Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:41:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 164 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Bminer: a fast Equihash/Ethash/Cuckaroo29z miner for AMD/NVIDIA GPUs 16.4.9  (Read 148390 times)
xxxyyyzzz

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 01:15:09 PM

just an info from me..

i used to test v6, and it has a lot rejected shares, so i stop using it,
v7 never got working, some error popup up after initialization..
v8 is ok, but i see s lot of rejected shares, didn't compare a real number with other miners but it seams big....

now been running bminer for 14h and tih has about 1.5% rejects shares against accepted shares.  thats a really big amount... i used to test dstm for some time and i guess it was like 0.99%... 0.98%   for running like 24h or so...   this miner v6 ..8...  has a large number of rejection.  

didn't compare it on pool, but it can be just worse that what console says.

Is it you the same one that posted this in DSTM bitcointalk because is exactly the same wording with different numbers so it actually looks a bit suspicious. I copy paste here:

I used to test v5.5, and it has a lot of rejected shares, so I stop using dstm...
V0.6.0 never got working, some error popup up after initialization on all rigs
v0.6.1 is ok, but I see slot of rejected shares, didn't compare a real number with other miners but it seems big...

now been running DSTM for 24h and still has about 1.5-3 % rejects shares against accepted shares.  that's a really big amount...

Pretty much same message saying opposite things. What are you trying to achieve though I might be wrong but doesn’t look right, does it?

Both newbie account with 3 and 1 message...

nope this is not me, v6 work perfecly for me, v7 has some bugs and v8 work ok.

dstm i never tested in way of rejected shares, only read what console outputs and its been 0.99% accpeted. so i guess 1% reject...  so far i dont know if this is ok or not.

My mistake then, Post looked exactly similar anyway I apologise

no, problem.

anyway, has anyone compared bminer and DSTM, and EWBF lately  ...on poll side of course...  really annoying is that bminer showing 5-10% bigger hashrate  on console that is on pool ( tested and discussion made a lot but that was older versions not v8). 
i' better prefer to show real thing.. so i can easily compare what is faster for my rig.   i mean i can understand that maybe at first it inflate hashrate to make people using it, but now when we all know what is it.. it will be better to fix console to real hashrate...
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
realbminer (OP)

Activity: 461
Merit: 49

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 03:13:38 PM

no, problem.

anyway, has anyone compared bminer and DSTM, and EWBF lately  ...on poll side of course...  really annoying is that bminer showing 5-10% bigger hashrate  on console that is on pool ( tested and discussion made a lot but that was older versions not v8). 
i' better prefer to show real thing.. so i can easily compare what is faster for my rig.   i mean i can understand that maybe at first it inflate hashrate to make people using it, but now when we all know what is it.. it will be better to fix console to real hashrate...

Hi xxxyyyzzz, thanks for the feedback.

Firstly we have explained how Bminer reports hashrate and how pools reported hashrate here: https://www.bminer.me/faq/
Bminer reports hashrate generated by your hardware, while a mining pool estimates the hashrate based on the number of submitted shares.
The Bminer hashrate is different from the pool hashrate because:
1.The Bminer reported hashrate includes the devfee.
2.A small portion of the generated shares may get rejected or become stale due to network delay and transmission problems. Bminer reported hashrate will include such shares, but such shares will not contribute to the pool estimated hashrate.
3.Your pool hashrate is an estimate based on received shares, therefore it will vary a lot unless you control a significant amount of hashpower and you run it over a long period of time.
4. Some pools may calculate the estimated hashrate incorrectly.

Secondly, if you want to have a conclusion that which software is faster, please make sure using the same mining rig, same mining pool and run it over a long period of time, otherwise your conclusion may be wrong.
So may I ask how many hours you running the test of Bminer and if you have made the same test with other mining software.
you can paste your rig information and test result in the pool if you did.
there are youtuber test in the video you can watch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_laCFKg-HRg&t=31s

Thirdly, we don't inflate the hashrate for attracting users. But since you are reporting this as a problem, I will take a look into this it to see what I can do to make it better again.

Thanks for your feedback again!

When Crypto-mining Made Fast. @realbminer on TWTR
Keko Fdez

Activity: 108
Merit: 7

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 03:16:58 PM

just an info from me..

i used to test v6, and it has a lot rejected shares, so i stop using it,
v7 never got working, some error popup up after initialization..
v8 is ok, but i see s lot of rejected shares, didn't compare a real number with other miners but it seams big....

now been running bminer for 14h and tih has about 1.5% rejects shares against accepted shares.  thats a really big amount... i used to test dstm for some time and i guess it was like 0.99%... 0.98%   for running like 24h or so...   this miner v6 ..8...  has a large number of rejection.  

didn't compare it on pool, but it can be just worse that what console says.

Is it you the same one that posted this in DSTM bitcointalk because is exactly the same wording with different numbers so it actually looks a bit suspicious. I copy paste here:

I used to test v5.5, and it has a lot of rejected shares, so I stop using dstm...
V0.6.0 never got working, some error popup up after initialization on all rigs
v0.6.1 is ok, but I see slot of rejected shares, didn't compare a real number with other miners but it seems big...

now been running DSTM for 24h and still has about 1.5-3 % rejects shares against accepted shares.  that's a really big amount...

Pretty much same message saying opposite things. What are you trying to achieve though I might be wrong but doesn’t look right, does it?

Both newbie account with 3 and 1 message...

nope this is not me, v6 work perfecly for me, v7 has some bugs and v8 work ok.

dstm i never tested in way of rejected shares, only read what console outputs and its been 0.99% accpeted. so i guess 1% reject...  so far i dont know if this is ok or not.

My mistake then, Post looked exactly similar anyway I apologise

no, problem.

anyway, has anyone compared bminer and DSTM, and EWBF lately  ...on poll side of course...  really annoying is that bminer showing 5-10% bigger hashrate  on console that is on pool ( tested and discussion made a lot but that was older versions not v8).  
i' better prefer to show real thing.. so i can easily compare what is faster for my rig.   i mean i can understand that maybe at first it inflate hashrate to make people using it, but now when we all know what is it.. it will be better to fix console to real hashrate...

I wouldn’t say is not fixed. The problem is that you have to take off the 2% dev fee plus the 1% pool fee from the hashrate in the console to get the real one and still the hashrate in the pool is estimated based on your shares so not really accurate either.

For me the reason of not using it is because with DSTM I get less rejected shares and a more constant rate on the pool like pretty much a straight line whilst with Bminer is like a roller coaster jumping all over the place.

As I said before there are more profitable coins out there so not mining ZEC anymore unless the price goes up again  
realbminer (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 03:25:13 PM

Then I apologize to you. I just saw realbminer's posts.

No need, no harm made Wink

It's sweet!
I really appreciate Keko Fdez and supermoew for testing and give me feedbacks to make Bminer better.
I also appreciate your way resoving misunderstandings.
it's nice to have you guys with Bminer community.

realbminer (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 03:34:36 PM

no, problem.

anyway, has anyone compared bminer and DSTM, and EWBF lately  ...on poll side of course...  really annoying is that bminer showing 5-10% bigger hashrate  on console that is on pool ( tested and discussion made a lot but that was older versions not v8).  
i' better prefer to show real thing.. so i can easily compare what is faster for my rig.   i mean i can understand that maybe at first it inflate hashrate to make people using it, but now when we all know what is it.. it will be better to fix console to real hashrate...

I wouldn’t say is not fixed. The problem is that you have to take off the 2% dev fee plus the 1% pool fee from the hashrate in the console to get the real one and still the hashrate in the pool is estimated based on your shares so not really accurate either.

For me the reason of not using it is because with DSTM I get less rejected shares and a more constant rate on the pool like pretty much a straight line whilst with Bminer is like a roller coaster jumping all over the place.

As I said before there are more profitable coins out there so not mining ZEC anymore unless the price goes up again  

What coins do you mine now? maybe you can share some experience with the community here and give Bminer team some idea about what coins should we support in Bminer.
also, it's a good point about the constant rate. I mean the rate may vary on different rigs. I will take a look at this problem as well.
then about the rejected shares, how many hours did you do the test?

realbminer (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 04:18:05 PM

I'm running bminer and I get this error:

Failed to retrive temperature from GPU 3
Miner died! It will be restarted soon...

I have check the GPU temp but is the same of other GPUs and is not high

do you know what is the problem and how to solve it ?

Hi there - I have seen this on a few GPUs over the years on different miners & it was usually a bad riser, rather than the software - or sometimes if you are running overclocking software (like MSI Afterburner) at the same time as mining software it can interfere because the overclocking software is polling the card for temperature and the miner is trying to get temp at the same time.

Mostly though, as I said - it is a sign that a riser is dead or dying.

Do you see this (or any other problems) when running any other mining software or just Bminer?

After a couple of reboot the problem was solved, In past I had the same problem with claymore miner but in that case there was a command option in order to ignore this kind of warning that in bminer is not present or I didn't find on documentation.

Hi, fabry1999 Thanks for the feedback.
Set -gpucheck to 0 could skip the gpu check. is this command what you need?

realbminer (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 04:29:35 PM

We’re pleased to release Bminer 8.0.0. The release provides supports for dual mining Ethereum with blake2s(Verge)/blake14r(Decred) algorithm coins.

Please see https://www.bminer.me for more details.

Happy mining!
Failed to retrieve temperature from GPU 0

another user mentioned to me the same problem and after a couple of reboot the problem was solved.
does this still happen to you? would you please also try this command to see if it helps?
Set -gpucheck to 0 could skip the gpu check.

realbminer (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 02:20:23 PM

For realbminer

As people has reported a drop in the hashrate for Equihash with version 8.0 could you please make available the previous versions so we can use the one that works better?

I have tried 8.0 and I get 3160 sols/s average with my 6 GTX 1070 Ti but can’t compare to previous versions if it is better or worse. I do can confirm the rejected shares rate has drop and the miner is more stable than before.

I think it will be nice it you could keep previous versions available to use so we can benefit from the one that works better for us, diferente OS, configs, etc

I actually thought and posted the rejected shares had improved but I think it is not the case. Please realbminer have a look at this:

Miner it’s been running since 11:20 non stop and has reported only 10 rejected shares pretty much in 1370 so that’s 0.73% rejected shares.

But flypool server reports far more rejected shares than your miner does in the console. I actually has reported 30 rejected shares vs 10 on the miner console. If we use that figure is 2.19% rejected share.

How is that possible? It’s 200% more rejected shares on the pool that in the miner itself.

Thanks

count the green bars at the bottom of the picture you will get 20 small green bars and 5 double green bars. Single green are one rejected share and the double are 2 rejected share. Those are the 30 rejected shares
[/quote]

Hi Keko Fdez:

Sorry for the late reply.
your problem didn't re-appear on my rig but I want to explain that there are several reasons may cause rejected shares.
such as Overclocking and Network latency.
If your latency to the pool is too long, then a valid share may become stale and invalid during the transmission. This will cause the share being rejected. The solution to this problem is to choose a pool server that has low latency connection to your rig.

Please see: https://www.bminer.me/faq/#why-i-see-rejected-shares-when-using-bminer

realbminer (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2018, 04:55:51 PM

Dear community:

We realized that there are ASIC miner or ASIC miner monitor named BMiner/Bminer.
Just want to inform that it has no any relation to our business.

Bminer is a highly optimized cryptocurrency miner that runs on modern NVIDIA GPUs.
Our only official website is www.bminer.me
Please check this website to catch up all Bminer related information such as history versions, download links, new business other than any other way.

Best,

realbminer

PostJok

Activity: 122

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 10:07:08 PM

BTCZ is going to fork tomorrow
Safecoin is going to fork this weekend
EWBF released his Zhash miner

As i like your stable miner, a ZHash-Bminer would be really nice
LY CHI CUONG

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 04:37:44 AM

thank everybody . it is useful.
topteam

Activity: 157

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 02:26:59 PM

BTCZ is going to fork tomorrow
Safecoin is going to fork this weekend
EWBF released his Zhash miner

As i like your stable miner, a ZHash-Bminer would be really nice
yay waiting 144,5 and 192,7 version
bitcoinminer0319

Activity: 55

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 03:54:53 PM

can u guys pls compare to this miner vs. ccminer and other eth miner ?
burster51

Activity: 45

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 08:10:11 AM

@realbminer: when 144,5?

Thanks for your nice work on the miner!
Keko Fdez

Activity: 108
Merit: 7

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 07:06:55 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2018, 09:44:27 AM by Keko Fdez
Merited by nsummy (1)

no, problem.

What coins do you mine now? maybe you can share some experience with the community here and give Bminer team some idea about what coins should we support in Bminer.
also, it's a good point about the constant rate. I mean the rate may vary on different rigs. I will take a look at this problem as well.
then about the rejected shares, how many hours did you do the test?

Well, I have been mining RVN coin which is X16R algo. It is a profitable coin. Right now as I post with my 6 GTX 1070 Ti based on whattmine and crypt0-zone websites you can make 392 coins per day work 5.38 euros or 6.53 dollars net after paying electricity (obviously can changed based on pool hashrate, difficulty, rejected shares and price change).

Today I have moved to BTCZ which is making 6.30 euros or 7.65 dollars per day. I have to say that EWBF now is ahead of the game as he has released his new miner which can mine 144,5 and 192,7 new Equihash algos so you need to speed up a bit to catch up. I am sure you can do better than him. DSTM has not released anything new so only miner for 144,5 and 192,7 is EWBF.

For your info with EWBF and 6 GTX 1070 Ti 70% TDP, +200 clock and +700 mem I get between 227-237 sols/s so you have some references if you want to work on it. It comes with the usual 2% dev fee and no fee option.

Not advertising it but if you want to mine BTCZ is the only miner right now as far I know.

Neoscrypt coins are more profitable too the only problem I have found with those algos is that web information is not accurate and you always end up mining far less than expected. For neoscrypt ccminer klaus (open source) does around 7150 Kh/S and Hsrminer forked by justaminer does around 7555 with same settings but paying 1.66% dev fee.

Hope it helps and gives you some ideas

Looking forward to your new miner
realbminer (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2018, 04:48:48 PM

Dear community:

Bminer will support equihash 144,5 soon, please stay tuned.
We are really glad to see BTCZ, Safe coin and more coins are moving to 144,5 for the anti-Asic reason.
Bminer is committed to supporting GPU mining, we will do the best we can.
Thanks all for leaving me messages here.

realbminer

realbminer (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 09:47:32 AM

We’re pleased to release Bminer 9.0.0.

The release provides:
  • Experimental support for mining Bytom (BTM).
  • Optimize the performance of automatic tuning in dual mining mode.
  • Start REST APIs much faster than previous versions.
  • Improve compatibility of mining Ethereum on Nicehash pool.

Please see https://www.bminer.me for more details.

Happy mining!

oomurashin

Activity: 195
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 03:02:26 PM

great hash! thank you dev!

but i have one problem when i connect antpool,got error

[INFO] [2018-06-22T00:01:10+09:00] Connected to stratum-btm.antpool.com:6666
[INFO] [2018-06-22T00:01:10+09:00] Started miner on device 0
panic: runtime error: invalid memory address or nil pointer dereference
[signal 0xc0000005 code=0x0 addr=0x10 pc=0x1409345b6]
[WARN] [2018-06-22T00:01:10+09:00] Miner died! It will be restarted soon...

retake and same error. f2pool works fine. i want to conncet antpool reason for pool fee.
skyline9394

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 03:15:24 PM

mining on 1080ti with 9.0.0 pc lagging
Kompik

Activity: 463
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 03:25:20 PM

great hash! thank you dev!

but i have one problem when i connect antpool,got error

[INFO] [2018-06-22T00:01:10+09:00] Connected to stratum-btm.antpool.com:6666
[INFO] [2018-06-22T00:01:10+09:00] Started miner on device 0
panic: runtime error: invalid memory address or nil pointer dereference
[signal 0xc0000005 code=0x0 addr=0x10 pc=0x1409345b6]
[WARN] [2018-06-22T00:01:10+09:00] Miner died! It will be restarted soon...

retake and same error. f2pool works fine. i want to conncet antpool reason for pool fee.

Also cant connect to antpool with this miner Smiley

Bitrated user: Kompik.
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 164 »
  Print  

Jump to: