Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:02:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 [240] 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 ... 338 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread  (Read 479234 times)
tslimx

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 07:39:18 AM

I'd just like to voice my two cents and say that paying the refund out as a dividend makes absolutely NO sense. Have none of you invested before? Dividends are one aspect, and one that should be done when the company is doing well. AsicMiner paid whopping dividends when they were performing exceptionally well, and now all you idiots care about is DIVIDENDS DIVIDENDS DIVIDENDS. ActM just got punched in the dick, and you want them to use the extra to cash to pay you guys? Are you nuts?? You will get a lot more return than just one stupid dividend if you reinvest in the company and make it stronger.

There shouldn't even need to be a vote on this, it is a no-brainer. No dividend.

I've been thinking the same thing since day one, in fact when i tendered acm shares, i missed divs, i didn't even want them. I'd rather Ken take the btc an invest it into ActM, it'll pay off 100x more down the road.  I say we take a vote, who cares about some bitdust ?
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
discobean

Activity: 104

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 09:45:17 AM

This stock has turned into a PMB
ChronoX5

Activity: 72

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 10:39:03 AM

This stock has turned into a PMB

On the contrary. The Avalon chips would have led to a mining income at a fixed hashrate until our own chip is ready. We're farther from a perpetual mining bond than before.

The stock's value is now completely determined by the ability of Active Mining to produce a good next gen chip.

Please keep in mind that I am currently trading/holding shares of ASIC Miner, ActiveMining, Rentalstarter, Labcoin and may be posting in my own interest. Always do your own research.
bigdude

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 02:26:57 PM

What are the current plans for chip development?
ActiveMining is in the process of gathering necessary funds for paying NRE costs on its 28nm chip. We hope these funds to be gathered soon, so that chip production can start as soon as possible. Estimated dates after NRE payment are:
  • Chip samples delivered in 9 weeks;
  • Low-volume chip production starting in 12 weeks, using an e-beam process;
  • Normal volume chip production starting in 16-18 weeks.

The above is from Ken on the first page of this thread.

Ken has mentioned the bitcoins have have already been converted to fiat, and therefore I presume the NRE has been paid.

So ....... 9 weeks after NRE is paid, we should get news about chip samples being in hand.

Anyone hazard a guess as to when the NRE was paid, and so 9 weeks is when??

Pompobit

Activity: 736
Merit: 508

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 02:46:17 PM

ActiveMining is in the process of gathering necessary funds for paying NRE costs on its 28nm chip. We hope these funds to be gathered soon, so that chip production can start as soon as possible. Estimated dates after NRE payment are:

Ken has mentioned the bitcoins have have already been converted to fiat, and therefore I presume the NRE has been paid.

So ....... 9 weeks after NRE is paid, we should get news about chip samples being in hand.

chips samples were already delivered about 10 days ago and prototype are hashing.

edit: uh I thought you were talking about avalon chips
BlockChains

Activity: 110

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 02:46:56 PM

Well ken said this...

Man. I'm bummed out over not having that report yet!   Undecided

Someone hold me... Cry

Sorry, been working all day on eAsic deal and doing the transfers.

Then VE said this and it was later revealed he talked to Ken's relative who implied NRE had gone through:

A little bird told me that the BIG news will come by next Saturday (no, nothing to do with these break even Avalon chips). 
I would normally keep this a secret and buy more, but I'm all-in, baby.   Grin

So I'm going to avg those dates and assume around August 8 they had the funds to eAsic. This is especially likely since it was revealed trade hill was the exchange for USD conversion and one can move large amounts fast there. That gives a target date of roughly Halloween (oct 31) for the samples to be out.
kleeck

Activity: 532

https://karatcoin.co

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 02:47:54 PM

I made a post regarding this here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252531.msg3031392#msg3031392. Check it out. I think we are well on track. Hopefully eAsic will allow for an update soon so that we can all lose our freakin' minds.

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄
  █ █████       ▀▄████████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
         ▄███         █         ███▄         
       ██    ███████████████████    ██       
    ████            ██ ██            ████   
    ██             █     █             ██   
    █ █           █       █           █ █   
    █ ██         █         █         ██ █   
    █  ██      ██           ██      ██  █   
    █   ██    ██             ██    ██   █   
    █    ██  ██               ██  ██    █   
    █     █ ██                 ██ █     █   
    █     █████████████████████████     █   
    █  ███  ██                 ██  ███  █   
    ███       █               █       ███   
      ███      ██           ██      ███     
         ███     █         █     ███         
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 02:59:10 PM

Well ken said this...

Man. I'm bummed out over not having that report yet!   Undecided

Someone hold me... Cry

Sorry, been working all day on eAsic deal and doing the transfers.

Then VE said this and it was later revealed he talked to Ken's relative who implied NRE had gone through:

A little bird told me that the BIG news will come by next Saturday (no, nothing to do with these break even Avalon chips).  
I would normally keep this a secret and buy more, but I'm all-in, baby.   Grin

So I'm going to avg those dates and assume around August 8 they had the funds to eAsic. This is especially likely since it was revealed trade hill was the exchange for USD conversion and one can move large amounts fast there. That gives a target date of roughly Halloween (oct 31) for the samples to be out.

That gives targets of:

* November for samples,
* December for low volume production,
* February for mass production.
wonker

Activity: 103

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 03:36:19 PM

That gives targets of:

* November for samples,
So they will have their inefficient FPGA copy-paste chips later than the competition? And that's if everything goes well?

No one is talking about FPGA...
N_S

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 03:41:22 PM

That gives targets of:

* November for samples,
So they will have their inefficient FPGA copy-paste chips later than the competition? And that's if everything goes well?

pankkake, your comments are so terribly contrived they're almost painful to read. They're like iCEBREAKER's comments, but void of all eloquence and wit.
kleeck

Activity: 532

https://karatcoin.co

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 03:49:04 PM

That gives targets of:

* November for samples,

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252531.msg3027753#msg3027753

"We are allowed to confirm that the BTC were converted some time ago and the
board designs are in progress
."

Exhibit A.)

If we in the board design stage I believe we are somewhere in Floorplanning. If you count up the segments of the design flow you'll see we have nine stages in an 8-10 week process, so I think it's fair to say that each phase takes an average of around a week. So ActM is likely 2-3 weeks deep into production process that, max, takes 10 weeks. I estimate that we started production on August 5 (I think Ken's "quite some time ago" and the speed at which TradeHill can convert BTC to USD would agree with this estimation.) Lets assume a full 10 weeks from Aug 5. That places tape-out between October 7th and 14th.

Meaning we can start manufacturing the FastHash and start shipping chips for income and dividends somewhere in early to mid October. I'd say we could be shipping devices by the end of November.

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄
  █ █████       ▀▄████████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
         ▄███         █         ███▄         
       ██    ███████████████████    ██       
    ████            ██ ██            ████   
    ██             █     █             ██   
    █ █           █       █           █ █   
    █ ██         █         █         ██ █   
    █  ██      ██           ██      ██  █   
    █   ██    ██             ██    ██   █   
    █    ██  ██               ██  ██    █   
    █     █ ██                 ██ █     █   
    █     █████████████████████████     █   
    █  ███  ██                 ██  ███  █   
    ███       █               █       ███   
      ███      ██           ██      ███     
         ███     █         █     ███         
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
N_S

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 04:11:41 PM

Remember that most of these Design companies like eASIC don't need the full amount to begin their process. Most need like 25% up front so it could have started even sooner.

While I don't think it's entirely likely, one of my hopes has been that there's been loads of progress happening while the NDA still reigns supreme. In essence, it's not out of the question that once that NDA is lifted, we could see something very far along in development.
auto2nr1

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 04:46:11 PM

Remember that most of these Design companies like eASIC don't need the full amount to begin their process. Most need like 25% up front so it could have started even sooner.

While I don't think it's entirely likely, one of my hopes has been that there's been loads of progress happening while the NDA still reigns supreme. In essence, it's not out of the question that once that NDA is lifted, we could see something very far along in development.

How long is the NDA in effect for? When does NDA's usually get lifted? If anyone can enlighten me i would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2013, 04:50:49 PM

My point is fairly simple:  Active Miner has no chips, and no evidence that it ever will (other than a NDA with eASIC, which means... what?).
The company's worth, at this point:
The money raised during the IPO & converted into $$$
The good name of Ken & family
The lulzy website
The NDA -- a Deathstar capable of annihilating probing questions.
6 Avalons a-hashin'.

This guy said the exact same thing about HashFast. Just put him on ignore. I'm hardly bullish on ActiveMining but crumbs is a waste of time.

Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2013, 05:34:58 PM

We've been telling Ken he needs to get some things out of NDA asap. I understand he's trying to deal with this at the moment. Confirmation of a deal with eASIC would change things significantly and that's what we're all waiting to hear.

We've also asked for an Avalon update today.

What exactly do you expect confirmation from eASIC to change? It will have no significant effect whatsoever. It will just relieve some people fears, that's all.

Some people are really excited about eASIC confirming they're making an obsolete chip for ACTM.  As a shareholder, I'm dreading it. 

Less than 20GH per chip?  Oh, yay.  Satoshi dust for everybody!   Roll Eyes

Better news would be that Ken pulled out in time and is splitting the NRE/Avalon refund money between Cointerra and Hashfast chips.

That would be retarded.  HashFast and Cointerra may be more efficient in the long run, but that doesn't matter at all.  All that matters is the price per GH. Otherwise all you'er doing is contributing to HF/Cointerra's bottom line.

N_S

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 05:39:50 PM

Sigh. Another typical clueless ActiveMiner investor.
What ActiveMining is doing with eASIC is copy-pasting a FPGA design into an ASIC. That's why I said FPGA copy-paste. Sure it's fancy 28 nm, but it's also crap compared to what the competition is doing. I would not be surprised if some 55 nm chips outperform it.

Right. I'm sure ActM will wipe their hands of all desire for progress after their first generation chips come out.  They certainly wouldn't want to...I don't know...improve upon existing designs Roll Eyes
N_S

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 05:46:40 PM

Why not (though they don't have the internal brainpower, since most of the work is subcontracted).
But as you should know, timing in mining operations is very important.

At this point, I think it's fairly safe to say you have no idea what you're talking about.
granitemouse

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 05:58:01 PM

While we are talking about the NDA (which of course we often do) I don't really understand if we are now in fact weeks into the development, why the announcement of even officially stating a partnership would still be covered in the NDA. Why would eASIC benefit or require this to be kept under wraps? I understand not revealing the specifics, but even officially stating that ActiveMining and eASIC are working together to create the next generation of bitcoin mining technology or something like that would be helpful in building confidence, garnering press, and creating interest in the products. I see no benefit if eASIC has been paid and we are weeks in to the process of this basic part of the information still being held back.
Pompobit

Activity: 736
Merit: 508

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 06:04:07 PM

I'd just like to have an estimated date about when the NDA should end
crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 30, 2013, 06:15:58 PM

If you can fit 20 ActM chips inside a HashFast chip then you effectively have 400GH compared to their 400GH

Lulwut Cheesy

While I imagine it will only fit maybe 10 or so inside that same area being 1/2 as effective, ActM gets them at cost which means they can buy 7x the Chips for the same price as HashFast or any other company can sell them.

Meaning you will get 70Chips for the same price as 1

or 1400GH as the same price as 400.

It's pretty much a no brainer since ActM is mining for themselves and HashFast is not.

This is bordering on decent absurdist prose.  Your work is much bolder, of course -- completely disregarding logic and shedding all claims to coherency.  Though i'm afraid our public is yet unready for your bold and daring art, Bargraphics.  They simply refuse to sever their outmoded, borgeouse links to reality.
Give them time.

Pages: « 1 ... 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 [240] 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 ... 338 »
  Print  

Jump to: