt, and telling the reason is decentralization. I can imagine the reason: The devs have only SHA256 and Scrypt ASIC's... In the end, there cant be any decentralization at all, if the devs can just decide to change algorithm. What other proof does anyone need for a completey centralized currency? It is not even better as Mr. Mario Draghi telling the worl he is generating 60 Billion Euro each month.
Fact for me is, that i will not support Digibyte anymore. I will wait for a good price to sell and then sell all my digibyte. In my opinion, this currency has no future with devs like this. For the beginning i will concentrate on Verge now.
Gongolo

Activity: 374
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 12:21:51 PM

Well if you keep the old chain and make it a succesful coin, you can do, look at the forks of Bitcoin like Bitcoin Cash. The fact, that some devs just change algo is a thing, that is completely against decentralization. For me, what they are doing is just a scam. Telling they replace these algorithms, but keeping SHA256 and Scrypt, and telling the reason is decentralization. I can imagine the reason: The devs have only SHA256 and Scrypt ASIC's... In the end, there cant be any decentralization at all, if the devs can just decide to change algorithm. What other proof does anyone need for a completey centralized currency? It is not even better as Mr. Mario Draghi telling the worl he is generating 60 Billion Euro each month.
Fact for me is, that i will not support Digibyte anymore. I will wait for a good price to sell and then sell all my digibyte. In my opinion, this currency has no future with devs like this. For the beginning i will concentrate on Verge now.

If I didn't read wrong, DBG will not "fork" as BTC/BCC: previous chain will simply die and there will not be any dev to keep it alive.
Except for surprises, of course.  :-)
It's a pity, yes.

MiCoSa

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:09:36 PM

If I didn't read wrong, DBG will not "fork" as BTC/BCC: previous chain will simply die and there will not be any dev to keep it alive.
Except for surprises, of course.  :-)
It's a pity, yes.

Thats what i mean. If there were any persons who would be able to keep it alive, there would be a split. Of course i dont know if there is anyone interested in. I do not have the ability, otherwise i would do...

I tried to talk with the devs in there official support channel. But they only start insulting me and deleted my threads. So there is not only no decentralization... There is also censorship. If you write something in there channel they dont want to hear, or they dont want the community to hear, they just delete it. In the end, i am happy to find out how its working there, so i can stop investing time and money in this project right now...
Goool

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:12:15 PM

Fake news about DGB !! be serious their coin has future why someone does want to fork it ?
wolf_miner
Legendary

Activity: 1018
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:17:41 PM

There is an official comunication, DGB stop using X10 algo soon https://medium.com/@josiah_digibyte/digibyte-through-2018-wallets-algo-swap-and-why-you-dont-need-to-worry-about-a-fork-a22c407319d6 .

Cheers W_M
Swayzeee

Activity: 19

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 09:41:58 PM

We got a pool we just put up today 1% fees. Mining DGB- Qubit algo. Come put your Baikal on the pool and help the littles guys out  Wink. We have been around for awhile don't scam anyone. If you don't want to mine for the chinese come to our pool you are all welcome.

http://www.minertopia.org/

Setup instructions are pretty easy..

You can also PM me if you need help.
senseless

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:53:55 AM

Did the other 2 algos for the X10 ever get released?

Selector79

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:48:13 AM

Did the other 2 algos for the X10 ever get released?

Forget it.   They promise us since november 2 new algos!  

I asked them if "soon" will be still this year!!!  NO ANSWER!!!     

DO NOT BUY SOMETHING FROM BAIKAL!!!          SCAM!!!
Pages: « 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: