Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:30:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 265 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history)  (Read 530463 times)
niteglider

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Lean into the curves.

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 02:29:45 PM

Hi @,
I love the concept behind anoncoin.

IMHO here we have a problem, we need to know that things are going on

The last post on twitter was written 28 of april, and now we know that the zerocoin will not be implemented, the the zercoin's devs stop to develop it in favour of zerocash (that will be presented the 18).

We need a sign from meeh or one of the devs; the community sometimes is at least as important that the features implemented on a coin.

This is my thought

This cannot be stressed enough... so many of us would be willing to devote more time and treasure to this project *if* we had some frequent updates such as a quick post here every other day or so.  I know that folks are busy with earning a living and volunteering and developing, but *faith* in the project and it's eventual completion is essential, and the long periods of silence make keeping faith more difficult than necessary.  My 2 cents.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ruggito

Activity: 283
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 03:12:01 PM

Hi @,

The last post on twitter was written 28 of april, and now we know that the zerocoin will not be implemented, the the zercoin's devs stop to develop it in favour of zerocash (that will be presented the 18).

We need a sign from meeh or one of the devs; the community sometimes is at least as important that the features implemented on a coin.

This is my thought

The bold I highlight is not true.Zercoin's devs did not present  source code of a program which can be cloned by anybody,they printed a paper merely.Gnosis are coding for implementation of Zerocoin according to the paper. Meeh  writed to Zercoin's devs,but they did not reply.

I found the info here

http://www.reddit.com/r/Anoncoin/comments/258d5a/zerocoin_when/

and here

https://twitter.com/matthew_d_green/status/465963763028340736

And I'm writing here to ask to these people that have more info than me. I understand the "faith" question, but if I have an information and in some place it's written the opposite, I think that the only way to achieve some goal is..... asking, as I did

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
DeepVault
Blockchain File Signatures
deeponion.org
SpruceMoosey

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 03:20:25 PM

This is a general information thread.
Dev's should look in here from time to time, if they don't it doesn't mean they are bad.

If you are interested in a coin, and you only go as far as the thread on this form, well, you are going to have a bad time...

Having said that I think it would be nice to have a comprehensive update on Anonycoin anytime soon,   from a marketing perspective, now is a perfect time!!!
Ruggito

Activity: 283
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 03:26:10 PM

This is a general information thread.
Dev's should look in here from time to time, if they don't it doesn't mean they are bad.

If you are interested in a coin, and you only go as far as the thread on this form, well, you are going to have a bad time...

Having said that I think it would be nice to have a comprehensive update on Anonycoin anytime soon,   from a marketing perspective, now is a perfect time!!!

+1

Agreed with you. I want only to focus the attention about the fact that not all the time the best project is the successful one (VHS vs Betamax, for ex).

Some kind of marketing is necessary. And in cryptocurrency, the community is fundamental. That's all, I don't want to annoying you more  Grin

Have a nice day

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
DeepVault
Blockchain File Signatures
deeponion.org
altcoinherald

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 03:42:49 PM

Vote for Anoncoin in the 'greatest altcoin of all poll' at Altcoin Herald. http://altcoinherald.com/altcoin-polls/vote-greatest-altcoin/  Grin

Right now there are NO VOTES for Anoncoin. That's too anonymous!
tomothy

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:10:47 PM

Can we please have some updates from the DEV about technical progress (aside from just logos, etc). What happens if ZERO COIN is not released in the near term? Will you be working on anonymity innovations on your own?

Look at the market value of Anoncoin and Darkcoin. Darkcoin is 30 times more. Now. From $5 000 they could make $150 000 if they stayed committed to the idea of Zerocoin. But seems to me they have much better jobs than to work on this project anymore.

I know Dreamcoin still implementing Zerocoin also.

My understanding is that Dreamcoin said they had fully implemented zerocoin; this was not the case. All dreamcoin is was a clone of another coin. Sure they might be implementing it but it's never a good sign when they say its ALREADY implemented and wasn't.

Regarding complaints about updates/lack of progression; I sure as heck don't know how to code and I could throw lots of money at something but it doesn't change the fact that this project isn't the dev's dayjob. Give them some space let them do what they do; they are continuing to make changes and commits. Regardless of when this comes out; I'll be happy because it offers a strong alternative that isn't some quick pump and dump scheme to enrich a select few. On the otherhand if you start to see massive changes in the network and coin supply; hold on to your coins because we will be in for a bumpy ride. TLDR: Keep calm and anon on. Wink
tomothy

Activity: 258

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:26:45 PM

Does anyone have a link to a good block explorer and or is there interest in supporting one? The new one that was just posted seems to be down and has been down for some period of time now. I'm still trying to track down some missing transactions and was just wondering.
WDL

Activity: 54

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:02:06 PM

Hi @,

This is my thought

The bold I highlight is not true.Zercoin's devs did not present  source code of a program which can be cloned by anybody,they printed a paper merely.Gnosis are coding for implementation of Zerocoin according to the paper. Meeh  writed to Zercoin's devs,but they did not reply.

I found the info here

http://www.reddit.com/r/Anoncoin/comments/258d5a/zerocoin_when/

and here

https://twitter.com/matthew_d_green/status/465963763028340736

And I'm writing here to ask to these people that have more info than me. I understand the "faith" question, but if I have an information and in some place it's written the opposite, I think that the only way to achieve some goal is..... asking, as I did

All info you presented could't  illustrate  the zerocoin will not be implemented ,Gnosis are working for it.
Huh, I wish testnet be launched as soon as possible.
TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:22:20 PM

Does anyone have a link to a good block explorer and or is there interest in supporting one? The new one that was just posted seems to be down and has been down for some period of time now. I'm still trying to track down some missing transactions and was just wondering.

+1
http://explorer.anoncoin.net/
https://coinplorer.com/ANC/Addresses/0/Top

gostrol

Activity: 57

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:28:36 PM

Zerocoin is a public library on GitHub that dev can put in their project to work with it. Dreamcoin and Libertycoin are both scamcoin that did only copy this library in their github to make it look like they are implementing it. In fact they are doing nothing as far as coding it into their coin, they put the library there to make people believe they will use it. Anoncoin's dev Gnos1s on the other hand did extensive coding and implementation work is still ongoing to put a working Zerocoin implementation in anoncoin. Even more Gnosis want to have a trustless zerocoin by using RSA-UFO which would be the most amazing way to implement such a technology. I could further explain why a trustless zerocoin is necessary and why it has an edge over Zerocash if this achievement is done but at first let us wait for the 18 may and the publication of the new zerocash paper.

Can we please have some updates from the DEV about technical progress (aside from just logos, etc). What happens if ZERO COIN is not released in the near term? Will you be working on anonymity innovations on your own?

Look at the market value of Anoncoin and Darkcoin. Darkcoin is 30 times more. Now. From $5 000 they could make $150 000 if they stayed committed to the idea of Zerocoin. But seems to me they have much better jobs than to work on this project anymore.

I know Dreamcoin still implementing Zerocoin also.

My understanding is that Dreamcoin said they had fully implemented zerocoin; this was not the case. All dreamcoin is was a clone of another coin. Sure they might be implementing it but it's never a good sign when they say its ALREADY implemented and wasn't.

Regarding complaints about updates/lack of progression; I sure as heck don't know how to code and I could throw lots of money at something but it doesn't change the fact that this project isn't the dev's dayjob. Give them some space let them do what they do; they are continuing to make changes and commits. Regardless of when this comes out; I'll be happy because it offers a strong alternative that isn't some quick pump and dump scheme to enrich a select few. On the otherhand if you start to see massive changes in the network and coin supply; hold on to your coins because we will be in for a bumpy ride. TLDR: Keep calm and anon on. Wink
drAGon925

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:32:42 PM

I can tell you that this is a chance for buying on low price.

It is not really important if would Zero implantation be in 2-3 or 6 weeks.
Most important is that all is setup like it should be.

Gnosis or Meeh will see this posts and respond soon.
They still have their Anoncoins, and it is not in there interest to give us fake informations.

So, I understand impatience, in time when DRK price rise.

I do not mind if people love to spend money on fake anonymity in DRK.
But I can not understand why waiting with Anoncoin buy on this price.
People will buy for 60$  rather then now on 0.6$, it is psychology......

But, who knows, we will see soon  Smiley

gostrol

Activity: 57

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 07:06:34 PM

People buying DRK now are not investors they are dumb sheeps...

True investors know when to invest and where to find the information needed, there is not only btctalk on internet and the devs can be contacted through other means than a forum Wink

I will not tell more, the clever understand  Wink

They still have their Anoncoins, and it is not in there interest to give us fake informations.

drAGon925

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 07:30:44 PM

People buying DRK now are not investors they are dumb sheeps...

True investors know when to invest and where to find the information needed, there is not only btctalk on internet and the devs can be contacted through other means than a forum Wink

I will not tell more, the clever understand  Wink

Some of them will profit, devs definitely with such premine..
It is not bad coin, you can send DRK normal : )   
But they are not buying what they think they buying..
it is just PR and sheep who follow.. like Dogecoin.  Dark this Dark that, and Dark became like brand,

2m premined, from total 84m reduced to 21m I think.

We may have lost the early "war" versus darkcoin, but this would solve itself with time anyway, because their coinjoin implementation is broken and coinjoin itself too (you have to trust the party your mixing with, otherwise he can map addresses to ppls).
Sooner or later someone/something (like a service) will be deanonymized and the shitstorm will very likely kill darkcoin anyway.

SpruceMoosey

Activity: 51

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 07:51:06 PM

Spent half a fucking hour typing up a great post, and this useless forum said it was within 90 secs of my last post, so it deleted it all.

FUCK THIS useless forum!!!1
drAGon925

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 07:57:51 PM

Spent half a fucking hour typing up a great post, and this useless forum said it was within 90 secs of my last post, so it deleted it all.

hahahah, you are funny!

Now we all want to hear what you had to say?!!

I have all night, take your time  ; )

dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 08:41:31 PM

Install Lazarus and this will NEVER happen again.

http://getlazarus.com/
drAGon925

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:25:32 AM

Hi @,

This is my thought

https://github.com/Anoncoin

Gnos1s was very busy today, and I'm happy to see this!

https://github.com/Anoncoin/ufo_client/commits?author=Gnos1s

I think he want to catch reward of one member  Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=227287.1180
Arlic

Activity: 43

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 02:04:01 PM

We should make a precise list of things to do, to make Anoncoin more popular.

When we will have list like that, we will able to do a contest on forum with guaranted reward.
If there will be more than one solution, will make a choice over a vote system.

For example:
We need to make a clear tutrioal about "How to handle the built in TOR and I2P system"
At first we will have make a topic on one forum with explanation about the problem,
then we will add a reward to the topic with nicknames of people that guarante the reward.

Why only on one forum? It's simple, we don't want to have multiple instances of the same problem in diffrent forums, it will help us to avoid problems like that,
Of course we can spread a link to the contest on other forums.
Arlic

Activity: 43

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 05:18:48 PM

Probably DNS'es are down again.

The website is at activosys.no servers.
lunokhod2

Activity: 249

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 09:20:38 PM

We should make a precise list of things to do, to make Anoncoin more popular.

When we will have list like that, we will able to do a contest on forum with guaranted reward.
If there will be more than one solution, will make a choice over a vote system.

For example:
We need to make a clear tutrioal about "How to handle the built in TOR and I2P system"
At first we will have make a topic on one forum with explanation about the problem,
then we will add a reward to the topic with nicknames of people that guarante the reward.

Why only on one forum? It's simple, we don't want to have multiple instances of the same problem in diffrent forums, it will help us to avoid problems like that,
Of course we can spread a link to the contest on other forums.

Hi Arlic, I am glad to see this enthusiasm! Nevertheless, I would just like to warn you that the developers do not appear interested in "promoting" this coin, and they seem to be unwilling to delegate PR to an outsider. (Conversely, they appear active in developing the code  Smiley ). I in fact suggested a similar thing as you about a month ago.

I am still a believer in this coin, but from my perspective, the community will have to take the lead on PR without any contribution from the core developers.

I think that the best way to proceed would be to create a new, community based, web site that is 100% divorced from the developers. One possibility, which is still available, is anon-coin.org. From this web site, we could ask for donations, from which we could offer bounties on the prioritized list you mention (there is no donation address on the official website...). Of course, we would need someone to organize all this: I would be happy to provide the text for the web site, but that is about it. Perhaps n00n would be willing to do the web design... Is anyone willing to buy the domain name and host such a site?
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 265 »
  Print  

Jump to: