Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:27:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Worried about btc future  (Read 8866 times)
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:35:36 AM

I see a lot of optimism about bitcoin, which is understandable seeing the price recently.
But I have to admit I'm a little worried about the long term future of btc.
The major problems if the currency still haven't been dealt with. I see 2 major ones:

-Block size. Which makes the delay and fees of transaction rise very fast. Smaller transactions are more and more difficult to make.
-The centralization of the market. China got low cost electricity, which make them by far the most bitcoin mining capable.
-And maybe others that I'm not aware of.

Another thing: The Hard forks that are oddly getting much more frequent than before. (BCH, BTG, Segwitx2 etc...) It almost looks like "attacks" in order to divide us. Now called "airdrops" by the community. Even though they're supposed to solve some of the problems.

All in all, this makes me really worried about btc future. I've been a strong holder since 2014, and I made quite a lot of money with bitcoins, but I begin to doubt now, even though the price is crushing ATM. Please help me keeping faith. Or should I switch to another currency ? Really thinking about ETH recently.

Transaction fees are going high because of the rising number of transaction on that particular time. Which means more and more miners are needed to compensate this increase and provide lower transaction fees.

Hard forks on the other hand really don't affect the coin negatively. Two hard forks was made this years and if you will see the prices it affected the price positively.

for me, I really don't care much about the bitcoin transaction fees and I am even thankful to these miners because without them, there will really no integrity to each bitcoin transactions.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:33:31 AM

I see a lot of optimism about bitcoin, which is understandable seeing the price recently.
The major problems if the currency still haven't been dealt with. I see 2 major ones:

-Block size. Which makes the delay and fees of transaction rise very fast. Smaller transactions are more and more difficult to make.
-The centralization of the market. China got low cost electricity, which make them by far the most bitcoin mining capable.

Another thing: The Hard forks that are oddly getting much more frequent than before. (BCH, BTG, Segwitx2 etc...) It almost looks like "attacks" in order to divide us. Now called "airdrops" by the community. Even though they're supposed to solve some of the problems.

All in all, this makes me really worried about btc future. I've been a strong holder since 2014, and I made quite a lot of money with bitcoins, but I begin to doubt now, even though the price is crushing ATM. Please help me keeping faith. Or should I switch to another currency ? Really thinking about ETH recently.

Hard forks need to happen to help Bitcoin solve its problem for example block size will be sorted in the future via a hard fork.
Hard forks are not a way to solve the problem hard forks happen when there are differences in the direction a project should take, the core developers thought that segwit and the lightning network were the best ways to scale the network while some miners wanted bigger blocks, so the miners forked bitcoin and they got their bitcoin cash with 8MB blocks and no segwit.
amelitojr47

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:51:09 AM

m not worried about the future of bitcoin cause im sure its already known btc is now have a bright future
salad daging

Activity: 1694
Merit: 822

Bitcoin To The Moon 📈📈📈

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 03:52:51 AM

Transaction fees are going high because of the rising number of transaction on that particular time. Which means more and more miners are needed to compensate this increase and provide lower transaction fees.

Hard forks on the other hand really don't affect the coin negatively. Two hard forks was made this years and if you will see the prices it affected the price positively.

for me, I really don't care much about the bitcoin transaction fees and I am even thankful to these miners because without them, there will really no integrity to each bitcoin transactions.

Well without the big miners from China our deals will be hampered and remember we are just as Bitcoin lovers, whatever happens to Bitcoin in my own future will not care, my most important investment goes well in Bitcoin. about the existence of hardfork also it helps us to add new investment opportunities for us.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:45:40 AM

Well without the big miners from China our deals will be hampered and remember we are just as Bitcoin lovers, whatever happens to Bitcoin in my own future will not care, my most important investment goes well in Bitcoin. about the existence of hardfork also it helps us to add new investment opportunities for us.
Without china, the bitcoin has still survived and it is really taking off to the moon  without the support of the chinese people and that is the proof that the future of bitcoin is very bright because it can stand on its own feet without the support of the big countries because the support that it is getting from us is more than enough to make a lot of changes in the market of bitcoin.
michellee

Activity: 2814
Merit: 844

BetFury.com Cryptodrop 🌔 Share $20 MLN in

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:50:26 AM

i think we don't have to be worried about bitcoin in future because if bitcoin is really good enough to survive then bitcoin will be stay beside us and will be our way to find a better solution for our financial problem. I am sure that people which using bitcoin will stay with bitcoin and they know that bitcoin is stronger enough to be the best investment for them and they will still using bitcoin until the last coins. the time will give the proof to us how strong bitcoin and we can continue to used bitcoin day by day.

▄██▄▄                          ▄████
             ▄█▀   ▀▀▄▄                    ▄█▀▀   ▀█▄
            █▀         ▀▄                ▄█▀        █▄
           █▀   ▄█▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀      ▀▄   █▄
          ▄█   ▄█▀███▄▄                          █   ▀█
          █    ▀   ▀████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █   █▄
          █         ▀████████████████████████▄▄▄      ██
         ██        ▄██████████████████████████████▄    ▀█▄
        ▄█▀     ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████▄▄   ▀█▄
      ▄█▀     █████████████              ▀▀████████████▄   █▄
    ▄█▀        ▄██████████████▀▀█▄    ▄▄     █  ▀██ ▀███▄   ██
   ███▄▄     ▄███████████▀▀           ▀██▄        ▀  ▀▀     █▀
     █▀     ███████████▀                               ▄▀   ██
    █▀    ▄██████████▀                       ▄▄▄       ▀   ▄█
   █▀    ▄██████████▀           ▄▄      ▀▀████████▄         ▀██▄
  █▀    ▄███████████          ▄██▀   ▀▀█▄   ▀███████▄▄▄██▄▄   ▀██▄
 █▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ████      ▀██▄  ▀████████   ▀▀▀    ▀█▄
▄█              ▀▀█           ████  ▄▄█▄▄███▄  ▀██████           ▀█▄
██▄▄▄▄▄                       █████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀████▄           ██
       ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄                █████▄▄▄            ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▄██
               ▀▀▀▄▄           ▀█████████████████▄▄          ▄▀▀▀
                    ▀▀▄▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀
                        ▀
.BETFURY..
|
         ▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄▄▄
      ▄███▀▀▀█▀▀  ▄████▄
    ▄██     ▀       ▀▀███▄
  ▄██   ▄██▄    ▄█▄   ▀████▄
 ██▀    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀█     ▀███
██▀   ▄███   ███▄▄▄█▄    ▀███
██    ███  ▄█▀▀█▀▀███     ███
██    ███▄▄██ █▄█▄ ███    ██▀
██        ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀     ██
██▄   ▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄     ▄█▀
 ██▄█▀  █▄▄█ █▄  █ ▄▄   ▄██
  ███   █▄▄█ █   █▄▄█  ▄█▀
   ████▄             ▄██▀
    ▀█▀█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀
WIN REAL CRYPTO IN THE REAL DROP
JOIN $20,000,000 CRYPTODROP
|Join Fury Game
Get Free Crypto
BFG, USDT, BTC, ETH
|▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀████
████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████▀  ▄█████
██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██▀  ▄███████
████████▄ ▀█▄   ▄█████████
██████████▄ ██ ▀██████████
█████████▀   ▀█▄ ▀████████
███████▀  ▄██▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████
█████▀  ▄██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀████
████▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄████
 ████████████████████████
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
...PLAY...
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 05:50:43 AM

Without china, the bitcoin has still survived and it is really taking off to the moon  without the support of the chinese people and that is the proof that the future of bitcoin is very bright because it can stand on its own feet without the support of the big countries because the support that it is getting from us is more than enough to make a lot of changes in the market of bitcoin.
Right now bitcoin might be growing good, but at the early day China's contributions is a much needed one. Right now the China's place has been getting compensated by the other countries people who has been getting into bitcoin paving path for successful growth and becoming a perfect asset to have a good future.
_noname_

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:33:56 AM

i think we don't have to be worried about bitcoin in future because if bitcoin is really good enough to survive then bitcoin will be stay beside us and will be our way to find a better solution for our financial problem. I am sure that people which using bitcoin will stay with bitcoin and they know that bitcoin is stronger enough to be the best investment for them and they will still using bitcoin until the last coins. the time will give the proof to us how strong bitcoin and we can continue to used bitcoin day by day.
there is no need to worried about bitcoin future because the rate of bitcoin is increasing with time and it is because more and more people are interesting in bitcoin now and they are investing huge amount in bitcoin so if this process is continue then we can say that bitcoin will gain an excellent future.
Leomarco

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

☀️ Iskra Coin ☀️

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 06:57:00 AM

i think you should dont worry about that because many people and country support bitcoin and it will make bitcoin more famous than before and the price will increase every year. as long as people are still using bitcoin then the future of bitcoin is still assured

daadi059

Activity: 91

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 07:03:01 AM

Why worry about the future of bitcoin? Bitcoin has "struggled" itself and has existed since 2009 to date. So bitcoin will survive longer and be stronger.
rajuahmed330

Activity: 450

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:11:27 AM

I've been a holder since 2014 as well but am now also looking to diversify into a few other cryptos including ETH but main bulk of investment will still remain in BTC as can't see anything superior to it.
I also support about this topic your talk. Not worried about bitcoin. But sometimes it is go about worry. The going banned of some country is very quickly and Illegal of bitcoin uses. It will be happy news when every country will be legal of bitcoin.

Be hardworker
Pinkris128

Activity: 812
Merit: 262

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:27:37 AM

If bitcoin does not survive I do not see any other currency taking bitcoin place, so if you want to get out of bitcoin I will suggest to get out of cryptocurrencies completely, and about the hard forks it is very obvious the forks are not being created to solve anything, it is just an attempt to make money with bitcoin’s name and at the same time to attack bitcoin and see if people fall and accept one of these awful coins as the new dominant coin.
You will see if the bitcoin was not processing well so you dont need to worry. As Insee in bitcoin now it was just in the start of growing and developing. You are lucky because since 2014 you are holding bitcoin and I know that you earned a huge amount of it. You only need to believe in bitcoin like what you have did 3 years ago. If you are worried about the future of bitcoin then convert it now into fiat for security of your money i dont see any cryptocurrency that can defeat bitcoin or can replace it.
engrshu

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:25:20 AM

there is no need to worried about bitcoin future because the rate of bitcoin is increasing with time and it is because more and more people are interesting in bitcoin now and they are investing huge amount in bitcoin so if this process is continue then we can say that bitcoin will gain an excellent future.

Indeed, the popularity of bitcoin is spreading like a disease, this is a good indication of how bright the future is for bitcoin. Sure btc price is volatile and hard forks really caused a dip in the trend, but we all see how the price of btc bounced back and continue to increase. Don't invest everything because we can't predict the future, but based on what is happening, surely btc has a positive future.

[
danielcansil

Activity: 210
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:30:38 AM

surely i worry about bitcoin future, it is so unstable and lost its price quickly whenever a hard fork happen, but it still not disappear now so we can only hope bitcoin will fast for every longtime and do the best to keep investing in bitcoin to ensure bitcoin future.
Prodigan786

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:41:58 AM

After OP's psot bitcoin price increased more than 2500$ in that OP would have make good profit for Holding . I think it is the right time to take profit and invest on some good altcoins which is really low after Segwit2x bitcoin price will reduce and Eth will start its normal raise.
seek4dream

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:54:02 PM

After OP's psot bitcoin price increased more than 2500$ in that OP would have make good profit for Holding . I think it is the right time to take profit and invest on some good altcoins which is really low after Segwit2x bitcoin price will reduce and Eth will start its normal raise.
I hope so.
Btc price had risen so much, which is beyond my imagination.
I have too much alt coins now. It would be much better if I had exchanged them for btc earlier.
s31joemhar

Activity: 602
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:56:00 PM

I don't think it's necessary to worry too much. Mainly depends on the number of people to use. Look at this point. None of the others can compare with BTC. So I think the future of BTC must be good

yes sir your right dont worry about bitcoin in the future you will worry if you dont invest you money on bitcoin now then you will regret in the future why you not invest
Phyton76

Activity: 504
Merit: 268

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 02:57:59 PM

If you are worried about the future of the bitcoin.Nothing to fear or worry about the future of bitcoin. All that's happening with bitcoin is positive and till date haven't shown any signs of destruction. If it is towards the end, now the entire technology advancement should have come to an end without new usage implementation. Bitcoin future is really good.
Cremeboy

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 03:00:15 PM

Not worried at all. Definitely paper currency would go out of circulation someday and I'm going to strongly lean towards bitcoin. I'll rather say the future is veru bright indeed because acceptance levels are on the increase daily.
pri3oner

Activity: 504

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:04:13 PM

One thing I believe in hardly: once governments are dealing with btc on legal level the future of crypto MUST be shining. Let's look at Russia in the near future when they done the law edits about btc.

███████████   ███   ████     Ever wish you could turn back time to when BTC was $1?     ████   ███   ███████████
B I T G E S E L L          Decentralized Cryptocurrency
██               ████████     •    Telegram    •    Twitter    •    Discord    •    Thread    •     ████████               ██
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: