Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 05:05:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] MOYA Networks - Bringing Data to Africa at the Speed of Light  (Read 15351 times)
Moya Networks

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 09:06:02 AM
Last edit: October 26, 2017, 10:29:39 AM by Moya Networks

Just finished reading about your project and the vision. I must admit that this is one of those projects which really brings in value and bridges the gap between human race and digital world. Just so that you know, not many ICO would actually publish their members Linked profile or even for that matter write the details as laid out by you guys. When we read such ANN, we know that it is not just another thread that we come across each day. The words mentioned in a presentable ANN makes a lot of difference for the audience.

I sincerely wish you and your team all the very best and hope that this will be a grand success.

Thank You for your Good wishes.
The composition of the Moya team is very much by design. We are proud of the fact that we have assembled a team with lots of International telecommunications and business experience. We are all sick and tired of complaining about the slow Broadband Internet speeds so we decided to do something about it in a transparent manner for our customers and investors.  
ghafricaarise

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:18:48 AM

*I am posting this thread on behalf of Coremedia.info for Moya Networks*

WEBSITE  |   WHITEPAPER  |  TEAM
The low Data penetration rate in Southern Africa compared to levels elsewhere clearly indicates the pent-up demand for broadband connectivity. Moya Networks, a project created by seasoned Pan-African ICT professionals, experienced in developing and managing ICT companies, plans to bring transparency to the Southern African wholesale markets in an effort to ramp up internet connection inclusion in the area.

In the Southern African wholesale market, Cables such as SAT-3 and WACs until recently have held unchallenged market positions, which has resulted in data prices that are between 10 to 20 times more expensive than those in markets outside of Africa. Market research carried out on behalf of Moya currently estimates the cost of a single STM-1 for international connectivity to Africa to be US$115,000 per month. The current market price for satellite access to Africa is between US$4,000 and US$8,000 per Mbps per month.

In order to fix the current lack of efficiency found in this market, Moya will leverage its team’s experience and contracts to provide submarine capacity and terrestrial capacity obtained from multiple partners to offer a range of lower-priced world class Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (“SDH”) and Internet Protocol (“IP”) network transport services that are designed to meet the needs of a wide range of African Internet Service Providers (ISP’s),international carriers, content providers, large multi-national businesses and governments.
To do so, Moya Networks will issue its own cryptocurrency token which will act both as a fundraising method and an opportunity for early supporters to be directly involved in the project.

Moya Tokens (MTK) are ERC20 tokens based on the Ethereum blockchain. They will serve both as a fundraising mechanism that will allow Moya Networks to fund the purchase of ACE submarine cable capacity, terrestrial fibre capacity and fund the operations of Moya.

The Moya token will also grant the holder the right to receive 20% of Moya's profit on an annual basis. Any number of tokens (100%) sold at the end of ICO have a right to receive 20%of the company's profits on an annual basis.

Moya seeks to raise 6,000 BTC ,to purchase capacity rights in the Africa Coast to Europe Submarine Cable System (ACE). Moya will sell MTK tokens (MTK) over a 4-week period to the Cryptocurrency community. The MTK Token will be issued on the Ethereum platform. Bitcoin and Ethereum cryptocurrency will be accepted for purchasing MTK. Investors purchasing Tokens during the token sale will be eligible for bonuses.  

ICO Timeline:

- Pre ICO 1 Nov to *15th* Nov  (*30%* Discount)
- ICO Launch 15th Nov to 15th Dec

• Fund Raise Cap: Max. 2,000
  • Accepted Purchase Methods: BTC & ETH
  • Native Blockchain: Ethereum (ERC20)
  • During the sale, MTK tokens will be offered at: http://moyanetworks.com

Distribution of Funds: The funds will primarily be used to purchase capacity rights in the Africa Coast to Europe Submarine Cable System (ACE) based on ACE-Moya existing contracts at the close of the ICO; to purchase backup capacity on the West Africa Cable System (WACS); and to purchase telecommunications equipment from qualified vendors; to install the equipment in the Moya backhaul network; and for the operations of the Company. Funds will also be used to pay personnel in the startup phase of the business.

Escrow Agents: TBD

Two Signatories will be assigned to the receive wallet (One from Moya and one Independent Escrow Agent). The release of funds requires two Signatures.
Funding Release Milestones:

• 80% of the tokens sold will be directly released to crowdsale participants at the end of the crowdsale.
  • 20% of the tokens sold will be directly released for the purchase of additional submarine cable capacity, terrestrial backhaul capacity, marketing expenses, partnerships, team and employee expansion. Yearly access to investor company financials on request.

https://i.imgur.com/TB5uXUJ.png

Carrington Phillip
https://i.imgur.com/OSmVpxu.jpg

As CEO Carey heads up the management team at Moya drawing on his extensive experience in the Telecommunications industry since 1990.

Serving as Managing Director for Smile Communications, in Kampala Uganda, from 2008 to 2010 he had prime responsibility for the building and launch of Smile Communications’ WIMAX network in Uganda.

Previously Carey served as Vice President, at Cox Communications Atlanta Georgia, where he was a key member of the team that launched of one of the world’s “triple play” (Voice, Video, Data) commercial networks.

https://za.linkedin.com/in/carrington-phillip-3a671476

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jason Berry
https://i.imgur.com/vCRAxCd.jpg

Jason was the founder, Managing Director and Chief Network Engineer of CiTEC (Pty) Ltd - now called MTN Business.

In July 2001 to MTN South Africa purchased CiTEC, in addition to various International Patent applications, invented by Jason.

MTN renamed CiTEC to "MTN Business Solutions" as the company had specifically focused on corporate clients, which increased MTN's value proposition to the market.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/gettothefarm

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Sibusiso (Sbu) Zindela
https://i.imgur.com/11FbZZk.jpg

Sbu is an experienced Chief Engineer for international submarine networks.

He has extensive experience in the planning and design of international submarine networks that meet international interconnect and capacity demands.

https://za.linkedin.com/in/sibusiso-zindela-09618322

ADVISORS

Vivienne Namutebi

https://i.imgur.com/4rVHKoO.jpg

Vivienne is an experienced online sales and digital marketing professional in the digital advertising space.

She has extensive experience managing online content, monitoring client websites, online platforms, ad buying and online partner management.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/vivienne-namutebi-387abb97

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Leonard Harley

https://i.imgur.com/53lWay6.jpg

Co-founder of impactChoice and inventor of world’s first blockchain based carbon asset management & transactional trading platform.

Len has a strong managerial background with senior level international experience and cross sector exposure. He is highly focused with a consistent track record of successfully delivering full lifecycle systems implementations to tight time scales and within budget.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/leonardharley

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Victor Lawrence
https://i.imgur.com/J54gls9.jpg

Dr. Lawrence pursued a highly successful research and business career with Bell Labs (research division of AT&T).

Previous positions include Vice President at AT&T, Alcatel-Lucent & Bell Labs.

He is a former Advisor to South African President Thabo Mbeki and has also served on the board of Telkom South Africa.

Having worked in the information technology and communications R&D field for over thirty years, he retired as Vice President, Advanced Communications Technology - Bell Laboratories, Lucent Technologies, where he led the development of technologies for worldwide communications networks.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/victor-lawrence-31080951

Its a great thing Africa anticipates towards the growth of the continent in the wake of technological advances for services. I foresee a great commitment from the team with regards their intent and vision. 
raven1322

Activity: 171
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 11:56:12 AM

Just finished reading about your project and the vision. I must admit that this is one of those projects which really brings in value and bridges the gap between human race and digital world. Just so that you know, not many ICO would actually publish their members Linked profile or even for that matter write the details as laid out by you guys. When we read such ANN, we know that it is not just another thread that we come across each day. The words mentioned in a presentable ANN makes a lot of difference for the audience.

I sincerely wish you and your team all the very best and hope that this will be a grand success.

Thank You for your Good wishes.
The composition of the Moya team is very much by design. We are proud of the fact that we have assembled a team with lots of International telecommunications and business experience. We are all sick and tired of complaining about the slow Broadband Internet speeds so we decided to do something about it in a transparent manner for our customers and investors.  

I sincerely agree that introducing the team to the public and would-be investors is a really smart and confident move. We hope to get to know them more in a possible future correspondence!

gettothefarm

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:22:39 PM

Thank you for the note of support.
URCRYPTOKNIGHT

Activity: 94

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:31:15 PM

Having fast internet these days probably is the key for most successful nations, I'm not saying that africa isn't but Almost all of us rely on internet.. News, Education, Communication etc..

This is a stepping stone for the development of the country.

I hope moya network can really penetrate through the deepest parts of africa. this project is really promising. Smiley

Hello. Thanks for your interest in the project.

Africa has over 3000 tech start-ups over the last 7 years-Mainly in Kenya, South Africa and Nigeria. Some of the start-ups are developing mobile phone banking applications  for the unbanked that are being adopted worldwide. Our project is about bringing affordable high speed Internet to many African countries that need it to further develop their businesses and economies. For example, we have plans to extend the submarine capacity to Lesotho and Swaziland (two small Southern African Countries) by the end of 2019.

i think this project is look promising and i think bringing more information to Africa is a lot of help in the people living there. internet now a days is very helpful to people and to our society with one click we can find anything and any places. to further develop the continent africa we need project like this in order for them to adapt what is happening in the entire world. high speed internet can bring fortune to all developing countries in africa because now a days internet is so important in our lives. just like the blockchain technology.

Fost nailed it, fast internet means more jobs for africans since almost all of the jobs around the world can be done via remote. Also thank you zeidfreak for that information about tech start-ups, but having a tech startup without fast internet is nothing so this project MOYA NETWORK will be a big addition for those startups. Faster upload and download speed means faster work will be done.

Having fast internet these days probably is the key for most successful nations, I'm not saying that africa isn't but Almost all of us rely on internet.. News, Education, Communication etc..

I hope moya network can really penetrate through the deepest parts of africa. this project is really promising. Smiley

that is right sir almost all of us are already relying ourselves on the inernet connection. and it is needed by all countries acually that is why we have the moya network in africa for the to have a great internet connections and be updated to the happening all around the globe. big thanks to the project of the moya network.

this generation of young people relying on the internet nowadays so why african people cant do it? we need to help them to use internet as well to moya network .. with the affordable fast internet connection african people can connect to the world. new information will spread to that continent in the help of this project. promising project and good intention for helping africa. africa need to be develop just like any other country. africa maybe the richest continent someday Smiley

MOYA NETWORK connecting AFRICA to the world, i just thought that this is a very good slogan for MOYA NETWORKS because this is exactly what MOYA NETWORK does.

We Like it and were going to use it!  Unfortunately, South African Airways already uses a very similar tag line Smiley If you have any other ideas please let us know. Regards.

How about this, since MOYA NETWORKS will be providing fastest quality internet service, how about this for a second slogan proposal,
“MOYA NETWORKS THE FASTEST WAY TO AFRICA” 
gettothefarm

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:52:59 PM

My name is Jason Berry.
I am the chief strategist for Moya, specifically relating to the telecommunications delivery strategy.

Although in this modern era one finds oneself having to be multi-disciplined I am inherently an Electrical Engineer and an Entrepreneur.

When one tries to contemplate the future and compares its infinite possibilities one steadies the ship by looking to the past.
And what we can learn from the past is that should Africa wish to be relevant in the International context then we cannot delay another day to provide the mechanisms for Africans to participate effectively in the global village.
A scenario where Africans can choose to be included in the global think tank, such that no matter what the future holds we can can be considered participant rather than just onlookers.

My favourite recent example of the impact of effective connectedness is by Sebastien Thrun, Senior Lecturer at Stanford University and co-founder of Udacity (referring to an extract from the documentary "Lo and Behold"), where on lecturing a course for approximately 200 Standford students he also made the course freely available online to which over 160,000 students registered. And when the examinationswere concluded the best Standford student, with all the benefits and resources available for him/her  to be able to attend Stanford, came 413th in the class!!

We are in an age of exploding growth of knowledge and technology in almost every discipline, and it is our wish that our actions may result in some of the greatest minds to impact the HUGE CHANGE that the world needs comes from Africa.

As a holder of the Moya Networks MTK token you are essentially voting, albeit with your money, for the same outcome.
Ganerch

Activity: 180

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:07:39 PM

CAN YOU TELL US HOW HOLDING MOYA TOKENS WILL BE BENEFICIAL FOR US ?

Moya Token (MTK) ownership will entitle the holder the right to receive 20% of Moya's profit on an annual basis, proportional to the number of tokens owned. We will list MTK on chrypto exchanges which will allow trading of the token.

Besides to the 20% of Moya's profit on annual basis you will received bonuses on pre-sale and for week 1-4 bonuses. Africa's population are many in numbers for sure they will support this project and also the people who has heart for Africa . It will be also benefit you in a way  because you will be able to help them by supporting their country for economic growth and for them to have deeper connection to the world.

Ganerch

Activity: 180

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:15:54 PM

My name is Jason Berry.
I am the chief strategist for Moya, specifically relating to the telecommunications delivery strategy.

Although in this modern era one finds oneself having to be multi-disciplined I am inherently an Electrical Engineer and an Entrepreneur.

When one tries to contemplate the future and compares its infinite possibilities one steadies the ship by looking to the past.
And what we can learn from the past is that should Africa wish to be relevant in the International context then we cannot delay another day to provide the mechanisms for Africans to participate effectively in the global village.
A scenario where Africans can choose to be included in the global think tank, such that no matter what the future holds we can can be considered participant rather than just onlookers.

My favourite recent example of the impact of effective connectedness is by Sebastien Thrun, Senior Lecturer at Stanford University and co-founder of Udacity (referring to an extract from the documentary "Lo and Behold"), where on lecturing a course for approximately 200 Standford students he also made the course freely available online to which over 160,000 students registered. And when the examinationswere concluded the best Standford student, with all the benefits and resources available for him/her  to be able to attend Stanford, came 413th in the class!!

We are in an age of exploding growth of knowledge and technology in almost every discipline, and it is our wish that our actions may result in some of the greatest minds to impact the HUGE CHANGE that the world needs comes from Africa.

As a holder of the Moya Networks MTK token you are essentially voting, albeit with your money, for the same outcome.

Hi Jayson! Thanks for your post I definitely understand the vision of MOYA project. The development of one country is also expanding the world of Cryptocurrency. More power to  you and to MOYA project.
yokosan

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:26:32 PM

new and different project. watched the videos. a huge comprehensive project. a long-term basis changes in the targeted connections in the world.
 Cool
NEUROSEED

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:02:10 PM

do you have bounty?
Moya Networks

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:09:10 PM

do you have bounty?

Please see BOUNTY CAMPAIGN:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2291369.0;all
Moya Networks

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:16:47 PM

new and different project. watched the videos. a huge comprehensive project. a long-term basis changes in the targeted connections in the world.
 Cool

The Moya project is Huge and comprehensive. We are coordinating quite a few Technical Companies to ensure connecting the ACE Submarine Network to Terrestrial (Land) Networks.

Please our main Video Below for some information:

Moya Network Video: Become a founding member of Moya
                                                 https://youtu.be/5eWbjOz_zfI
gettothefarm

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:23:53 PM

connections nowadays is badly needed for us to keep in touch to our friends, relatives and also to our colleagues who are very far away from us, but how can we get connected to them if we are located in an area that doesnt have or very slow internet connection, just like africa? And that is one of the platforms of Moya Networks to have a fast connection to stay updated from what is happening around us. Congratulations to moya network in advance!

I agree. A table internet connection is more of a "need" now than a tool. It connects us to the world. Along with the things we have that are far more important than family or friends. And that is knowledge. If we cannot access the internet, sharing of knowledge simoly becomes impossible. Specially in the medical side. It would be horrific to think that information about diseases cannot be shared to warn the rest of the world or information to how to deal or cure these tyoes of diseases. The internet simply is our way to progress. And without it we will be stagnant. That is why i thnk this project will really achieve success.

One's consideration when looking at the connected space has to look past messaging (like whatsapp or email) and towards a converging connectedness where the question is not whether or not you're an "Internet Citizen" but rather whether your connected state allows you to interact in a global community of the future where "the Internet" is actually a meaningless and dated term; either you are a participant, or you're an outsider.
The applications of the near future are as broad and as influential as the space we give them today, i.e. speed and attainability of connectivity.

Africans' needs are no different to anywhere else - large scale "Unlimited Speed Connectivity" at "insignificant cost".
Moya Networks is a step in the right direction.
turkiman

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:36:12 PM

in this thread  i look statement about the token sale in 2017 but in 2018 the customer will be grow, maybe you can explain more about the mean it (customer grow), explain just little about the mean 

════════⟹  Pro Fish  ⟸════════
The ProFish online marketplace & tournaments
⋄❖⋄ Twitter ⋄❖⋄ Telegram ⋄❖⋄ Facebook ⋄❖⋄ Instagram
Emdppablo

Activity: 220
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 05:13:26 PM

Africa has over 3000 tech start-ups over the last 7 years-Mainly in Kenya, South Africa and Nigeria. Some of the start-ups are developing mobile phone banking applications  for the unbanked that are being adopted worldwide. Our project is about bringing affordable high speed Internet to many African countries that need it to further develop their businesses and economies. For example, we have plans to extend the submarine capacity to Lesotho and Swaziland (two small Southern African Countries) by the end of 2019.

i think this project is look promising and i think bringing more information to Africa is a lot of help in the people living there. internet now a days is very helpful to people and to our society with one click we can find anything and any places. to further develop the continent africa we need project like this in order for them to adapt what is happening in the entire world. high speed internet can bring fortune to all developing countries in africa because now a days internet is so important in our lives. just like the blockchain technology.

Fost nailed it, fast internet means more jobs for africans since almost all of the jobs around the world can be done via remote. Also thank you zeidfreak for that information about tech start-ups, but having a tech startup without fast internet is nothing so this project MOYA NETWORK will be a big addition for those startups. Faster upload and download speed means faster work will be done.

that is right sir almost all of us are already relying ourselves on the inernet connection. and it is needed by all countries acually that is why we have the moya network in africa for the to have a great internet connections and be updated to the happening all around the globe. big thanks to the project of the moya network.

this generation of young people relying on the internet nowadays so why african people cant do it? we need to help them to use internet as well to moya network .. with the affordable fast internet connection african people can connect to the world. new information will spread to that continent in the help of this project. promising project and good intention for helping africa. africa need to be develop just like any other country. africa maybe the richest continent someday Smiley

MOYA NETWORK connecting AFRICA to the world, i just thought that this is a very good slogan for MOYA NETWORKS because this is exactly what MOYA NETWORK does.

I agree to above comment that MOYA NETWORK aims to connect AFRICA to the world using FAST and RELIABLE internet connection. I love MOYA NETWORKS project and I hope that after AFRICA they will help more remote places.
FostTheGreat

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 05:14:35 PM

We Like it and were going to use it!  Unfortunately, South African Airways already uses a very similar tag line Smiley If you have any other ideas please let us know. Regards.

Based on my experience, I was using a normal cabled internet.. it was really really slow, Download speed is always around 1-3mbps. that aint enough.. But when fiber optic cables entered our country our speed increased to 20mbps. Imagine things and the productivity with that speed.

Let's all help make the world a better place. Smiley Let's help africa.

Read Our WHITEPAPER              (((   BIDIUM   )))         Pre-ICO Active  |  JOIN NOW!
Revolutionizing Auction & Freelance Hiring with a Crypto Exchange Powered by Blockchain
███████████ |     FACEBOOK     |      TWITTER      |     TELEGRAM     | ███████████
FostTheGreat

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 05:35:30 PM

Cool

The Moya project is Huge and comprehensive. We are coordinating quite a few Technical Companies to ensure connecting the ACE Submarine Network to Terrestrial (Land) Networks.

Please our main Video Below for some information:

Moya Network Video: Become a founding member of Moya
                                                 https://youtu.be/5eWbjOz_zfI

This will definitely be a long term project, from what I read it is very hard and risky to place fiber optic cables underwater.. but the reward is very much worth it. If the project would succeed in doing so in africa I hope they can also do it in other countries too.. High hopes for this project. Smiley Especially for africans. Spread the love.

Read Our WHITEPAPER              (((   BIDIUM   )))         Pre-ICO Active  |  JOIN NOW!
Revolutionizing Auction & Freelance Hiring with a Crypto Exchange Powered by Blockchain
███████████ |     FACEBOOK     |      TWITTER      |     TELEGRAM     | ███████████
Moya Networks

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 05:51:38 PM

in this thread  i look statement about the token sale in 2017 but in 2018 the customer will be grow, maybe you can explain more about the mean it (customer grow), explain just little about the mean 

Hi. As you know we are holding the ICO in 2017 to raise funds to connect the Submarine Cable capacity to land fibre cables. This will allow Moya to provide high speed Broadband services to African customers who don't currently have this access. The services will go "live" in early 2018. Once live we will grow the customer base as we provide the services.
Moya Networks

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 05:56:20 PM

I agree to above comment that MOYA NETWORK aims to connect AFRICA to the world using FAST and RELIABLE internet connection. I love MOYA NETWORKS project and I hope that after AFRICA they will help more remote places.

Thanks for your support. We will keep an open mind regarding deploying our services outside of Africa Smiley

Moya Networks

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:07:35 PM

Based on my experience, I was using a normal cabled internet.. it was really really slow, Download speed is always around 1-3mbps. that aint enough.. But when fiber optic cables entered our country our speed increased to 20mbps. Imagine things and the productivity with that speed.

Let's all help make the world a better place. Smiley Let's help africa.

Most of Africa accesses the internet using feature mobile phones (not smart phones). Very often the speeds are way below 1mbps. So with new mobile technologies (3G and 4G) using the Moya's High speed Broadband services data speeds are bound to increase in Africa.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: