Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 11:05:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Worried about btc future  (Read 8869 times)
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 06:58:04 PM

I see a lot of optimism about bitcoin, which is understandable seeing the price recently.
But I have to admit I'm a little worried about the long term future of btc.
The major problems if the currency still haven't been dealt with. I see 2 major ones:

-Block size. Which makes the delay and fees of transaction rise very fast. Smaller transactions are more and more difficult to make.
-The centralization of the market. China got low cost electricity, which make them by far the most bitcoin mining capable.
-And maybe others that I'm not aware of.

Another thing: The Hard forks that are oddly getting much more frequent than before. (BCH, BTG, Segwitx2 etc...) It almost looks like "attacks" in order to divide us. Now called "airdrops" by the community. Even though they're supposed to solve some of the problems.

All in all, this makes me really worried about btc future. I've been a strong holder since 2014, and I made quite a lot of money with bitcoins, but I begin to doubt now, even though the price is crushing ATM. Please help me keeping faith. Or should I switch to another currency ? Really thinking about ETH recently.
If bitcoin does not survive I do not see any other currency taking bitcoin place, so if you want to get out of bitcoin I will suggest to get out of cryptocurrencies completely, and about the hard forks it is very obvious the forks are not being created to solve anything, it is just an attempt to make money with bitcoin’s name and at the same time to attack bitcoin and see if people fall and accept one of these awful coins as the new dominant coin.
I believe you are very wrong on that premise, Bitcoin Cash has shown that it has the ability to overtake Bitcoin should it eventually crash and its the only cryptocurrency that can do that at the moment. And with the block size i thought that was exactly what the hard fork was supposed to fix so that we could faster transactions and lower fees but none of them really worked.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Similificator

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 07:31:27 PM

In my opinion the only problem of bitcoin is the high transaction fees. This problem will be solved with the advent of the Lightning Network.

I couldn't agree more. This is also my main concern with bitcoin. The high transaction fees amd the time requirement for every confirmation of all the transactions using bitcoins. Lightning network may be the only one that can get rid of this problem. I hope sooner or later, the lightning network will manage to miraculously pull this off.
CryptoProcent

Activity: 291
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:36:33 PM

I think you do not have to worry. Maybe his price will not reach 1 million but it certainly will not disappear. Bitcoin is a road opener, you can not say it did not exist.
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:28:31 AM

I think you do not have to worry. Maybe his price will not reach 1 million but it certainly will not disappear. Bitcoin is a road opener, you can not say it did not exist.

It will still go up and if ever there will be some corrections along the way, it will stay here for long and for the future. Bitcoin is good and we just have to take and follow the wave and where the money is going on.
anhhung409

Activity: 318
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:33:15 AM

I see it too. Almost all small transactions can not be done or the execution time is pretty long, which makes me rather angry. Probably because Bitcoin's development goes hand in hand with the fees going up. There is so much bitcoin uncertainty recently though its price is still rising. However, ETH is a wise choice, it can help you feel less anxiety and more stable.

shellsshells

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:17:21 AM

Investing in bitcoin is a scary lane but i have a feeling that if bitcoin does not make it, there is no other crypto that will take its place so it is better to risk it on the best crypto than any other.
Lecam

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:18:37 AM

I don't think that we shouldn't be too worried about the future of BTC. The thing is BTC is something that had already survived for few years, and I am quite positive that it will continue to survive despite what happens in the future. A lot of people have already invested, so they cannot just shut it down.
BumbleBeast27

Activity: 76

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:18:46 AM

While that is a possibility, it would all depend if the reason for Bitcoin's 'possible downfall' is a fault that applies to all other alt coins. Otherwise, the technology itself will survive through other coins.
bloodyvio

Activity: 546
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 11:44:16 AM

bitcoin is the mother of all crypto
even if the bitcoin has been replaced by another altcoin
bitcoin still has a value in the market.

and I began to doubt the future of bitcoin
as more promising altcoins are emerging, as well as internal bitcoin problems (high fees, long confirmation, size block).

so I do not think it's surprising that in the future BTC will be replaced by BCC or other altcoins.

Shafiqul Islam

Activity: 546

burst.money

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 12:03:52 PM

I don't think it's necessary to worry too much. Mainly depends on the number of people to use. Look at this point. None of the others can compare with BTC. So I think the future of BTC must be good
i am agree with you sir. i don't worry about bitcoin future.  i hope bitcoin aquare a better position next year 2018. people involving now bitcoin and many online market and shop, restuarants accept it legally. so bitcoin future is good.

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM       █│█     MEDIUM          GITHUB     ]
OuterTech

Activity: 294

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 12:13:14 PM

Bitcoin's future is hard to predict. But with what you have to say about the cost of each and every transaction that is increasing, the transaction time is very slow, then it is something that Bitcoin needs to improve to be able to become the currency of the future. Bitcoin cannot easily disappear, because it does not depend on any individual or organization, so it only disappears when no one trades and invests in it.  Tongue

kaygie

Activity: 20

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 12:21:09 PM

Bitcoins have already proven to be a strong asset. If you do it right, you should not really to much about the future of bitcoin as the price value of it might decrease, but it should only really gradually decrease, by this time should have already cashed out.

I'm never afraid of the future of bitcoin, which I'm afraid is just how to make 1 bitcoin even more. because bitcoin prices are increasing I can not buy more bitcoin we have to find other options to get it

Same here I actually i don't care what bitcoin current or future price because I'm not using bitcoin as long-term investment but more of  a medium that gives me the opportunity to earn beside my bed and support my daily needs.
chadtn

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 01:45:42 PM

We should understand that it is high risky invetment. And in next month can be everythng. So diversify risks and then be able to get more profits

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
newegggo

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 12:06:04 AM

What a day!!
Almost all cryptocurrencies lost 40%.
It is time to re-bounce.

Cryptoshops

Activity: 271
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 12:18:10 AM

People have been worring about the future of Bitcoin from its very beginings in 2009 and its still here 8 years on,  but Bitcoin has changed from a everyday buying currency which is was supposed to be used for, to an investment currency so i doubt very much it will go anywhere soon unless the governments and  banks decide to stop every bitcoin transaction across the world Smiley
skyflakes88

Activity: 124

▰▰ ARENA SPACE ▰▰

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 01:04:46 AM

I see a lot of optimism about bitcoin, which is understandable seeing the price recently.
The major problems if the currency still haven't been dealt with. I see 2 major ones:

-Block size. Which makes the delay and fees of transaction rise very fast. Smaller transactions are more and more difficult to make.
-The centralization of the market. China got low cost electricity, which make them by far the most bitcoin mining capable.

Another thing: The Hard forks that are oddly getting much more frequent than before. (BCH, BTG, Segwitx2 etc...) It almost looks like "attacks" in order to divide us. Now called "airdrops" by the community. Even though they're supposed to solve some of the problems.

All in all, this makes me really worried about btc future. I've been a strong holder since 2014, and I made quite a lot of money with bitcoins, but I begin to doubt now, even though the price is crushing ATM. Please help me keeping faith. Or should I switch to another currency ? Really thinking about ETH recently.

a lot of hurdles will come and greater FUD will try to kill bitcoin so big players such as whales and financial institution can play in the field a lot they are the ones who benefit from when there is a crisis in the forex and stock market just be always one step ahead practicing a lot of trades may help you a long the way and having a stable emotions to play is really important in this crazy market.

tanginamoo

Activity: 276

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 01:11:13 AM

Bitcoin's price is low for now. This is really alarming especially if you invest on bitcoin when its in high price. It is a big loss if this price will not come high. Bitcoin's price should inflate immediately to rise again for the future.

2Godbdglory

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 01:50:45 AM

Though honestly i'm not worrying that much about btc's future for the next 3- 5years. Of course i have some business contingencies planned just in case but i think bitcoin will continue to grow in ...
KrisAlex18

Activity: 742
Merit: 160

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 02:00:33 AM

I am also worried about the future of bitcoin. We can not predict what may happen next that's why it is important to secure your future so that if ever a trouble occur, you are prepared. You can try investing with other currencies while investing in bitcoin but be smart still on choosing which currency you are going to invest to. We are all trying to be optimistic with the future of bitcoin but we are not in control and the worst will come no matter what.
airdnasxela

Activity: 728
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 02:04:28 AM

Behind all the optimism lies all the worries we have for bitcoin. We can not disregard the fact that we can not avoid the bad things happening in bitcoin. No matter what good deeds it is showing to us right now, time will still come wherein it will be down and things would go wrong. We should prepare already for those crisis so that we wouldn't broken when the time comes.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: