Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:21:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 265 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history)  (Read 530463 times)
DutchTrades

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 08:10:49 AM

Where is the Anoncoin support? We just rised 90%

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
geekz

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

जगत् िमत

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 06:54:45 AM

Raised what for?
drAGon925

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 07:55:28 PM

Gnos1s have 5 days for reward of 5k$,

what do you think?

We are all winners in that case.  I can't wait to see.. Smiley
drAGon925

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 08:04:21 PM

Most of us buy at 300-1000% higher prices,
and we are tired of waiting for ZC in ANC.

Developers are not active any more like they were in past,
but that is ok for me. They doing what they know, and work on Anoncoin behind the scene.

Community must fight for their coin.

When/If they make implantation of zero, you will read many new posts and support.

Skele

Activity: 224

VocalPlatform.com

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 08:14:23 PM

I am now convinced that the difficulty setting was a bad idea.
I have never seen a coin swing so wildly.
Do you guys even mine your own coin to keep the difficulty level at a reasonable level?
Oh well I'm keeping them, but I hope it becomes more stable in the future.
bitwhizz
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:45:14 AM

I don;t know what is going on with this project, are the devs still working on it? do they still plan on implementing zerocoin? any time frames?
K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 09:21:55 AM

I don;t know what is going on with this project, are the devs still working on it? do they still plan on implementing zerocoin? any time frames?
Yes
Yes
I cant give you an ETA, ask Gnosis. Also this would only be a rough guestimate.

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 11:11:25 AM

I think that value (marketcap) of DRK coin is the value for ANC.

IOTA
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 11:15:17 AM

Q
"Will it be possible to choose the initial setup parameters for zerocash without relying on trusted third parties, such as with RSA-UFOs as has been proposed for Anoncoin's version of zerocoin?"

A
"Probably not for years. This would be a major breakthrough if cryptographers could find a way to do this."
https://pay.reddit.com/r/Anoncoin/comments/25z2fw/differences_between_zerocoin_and_zerocash/chnxw39

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
George.PK

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 12:05:17 PM

I think an upgrade for the Coin's logo should be made. I know it's not your first priority right now with Zerocoin implementation in the works, but still the log is a bit unappealing. Cry Cry
lunokhod2

Activity: 249

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 05:21:50 PM

Yes
Yes
I asked Gnosis about the time frame - no reply
I also asked Meeh - no reply

As you are an anoncoin developer, do you have contact with Gnosis and Meeh? They told us that the test net would go live about two months ago, but since then, there has been complete radio silence. In Meeh's March blog entry, a lot was promised, but nothing has yet materialized.

We all understand that these things usually take longer than planned, and we would of course like them to get things right, but a simple update from time to time doesn't seem like too much to ask for. I am not asking them to pump this coin with propaganda in any way like darkcoin, but their disregard for the Anoncoin "community" (if you can call it that, you just need to read this thread and count the number of people who have become disillusioned) shows a complete lack of professionalism. Sure, perhaps this is just a small side project for them, but if that were the case, Meeh should not say on the official Anoncoin website that this is his full time job.

If Zerocoin is implemented, that would be great for Anoncoin in the short term. Nevertheless, other copycats will certainly follow. Ultimately, I will chose to use that coin which has the best community, and which has the best development team that is committed to implementing new features. I really doubt that the real winner in the end will be Anoncoin. I hope to be proven wrong, because I am truly impressed with how knowledgable the developers are.
drAGon925

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 06:02:34 PM

Yes
Yes

As you are an anoncoin developer, do you have contact with Gnosis and Meeh? They told us that the test net would go live about two months ago, but since then, there has been complete radio silence. In Meeh's March blog entry, a lot was promised, but nothing has yet materialized.

We all understand that these things usually take longer than planned, and we would of course like them to get things right, but a simple update from time to time doesn't seem like too much to ask for. I am not asking them to pump this coin with propaganda in any way like darkcoin, but their disregard for the Anoncoin "community" (if you can call it that, you just need to read this thread and count the number of people who have become disillusioned) shows a complete lack of professionalism. Sure, perhaps this is just a small side project for them, but if that were the case, Meeh should not say on the official Anoncoin website that this is his full time job.

If Zerocoin is implemented, that would be great for Anoncoin in the short term. Nevertheless, other copycats will certainly follow. Ultimately, I will chose to use that coin which has the best community, and which has the best development team that is committed to implementing new features. I really doubt that the real winner in the end will be Anoncoin. I hope to be proven wrong, because I am truly impressed with how knowledgable the developers are.

Maybe Meeh is Satoshi?

I only can blame them for promises , but like you say these things usually take longer..

And the winner will be Anoncoin, I'm sure, and predict 100$/1 ANC until end of this year.

Smiley
alincoln

Activity: 175

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 06:07:35 PM

Yes
Yes

You see, I offered these guys a fiat donation for implementing ZC and they called it just a stack of bills... totally nuts.
drAGon925

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 06:13:56 PM

Yes
Yes

You see, I offered these guys a fiat donation for implementing ZC and they called it just a stack of bills... totally nuts.

Brotroxer is little awkwardly expressed at the end of the response, and didn't contacted the major developers.
After that Gnos1s accept your offer.
alincoln

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:01:12 PM

Yes
Yes

Brotroxer is little awkwardly expressed at the end of the response, and didn't contacted the major developers.

Actually I was clear in the sense that I'd match donations from the community up to $5,000... so I expected to see some action from them in this regard, but they didn't move a finger AFAIK. I understand Gnosis is a busy person (though I disagree with his absolute lack of communication), but he could have delegated the task of managing donations to someone such as... Brotroxer? What again does that guy do?

Also I don't think ZC will be ready by June 1st, there's just no time left, and even if they managed to do it somehow, there'd be no donations for matching.

drAGon925

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:22:23 PM

Yes
Yes

Actually I was clear in the sense that I'd match donations from the community up to $5,000... so I expected to see some action from them in this regard, but they didn't move a finger AFAIK. I understand Gnosis is a busy person (though I disagree with his absolute lack of communication), but he could have delegated the task of managing donations to someone such as... Brotroxer? What again does that guy do?

Also I don't think ZC will be ready by June 1st, there's just no time left, and even if they managed to do it somehow, there'd be no donations for matching.

Awkwardly expressed, and that's a fact. They do not have the custom to emerge, and after implantation will be much more active in my opinion.

BroTroxer and K1773R are active on the forum to respond to the current technical condition Anoncoin and if someone has a problem.
They do all what they must, but they not involved in the implantation nor authorized for reporting on progress, at this time.

There is no PR for ANC, and he will not even need much PR after implantation of ZC.

Gnos1s may fail to June 1st, but it does not matter except that you will keep 5k$ in your pocket.

Smiley

I believe that he could arrange something unfinished until June 1st, but I expect a perfect product,
and Gnos1s will do that for sure!

alincoln

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:30:59 PM

Yes
Yes

Awkwardly expressed, and that's a fact. They do not have the custom to emerge, and after implantation will be much more active in my opinion.

BroTroxer and K1773R are active on the forum to respond to the current technical condition Anoncoin and if someone has a problem.
They do all what they must, but they not involved in the implantation nor authorized for reporting on progress, at this time.

There is no PR for ANC, and he will not even need much PR after implantation of ZC.

Gnos1s may fail to June 1st, but it does not matter except that you will keep 5k$ in your pocket.

Smiley

I believe that he could arrange something unfinished until June 1st, but I expect a perfect product,
and Gnos1s will do that for sure!

You see, I'd be much more inclined to extending the deadline if I had seen some interest from those who could benefit from my offer.

A potential $10,000 reward (best case if the community donated $5,000) isn't negligible but apart from saying "I accept your offer" there was no further post, indicator of interest, or milestone achieved.

I don't know if Gnosis will ever finish ZC (hope he does as he seems a knowledgeable guy), but being a superior technical product is far from being sufficient for having a winning product/big market share. History is full of examples: betamax versus VHS, Windows versus Linux and so on.

K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:59:29 PM

You see, I'd be much more inclined to extending the deadline if I had seen some interest from those who could benefit from my offer.

A potential $10,000 reward (best case if the community donated $5,000) isn't negligible but apart from saying "I accept your offer" there was no further post, indicator of interest, or milestone achieved.

I don't know if Gnosis will ever finish ZC (hope he does as he seems a knowledgeable guy), but being a superior technical product is far from being sufficient for having a winning product/big market share. History is full of examples: betamax versus VHS, Windows versus Linux and so on.
I, once again, dropped them a message they should write something here.

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
lunokhod2

Activity: 249

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 08:23:43 PM

Yes
Yes

I don't get it either. 10,000 USD will likely become 1 million USD at the peak of the post zerocoin bubble. Either the devs are already wealthy, extremely idealistic, extremely naive, or just screwed up.

I have brought up "delegation" before, and they don't seem to get it: If you look at the website, you will notice that they recently added "We are in need of a person (or team) to perform PR, and community support. You can donate your time, or get paid for your work on a regular basis." This is exactly what I suggested should be done about a month ago in this thread (i.e., a team of about three people). They even copy-pasted my coinwiki article on Anoncoin (in an extremely awkward way) into their site (no tips, THANKS ALOT!). I already offered to help, for free: no reply.

At this point, I just don't care anymore. If the devs pull this off, I will cash out at the first opportunistic moment, and support the first zerocoin clone that comes along. If the devs think that I am in this just for a quick investment, they can go fuck themselves.
alincoln

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 08:28:59 PM

I don't get it either. 10,000 USD will likely become 1 million USD at the peak of the post zerocoin bubble. Either the devs are already wealthy, extremely idealistic, extremely naive, or just screwed up.

+1, I couldn't have said it better except maybe for adding the option the devs are utterly antisocial guys.
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 265 »
  Print  

Jump to: