Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:43:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 [193] 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 ... 338 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread  (Read 479237 times)
Ozymandias

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 08:57:36 PM

Fantastic, glad to hear from you both. Keep up the good work!
zumzero

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 09:13:16 PM

Many thanks for the updates!

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
Stuartuk

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 09:54:43 PM

Jurassic Park!
jborkl

Activity: 246

Team Heritage Motorsports

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 09:56:37 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2013, 10:19:23 PM by jborkl

So, the prototype is hashing at 11.8 GH. Is that correct?

I also understand that it is new, untested and not optimized. Could you fill in a few more details about what was running and what the optimized speed of that unit might be?

Are these the new Avalon chips that are supposed to come in? I can't think of any other reason to use OpenWRT

madmalkav

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 10:01:22 PM

Was the name of the company doing this boards made public? Because if not, the screenshot is giving quite some hints.
Vbs

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 10:20:20 PM

So, the prototype is hashing at 11.8 GH. Is that correct?

I also understand that is new, untested and not optimized. Could you fill in a few more details about what was running and what the optimized speed of that unit might be?

Are these the new Avalon chips that are supposed to come in? I can't think of any other reason to use OpenWRT

ActM ordered 20,000 chips, so they should have received 60 chip samples. It should go to ~17GH/s at 100% speed (282MH/s per chip).
ffssixtynine

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 10:20:48 PM

Thanks for the update. Everyone can breath for another week now  Wink
Stuartuk

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 11:14:48 PM

These threads for Active Mining on Bitcointalk have descended into back and forth off topic discussions and distractions.  It is hard to sift through what is legitimate and what is just banter...

I think we know what you mean. Can I suggest that from now on any post with a  question for PR is begun with:

QUESTION FOR PR

that will help everyone keep track of relevant posts and help PR address (what he can) in a timely manner. Also lets try and keep chat on here to a minimum and instead put it over on the Speculation thread. How does everyone feel about that?

Thanks for you dedication Streets. You sound Very busy but that's hard for us to know unless you tell us, so even a quick 'too busy to answer that right now will get back within next few days' would help keep worried chatter here to a minimum. Cheers.
Kuroth

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 12:14:02 AM

I want a new update..

redbeans2012

Activity: 887
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 12:16:03 AM

I want a new update..

We just had one a couple hours ago
Kuroth

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 12:31:36 AM

I want a new update..

I know..  And now I want a new one.. 

j/k

redbeans2012

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 12:42:15 AM

I want a new update..

j/k

I do too. I wish we could get them every 10 minutes.  Maybe when google glass comes out we can have ken wear it and have a live stream connected to him at all times.
Stuartuk

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 12:45:24 AM

Kuroth yes that's amusing but can we please please keep this banter on the Speculation thread?

Official news, questions and enquiries on here only please. Someone feel free to pipe in if they don't agree with that. Many thanks everyone.
auto2nr1

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 12:52:21 AM

I want a new update..
j/k
I do too. I wish we could get them every 10 minutes.  Maybe when google glass comes out we can have ken wear it and have a live stream connected to him at all times.

Lol~ good one.
yuansuyi

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 01:17:40 AM

Update:

I wanted to give everyone an update and formally introduce a structure for news releases and updates.  

Firstly, the Board is nearing the final stages of completion; we still have a few more people to speak with before the final makeup of the board is carved out.  Please remain patient, it was never going to be a process where applicants submit and we determine the board immediately.  We still need to do some research on a few remaining applicants and some potential discussions with the candidates we have identified.  For the few I have contacted, you know who you are and probably now understand this is a process.  Like them, please remain patient, I cannot stress this enough.

Secondly, the repeated requests for updates.  As I said two days ago, we are focused on the tasks at hand and nothing is going to waver from that front.  There will never be daily Q & A sessions, and I wish everyone could understand why this is.  If we spent all of our time addressing the legitimate (and frequent illegitimate posts), no concrete, structured, easy to understand and read, information could be released.  It would fall further into a mash of posts, news and not news worthy contributions.  However, I am, and always have been, on freenode #ActiveMining for up to 8 hours each day.  If you have questions or concerns that you would like answers to I will answer them as best I can.  These threads for Active Mining on Bitcointalk have descended into back and forth off topic discussions and distractions.  It is hard to sift through what is legitimate and what is just banter, also there are questions that just cannot be legally answered at this time.  When the cloud is lifted around our partnerships, more news can be released with regularity, as I mentioned before.  At that point, I will be doing weekly updates, whether there is ground breaking news or not.  My aim is to keep everyone informed as best as humanly possible.

Third, functioning in a PR role for ActiveMining is not just a few minutes per day of answering questions and releasing news, it has morphed into full time.  Believe me I am not complaining, I just want to paint the picture for you; I would like to note, I am not being paid for my services.  Ken and I have an agreement, nothing more, and no compensation is changing hands.  I took on this role in an attempt to quell fears, uncertainty and doubt, but also to assist in steering the PR facing side of ActiveMining in the right direction.  There is still a lot of work to be done.  I meet or speak with Ken on almost a daily basis, help formulate an opinion held by the majority of shareholders and communication, assist in the board formation, and take on a further role outside of just being a PR mouth for ActiveMining.  It is not simply just a few minutes a day job.  All of the information I receive is from the CEO, and whatever he can release to me or allows to be released is passed along.

Prototypes:

These are still in the testing phase.  The image I have received since the initial pictures of the Engineers working on the boards was late last night.  The screenshot can be seen below of cgminer and one of the prototypes hashing at 66% capacity.  There was a problem with the UART, but it has too been resolved.  The Engineers are operating on the design specifications released by Avalon and are making progress.  The goals for the prototypes are still the same as when we first set out for them to be built.  This image, and the ones posted earlier, is all that I can publish thus far.  I expect to see more as we come closer to completion.

ACTM should seek these Chinese teams to product Avalon Clones with reasonable price and quick delivery.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=220468.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=229795.0

They are delivering now. Even the ASICME has delivered a few machines.

With everything designed and open sourced to you , with so long time,  you guys only be able to hashing at 66% now!

How about the 28nm boards when 28nm chips get ready?  who will design and product boards for you ?

redbeans2012

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 01:26:02 AM

Update:

I wanted to give everyone an update and formally introduce a structure for news releases and updates.  

Firstly, the Board is nearing the final stages of completion; we still have a few more people to speak with before the final makeup of the board is carved out.  Please remain patient, it was never going to be a process where applicants submit and we determine the board immediately.  We still need to do some research on a few remaining applicants and some potential discussions with the candidates we have identified.  For the few I have contacted, you know who you are and probably now understand this is a process.  Like them, please remain patient, I cannot stress this enough.

Secondly, the repeated requests for updates.  As I said two days ago, we are focused on the tasks at hand and nothing is going to waver from that front.  There will never be daily Q & A sessions, and I wish everyone could understand why this is.  If we spent all of our time addressing the legitimate (and frequent illegitimate posts), no concrete, structured, easy to understand and read, information could be released.  It would fall further into a mash of posts, news and not news worthy contributions.  However, I am, and always have been, on freenode #ActiveMining for up to 8 hours each day.  If you have questions or concerns that you would like answers to I will answer them as best I can.  These threads for Active Mining on Bitcointalk have descended into back and forth off topic discussions and distractions.  It is hard to sift through what is legitimate and what is just banter, also there are questions that just cannot be legally answered at this time.  When the cloud is lifted around our partnerships, more news can be released with regularity, as I mentioned before.  At that point, I will be doing weekly updates, whether there is ground breaking news or not.  My aim is to keep everyone informed as best as humanly possible.

Third, functioning in a PR role for ActiveMining is not just a few minutes per day of answering questions and releasing news, it has morphed into full time.  Believe me I am not complaining, I just want to paint the picture for you; I would like to note, I am not being paid for my services.  Ken and I have an agreement, nothing more, and no compensation is changing hands.  I took on this role in an attempt to quell fears, uncertainty and doubt, but also to assist in steering the PR facing side of ActiveMining in the right direction.  There is still a lot of work to be done.  I meet or speak with Ken on almost a daily basis, help formulate an opinion held by the majority of shareholders and communication, assist in the board formation, and take on a further role outside of just being a PR mouth for ActiveMining.  It is not simply just a few minutes a day job.  All of the information I receive is from the CEO, and whatever he can release to me or allows to be released is passed along.

Prototypes:

These are still in the testing phase.  The image I have received since the initial pictures of the Engineers working on the boards was late last night.  The screenshot can be seen below of cgminer and one of the prototypes hashing at 66% capacity.  There was a problem with the UART, but it has too been resolved.  The Engineers are operating on the design specifications released by Avalon and are making progress.  The goals for the prototypes are still the same as when we first set out for them to be built.  This image, and the ones posted earlier, is all that I can publish thus far.  I expect to see more as we come closer to completion.

ACTM should seek these Chinese teams to product Avalon Clones with reasonable price and quick delivery.

With everything designed and open sourced to you , with so long time,  you guys only be able to hashing at 66% now!

How about the 28nm boards when 28nm chips get ready?  who will design and product boards for you ?

This is just the prototype.. they don't even have the chips from avalon yet.  I'm sure by the time they get the actual chips the boards will be fine tuned.
AstroBoy

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 01:43:25 AM

Whereas speculation is not productive when it becomes paranoid and unbound by reason, and

Whereas a vacuum of leadership does not serve the interests of shareholders, and

Whereas noblesse oblige entails those of a regal nature, gifted by nature with superior abilities, serve inferiors,

I hereby appoint myself Chairman Emeritus of the Active Mining Corporation, bound to all discharge all duties thus accrued including strategic advice, public relations, dispute resolution, and miscellaneous other tasks, et cetera.

Motion Denied with Prejudice

Counter Motion for iCEBREAKER to eat a bag of dicks,

All in Favor say aye

aye

Seconded.

aye +3
yuansuyi

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 01:45:33 AM

Update:

Prototypes:

This is just the prototype.. they don't even have the chips from avalon yet.  I'm sure by the time they get the actual chips the boards will be fine tuned.

If they do not have the chips, how could they hashing at 66%.
Could you tell me how to create a prototype without chips hashing 66% capacity with cgminer. LOL.

redbeans2012

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 01:58:49 AM

I'm pretty sure they are using sample chips from Avalon.
ArcticWolf

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 02:11:00 AM

If they do not have the chips, how could they hashing at 66%.
Could you tell me how to create a prototype without chips hashing 66% capacity with cgminer. LOL.

With every large order, Avalon give sample chips well in advance of the final delivery of the order. Im assuming that they are using these sample chips to create the prototypes so that when the final order arrives they have a head start on how to assemble them and get the most out of the chips.

https://www.crypto-trade.com/ref/arcticwolf Try CryptoTrade.com, a new exchange for trading Currencies and Securities
Pages: « 1 ... 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 [193] 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 ... 338 »
  Print  

Jump to: