Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 11:25:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 265 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history)  (Read 530480 times)
branefreez

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 11:08:37 PM

addnode=5pbpgna6wkorazabakbgb54ep6lx4yl33msftxwhfsvd2j4gticq.b32.i2p

If you wish to donate to me at all, I would really appreciate it!
Thank you in advance:

AKsQ2xutugLvSEdtnZ517zNh77ccBUyT9H

If you mean we can add it to the I2P dns seed in the codebase, I'm gladly donating Smiley if not I'll send you some anyway, just tell me what you want Smiley

Adding it to the dns seed in the codebase would be appreciated, but if you don't want to go out of your way to do that, I'll just try to let people know the i2p address of my client. And, I would like a donation, if you don't mind; no one has ever donated to me before.  Undecided
meeh (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

:)

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2013, 07:20:58 AM

Can anoncoind be configured to use i2p instance running on another machine in same subnet?    if so, how?  The idea is to have one i2p gateway on secure network. thanks.

Yes you can Smiley
Code:
-samhost=<ip or host name> - address of the SAM bridge host. If it is not specified, value will be "127.0.0.1"
-samport=<port> - port number of the SAM bridge host. If it is not specified, value will be "7656".

Check out
Code:
https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin/blob/master-0.8/doc/I2P.txt
for a full list of parameters.

Hope this works for you. Please ask if you got future questions  Smiley

meeh (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2013, 07:25:39 AM
Last edit: August 30, 2013, 10:19:15 AM by meeh

addnode=5pbpgna6wkorazabakbgb54ep6lx4yl33msftxwhfsvd2j4gticq.b32.i2p

If you wish to donate to me at all, I would really appreciate it!
Thank you in advance:

AKsQ2xutugLvSEdtnZ517zNh77ccBUyT9H

If you mean we can add it to the I2P dns seed in the codebase, I'm gladly donating Smiley if not I'll send you some anyway, just tell me what you want Smiley

Adding it to the dns seed in the codebase would be appreciated, but if you don't want to go out of your way to do that, I'll just try to let people know the i2p address of my client. And, I would like a donation, if you don't mind; no one has ever donated to me before.  Undecided

Anoncoin announces the I2P address as well when enabled to I2P enabled clients Smiley

Added in commit 639e8ab7ba6b03f8b065b4f07fa8ec56d243ece1.

Also a donation is heading your way Smiley

DiCE1904
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2013, 05:55:28 PM

Why does the OSX version not work?
openssl linking.

The Anoncoin-Qt executable clearly points to the right directory.
Code:
	@executable_path/../Frameworks/libssl.1.0.0.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)
@executable_path/../Frameworks/libcrypto.1.0.0.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)

However, it still try to look for libssl.1.0.0.dylib and libcrypto.1.0.0.dylib in /opt/local/lib, which is a macports directory.

Easy workaround for the OSX version until openssl is fixed

Open the Terminal.app application. You find it under Applications -> Utilities

This assumes that you got Anoncoin-Qt.app installed in your Applications folder.

Then type the following commands:
Code:
sudo mkdir -p /opt/local/lib
sudo ln -sf /Applications/Anoncoin-Qt.app/Contents/Frameworks/libcrypto.1.0.0.dylib /opt/local/lib/libcrypto.1.0.0.dylib
sudo ln -sf /Applications/Anoncoin-Qt.app/Contents/Frameworks/libssl.1.0.0.dylib  /opt/local/lib/libssl.1.0.0.dylib

Note: You will be asked for your mac account password to do administrative operations.. sudo = "Super user(Administrator) do"

The first command will create the folder, the two next will make a "shortcut/link" to the libraries inside Anoncoin-Qt.app.

I removed my /opt/local/lib/ folder temporary, then I did the commands above and Anoncoin opens.

Other news

I plan release new binaries tomorrow. Probably for all Operating Systems. Including Linux (i386/x64)

I hope the Mac OS X version is fixed by then, if not, the workaround above should fix it without any need of extra installation of applications etc. And should take no disk space at all. Sorry for this problem. If the next build won't fix it, we'll continue until it works Smiley

to do this does mac ports need to be installed? because im still getting
Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: libboost_system.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/Anoncoin-Qt.app/Contents/Frameworks/libboost_filesystem.dylib
  Reason: image not found

meeh (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2013, 10:45:48 PM

Why does the OSX version not work?
openssl linking.

The Anoncoin-Qt executable clearly points to the right directory.
Code:
	@executable_path/../Frameworks/libssl.1.0.0.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)
@executable_path/../Frameworks/libcrypto.1.0.0.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)

However, it still try to look for libssl.1.0.0.dylib and libcrypto.1.0.0.dylib in /opt/local/lib, which is a macports directory.

Easy workaround for the OSX version until openssl is fixed

Open the Terminal.app application. You find it under Applications -> Utilities

This assumes that you got Anoncoin-Qt.app installed in your Applications folder.

Then type the following commands:
Code:
sudo mkdir -p /opt/local/lib
sudo ln -sf /Applications/Anoncoin-Qt.app/Contents/Frameworks/libcrypto.1.0.0.dylib /opt/local/lib/libcrypto.1.0.0.dylib
sudo ln -sf /Applications/Anoncoin-Qt.app/Contents/Frameworks/libssl.1.0.0.dylib  /opt/local/lib/libssl.1.0.0.dylib

Note: You will be asked for your mac account password to do administrative operations.. sudo = "Super user(Administrator) do"

The first command will create the folder, the two next will make a "shortcut/link" to the libraries inside Anoncoin-Qt.app.

I removed my /opt/local/lib/ folder temporary, then I did the commands above and Anoncoin opens.

Other news

I plan release new binaries tomorrow. Probably for all Operating Systems. Including Linux (i386/x64)

I hope the Mac OS X version is fixed by then, if not, the workaround above should fix it without any need of extra installation of applications etc. And should take no disk space at all. Sorry for this problem. If the next build won't fix it, we'll continue until it works Smiley

to do this does mac ports need to be installed? because im still getting
Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: libboost_system.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/Anoncoin-Qt.app/Contents/Frameworks/libboost_filesystem.dylib
  Reason: image not found

Hmm.. That file is there, just double checked the dmg file.

Try:

Code:
sudo cp /Applications/Anoncoin-Qt.app/Contents/Frameworks/* /opt/local/

branefreez

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 11:47:58 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2013, 12:54:00 AM by branefreez

Would it be possible to apply a patch for mixing coins in the network itself like https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=24784.0. This might help provide greater anonymity. The coins would get mixed between the person's multiple addresses and you get to choose how many times they get mixed.

Also, would it be possible for you to implement a pool that you mine on with your address as your username and you have PPS/PPLNS that you can then store and send to the lottery?

Ex:
You create an ANC account on the anc website.
You start mining on the pool with your username.
You set your ANC address in your account settings. [The account has its own address so it can send the ANC to the lotto] {This would probably require you to rewrite some of the code :/}
You gain a multiple of 1 ANC, and then click a button "Send Your ANC to Lottery".
You participate in the lottery, and the lottery sends [if you win] the ANc to the address you set in your account settings. [And you may be able to send it back to your account to get a better chance in the lottery {maybe not, that would prove unfair in the long run if they have a large mining rig}]

It may not be a very good idea, but it would probably be easier to participate in the lotto.
K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 11:26:13 AM

Would it be possible to apply a patch for mixing coins in the network itself like https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=24784.0. This might help provide greater anonymity. The coins would get mixed between the person's multiple addresses and you get to choose how many times they get mixed.

Also, would it be possible for you to implement a pool that you mine on with your address as your username and you have PPS/PPLNS that you can then store and send to the lottery?

Ex:
You set your ANC address in your account settings. [The account has its own address so it can send the ANC to the lotto] {This would probably require you to rewrite some of the code :/}
You gain a multiple of 1 ANC, and then click a button "Send Your ANC to Lottery".
You participate in the lottery, and the lottery sends [if you win] the ANc to the address you set in your account settings. [And you may be able to send it back to your account to get a better chance in the lottery {maybe not, that would prove unfair in the long run if they have a large mining rig}]

It may not be a very good idea, but it would probably be easier to participate in the lotto.
if you would have read trough the thread or checked the options @ GUI, you would know this has already been implemented. check some messages back for my announcement Smiley

greetings

EDIT: here is a link, just in case -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=227287.msg3005468#msg3005468

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
branefreez

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 02:42:04 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2013, 04:21:24 PM by branefreez

Ex:

if you would have read trough the thread or checked the options @ GUI, you would know this has already been implemented. check some messages back for my announcement Smiley

greetings

EDIT: here is a link, just in case -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=227287.msg3005468#msg3005468
Oh, sorry. I must not have seen that post. My bad. and thank you for clarifying that for me. Smiley

IMPORTANT:
I don't know if this is important, but there is an error on http://lotto.anoncoin.net that says: EXCEPTION: Unable to connect to http://xx:xx@127.0.0.1:7332

I don't know if those are Administrator credentials, or if the port is just unavailable, but I need to know if it is okay to still use the lotto, as it won't show the current pot.
meeh (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2013, 04:19:12 PM

IMPORTANT:
I don't know if this is important, but there is an error on http://lotto.anoncoin.net that says: EXCEPTION: Unable to connect to http://xx:xx@127.0.0.1:7332

I don't know if those are Administrator credentials, or if the port is just unavailable, but I need to know if it is okay to still use the lotto, as it won't show the current pot.

Thanks for noticing. Forgot to update lotto after pw change.

branefreez

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 04:20:15 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2013, 04:30:30 PM by branefreez

IMPORTANT:

Thanks for noticing. Forgot to update lotto after pw change.
You are very welcome. I am glad I was able to help you. Cheesy
Whoever donated to me, thank you!
amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 07:55:36 AM

Any news in the world of ANC? Amongst the altcoins ANC seems to be holding up fairly well in a rather bearish market.

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
transit

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 04:22:13 PM

I'm bearish with ANC, I stopped mining it. It's way undervalued IMO.
branefreez

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 05:07:26 PM

Any news in the world of ANC? Amongst the altcoins ANC seems to be holding up fairly well in a rather bearish market.
I wish this altcoin had [a bit] more traction; I love the idea of using it within the I2P and Tor networks for greater anonymity.
I'm bearish with ANC, I stopped mining it. It's way undervalued IMO.
I agree that it is undervalued, and I wish I had known about it sooner. If I had some BTC, I'd run some ads for ANC to get more people to mine and strengthen the network. If the creators had made the block value a bit higher [maybe 10 or more] then I would be very happy to mine it!

IMPORTANT:

I was checking up on http://faucet.anoncoin.net/ and I got the error:
An error has occured while connecting to the database, please contact an admin and let them know: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (111)
I don't know if you are in the process of fixing it currently, or if you need to fix it still, but I thought I'd let you know about it.

IMPORTANT:

I was checking upon http://explorer.anoncoin.net/ and got a whole page of errors. It is too long to post here, so you should probably just check the link. Thanks!

meeh (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 08:04:30 PM

IMPORTANT:

An error has occured while connecting to the database, please contact an admin and let them know: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (111)
I don't know if you are in the process of fixing it currently, or if you need to fix it still, but I thought I'd let you know about it.

IMPORTANT:

I was checking upon http://explorer.anoncoin.net/ and got a whole page of errors. It is too long to post here, so you should probably just check the link. Thanks!

Thanks. I've setup monit rules for mysql now so it won't happen again. And I donated to you, for the warning about the lotto Smiley

branefreez

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 08:21:38 PM

IMPORTANT:

IMPORTANT:

Thanks. I've setup monit rules for mysql now so it won't happen again. And I donated to you, for the warning about the lotto Smiley

Okay, you are welcome. And that was nice of you to donate to me [again]. Tongue Thanks.

PS. I sent 7 ANC to the lotto [AHH1j1nDi8UJ7v1wyrDNPj8bU925TrGH7z] and I haven't seen the Pot Size change. It was yesterday at about 6 pm EST. If you can confirm that I sent it, that would be appreciated.

Link: http://explorer.anoncoin.net/address/AHH1j1nDi8UJ7v1wyrDNPj8bU925TrGH7z
meeh (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 08:28:31 PM

New client (and codebase) soon ready for deployment. Also testing some possible services we have developed/set up. (maybe VPN with access to TOR/I2P sites transparent, and anonymous poker. The vpn is in testing now, how good it scales etc.) I won't say more for sure before I can promise it. However, this is the first "announcement" of it. Just been talked on IRC about it earlier  Smiley

One of the developers of zerocoin replied to one of our tweets, so I'm gonna write a mail to him and see what we can do with zerocoin.

On the other hand it's a little talk about maybe implement CoinJoin as well, intregrated in a way that it is in no need of a external server, but can lookup "rooms" within the client, distributed by the client itself.. Also, this is just me telling what's been mentioned on IRC, no public statement.

Zerocoin would require for example a DHT system anyway, because the 'coin spend' zero knowledge proofs are somewhat too large for the blockchain itself.

I'll update this thread when I know more  Smiley

klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 08:39:29 PM

New client (and codebase) soon ready for deployment. Also testing some possible services we have developed/set up. (maybe VPN with access to TOR/I2P sites transparent, and anonymous poker. The vpn is in testing now, how good it scales etc.) I won't say more for sure before I can promise it. However, this is the first "announcement" of it. Just been talked on IRC about it earlier  Smiley

One of the developers of zerocoin replied to one of our tweets, so I'm gonna write a mail to him and see what we can do with zerocoin.

On the other hand it's a little talk about maybe implement CoinJoin as well, intregrated in a way that it is in no need of a external server, but can lookup "rooms" within the client, distributed by the client itself.. Also, this is just me telling what's been mentioned on IRC, no public statement.

Zerocoin would require for example a DHT system anyway, because the 'coin spend' zero knowledge proofs are somewhat too large for the blockchain itself.

Awesome, I will buy some moarrrre!!!
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 08:41:55 PM

Can you give me your twitter account?
meeh (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 08:43:07 PM

Can you give me your twitter account?

https://twitter.com/AnoncoinProject  Smiley

amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 01:16:42 AM

That's exactly what I was wanting to hear, and that's exactly the kind of services a *real* cryptocurrency needs! Exciting stuff!

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 265 »
  Print  

Jump to: