Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:30:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] MOYA Networks - Bringing Data to Africa at the Speed of Light  (Read 15349 times)
Moya Networks

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:33:08 PM

Based on my experience, I was using a normal cabled internet.. it was really really slow, Download speed is always around 1-3mbps. that aint enough.. But when fiber optic cables entered our country our speed increased to 20mbps. Imagine things and the productivity with that speed.

Let's all help make the world a better place. Smiley Let's help africa.

Most of Africa accesses the internet using feature mobile phones (not smart phones). Very often the speeds are way below 1mbps. So with new mobile technologies (3G and 4G) using the Moya's High speed Broadband services data speeds are bound to increase in Africa.

Oh yeah, that's the other thing..

Below 1mbps is really a pain. So, if you guys will be able to establish in africa. How fast will their connection be?

Depends on the End Users technology (e.g. mobile, Fibre modem, WiFi). We estimate 5-20Mbps. We will have plenty of speed on our end so as the end user technologies improve some customers will be able to get speeds up to 50Mbps. Keep in mind that average African speeds is 0.4Mbps.

Thankyou for this information. That's a big difference, make it happen moya networks, we're counting on you Cheesy

We are anxious to get the project going. Thanks for your support.

from 0.4 MBPS to 5-50 Mbps, that is a huge difference! Africa must be very excited to use MOYA NETWORKS internet service.

It really is that slow!

here in the Philippines our internet connection is very slow.. our 2 giant telecommunication companies manipulate every player that enter the marker.. they monopolize the communication industries.. thats why even their service is so slow to the point cant even watch movies in the internet or download movies. we cant do anything because they are the only one that provides internet service. i hope in african countries this will not happen as well. with the help of moya network that they will provide 10-50mbps connection thats good thing..
[/quote]

when politics is involved in any aspect of technology, always expect dirty manipulation and profit-oriented mindsets. i do hope moya will have contingencies to deal with these kinds of things.
[/quote]

We are entirely focused on the project but not naive to operating on the African continent. We will keep the project fully transparent.

ZeidFreak

Activity: 200
Merit: 10

Macho Gwapito ako!

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:35:44 PM

Based on my experience, I was using a normal cabled internet.. it was really really slow, Download speed is always around 1-3mbps. that aint enough.. But when fiber optic cables entered our country our speed increased to 20mbps. Imagine things and the productivity with that speed.

Most of Africa accesses the internet using feature mobile phones (not smart phones). Very often the speeds are way below 1mbps. So with new mobile technologies (3G and 4G) using the Moya's High speed Broadband services data speeds are bound to increase in Africa.

Below 1mbps is really a pain. So, if you guys will be able to establish in africa. How fast will their connection be?

Depends on the End Users technology (e.g. mobile, Fibre modem, WiFi). We estimate 5-20Mbps. We will have plenty of speed on our end so as the end user technologies improve some customers will be able to get speeds up to 50Mbps. Keep in mind that average African speeds is 0.4Mbps.

Thankyou for this information. That's a big difference, make it happen moya networks, we're counting on you Cheesy

from 0.4 MBPS to 5-50 Mbps, that is a huge difference! Africa must be very excited to use MOYA NETWORKS internet service.

It really is that slow!

here in the Philippines our internet connection is very slow.. our 2 giant telecommunication companies manipulate every player that enter the marker.. they monopolize the communication industries.. thats why even their service is so slow to the point cant even watch movies in the internet or download movies. we cant do anything because they are the only one that provides internet service. i hope in african countries this will not happen as well. with the help of moya network that they will provide 10-50mbps connection thats good thing..
[/quote]

when politics is involved in any aspect of technology, always expect dirty manipulation and profit-oriented mindsets. i do hope moya will have contingencies to deal with these kinds of things.
[/quote]

you're right .. its not a healthy market in our end.. because that 2 giant telecommunication companies make all the profits but the service is no good at all. even chinese billionaire Jack Ma point out our internet is very slow in his recent stay here in the philippines. government should open the market if that 2 companies cant handle their service very well.
Moya Networks

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:37:07 PM

Having fast internet these days probably is the key for most successful nations, I'm not saying that africa isn't but Almost all of us rely on internet.. News, Education, Communication etc..

This is a stepping stone for the development of the country.

I hope moya network can really penetrate through the deepest parts of africa. this project is really promising. Smiley

Hello. Thanks for your interest in the project.

Africa has over 3000 tech start-ups over the last 7 years-Mainly in Kenya, South Africa and Nigeria. Some of the start-ups are developing mobile phone banking applications  for the unbanked that are being adopted worldwide. Our project is about bringing affordable high speed Internet to many African countries that need it to further develop their businesses and economies. For example, we have plans to extend the submarine capacity to Lesotho and Swaziland (two small Southern African Countries) by the end of 2019.

i think this project is look promising and i think bringing more information to Africa is a lot of help in the people living there. internet now a days is very helpful to people and to our society with one click we can find anything and any places. to further develop the continent africa we need project like this in order for them to adapt what is happening in the entire world. high speed internet can bring fortune to all developing countries in africa because now a days internet is so important in our lives. just like the blockchain technology.

Fost nailed it, fast internet means more jobs for africans since almost all of the jobs around the world can be done via remote. Also thank you zeidfreak for that information about tech start-ups, but having a tech startup without fast internet is nothing so this project MOYA NETWORK will be a big addition for those startups. Faster upload and download speed means faster work will be done.

Having fast internet these days probably is the key for most successful nations, I'm not saying that africa isn't but Almost all of us rely on internet.. News, Education, Communication etc..

This is a stepping stone for the development of the country.

I hope moya network can really penetrate through the deepest parts of africa. this project is really promising. Smiley

that is right sir almost all of us are already relying ourselves on the inernet connection. and it is needed by all countries acually that is why we have the moya network in africa for the to have a great internet connections and be updated to the happening all around the globe. big thanks to the project of the moya network.

this generation of young people relying on the internet nowadays so why african people cant do it? we need to help them to use internet as well to moya network .. with the affordable fast internet connection african people can connect to the world. new information will spread to that continent in the help of this project. promising project and good intention for helping africa. africa need to be develop just like any other country. africa maybe the richest continent someday Smiley

MOYA NETWORK connecting AFRICA to the world, i just thought that this is a very good slogan for MOYA NETWORKS because this is exactly what MOYA NETWORK does.

I agree to above comment that MOYA NETWORK aims to connect AFRICA to the world using FAST and RELIABLE internet connection. I love MOYA NETWORKS project and I hope that after AFRICA they will help more remote places.

Thanks for your support. We will keep an open mind regarding deploying our services outside of Africa Smiley

I personally agree that having fast internet is also a way to a high economic status because it really makes the people connected with the world. People in Africa can create a lot of money through the use of internet. In time they will be active in Cryptoworld that will make this Moya ICO active and strong. More power MOYA!!!

Chrypto is already gaining popularity in Africa, especially for money transfers.
raven1322

Activity: 171
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:38:20 PM

It really is that slow!

We are entirely focused on the project but not naive to operating on the African continent. We will keep the project fully transparent.

will there be any pros and cons without having a base of operations on Africa? will there be feelings of detachment in that regard?

Moya Networks

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:46:53 PM

It really is that slow!

will there be any pros and cons without having a base of operations on Africa? will there be feelings of detachment in that regard?

We are based in Johannesburg South Africa. We will have a small office in London to manage our connections to London POP. So we are fine in terms of our offices.
mmhaimhai

Activity: 532
Merit: 257

A BLOCKCHAIN SOLUTION TO DISRUPT TRADE FINANCE

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 04:07:23 PM

It really is that slow!

[/quote]

you're right .. its not a healthy market in our end.. because that 2 giant telecommunication companies make all the profits but the service is no good at all. even chinese billionaire Jack Ma point out our internet is very slow in his recent stay here in the philippines. government should open the market if that 2 companies cant handle their service very well.
[/quote]

From ph too bro internet connection really sucks..imagine how I waited (7years I guess) from the first time I try to avail ISP service and had able to avail one just last week for the reason that our area is not covered by their service..and take note I was limited to purchased a up to 5mbps plan due to same reason yet when i try running a speedtest I only get less than mbps result. Hope few years  from now moya would reach our country..lol

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Moya Networks

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 06:06:11 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2017, 10:03:19 PM by Moya Networks

It really is that slow!

[/quote]

From ph too bro internet connection really sucks..imagine how I waited (7years I guess) from the first time I try to avail ISP service and had able to avail one just last week for the reason that our area is not covered by their service..and take note I was limited to purchased a up to 5mbps plan due to same reason yet when i try running a speedtest I only get less than mbps result. Hope few years  from now moya would reach our country..lol
[/quote]

We will certainly look at partnering with companies in other parts of the world who share our vision of providing high quality data at reasonable prices.

yrrehc16

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 06:24:12 PM

if you can get the connection on that country as fast as you promise what will be the total cost of it for the people ?
there are many connection now like fiber dsl and what so ever! what are you plans on this and what are you gonna use ! will 5G be available or maybe higher ?
santino11

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:00:52 PM

in this thread  i look statement about the token sale in 2017 but in 2018 the customer will be grow, maybe you can explain more about the mean it (customer grow), explain just little about the mean 

Hi. As you know we are holding the ICO in 2017 to raise funds to connect the Submarine Cable capacity to land fibre cables. This will allow Moya to provide high speed Broadband services to African customers who don't currently have this access. The services will go "live" in early 2018. Once live we will grow the customer base as we provide the services.
this mean that the project is collecting fund to build a company with those token sales will get investors that will earn a lot in the near future! another meaning of this is the trading ! you dont need to do the buy and sell of tokens! what you need is to inveest and get the token in return keep it in your wallet and wait for the rise ! all the earning of the project will be a fund to grow the market value of our tokens in hand Cheesy this is absolutely a better idea that any ICO !! our token will serve out badge that we are part owner of moya ! and will get our investments profit via the share token we have !
mylifeisfullofalts

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:34:24 PM

in this thread  i look statement about the token sale in 2017 but in 2018 the customer will be grow, maybe you can explain more about the mean it (customer grow), explain just little about the mean 

Hi. As you know we are holding the ICO in 2017 to raise funds to connect the Submarine Cable capacity to land fibre cables. This will allow Moya to provide high speed Broadband services to African customers who don't currently have this access. The services will go "live" in early 2018. Once live we will grow the customer base as we provide the services.
this mean that the project is collecting fund to build a company with those token sales will get investors that will earn a lot in the near future! another meaning of this is the trading ! you dont need to do the buy and sell of tokens! what you need is to inveest and get the token in return keep it in your wallet and wait for the rise ! all the earning of the project will be a fund to grow the market value of our tokens in hand Cheesy this is absolutely a better idea that any ICO !! our token will serve out badge that we are part owner of moya ! and will get our investments profit via the share token we have !
Brilliant ! if that so i will be on the first row then and invest in the project ! been searching for this opportunity, and i thknk Africa is just a stepping stone and will set bridges all over the world ! count me in !

Good decision, the more people supports MOYA NETWORKS means the earlier they could this project at work and the earlier for Africa's development .
crumparm

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:23:21 PM

Need Chinese translation
benalexis12

Activity: 854
Merit: 117

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 09:07:22 PM

Brilliant ! if that so i will be on the first row then and invest in the project ! been searching for this opportunity, and i thknk Africa is just a stepping stone and will set bridges all over the world ! count me in !

Good decision, the more people supports MOYA NETWORKS means the earlier they could this project at work and the earlier for Africa's development .

10% of tele networks are from Africa and 90% are from the rest of the world. it should be functioning at high-speed internet coz African country has 1.2B population

Moya Networks

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 09:45:49 PM

Thanks for your support! We are very excited to get the project going

10% of tele networks are from Africa and 90% are from the rest of the world. it should be functioning at high-speed internet coz African country has 1.2B population
Moya Networks

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 09:49:03 PM

Need Chinese translation

Bounty https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2291369.0;all   If you are interested in translating WP to Chinese language.
Moya Networks

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 09:55:18 PM

It really is that slow!

From ph too bro internet connection really sucks..imagine how I waited (7years I guess) from the first time I try to avail ISP service and had able to avail one just last week for the reason that our area is not covered by their service..and take note I was limited to purchased a up to 5mbps plan due to same reason yet when i try running a speedtest I only get less than mbps result. Hope few years  from now moya would reach our country..lol

We will certainly look at partnering with companies in other parts of the world who share our vision of providing high quality data at reasonable prices.

[/quote]
i would recommend TELSTRA and converge on this! if you need partners  that want to invest and have cheaper cost you might look over there profile Cheesy i want to see collaboration on this and hopefully not just Africa but the whole world !
[/quote]

Will check them out. We have an Asian partner already who is helping us with connections to Asia.
Moya Networks

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:00:58 PM

if you can get the connection on that country as fast as you promise what will be the total cost of it for the people ?
there are many connection now like fiber  dsl and what so ever! what are you plans on this and what are you gonna use ! will 5G be available or maybe higher ?

We will connect our submarine cable capacity to ISPs, Wireless providers and fibre to the home distributors.
Distribution to Businesses and homes will be by fibre. 5G will be adopted by the Wireless providers.
tatalin

Activity: 255

https://burst.money/

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:59:33 AM

I'm curious about this coin and Im reading some of threads here. Can anyone convince me that this project will be appealing to other investors around the world? Because they are focus on Africa. If they can sell this ICO this must really benefit the economic status and the people of Africa.  

Well, one thing i realised is that africa is what famous people always use for publicity. They always go and donate to africa and annoumce it to boost their public image. Sad but true.

But on the other hand,  the real reason why i thunk this project will be really appealing to a lot of investors is because internet nowadays is not just a tool for fun anymore but rather a necessity for progress and improvement of a the world, a country, and its people. This alone is enough reason for people to pay loads of money just to get a fast and reliable internet connection. Either for educational, business, socialization or connectivity to loved ones purposes.

That is why i thunk a lot of people will really be jumping into this project.

Hi. We are definitely not famous Smiley but we are experienced African telecommunications professionals who have actually deployed networks in Africa. We have all struggled with slow and unreliable internet connections in our homes and businesses. Africans are prepared to pay a fair price for fast and reliable internet. We know that from personal experience over the years and this is why we are passionate about the project.  

Nahh, i wasn't referring to this project. I was referring to celebrities, hope this clears it.

I feel you. I understand the dilemma. Because i too am experiencing the same problems here at my place. The internet is so damn slow and way too expensive for its services. Just really irritating. I am so damn desperate to pay for an even more expensive internet just to have a better services that is deserving for my payments. That is why i think this project will be a success. Because i know the feeling of having a shitty internet service provider.

I just hope a project like this happens for our country.

I feel you bro. Here in our country the internet is too slow and expensive (not worth it for our money). I do not know why they can't make it fast and affordable internet, yet the countries in our neighbor can achieve those. We are also surrounded by bodies of water, so it might be possible to build that kind of internet connection here.

Maybe we are all from the same country? lol.

Too Slow and yet too EXPENSIVE. I hope when moya launches people in africa will say Fast and Cheap.

I bet building that submarine cable networks will be very expensive. Does middle class and lower class people can afford those internet connection?

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM       █│█     MEDIUM          GITHUB     ]
Moya Networks

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 06:20:00 AM

I'm curious about this coin and Im reading some of threads here. Can anyone convince me that this project will be appealing to other investors around the world? Because they are focus on Africa. If they can sell this ICO this must really benefit the economic status and the people of Africa.  

Well, one thing i realised is that africa is what famous people always use for publicity. They always go and donate to africa and annoumce it to boost their public image. Sad but true.

But on the other hand,  the real reason why i thunk this project will be really appealing to a lot of investors is because internet nowadays is not just a tool for fun anymore but rather a necessity for progress and improvement of a the world, a country, and its people. This alone is enough reason for people to pay loads of money just to get a fast and reliable internet connection. Either for educational, business, socialization or connectivity to loved ones purposes.

That is why i thunk a lot of people will really be jumping into this project.

Hi. We are definitely not famous Smiley but we are experienced African telecommunications professionals who have actually deployed networks in Africa. We have all struggled with slow and unreliable internet connections in our homes and businesses. Africans are prepared to pay a fair price for fast and reliable internet. We know that from personal experience over the years and this is why we are passionate about the project.  

Nahh, i wasn't referring to this project. I was referring to celebrities, hope this clears it.

I feel you. I understand the dilemma. Because i too am experiencing the same problems here at my place. The internet is so damn slow and way too expensive for its services. Just really irritating. I am so damn desperate to pay for an even more expensive internet just to have a better services that is deserving for my payments. That is why i think this project will be a success. Because i know the feeling of having a shitty internet service provider.

I just hope a project like this happens for our country.

I feel you bro. Here in our country the internet is too slow and expensive (not worth it for our money). I do not know why they can't make it fast and affordable internet, yet the countries in our neighbor can achieve those. We are also surrounded by bodies of water, so it might be possible to build that kind of internet connection here.

Maybe we are all from the same country? lol.

Too Slow and yet too EXPENSIVE. I hope when moya launches people in africa will say Fast and Cheap.

I bet building that submarine cable networks will be very expensive. Does middle class and lower class people can afford those internet connection?

Hi. Our business model is to buy the submarine cable capacity from the ACE cable system, connect the capacity to terrestrial (Land) fibre cables and to distribute the Broadband capacity to urban and rural areas.

We will use new technologies to efficiently distribute the capacity so the end users (middle and lower income) can afford it.

Emdppablo

Activity: 220
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 07:12:26 AM

How much would it cost for african people to be connected on the product of moya network? Since southern africa have few people who are wealthy enough to afford internet. Or Moya’s internet plan is cheap or somehow free for selected poor places?
harir

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 07:22:45 AM

a very interesting and promising project for the followers of this project bounty and I see the project's dev dev is one of the well-known dev in this forum
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: