Bitcoin Forum
September 22, 2018, 03:53:49 PM *
News: ♦♦ New info! Bitcoin Core users absolutely must upgrade to previously-announced 0.16.3 [Torrent]. All Bitcoin users should temporarily trust confirmations slightly less. More info.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... 170 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] Sphere - Decentralized Social Networking >200,000 users  (Read 18749 times)
Deylandra

Activity: 15
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:41:27 PM

To the Sphere folks, I really want to invest in your ICO because I hate Facebook with a passion, lol.

And Sphere is actually a great name which is important and will give this platform an edge over other decentralized Facebook's coming out.

What I need to know before investing is:

1) Is Sphere actually (going to be) decentralized? Is the entire software going to be hosted on Ethereum (or a blockchain) or is it just the token hosted on Ethereum while the software is run on a central server?
2) Since a successful Social Network will require a lot of transactions per second, how will it scale if it's successful? What happens if Ethereum is unable to scale quickly enough in the future?
3) How is the governing of Sphere going to be decentralized? Will there by a constitution? Will there be voting? Who will get to vote? Or will Sphere the company still control it in the future thereby it won't truly be decentralized?

From what I understand about Steemit:

1) It is actually entirely on a blockchain.
2) The governing is decentralized and the founder has moved on/lost control.
3) It can scale.

If we are just replacing one centralized Facebook with another centralized Facebook that happens to pay users in crypto currency, it's still a big advantage/improvement over Facebook.

However, I would think a truly decentralized Facebook like Steemit that no one controls would outcompete Sphere over time. Thus I'd rather save my ICO money for that if/when it comes out. A big problem however, is that there really are a limited number of GOOD NAMES for social networks. Sphere happens to be a great name. It could pose a threat to Facebook if done right and truly decentralized.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hanshammer

Activity: 280
Merit: 22

The Future of Sports is Fan Controlled

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:50:49 PM

What do you guys plan in terms of marketing to attract people after the ICO? I think that's one of the most important parts for you.

Rigorous

Activity: 406
Merit: 115

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:33:04 PM

1) Is Sphere actually (going to be) decentralized? Is the entire software going to be hosted on Ethereum (or a blockchain) or is it just the token hosted on Ethereum while the software is run on a central server?
2) Since a successful Social Network will require a lot of transactions per second, how will it scale if it's successful? What happens if Ethereum is unable to scale quickly enough in the future?
3) How is the governing of Sphere going to be decentralized? Will there by a constitution? Will there be voting? Who will get to vote? Or will Sphere the company still control it in the future thereby it won't truly be decentralized?

Really good questions. Their whitepaper is lacking too many technical details that are necessary to answer them. I would suggest the developers add such details to the whitepaper or publish a separate technical whitepaper.

belechau

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

Bridging the gap between traditional and decentral

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:45:31 PM

Maybe they really need some marketing, but I do not think it's too aggressive, there's already a big influx of investors that will have that interest, the community is big, and the need to use the network is already great. Perhaps a limitless list to test how many future users are interesting

crazyfrog01

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:47:19 PM

Really good questions. Their whitepaper is lacking too many technical details that are necessary to answer them. I would suggest the developers add such details to the whitepaper or publish a separate technical whitepaper.

About question 1: It will never be fully decentralized and I think they said in the beginning that they want to make it as much decentralized as possible, but still there are mods etc. if I am not mistaken so in this case it is not 100%. Or do you just mean regarding where the data will be saved?

Sandblock  ❱❱  Decentralized consortium of brands and customers
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬          WhitepaperTelegramAnn Thread          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❰ TOKEN SALE ❱ MAY 16
Bolovich

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:47:50 PM

I bet everything on the possibility that Ethereum will come up with the perfect scaling methods. There is so much money involved and the incentive to solve the problem are extremely strong. They will make it happen.

remains to be seen. I certainly hope so, as I'm mostly invested in ETH and tokens.
Etherium has with Vitalik one of the most famous and experienced actors in the whole space. I think he and his team will make this happen.
The limitation that ethereum has will require a lot of work to be solved but I do believe that ethereum itself have a bright future.
Ethereum has enough resources to improve the system even thoes limitations are difficult to solve. I also think it has a bright future.

▬▬▬▬ ViValid   █   ITEMS' VALUE AND OWNERSHIP IN THE BLOCKCHAIN
every item has a story   █   PRE SALE 14th May 2018                                                
   █   Whitepaper   Twitter   Telegram       
Jepli

Activity: 266

AUTOBAY | Buy Your First Car With Cryptocurrency |

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:56:24 PM

I bet everything on the possibility that Ethereum will come up with the perfect scaling methods. There is so much money involved and the incentive to solve the problem are extremely strong. They will make it happen.

remains to be seen. I certainly hope so, as I'm mostly invested in ETH and tokens.
Etherium has with Vitalik one of the most famous and experienced actors in the whole space. I think he and his team will make this happen.
The limitation that ethereum has will require a lot of work to be solved but I do believe that ethereum itself have a bright future.
Ethereum has enough resources to improve the system even thoes limitations are difficult to solve. I also think it has a bright future.

One constraint for social networks will be the massive amount of data it can generate in the future and naturally it needs big data centers to store those data.

Autobay.io  │  The First Decentralized E-commerce platform to Buy or Sell Cars.
JOIN TOKEN SALE     ►   1 OCTOBER 2018   ◄
[      WHITEPAPER      FACEBOOK      TWITTER      LINKEDIN      ANN THREAD      ]

Autobay.io   │  The First Decentralized E-Commerce Platform to Buy or Sell Cars
JOIN TOKEN SALE     ►   1 OCTOBER 2018   ◄
lobat999

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

Video Layer for Ads - vidy.com

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:26:09 PM

What do you guys plan in terms of marketing to attract people after the ICO? I think that's one of the most important parts for you.

Maybe they should implement some kind of referral program to attract more users to sign up on Sphere.Imho.

█▄
████▄
███████▄
██████████▄
█████████████▄
████████████████▄
███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████▀▀
████████████████████████▀▀
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀
████████████████▀▀
████████████████▀
████████████████▀
███████████████▀
████▀▀████████▀
█▀▀   ▀██████▀
        ▀▀▀▀▀

█▄
████▄
███████▄
██████████▄
█████████████▄
████████████████▄
███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████▀▀
████████████████████████▀▀
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀
████████████████▀▀
████████████████▀
████████████████▀
███████████████▀
████▀▀████████▀
█▀▀   ▀██████▀
        ▀▀▀▀▀

sambuki

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:32:50 PM

About question 1: It will never be fully decentralized and I think they said in the beginning that they want to make it as much decentralized as possible, but still there are mods etc. if I am not mistaken so in this case it is not 100%. Or do you just mean regarding where the data will be saved?

There will be one or two things that will halt sphere to fully decentralized. But as they already said, they will try thier best to make it happens, and as long as the reason not to 100% decentralized is making sense, that is okay.
crazyfrog01

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:41:35 PM

There will be one or two things that will halt sphere to fully decentralized. But as they already said, they will try thier best to make it happens, and as long as the reason not to 100% decentralized is making sense, that is okay.

I think a fully decentralized system brings too much problems with it. Look at Steemit where no official mods etc. are in charge. Steemit is full of plagiarism and photo thefts because no one can do anything against it.

❰ TOKEN SALE ❱ MAY 16
areschen

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 01:40:00 AM

Sphere airdrop campaign has been listed on Alert Airdrop: https://alertairdrop.com/sphere/

thanks for sharing, that a good marketing and the 50 Sphere i take with me.   Grin

thanks for sharing, I must not miss this airdrop

saintkamei

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:09:36 AM

Maybe they need some marketing, but I do not think it's too aggressive, there's already a big influx of investors that will have that interest, the community is big, and the need to use the network is already great. Perhaps a limitless list to test how many future users are interesting

At this current bearish market condition, we are seeing less and less people going into alt coins. In fact, most of them have not recovered a quarter of what they lost in January. So, it will be difficult to bring people even if the project is solid. What Sphere can do is to incentivize people who are investing now and will in the duration of the project.

MIDEX ● BLOCKCHAIN BASED FINANCIAL PLATFORM
▬ with Licensed Exchange approved by Swiss Bankers and Lawyers
# WEBANN + BountyTelegramFacebookTwitterBlog # GET TOKENS #
crazyfrog01

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:26:20 AM

Maybe they need some marketing, but I do not think it's too aggressive, there's already a big influx of investors that will have that interest, the community is big, and the need to use the network is already great. Perhaps a limitless list to test how many future users are interesting

At this current bearish market condition, we are seeing less and less people going into alt coins. In fact, most of them have not recovered a quarter of what they lost in January. So, it will be difficult to bring people even if the project is solid. What Sphere can do is to incentivize people who are investing now and will in the duration of the project.

Yes, the bearish market is crazy currently and somehow it seems to not recover soon. But maybe it was needed after the crazy bullride in December where every shitcoin went up at lesst 10x, but more like 100x or more.

❰ TOKEN SALE ❱ MAY 16
omwibya

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:46:37 AM

Yes, the bearish market is crazy currently and somehow it seems to not recover soon. But maybe it was needed after the crazy bullride in December where every shitcoin went up at lesst 10x, but more like 100x or more.

things will change soon. remember that last year ETH was 10 USD at the beginning of the year.

⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●     Uchit - The Hub of Communication and Collaboration based on Blockchain Technology.     ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬      Whitepaper     Facebook     Twitter     Telegram       ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
PRE-ICO | 1st April 2018
jonnytracker

Activity: 574
Merit: 261

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 07:35:48 AM

Sphere airdrop campaign has been listed on Alert Airdrop: https://alertairdrop.com/sphere/

thanks for sharing, that a good marketing and the 50 Sphere i take with me.   Grin

Did you get the airdrop ? When are they planing to distribute it ?

▄████▄ ██▀ ▀██ ██ ██████▄▄ ▀█▄ ▄█▀ ▀▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▀██ ▀██▀ ██ ██ ███▄▄ ██ ██ ██████ ▀█▄ ▄████▄ ██ ███████ ██ ██▀ ▀██ ██ ███████ █████████ ██ ██ ███████ ██ ▀█▄ ▄█▀ ██ ██████ ▄█▀ ▀██▄▄██▀ ██ ███▀▀ ██ ▀▀▀▀ ▄██▄ ██ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▄██ ▄█▀ ▀█▄ ▄▄███▀ ██ ██████▀▀ ██▄ ▄██ ▀████▀ DEPO █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ The World’s First Decentralized Multi-Platform Collateral Infrastructure ████████████████████▄ ██ ████▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▀██▄ ██ ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██ ██ ▀██▄ ██ ██ ██ ██████████ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██ ▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ██ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██ ██ ██ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██ ██ ██ ████████████████████████████
FACEBOOK | GITHUB ▀▀▀▀▀ TELEGRAM ▀▀▀▀▀ LINKEDIN | TWITTER
cevap

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:08:44 AM

Maybe they should implement some kind of referral program to attract more users to sign up on Sphere.Imho.

Don't they already have some kind of a referral program?
I think the main marketing strategy comes before and during the ICO, because if you invested or followed the project during that time, you sure will follow its development further on.

loup

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:27:22 AM

I think the main marketing strategy comes before and during the ICO, because if you invested or followed the project during that time, you sure will follow its development further on.
I think they should put ads in important webpages like coinmarketcap. Having reviews and going to conferences is also a good idea.
king_of_alts

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:48:37 AM

I think they should put ads in important webpages like coinmarketcap. Having reviews and going to conferences is also a good idea.

I think they need more average people to join the network.A network made of crypto nerds won't be successful so maybe put ads on Facebook.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
areschen

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:59:01 AM

Did you get the airdrop ? When are they planing to distribute it ?

Actually is the link is referral program, sign up  then you will get some free token

kraftr103

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:00:26 AM

is airdrop still activ?
Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... 170 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.