Bitcoin Forum
July 17, 2018, 12:14:17 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.16.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] Sphere - Decentralized Social Networking >200,000 users  (Read 17856 times)
skybot13x

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

“Decentralizing Wealth Building Investment Opportu

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 07:07:48 PM

Maybe we have a chance now for crypto social media. A lot of people and companies starting to delete or at least stop using facebook for advertisment thanks to the big data abuse scandal.

I have been thinking about it too, but some websites that needs to be login with facebook. So Im stuck for a while. Maybe remove personal contents.
Will gladly move to Sphere after this.

I only use Facebook because of my spotify account, besides that i stopped using it and i have so many people around stopped using facebook due to some privacy concerns, which seems true after latest news. So Sphere can thrive with the privacy side of social media.

I must say it's quite naive to just now find out Facebook knows too much about you and isn't always using it respectfully

To avoid arguments it's best to do some research before sharing too much opinions. If there isn't a data privacy problem. No one would state the issue

in the case of facebook there was a data privacy problem. anyway I think people will start to jump ship to other social media platforms.
regardless of the data scandal i think that now the time of facebook has passed, and become obsolete, old, i think that sphere can be a viable alternative, perhaps the best...

I disagree that you say regardless of the data scandal. I think such events will strongly accelerate the process of innovation in the field because people are now creating demand for improved social networks and they make that clear by taking legal action against them.

Yes, facebook created a hole and it gives another opportunity for other parties to patch it.

It will be interesting whether Facebook even considers to implement something like blockchain. Experts on some public media channels have been discussing that option.

Yeah, I would like to call it a blessing in disguise that will motivate people to look for other alternative social media platforms.

Not sure if they actively look for alternatives but such incidents give room for very well targeted advertising campaigns from projects like Sphere. I think it will still take quite some time until Sphere and others might go mainstream.

Transforming Venture Capital
     ▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇  READ OUR WHITEPAPER  ▇▇

███████████       ▄▄█████▄▄        ████      ████   ████
      ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄█████▀▀▀█████▄     ████      ████   ████
      ████          ▐███▀       ▀███▌    ████      ████   ████
      ██████████    ███▌         ▐███    ████      ████   ████
      ████▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▐███         ███▌    ████      ████   ████
      ████           ████▄▄   ▄▄████     █████▄  ▄█████   ████
      ███████████     ▀▀█████████▀▀       ▀██████████▀    ████
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▀████▄▄            ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀
                        █▄▄  ▀▀██
                         ▀████▄▄
                           ▀▀████
                               ▀▀
Telegram Chat
ANN Thread
Website
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit
The World's Betting Exchange

Bet with play money. Win real Bitcoin. 5BTC Prize Fund for World Cup 2018.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Michelle24

Activity: 308
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 07:45:36 PM

Maybe we have a chance now for crypto social media. A lot of people and companies starting to delete or at least stop using facebook for advertisment thanks to the big data abuse scandal.

I have been thinking about it too, but some websites that needs to be login with facebook. So Im stuck for a while. Maybe remove personal contents.
Will gladly move to Sphere after this.

I only use Facebook because of my spotify account, besides that i stopped using it and i have so many people around stopped using facebook due to some privacy concerns, which seems true after latest news. So Sphere can thrive with the privacy side of social media.

I must say it's quite naive to just now find out Facebook knows too much about you and isn't always using it respectfully

To avoid arguments it's best to do some research before sharing too much opinions. If there isn't a data privacy problem. No one would state the issue

in the case of facebook there was a data privacy problem. anyway I think people will start to jump ship to other social media platforms.
regardless of the data scandal i think that now the time of facebook has passed, and become obsolete, old, i think that sphere can be a viable alternative, perhaps the best...

I disagree that you say regardless of the data scandal. I think such events will strongly accelerate the process of innovation in the field because people are now creating demand for improved social networks and they make that clear by taking legal action against them.

Yes, facebook created a hole and it gives another opportunity for other parties to patch it.

It will be interesting whether Facebook even considers to implement something like blockchain. Experts on some public media channels have been discussing that option.

Yeah, I would like to call it a blessing in disguise that will motivate people to look for other alternative social media platforms.

Not sure if they actively look for alternatives but such incidents give room for very well targeted advertising campaigns from projects like Sphere. I think it will still take quite some time until Sphere and others might go mainstream.
And exactly that is the problem. They are very weak in grabbing a chance and using it to their advantage.
Insted, theese meaningless advertizements appears here from time to time.

BY_ATOM

Activity: 294
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2018, 08:00:59 PM

A project, which is specialized in Social Networking and doesnt care about the most important network in cryptoland, Bitcointalk has failed in my eyes.
 Sad
I think you're right about something. I do not understand how to build feedback to the community. if for the last 30 pages I have not seen any messages from the project. It's very sad(

cryptobaro

Activity: 182
Merit: 8

Turkish Translator

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2018, 08:03:15 PM

A project, which is specialized in Social Networking and doesnt care about the most important network in cryptoland, Bitcointalk has failed in my eyes.
 Sad
I think you're right about something. I do not understand how to build feedback to the community. if for the last 30 pages I have not seen any messages from the project. It's very sad(

well i agree with you. I dont know how will that happen..

# VIARIUM #  THE FIRST VR PLATFORM FOR BUSINESS ON BLOCKCHAIN
# VIARIUM 》Pre-sale started《 VIARIUM # (https://viarium.io/)
bitcoin-shark

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 08:04:01 PM

n the past few days we have seen news reports about illegal data in the Bitcoin blockchain. Not only Bitcoin, but also other blockchains are vulnerable. It could happen elsewhere too, but those media are mutable, id est the illegal data can be removed after the fact. Now I understand Sphere will probably try to filter data before it is set in stone, but eventually some data will slip through. Any ideas about this?
They are trying to soft fork BTC to get rid of those vulnerabilities but still nothing has happened so far. The 51% issue is probably a true danger and jeopardize the whole blockchain. Anyways, during this transitive period, no rapid moves or actions are reasonable.
i also believe that we need to adopt a waiting strategy right now, i hope sphere will make strict controls and filters to all the data...

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         █████████████████████████▄   
       ███████                 ██████
     ██████                      ██████
    █████      ███████████▄        ████
   ████      █████████████▀         ████
  ████      █████            ██      ████
 █████     ████     ▄▄▄      ███     ████
 █████     ████   ███████   ████
 ████      ████   ███████   ████
 ████      ████   ██████    ████      ███
  ████     █████   ▀▀▀▀     ████     ████
  ████      █████            ██      ████
   ████      █████████████▄         ████
    █████      ███████████▀        ████
     ██████                       ████
       ██████
         ██████████████████████▄
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
SKYFchain
█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█      █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█  ▄██
██▀  █
█      █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█
tudor_simion

Activity: 224
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 08:10:30 PM

Sad

We are expecting many answers from them regarding Sphere in many respects.
This lack of communication easily leads to mistrust. Maybe they will fix this problem. From my point of view, leaving everything up to ICO is not very convincing.

cmg12

Activity: 280
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 08:57:03 PM

Sad

This lack of communication easily leads to mistrust. Maybe they will fix this problem. From my point of view, leaving everything up to ICO is not very convincing.
They need to fix this issue because this can easily escalate and can result in an unsuccessful ico
Traderbtcc

Activity: 389
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 09:53:22 PM

Sad

One of the most important things aspect of any project is the communication. I've seen projects fail due to inadequate or lack of information from the team to the investors. Thia is one thing the Sphere team needs to learn. You can't claim to build a social platform without being social, even to your investors. It just can't work. That's why I left their Telegram Channel.

PS92

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 10:04:13 PM

Why does it have to be a competition of existing platforms . Wouldn't it be more successful if it provides additional feature by partnering with them.

would you like coke and pepsi to partner up and offer only one option of cola? I wouldn't. I like pepsi just the way it is and dislike coke. get it now?

Otherwise Facebook would simply buy Sphere

belechau

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

PORTUGUESE TRANSLATOR / BOUNTY MANAGER

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 10:34:12 PM

Why does it have to be a competition of existing platforms . Wouldn't it be more successful if it provides additional feature by partnering with them.

would you like coke and pepsi to partner up and offer only one option of cola? I wouldn't. I like pepsi just the way it is and dislike coke. get it now?

Surely it is a possible attack by other networks, I hope the real sense of decentralization will be strengthened, if it ever happens, if they sell after forming a solid community and the great possibility of dominating the segment would be tragic and regrettably pathetic

CryptoCutie

Activity: 238
Merit: 131

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 11:49:48 PM

yes i think also sphere has a very good chance to make people left their recent stuffs and join with this new platform.
toolucky98

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 02:59:02 AM

Its their decision to make a new social media, their own social media.
They could just make a partnership with an existing social media and improve it, but they dont want to.

of course the idea could only work if it is a successful social media, brand new. building up will take time, but the incentive method could be a winner

So if this is a project of what they want and not what the community wants . It's no different from the existing doctors social platforms.
There is nothing to do with "what they want and not what the community wants" community isnt only about 1 people.

jonnytracker

Activity: 504
Merit: 261

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2018, 07:50:12 AM

Its their decision to make a new social media, their own social media.
They could just make a partnership with an existing social media and improve it, but they dont want to.

of course the idea could only work if it is a successful social media, brand new. building up will take time, but the incentive method could be a winner

So if this is a project of what they want and not what the community wants . It's no different from the existing doctors social platforms.
There is nothing to do with "what they want and not what the community wants" community isnt only about 1 people.

"community isnt only about 1 people" thanks, but that is common sense. The point is Sphere Vs the Community(users)

▄████▄ ██▀ ▀██ ██ ██████▄▄ ▀█▄ ▄█▀ ▀▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▀██ ▀██▀ ██ ██ ███▄▄ ██ ██ ██████ ▀█▄ ▄████▄ ██ ███████ ██ ██▀ ▀██ ██ ███████ █████████ ██ ██ ███████ ██ ▀█▄ ▄█▀ ██ ██████ ▄█▀ ▀██▄▄██▀ ██ ███▀▀ ██ ▀▀▀▀ ▄██▄ ██ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▄██ ▄█▀ ▀█▄ ▄▄███▀ ██ ██████▀▀ ██▄ ▄██ ▀████▀ DEPO █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ The World’s First Decentralized Multi-Platform Collateral Infrastructure ████████████████████▄ ██ ████▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▀██▄ ██ ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██ ██ ▀██▄ ██ ██ ██ ██████████ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██ ▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ██ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██ ██ ██ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██ ██ ██ ████████████████████████████
FACEBOOK | GITHUB ▀▀▀▀▀ TELEGRAM ▀▀▀▀▀ LINKEDIN | TWITTER
safariwave

Activity: 393
Merit: 113

TokenUnion-Get Rewarded for Holding Crypto

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 08:21:58 AM

I don't think this would be an option. Facebook has the money to implement any kind of incentive strategy if they want

zgrdyg

Activity: 308
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 08:31:10 AM

Sad

I agree with you, its quite ironic that a social media platform project doesn't care about the biggest community in crypto world and no communication in here other than some small ads..

☁   Casper API   ☁
Platform for DApp developers for decentralized data storage around the world
Telegram Facebook www.casperproject.io Github Twitter ANN
jonnytracker

Merit: 261

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2018, 08:38:37 AM

Sad

I agree with you, its quite ironic that a social media platform project doesn't care about the biggest community in crypto world and no communication in here other than some small ads..

are you talking about this forum ?

▄████▄ ██▀ ▀██ ██ ██████▄▄ ▀█▄ ▄█▀ ▀▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▀██ ▀██▀ ██ ██ ███▄▄ ██ ██ ██████ ▀█▄ ▄████▄ ██ ███████ ██ ██▀ ▀██ ██ ███████ █████████ ██ ██ ███████ ██ ▀█▄ ▄█▀ ██ ██████ ▄█▀ ▀██▄▄██▀ ██ ███▀▀ ██ ▀▀▀▀ ▄██▄ ██ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▄██ ▄█▀ ▀█▄ ▄▄███▀ ██ ██████▀▀ ██▄ ▄██ ▀████▀ DEPO █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ The World’s First Decentralized Multi-Platform Collateral Infrastructure ████████████████████▄ ██ ████▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▀██▄ ██ ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██ ██ ▀██▄ ██ ██ ██ ██████████ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██ ▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ██ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██ ██ ██ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██ ██ ██ ████████████████████████████
FACEBOOK | GITHUB ▀▀▀▀▀ TELEGRAM ▀▀▀▀▀ LINKEDIN | TWITTER
loup

Activity: 336

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 09:09:01 AM

Sad

I agree, they should make a bigger effort promoting their project in bitcointalk. I guess they are working in the development in the platform but they should not neglect this.

lobat999

Merit: 251

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 09:15:04 AM

Sad

Round 4 of the ICO sale is ending in less that 10 days yet the ICO progress bar on their website is not yet updated? Or I was just mistaken?

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄           
         ▄████▀▀▀     ▀▀▀████▄         
      ▄███▀                 ▀███▄     
     ███▀                     ▀███     
   ▄██▀                         ▀██▄   
   ██▀                           ▐██   
  ███     ▄█████▄     ▄████▄▄     ███ 
  ██▌   ▐██     ██▄ ▄█▀    ▀██    ▐██ 
  ██    ██       █████      ▐█▌   ▐██ 
  ██    ▐██▄    ██▀ ▀█▄    ▄██    ▐██ 
  ██      ▀█████▀     ▀████▀▀     ▐██ 
  ██                              ▐██ 
  ██             █▄▄▄█            ▐██ 
  ██    ▄▄         ▄         ▄▄   ▐██ 
  ██▄▄██████▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄██████▄▄██ 
  ▀██▀    ▀▀████▀     ▀████▀     ▀██▀ 
                                     API
  C A S P E R 
Platform for DApp developers for decentralized data storage around the world
  Telegram    Facebook    www.casperproject.io    Github    Twitter    ANN 
king_of_alts

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 09:26:50 AM

Sad

Round 4 of the ICO sale is ending in less that 10 days yet the ICO progress bar on their website is not yet updated? Or I was just mistaken?

I think it's an automatically updated script and the figures are real. Many ICO struggle these days.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
matjas

Activity: 364
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 09:38:10 AM

Sad

I think it's an automatically updated script and the figures are real. Many ICO struggle these days.

Well, thats true many projects are struggling, but sphere exceeded their softcap and that's what's important.

Pages: « 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.