Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:31:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 [610] 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243167 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
sunk818

Activity: 1176
Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2019, 11:14:18 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2019, 02:00:49 AM by sunk818

You are joking right?  You sent this update out to a newsletter but didn't bother to put it on the biblepay webpage?  If a new user goes to the website, they have know nothing about POG.  There are 634 pages on this thread, you expect a new user to go through that?  Nowhere is it written how podc coexists with pog.  Nowhere does it say how to tithe a certain amount.

This wiki post (which doesn't seem to be linked to other than from this forum) doesn't even explain how to enable POG:  https://wiki.biblepay.org/Proof-of-Giving-for-Beginners

This doesn't mention POG:  https://www.biblepay-central.org/en/documentations/mining-how-to/

I honestly don't know how you expect people to ever understand this coin.  I work in IT and this system still perplexes me.

Biblepay-Central is a third-party effort. It is up to them to update information if they want.

the wiki entry you missed has the info:

Code:
POG Usage Manual

To participate, modify the biblepay.conf with the following setting:
tithe=1
gen=1
nickname=your_nickname (this is used so you can identify yourself easily, others can see your nickname in the pool also) This tells biblepay that you are willing to spend BBP on tithes when tithing is profitable.

Let me know if you need more help.

The newsletter link was announced in social media (discord, reddit, twitter). It is on my to-do list to make a copy as a blog post on the main site. For now, the newsletter link is here.

You have valid concerns and many aspects of the coin can be improved. If you're interested in volunteering your skills, I'm sure we can find something for you to do. Anyway, the best explanation for PoG right now is this: https://wiki.biblepay.org/Proof-of-Giving-for-Beginners

I've written a how-to guide for setting up PoG for beginners, but I've embargoed it until PoG is actually live. I'm trying to protect users from accidentally donating to the Orphan Foundation early and not receiving a reward for it. I've read at least 4 users that inadvertently did this so I don't want to provide a guide that would make the accidental donation even worse.

macko20

Activity: 89
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 11:29:37 PM

If someone has a fork problem
Here is a download link
https://mega.nz/#!kwIxGIZS!lXOsJYzIjmbTT2Sek2xmXcqDJB2zYLNu1fCpN1c0Ytc
Chainstate valid
just put in C: \ Users \ YourUserName \ Appdata \ Roaming \ BiblepayCore
"AppData" and "Application data" are hidden by default
Enter show hidden files and folders
macko20

Activity: 89

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 11:41:47 PM

Rob

Warning:  You have violated our community guidelines.

Here is topic about bbp

Thank You
sunk818

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2019, 11:53:55 PM

If someone has a fork problem
Here is a download link
https://mega.nz/#!kwIxGIZS!lXOsJYzIjmbTT2Sek2xmXcqDJB2zYLNu1fCpN1c0Ytc
Chainstate valid
just put in C: \ Users \ YourUserName \ Appdata \ Roaming \ BiblepayCore
"AppData" and "Application data" are hidden by default
Enter show hidden files and folders

Don't download files from unknown individuals. You'll be more secure to download the blockchain from other QT wallet peers not some random zip file

capulo

Activity: 491

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 12:44:30 AM

heh diff goes up quickly...
24k, 22 days coin age  Shocked
seems it tooks also previous tithes before 100k
i think it will be now like on spring Smiley

but i already see one problem with pog. no new user will wait 22 days for first payment... especialy beginners
capulo

Activity: 491

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 12:58:01 AM

hmm one wallet showing pogpool also with tithes before 100k and another wallet only 100k+ tithes Smiley
one wallet diff 37k another 15k hmmm

edit: after wallet restarts all wallets shows 37k...
where is pogpool menu? i cant see it
sunk818

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2019, 01:11:13 AM
Last edit: February 07, 2019, 01:58:29 AM by sunk818

24k, 22 days coin age  Shocked

but i already see one problem with pog. no new user will wait 22 days for first payment... especialy beginners

Yes, that was my thought too. If you type pogpool in debug, you'll see everyone listed. You were not part of testnet, so there's some misunderstanding. min coin age like PoG difficulty fluctuates. PoG only looks at last 205 blocks. So, if people can not donate because PoG difficulty is too high, difficulty will go down. That means min coin age goes down and well as minimum balance required (you may need 5000 BBP balance address to donate 150 BBP)

hmm one wallet showing pogpool also with tithes before 100k and another wallet only 100k+ tithes Smiley

I will post this on github as an issue about pogpool menu. https://github.com/biblepay/biblepay/issues/67

I don't know what you mean by 37k BBP.

thesnat21

Activity: 490
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2019, 01:42:17 AM

You are joking right?  You sent this update out to a newsletter but didn't bother to put it on the biblepay webpage?  If a new user goes to the website, they have know nothing about POG.  There are 634 pages on this thread, you expect a new user to go through that?  Nowhere is it written how podc coexists with pog.  Nowhere does it say how to tithe a certain amount.

This wiki post (which doesn't seem to be linked to other than from this forum) doesn't even explain how to enable POG:  https://wiki.biblepay.org/Proof-of-Giving-for-Beginners

This doesn't mention POG:  https://www.biblepay-central.org/en/documentations/mining-how-to/

I honestly don't know how you expect people to ever understand this coin.  I work in IT and this system still perplexes me.

Thank you for also proving the point of why we need folks to report issues on github.

Biblepay central is Lichtsucher's site,  the rest of us have no control over it.
bible_pay (OP)

Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2019, 02:41:28 AM

Rob

Warning:  You have violated our community guidelines.

Here is topic about bbp

Thank You

No, you are allowed to post cryptocurrency news here, or non biblepay related articles that are helpful, or help newbies get started with crypto, etc.

But not to post things encouraging people to leave for another crypto - etc.

We are also here to educate people.

Please try to improve your attitude also - at the very least you should be more respectful.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2019, 02:58:38 AM

That should not be able to happen; maybe the block clicked by while you were looking at the diff.

So try this;  showblock 100,020
Take down diff values
Do the showblock 100,020 on the other machine
Verify they match
If so , the pogpool should also match on both machines.

If not, verify the 2nd machine is not on a fork.

Im looking for the PogPool UI now myself.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2019, 03:00:31 AM

24k, 22 days coin age  Shocked

Yes, that was my thought too. If you type pogpool in debug, you'll see everyone listed. You were not part of testnet, so there's some misunderstanding. min coin age like PoG difficulty fluctuates. PoG only looks at last 205 blocks. So, if people can not donate because PoG difficulty is too high, difficulty will go down. That means min coin age goes down and well as minimum balance required (you may need 5000 BBP balance address to donate 150 BBP)

I will post this on github as an issue about pogpool menu. https://github.com/biblepay/biblepay/issues/67

I don't know what you mean by 37k BBP.

Yes, the pog difficulty recalculates every block, but is based on a 40 block look-back period, so we should have another chance at tithing within 40 more blocks.

Im already out of the game as it currently requires a 40 day coin-age.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2019, 03:03:24 AM

24k, 22 days coin age  Shocked

The 205 block superblock does take into account blocks before 100,000 (that was programmed in so that we cut over smoothly), but of course going forward its fair as it will constantly have a readjusting diff going forward.

Anyway, you dont have to ever wait more than 24 hours for payment.  The reward is once every 205 blocks.

We should see a superblock in about 35 blocks.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2019, 03:25:27 AM

I've tried following the instructions at https://wiki.biblepay.org/Ecommerce so I can buy gift cards. I can't make it work:
Code:
09:22:08   exec listproducts
09:22:09
{
  "Command": "listproducts"
}
The shelves are empty. They talk about unlocking my wallet but I can find no way to do that. I added my shipping address in my biblepay.conf file and restarted my wallet.

Yeah, we did have Amazon integration once, but that is temporarily disabled due to the high fees.   But now we have Walmart integration live, but only inside the pool.

To buy the gift card please visit pool.biblepay.org and click Store.  Its all we have right now.

(Im going to work on Walmart gift cards that can be emailed very soon).

These are ordinary gift cards, you can integrate them with what you want.
A classic distraction from problems.
Do not treat people like idiots.

Your really getting on my nerves.  They were not ordinary gift cards - we did have integration with amazons api - and the minimum fee per month was $100 even if we didnt use it, I dont sit around here making up things.

Call yes please call.  Also it took at least 2 weeks of development time.

We should not punish others here for your lacking of intelligence to understand simple things, imho.  You should be more cognizent of the orphans you are hurting as well.

In addition we sold Bibles from amazon directly through the wallet for a short period of time.  Thats still coming in the future when we have a budget.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2019, 03:36:12 AM

** PRAYER UPDATE **

Due to continuing extended defacement of the prayer system we now require prayers to be signed.  If you have a prayer please email it to me :
rob@biblepay.org
And I will get it entered for you until we release a UI for signing and staking collateral with a prayer.

** DEVELOPER UPDATE **

This week we upgraded our github code repository to support Prod, TestNet and Develop branches with distinct versions and the ability to deploy distinct EXEs for testing.
  For the testnet group, this means they will be able to test a feature built from a different branch.  For Prod this means we will be able to fix our version alert on the overview page.
Devs:  If you have any code changes to check in, please check them into Develop first.  Then we will code review and promote the code to Test, then Prod.  Do not check in any untested code to the master branch.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 03:36:57 AM

I would humbly ask that it actually gets used then.  Nothing in the discord announcements about this fork, about POG, about anything important.  If POG starts in 2 days, where is it announced?  

Discord announcements channels weren't utilized for this specific change. All the other points you mentioned are being discussed here, Discord, and other social media channels. We've been discussing on Discord testnet and mining channel for weeks now. I also sent out a newsletter to 500+ subscribers.  Are you on the newsletter list? https://www.biblepay.org/newsletter/

More than reasonable attempts were made to get the word out via e-mail and social media. I'm not sure why you missed the communications. Is there some other way you want to be notified?

You are joking right?  You sent this update out to a newsletter but didn't bother to put it on the biblepay webpage?  If a new user goes to the website, they have know nothing about POG.  There are 634 pages on this thread, you expect a new user to go through that?  Nowhere is it written how podc coexists with pog.  Nowhere does it say how to tithe a certain amount.

This wiki post (which doesn't seem to be linked to other than from this forum) doesn't even explain how to enable POG:  https://wiki.biblepay.org/Proof-of-Giving-for-Beginners

This doesn't mention POG:  https://www.biblepay-central.org/en/documentations/mining-how-to/

I honestly don't know how you expect people to ever understand this coin.  I work in IT and this system still perplexes me.

I think you are looking at the very old information - you should see this one we updated today:

https://wiki.biblepay.org/Proof-of-Giving-for-Beginners

This link says tithe=1  but on another post you said it should be over 2.  Also how is someone going to find this link?  If someone googles biblepay and goes to the website, they will never find it.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2019, 03:41:52 AM

I would humbly ask that it actually gets used then.  Nothing in the discord announcements about this fork, about POG, about anything important.  If POG starts in 2 days, where is it announced?  

Discord announcements channels weren't utilized for this specific change. All the other points you mentioned are being discussed here, Discord, and other social media channels. We've been discussing on Discord testnet and mining channel for weeks now. I also sent out a newsletter to 500+ subscribers.  Are you on the newsletter list? https://www.biblepay.org/newsletter/

More than reasonable attempts were made to get the word out via e-mail and social media. I'm not sure why you missed the communications. Is there some other way you want to be notified?

I think you are looking at the very old information - you should see this one we updated today:

https://wiki.biblepay.org/Proof-of-Giving-for-Beginners

This link says tithe=1  but on another post you said it should be over 2.  Also how is someone going to find this link?  If someone googles biblepay and goes to the website, they will never find it.

In the docs, we explain that the number is the tithe frequency in minutes.  It should be over 2 if you use it.

We also accept 1 as a value for Default.  This means it reverts to the network spork frequency (thats one tithe per 4 hours).  So for newbies, use 1 - that is the simplest setup.

We are looking for a web developer who can handle maintenance of our wordpress website.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2019, 04:07:03 AM

Regarding the inability to see the POG GUI in 1.1.8.5:
This is a bug.  (It only affects the UI however so it will be a leisure upgrade).

1.1.8.6 is building now- it should be ready by 6 AM.

MIP, could you please build 1.1.8.6?

For anyone who self compiles QT, 1.1.8.6 is ready now.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
SVK Noko

Activity: 267

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 05:41:29 AM

Wallet 1.1.8.5, win10

I set in config:

tithe=1
gen=1
nickname=...

After restart wallet freezed in 1 minute. After second restart wallet freezed in 1 minute.

For me enough. Deleted tithe from config. Thanks.
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 05:55:40 AM

You are joking right?  You sent this update out to a newsletter but didn't bother to put it on the biblepay webpage?  If a new user goes to the website, they have know nothing about POG.  There are 634 pages on this thread, you expect a new user to go through that?  Nowhere is it written how podc coexists with pog.  Nowhere does it say how to tithe a certain amount.

This wiki post (which doesn't seem to be linked to other than from this forum) doesn't even explain how to enable POG:  https://wiki.biblepay.org/Proof-of-Giving-for-Beginners

This doesn't mention POG:  https://www.biblepay-central.org/en/documentations/mining-how-to/

I honestly don't know how you expect people to ever understand this coin.  I work in IT and this system still perplexes me.

Biblepay-Central is a third-party effort. It is up to them to update information if they want.

the wiki entry you missed has the info:

Code:
POG Usage Manual

To participate, modify the biblepay.conf with the following setting:
tithe=1
gen=1
nickname=your_nickname (this is used so you can identify yourself easily, others can see your nickname in the pool also) This tells biblepay that you are willing to spend BBP on tithes when tithing is profitable.

Let me know if you need more help.

The newsletter link was announced in social media (discord, reddit, twitter). It is on my to-do list to make a copy as a blog post on the main site. For now, the newsletter link is here.

You have valid concerns and many aspects of the coin can be improved. If you're interested in volunteering your skills, I'm sure we can find something for you to do. Anyway, the best explanation for PoG right now is this: https://wiki.biblepay.org/Proof-of-Giving-for-Beginners

I've written a how-to guide for setting up PoG for beginners, but I've embargoed it until PoG is actually live. I'm trying to protect users from accidentally donating to the Orphan Foundation early and not receiving a reward for it. I've read at least 4 users that inadvertently did this so I don't want to provide a guide that would make the accidental donation even worse.

I understand biblepay-central is 3rd party.  Unfortunately there are zero instructions on the biblepay website as to how to set up the wallet.  Instead there is a link to biblepay central.  I understand the wiki entry has the info.  How will anyone see it?  The title of this thread doesnt even say POG!  There is no centralized area for information.  Its scattered and outdated.  Currently I see 23 participants in POG, so I guess after a week or so we will truly know how many people are actually understanding this coin.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2019, 06:06:16 AM

1.1.8.6-Leisure Upgrade

- Make POG Pool Menu options available

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Pages: « 1 ... 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 [610] 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: