Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:23:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 [201] 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243131 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
calxibe

Activity: 273
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 10:24:40 AM

Is there a guide on how to set up masternode (sanctuaries) now? Would really like to get one started...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
capulo

Activity: 491
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 10:33:48 AM

So if I switch to solo then my miner will only have to do work as difficult as needed and not as difficult as pool work?

You can solve a share in the pool every 15 minutes, vs once every 30 days (solo mining) on a laptop.

EDIT: My 500 HPS slow single core has solved 7 shares in the last 15 minutes in the pool.  I think the pool is behaving correctly.

Blocks Mined (24 hour period):   4 (2%) does not looks like 'correctly'. isnt pool diff affecting also solving blocks? or is it only network traffict? higher diff => less traffic? but still lots of miners are randomly down. probability of this, that one day pool found 40 blocks and another day 4 is almost zero. it does not have anything with 'luck' or botnet. it is only some pool problem
slovakia

Activity: 770

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:13:19 PM

So my understanding is that the pool uses a share system, to divvy up the pool rewards, shares are based on how much hash each person contributes

Example:
Miner 1 - 50 shares
Miner 2 - 30 shares
Miner 3 - 20 shares

So if its just them 3, They will get 50%, 30%, 20%

Rob I believe is changing how many shares everyone gets, so for example it may now be:

Miner 1 - 5 shares
Miner 2 - 3 shares
Miner 3 - 2 shares

So they each still get the same amounts 50%, 30%, 20%

So I believe that is why Rob is saying the shares are relative

Why change the share values? I am not sure LOL

I raised the minimum pool difficulty because the lowest reference machine was solving 30 shares in 15 minutes.

I made it 3 per 15 minutes, then some of Lukes miners dropped out, then I raised it again to the midpoint, and now I think its a good happy medium.

It allows the pool to scale a little further into the future (performance-wise) before we need to double its size.  The other concern I had is I had the suspicion that some people are creating VM's to make more money and thats really not we're about.  At least I dont want the pool to subsidize that behavior.

The pool is for the average everyday miner.

So which numbers count on pool? HPS, HPS2, or Shares which are the numbers that result in blocks being solved?

If I take CPU that gets 800 HPS on 1 worker I get HPS2 40000 - 60000 and 20 - 40 shares

If I take same CPU and put on 10 workers I get 80 HPS each and HPS2 200000 - 400000 (total) and 80 - 140 shares (total)

These numbers are not exact but just to show if you split your worker you get same HPS but MORE HPS2 and MORE shares.

So which is better for solving blocks? and why is situation 2 possible if that is not helping solve blocks but produce a bigger share of block?

Just FYI I am not in this project to "make more money". I am trying to help solve blocks for the pool. I didn't get involved or buy into biblepay to get rich.

I like when you say we are not here to make money :-) thats beautifull. But I need to say smthing to you. If you like it or not 99% of miners are doing it because of the future profit :-)
all miners is here for future profit:  whoerever says no = so deceives

bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 01:49:30 PM

It looks like the POL proposal will pass, what happens then?

Ill just subtract the money I earned off of it from the PODC proposal.

Ill enter the PODC proposal in a few hours and we can all vote on it.

Besides, POL is now in Biblepay's arsenal as an available tool.  Its not a bad tool, but it has a couple small problems:  Needs a BL rule for total allowed stakeweight per mining period, 'possibly' allows the rich to get a little richer, and is less effective at staving off the botnet as PODC with the signed cpid rule.  So in my PODC proposal Im going to recommend we leave it turned off for now.  But as I said its a great tool to have and Im thinking maybe someday we either still use it partially, Or we adapt it to work inside PODC (as a genuine mining marker per work unit- something to propel proof-of-distributed computings integrity higher for the masses).

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 01:58:31 PM

So if I switch to solo then my miner will only have to do work as difficult as needed and not as difficult as pool work?

You can solve a share in the pool every 15 minutes, vs once every 30 days (solo mining) on a laptop.

EDIT: My 500 HPS slow single core has solved 7 shares in the last 15 minutes in the pool.  I think the pool is behaving correctly.

Blocks Mined (24 hour period):   4 (2%) does not looks like 'correctly'. isnt pool diff affecting also solving blocks? or is it only network traffict? higher diff => less traffic? but still lots of miners are randomly down. probability of this, that one day pool found 40 blocks and another day 4 is almost zero. it does not have anything with 'luck' or botnet. it is only some pool problem

Ill make you a deal Capulo.  Ill lower the diff so low, lower than anyone has ever seen, lets raise the shares per user to an extremely high level, over the next 24 hours and lets see if anything happens?  We solved 3% over the last 24 hours - 6 blocks - marked as of now.

If you run the 'exec versionreport' I do see 61% are still on 1081.  That suspiciously looks like most of the solo traffic.  Us plus them = 64%, so I assume a private pool has the other 33%. 

Making the change now as of 2-10-2018 @ 0900 AM CST.

The pool is still down 1 million so Im in with all of you, hoping the pool can solve more blocks, Im not against you.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
slovakia

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:16:32 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2018, 04:13:39 PM by slovakia

i can say to all where is problem with pool:

more miners using VPS and all what using strong machines=using multiwallets=and thats main problem= pool is very weak

next few weeks pools rewards will be 1-2%

its easy

simply clever= SKODA  Grin

Wink

edit:// after 2 hours Blocks Mined dropped to (2%)  Huh and here is VPS,multiwallet evil  Sad

pool needs strong xeon,ryzen,coffe lake,i7 machines with HPS1 no with multiwallets

howgh

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 04:52:59 PM

Testing PODC in testnet has been phenomenal so far.

All bugs discovered have been fixed.

We have 15 CPIDs (Rosetta Researchers) crunching in Test so far.

(Which is awesome), but we need more.  Can we please shoot for about 50 CPIDS?  So we can make a call on PODC in a few weeks.

Please, add a Rosetta CPID and help us test here:

http://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=108.new#new

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:42:50 PM
Merited by calxibe (1)

Is there a guide on how to set up masternode (sanctuaries) now? Would really like to get one started...

http://wiki.biblepay.org/Create_Sanctuary_2

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 05:55:29 PM

I added the Poll for PODC here:

http://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=109.0

Its in the pool now, in the governance list, if you are a sanctuary please vote on it at your convenience.

NOTE: It will take an hour for this proposal to be votable as 6 confirms must pass by.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
EmoHP

Activity: 59

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:19:39 PM

Sorry, maybe it's not the first time sb asks this question. For sure I'm not the first noticed it, too. Sorry being boring to ask.
Why some people asking reasonable questions are banned and the questions left not-answered?

Such questions have never been answered, let's bring top 5:
1. Clear explanation of hps and hps2 difference.
2. Clear explanation of shares versus hps2
3. What's the idea of masternodes. Why I would want to create one. What's the profit for me, for the network, for the richest persons in BBP?
4. How can we find transparent compare of our own hash to global hash and shares for a long period as for sure they're in the pool's database.
5. Not proportional share vs real hps in the pool. Which brings some doubts about phantom hash/shares in the pool and why we have only 1 pool.

As I strongly believe in GOD, I realized money have ever been the opposite to GOD. Money = Power = Devil. That's why I abandoned my passion to BBP before 2-3 weeks. Now when I'm back the price is down, including relative price in Bitcoin. I hope some day all we will have the answers. Especially hps vs hps2.
joelles

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:04:38 PM

Still two spots left for shared MN, pm me here or joel on discord. price 155k bbp each
DreamsOfCovfefe

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 02:56:52 AM

As I strongly believe in GOD, I realized money have ever been the opposite to GOD. Money = Power = Devil. That's why I abandoned my passion to BBP before 2-3 weeks. Now when I'm back the price is down, including relative price in Bitcoin. I hope some day all we will have the answers. Especially hps vs hps2.

Money is not evil. The LOVE of it IS. Read your Bible man.
znffal

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 04:57:50 AM

I showed some people who had a mediocre level of sophistication in terms of cryptocurrency go to the biblepay website and be turned off by the webpage.

The new logo and wallet design is beautiful: but they wont get that far.

Perhaps a website revamp is in order at some point.

They noted specifically the way it seemed to emotionally camp the "help the africans" scheme, and too much text to consume at first glance.

All of us here are aware of the legitimacy of the project, but unsophisticated observers are being turned off by webpage design - just something to consider.

On parts of the website, the dark grey, blackish theme is really great. Maybe that could be used to transform the webpage.

In progress...

http://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=101.0

dave_bbp

Activity: 405
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:40:03 AM

Ill make you a deal Capulo.  Ill lower the diff so low, lower than anyone has ever seen, lets raise the shares per user to an extremely high level, over the next 24 hours and lets see if anything happens?  We solved 3% over the last 24 hours - 6 blocks - marked as of now.

If you run the 'exec versionreport' I do see 61% are still on 1081.  That suspiciously looks like most of the solo traffic.  Us plus them = 64%, so I assume a private pool has the other 33%.  

The pool is still down 1 million so Im in with all of you, hoping the pool can solve more blocks, Im not against you.

Lowering the difficulty definitely had some effect. All the small miners (even Raspberry Pis) are constantly in double digits share-wise. However my two strong DualXeon machines show huge inconsistencies regarding their HPS2 and shares, one of them (running 1089) even drops to 5-6 shares from time to time, which is completely ridiculous. So the low difficulty seems to level down all miners to a certain level of "uniformity" and give a big malus to the stronger machines.
The pool itself seems to hit a bit more blocks (10 currently for 24h), but I'm not sure how this would be a result of lowering the diff; it probably is a coincidence.

Regarding the PODC: I ran BOINC for maybe 30 hours now on my Xeon 1230v3 (half of the time besides a cryptonight miner) and right now I'm sitting at RAC 503 and mag 55. Over the last couple of hours I received 3 mining payments with exactly 75318.58 tBBP each. Is this some kind of bug? It seems quite strange to me to receive 3 mining credits in 5 hours. Or is this the accumulated credits for all my BOINC mining (but then it would also be strange to have thrice the exact same amount...)?
ALTJ1990

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 08:43:16 AM

Ill make you a deal Capulo.  Ill lower the diff so low, lower than anyone has ever seen, lets raise the shares per user to an extremely high level, over the next 24 hours and lets see if anything happens?  We solved 3% over the last 24 hours - 6 blocks - marked as of now.

If you run the 'exec versionreport' I do see 61% are still on 1081.  That suspiciously looks like most of the solo traffic.  Us plus them = 64%, so I assume a private pool has the other 33%.  

Lowering the difficulty definitely had some effect. All the small miners (even Raspberry Pis) are constantly in double digits share-wise. However my two strong DualXeon machines show huge inconsistencies regarding their HPS2 and shares, one of them (running 1089) even drops to 5-6 shares from time to time, which is completely ridiculous. So the low difficulty seems to level down all miners to a certain level of "uniformity" and give a big malus to the stronger machines.
The pool itself seems to hit a bit more blocks (10 currently for 24h), but I'm not sure how this would be a result of lowering the diff; it probably is a coincidence.

Regarding the PODC: I ran BOINC for maybe 30 hours now on my Xeon 1230v3 (half of the time besides a cryptonight miner) and right now I'm sitting at RAC 503 and mag 55. Over the last couple of hours I received 3 mining payments with exactly 75318.58 tBBP each. Is this some kind of bug? It seems quite strange to me to receive 3 mining credits in 5 hours. Or is this the accumulated credits for all my BOINC mining (but then it would also be strange to have thrice the exact same amount...)?

I have mined 32 coins in 48 hours Sad slice of that beautiful pie please sir lol B9KZzCzTCveHfBEHVutRnzT2MqqSzEqxGy
dave_bbp

Activity: 405
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:15:15 AM

I have mined 32 coins in 48 hours Sad slice of that beautiful pie please sir lol B9KZzCzTCveHfBEHVutRnzT2MqqSzEqxGy

Lol, I think you mixed something up here. I mined these amounts in tBBP, which are not real Biblepay coins, but just imaginary BBP in testnet (hence tBBP) for testing new upcoming features in a closed environment. These thousands of tBBP aren't worth anything and cannot be converted to anything else. Wink
Btw: I just received another payment of the exact same amount of 75418.58 tBBP...

P.S.: My mining outcome in real  BBP is also not a lot these days. Wink
ALTJ1990

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 09:17:51 AM

Lol, I think you mixed something up here. I mined these amounts in tBBP, which are not real Biblepay coins, but just imaginary BBP in testnet (hence tBBP) for testing new upcoming features in a closed environment. These thousands of tBBP aren't worth anything and cannot be converted to anything else. Wink
Btw: I just received another payment of the exact same amount of 75418.58 tBBP...

P.S.: My mining outcome in real  BBP is also not a lot these days. Wink

ohh i can sit back and not feel so hard done by haha, hope the testing is going good I wanted to jump on but i'd need spoon feeding what to do, i'd be a bit of a pain 
joelles

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:26:41 AM

Ok 2 spots left in shared MN 155k bbp each pm me
ALTJ1990

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 09:38:52 AM

Ok 2 spots left in shared MN 155k bbp each pm me

I haven't got this amount of coin "yet" but I'm working on it. What sort of profit/return will I gain when I can approach you? I have seen you post a few times now
slovakia

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:43:48 AM

ALTJ1990 omg stop writing craps here.....nonstop ballasts

ROB: can you explain in whitepaper how rosetta working with bbp? still missing important informations for us ....

cos this your steps kills complete BBP

1. we need on our VPS masternodes linux desktop?
2. we need install rosetta on our linux machines? how? 
3. how working mining BBP with cancer? any scheme pls
4. 100% power mining BBP how can i set rosetta in linux?

why missing importatnt info on main web?  we dont want info here,forum,reddit= we need 1 place for all news

Pages: « 1 ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 [201] 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: