Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2018, 01:24:09 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.16.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bminer: a fast Equihash/Ethash/Tensority miner for CUDA GPUs (9.0.0)  (Read 43820 times)
realbminer

Activity: 175
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 03:09:52 AM

Is there way to set intensity?

There is no intensity option in Bminer. Bminer always run as fast as possible unless the GPU hits temp cap (default 85).

When Crypto-mining Made Fast. @realbminer on TWTR

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The World's Betting Exchange

Bet with play money. Win real Bitcoin. 5BTC Prize Fund for World Cup 2018.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nUm81

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:23:26 AM

Just wanted to start off by saying that i have been using Bminer for a few weeks now and am very happy with the performance.

There is one issue that I am encountering when using the miner though and would like to see if that can be fixed an a future release.

Sometimes when I lose connection to the mining pool or restart the pool I get the following error on the miners.  They can stay like this for quite some time before they establish a valid connection and begin submitting shares.

Cheers,

nUm
cryptoyes

Activity: 171

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:03:33 AM

@MagicSmoker, your test is flawed if you look at payout ... really. Look at hashrate, and use Flypool. Luckpool has the most unreliable web gui (often down, and loses all stats) and also uses vardif.

Also, your hashrate is too low (a single card) for reliable results after 24h because you're too dependent on luck. A single card won't get that many shares in and they all have different luck. The average pay for a 24h will vary quite a bit.

I've been doing some tests myself with a 7x 1080Ti rig. dstm reports 5402 sol/s while bminer reports 5620 sol/s -- that's 4% higher -- but the pool reports the same hashrate after 24h, usually slightly better for dstm.

I'm starting to be convinced that bminer is artificially over reporting.

When I get the time, I'd like to setup identical private chains locally, then run the test for each rig starting at the same block so they mine exactly the same things (100% controlled environment and reliable). However, by the looks of it, I probably don't need to waste my time and hashpower.
cryptobro91

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:59:10 AM

I need to test it a little more, but console might be artificially inflating the numbers.  I'm still new to mining and have tried to a bunch of different combinations of miners and mining pools to see what works best, but I don't think I've let any of them really run for a full day yet (which probably isn't the best way to test from what I've been reading).

Currently using dtsm Zcash miner against Slushpool.  I think I'm going to run that for a few days then try against flypool for a few days.  Then do the same for Bminer and compare results.
b19971458

Activity: 61

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:01:55 AM

Bright future for nVidia mining Smiley
sir_blacks

Activity: 100
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 10:24:57 AM

@cryptoyes with one thing i agree, make a test on a pool like Luckpool is bad idea 1. very small Hpower (~2 MS/s) 2. Jumpy & unstable (personal when i try first thing what i sen was high ping = bad, even website it take some time to load) 3. very few miner / worker

A good test it can be done on a pool with better speed like at list 8-10 MS/s with +1000-2000 miner what can provide constant block found / hour / day & with less jump hoper around

@cryptoyes but at part with a test it can't be done with 1 single GPU i not agree Wink only think what @MagicSmoker need to change is pool that it Smiley

p.s. Personal i will suggest to admin of pool like Luckpool, Zenmine to combine they'r power & make a single one, it will be more efficient for them & for miner to

cheers
hopfi2k

Activity: 48

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 10:33:30 AM

Okey why do you have that as an option if everyone lose on it ?

You are making a very valid point here!

Cheers,
Andy
Dep18

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:03:14 PM

I tried it and did not see any changes for the better. I hope there is a future for this project.  Undecided
Acrefawn

Activity: 109
Merit: 13

FarmWatchBot script Developer

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 12:14:46 PM

Hello guys!
Want to remind to all of you, that if somebody has any problems with stability of EWBF, DSTM, BMINER, CLAYMORE, CC miners or needs some extra control over your rigs please read carefully my message below.

I want to introduce you a script, which can solve most of your problems. It is a result of half a year hard work with my beta testers. Now it is clean of any bugs and ready to be introduced for the wide mining community.

1) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2071108.0
2) https://forum.z.cash/t/cmd-equihash-miner-autorun-autorestart-watchdog-for-ewbf-claymore-dstm/20640

It will definetely reduce your valuable time spent near your rigs, because this script will do all the work for you. Just start it and forget about your rigs, relax or do anything else. In case of any problem this script will restart your miner, or the rig, if necessary. It will notify you by Telegramm message about all problems and corrective actions taken. It is open source code (CMD/BAT, not an .exe or something like this), so anyone can check throug the code if needed.
Enjoy your life, let the script to monitor your rigs for you.

FarmWatchBot script Developer
MagicSmoker

Activity: 210
Merit: 55

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:28:48 PM

@MagicSmoker, your test is flawed if you look at payout ... really. Look at hashrate, and use Flypool. Luckpool has the most unreliable web gui (often down, and loses all stats) and also uses vardif.

Also, your hashrate is too low (a single card) for reliable results after 24h because you're too dependent on luck. A single card won't get that many shares in and they all have different luck. The average pay for a 24h will vary quite a bit.

Hmm... I'll give Flypool a shot, but I'm afraid I can't do anything about only dedicated 1 GTX 1080 to each miner for these tests right now - or for the immediate future - as GPUs simply aren't available unless you want to pay fuck-you prices.

I have to concede your point about pool luck, though. Luckpool was finding a block every few minute, but that information seems to be out-of-date because I just checked the blocks tab and it looks like the average TTF is now 1.1 hours, so 24 hours with a single card is, indeed, way too short of a time period.

BUT... if the TTF is less than 5 minutes then a 24 hour test based on payout should be just as accurate as counting up the number of fixed diff shares (fixed diff does not appear to be an option on Luckpool, however), even with a single GTX 1080.

MagicSmoker

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:32:17 PM

@cryptoyes but at part with a test it can't be done with 1 single GPU i not agree Wink only think what @MagicSmoker need to change is pool that it Smiley

Thanks for the constructive criticism @cryptoyes and @sir_blacks. There's only 4.5 hours to go on the current test so I might as well let it run but I will start a new comparison on Flypool. Still with just 1 GTX 1080 for each miner, unless one of you is willing to sell me 2 more 1080's at MSRP or less  Grin

EDIT - so, looks like Flypool only has ZEC for Equihash, which isn't my preferred coin to mine. Anyone have a suggestion for a high volume ZEN pool?

MiningTaken

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:09:38 PM

Thanks for the constructive criticism @cryptoyes and @sir_blacks. There's only 4.5 hours to go on the current test so I might as well let it run but I will start a new comparison on Flypool. Still with just 1 GTX 1080 for each miner, unless one of you is willing to sell me 2 more 1080's at MSRP or less  Grin

EDIT - so, looks like Flypool only has ZEC for Equihash, which isn't my preferred coin to mine. Anyone have a suggestion for a high volume ZEN pool?

I would prefer Miningpoolhub. :-) There are 4 coins of Equihash there to be mined, which are mostly top of profitable Nvidia mining these days.
(Just suggestion. :-) )
MiningTaken

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:25:31 PM

@RealBminer :
I need to setup Bminer to run with Awesome Miner, coz I need the Profit Swicthing feature of AM.
Could you kindly advise ? Thank you.
MagicSmoker

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:34:40 PM

I would prefer Miningpoolhub. :-) There are 4 coins of Equihash there to be mined, which are mostly top of profitable Nvidia mining these days.

I did a concurrently run comparison between MPH and NiceHash for 1 week which ended a few days ago and MPH lost, earning 10% less than NH; that's not exactly a good showing, given that NH more or less sucks.

MPH's website is a confusing mess, as well. For example, they don't list the coins available for each algorithm like on most Yiimp-based auto-switch, multip-algo pools. Manually checking those coins I know use Equihash it looks like the only one that finds blocks frequently enough for a 24 hour test to be valid is Zclassic. I also don't have a wallet set up for Zclassic yet, but I've been meaning to do that so this isn't a real obstacle.

I don't want to use auto-convert to BTC mode, however, as I noticed my BTC balance actually going down while coins were still waiting to be auto-exchanged.

MiningTaken

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:52:07 PM

I did a concurrently run comparison between MPH and NiceHash for 1 week which ended a few days ago and MPH lost, earning 10% less than NH; that's not exactly a good showing, given that NH more or less sucks.

MPH's website is a confusing mess, as well. For example, they don't list the coins available for each algorithm like on most Yiimp-based auto-switch, multip-algo pools. Manually checking those coins I know use Equihash it looks like the only one that finds blocks frequently enough for a 24 hour test to be valid is Zclassic. I also don't have a wallet set up for Zclassic yet, but I've been meaning to do that so this isn't a real obstacle.

I don't want to use auto-convert to BTC mode, however, as I noticed my BTC balance actually going down while coins were still waiting to be auto-exchanged.

Sorry to hear that. :-(
Contrary to your experience, I've read many people get less earning with NH and now switching to MPH. I don't know, I guess it is just each one experience.
I use MPH for few months now, and quite satisfy with it. It has transparent fees and rewards, pretty straightforward.
Also you can choose to auto-exchanged to many other coins besides BTC (I choose LTC myself).
cryptoyes

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:05:30 PM

@MagicSmoker - you're missing the point about luck. It's not the pool's luck I was talking about (see my message again) but each share's luck. As I explained a while back, even if you are mining with 2 rigs simultaneously, the 2 rigs will receive different shares to mine, and those shares will have different luck. Because you have a single card in those rigs, the payout will thus be highly variable.

The biggest flaw is that you look at payout instead of pool reported hashrate. The second flaw is that you are using a single card (a single card would be ok if the pool could give you 1 week average, but none of them do). The third is that you are using a bad pool (bad because it goes down often, has a highly variable ping, only reports 12h average, and has a very low hashrate -- yes, 2MH/s is very low, especially given you're using a single card).

If you don't have the expertise to setup two identical private chains or divert rpc packets, then the best you can do is to use Flypool (226 MH/s) and look at the pool reported hashrate after 24h. It will be more reliable than luckpool+payout, but still slightly flawed (again, single card, different lucks for each card).

All that being said, I'm now pretty sure bminer artificially inflates numbers. Oh well, what do you expect - these guys want to stay anonymous and use shady https connections back to their own servers...
MagicSmoker

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:13:59 PM

@MagicSmoker - you're missing the point about luck. It's not the pool's luck I was talking about (see my message again) but each share's luck. As I explained a while back, even if you are mining with 2 rigs simultaneously, the 2 rigs will receive different shares to mine, and those shares will have different luck. Because you have a single card in those rigs, the payout will thus be highly variable.

Actually, you did not specify pool or share luck in your previous message, but I understand your point now and it makes sense. I still believe that my methodology would be okay *if* I had a large enough number of shares for each miner, even if they were variable diff, but...

The biggest flaw is that you look at payout instead of pool reported hashrate. The second flaw is that you are using a single card (a single card would be ok if the pool could give you 1 week average, but none of them do). The third is that you are using a bad pool (bad because it goes down often, has a highly variable ping, only reports 12h average, and has a very low hashrate -- yes, 2MH/s is very low, especially given you're using a single card).

I look at payout because I don't know how to get average hashrate from a pool except by looking at the SMA line on the graph, and that doesn't strike me as terribly accurate.

If you don't have the expertise to setup two identical private chains or divert rpc packets, then the best you can do is to use Flypool (226 MH/s) and look at the pool reported hashrate after 24h. It will be more reliable than luckpool+payout, but still slightly flawed (again, single card, different lucks for each card).

I don't currently have the expertise to set up a test network/private chain...  Embarrassed

cryptoyes

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:14:28 PM

I'm getting annoyed by these guys charging a ridiculous 2% of all our profits. I coded an rpc proxy for equihash which i'm using in our farm. I will add functionality to report hashrate for each client connected to the proxy and will then open source it. The proxy impersonates a single miner and hides the actual miners from the pool. It relays the job sent by the pool to all proxy clients. At least you can be sure they all mine the same share, start at the same time for each share and have the count done locally. Sadly, because these guys closed sourced their miners, you can't control the seed they start with for each share, so luck will STILL be different between dstm and bminer ... i.e. you will still need to wait a long time for reliable results, but at least I can compute total average hashrates, rather than only 12h or 24h.

If bminer is cheating, I want to expose it. Will look into this next week when hopefully I'll have more time. I stopped using bminer after doing my dstm vs bminer test.
joshuajones02

Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:21:21 PM

I'm getting annoyed by these guys charging a ridiculous 2% of all our profits. I coded an rpc proxy for equihash which i'm using in our farm. I will add functionality to report hashrate for each client connected to the proxy and will then open source it. The proxy impersonates a single miner and hides the actual miners from the pool. It relays the job sent by the pool to all proxy clients. At least you can be sure they all mine the same share, start at the same time for each share and have the count done locally. Sadly, because these guys closed sourced their miners, you can't control the seed they start with for each share, so luck will STILL be different between dstm and bminer ... i.e. you will still need to wait a long time for reliable results, but at least I can compute total average hashrates, rather than only 12h or 24h.

If bminer is cheating, I want to expose it. Will look into this next week when hopefully I'll have more time. I stopped using bminer after doing my dstm vs bminer test.

Go build your own cuda miner

| World Fintech Startups | Microsoft Azure Partner | $1,5 M Raised During pre-ICO |
     BANKEX - Proof-of-Asset Protocol     
| WHITE PAPER | BLOGSLACKTELEGRAMBITCOINTALKGITHUBTWITTERYOUTUBEFACEBOOK |☰
cryptoyes

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:29:46 PM

@MagicSmoker

- Flypool reports 24h hashrate right there in the graph. It's the rightmost orange dot or the value reported at the top for average, e.g. https://i.gyazo.com/2026ef989969e01c7003d854512bedc5.png (the orange dot is better because you can read it with 2 decimals more or less, the value at the top only gives you a single decimal)

- Luckpool only gives you a 12h average, which is shit (and all miner stats are lost when their GUI goes down, which it does almost daily), it's the small number at the bottom of the first box: https://i.gyazo.com/611445b6a74f35539321d1adf621be35.png

To all of you: Please STOP using Luckpool. You're aware that it gives a full coin to the block finder (that "jackpot" shit they have), and reduces the payout for everyone else, right (block finder gets 1 ZEN, everyone else shares only 10 ZEN instead of 11 ZEN)? This advantages the large miners. You will lose profits with it unless you have a large hashrate larger than the majority and you mine for very long periods uninterrupted. Don't listen to the idiots who claim that everyone has the same chance to find a block and get the jackpot. That only holds if *everyone* mines an infinite amount of time. Otherwise, guess who will find more blocks per unit time, and who is more likely to leave the pool before they find a block? Anyone with some statistics background can see the scam behind this. If that bullshit were true, casinos would be going bankrupt, instead of thriving (they have more money than you).

Go build your own cuda miner

Awww, isn't that cute. There had to be someone who'd resort to the fabulous and very constructive argument of "do it yourself if you don't like it" ... sounds like you're either a genius who can do everything and needs nobody or are content with everything thrown at you. If you're happy paying bminer 2% despite some suspicions of fraud, good for you. Some of us aren't. Some of us care about frauds being exposed if they are indeed frauds.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.