Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:56:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: A friend sent me .03 BTC - what to do now?  (Read 2948 times)
phelbaby

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:33:57 PM

It will be nice you invest but only invest  into other crypto but only what you can bear if a losses comes along the way
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lelylely

Activity: 588

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:35:50 PM

So long story short, a friend owed me for a favor and since I did not have bitcoin before he asked If I would take it in BTC. I didn't mind since I can cash out whenever.
My question is.. what do you think? Its a decent chunk of money for me to just hope something keeps rising, do you think I should "let it ride" or cash out and just be happy with ~$500?

Better kept in bitcoin alone, wait for the price to go up you will get more profit.

joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:58:54 PM

Just continue holding because at the moment when you decide to even exchange it for another currency, you are going to pay a lot of money in the transaction fees alone. Just continue holding because the value is going to go up very soon

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
nankers

Activity: 634
Merit: 118

Bounty Hunter Indonesia

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:13:12 PM

So long story short, a friend owed me for a favor and since I did not have bitcoin before he asked If I would take it in BTC. I didn't mind since I can cash out whenever.
My question is.. what do you think? Its a decent chunk of money for me to just hope something keeps rising, do you think I should "let it ride" or cash out and just be happy with ~$500?
if you see situation now,i think much better if you hold cause price bitcoin now is down or dump.but if you wanna try a trading,you can look altcoin for your investment with your bitcoin

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀          1,000,365%   APY          ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
gunungkembar

Activity: 545
Merit: 43

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:14:22 PM

it's enough for your capital to play trading, you can use bitcoin to buy altcoin which is cheaper and if altcoin price goes up then we will get profit.
1bitcoinsnet

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:43:09 PM

sell and put into bch and xrp

athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:01:22 PM

There are two options for this kind of situation, which :
1. Hold. If you have a steady job, a monthly fees, and not a big lifestyle (your monthly fees can cover it), then I suggest you do the hold. The value can increase in the future, maybe beyond your imagination later.
2. Cash out. If you really need the money because of something important. By something important I mean it is like you have no food, no water to drink, cant cover your daily needs, emergency situation, then you should cash out.

In the end, it is your decision. Do it wisely, if you want to spend, spend it wisely, if you want to hold, hold it with patience. Good luck with your choice
criticoflife

Activity: 353
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:07:42 PM

split it into around 5 different coins to minimize your risk! holding btc right now if that is all of your money is far too dangerous with the uncertain btc market right now. Get some eth it seems to be more stable right now.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
bisectfinance

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:23:26 AM

A good option would be to cash out what you need and leave a bit for investment. It would still depend on you and what you value more.
Hotrod_88

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:27:43 AM

That is pretty much small for me but as a gift that was given to you that is a lot of money and if you needed a money you should cash it all our because you needed it but if you have some stable financial situation i advice you to just hold it for a while because are gonna get a lot more money in that.  Because we all know that the value of bitcoins are getting larger and larger butbthe decision is always on you and you should start to earn more to not waste the opportunity that are happening to you.
Sab11

Activity: 524
Merit: 100

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:32:25 AM

500$ worth of bitcoin is good gift, its up to you because its your money, for me its better to hold it for years, or invest it to duble up your profit.

► EzyStayz ◄ ♦ A Global Holiday Rental Platform Powered by Crypto ♦ ► EzyStayz ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Facebook|Telegram|Instagram|Youtube
Mokter

Activity: 180

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:39:08 AM

if you do not have any financial crisis,then you can hold for long term to get better profit when its price will increase.Besides you can earn better profit by trading,if you have enough knowledge about this.
Weaklies

Activity: 54

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:41:14 AM

If you know the person who sent you BTC who sent the BTC than you should tell him about it. And make him realize that i could have taken the money. And not tell you.But i was kind and told you about it. So you should give me 0.1 bitcoin because you are about to loose 0.3 bitcoin.
Davinus

Activity: 258
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:46:22 AM

The funniest part in here is that you can not do almost anything with that amount of money. Why dont you use it to buy some stuff or just enjoy it? I dont want to be rude, but 0.03 is dust if you want to keep investing that amount in here
lienfaye

Activity: 2926
Merit: 629

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:53:16 AM

If you dont need your money yet just hold it because sooner bitcoin will increase again maybe early next year after this holiday season wherein most of users cashout their bitcoins. Its a good chance also to invest in altcoins just choose the one that is likely to pump sooner or later.

lelahkenabanned

Activity: 329

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:55:02 AM

actually if you can use it then you can get more than $ 500 because 0.03 BTC is very much and we can buy altcoin for investment and long term savings.
Alaminshaikh

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:02:44 AM

Have a good money 500$ ,i thinks it's a good time to holding. Bcz now BTC dumping, so when BTC pumping then you can do it trading or Investment. So now you can take this holding.its better.
Blueblade

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:06:41 AM

It's good to have a hold on now.Bit coin will continue to rise in the coming days.It's easy to get profit right now.If not, you can buy other crypto currency.Or invest in getting profits.If you do not want to change your own money and buy any items
Kalatas

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:10:53 AM

For me if I have the value you maybe I will take it as a opportunity to avail the amount that BTC appreciate. Then if dont still the money I want stick to that and wati patiently.
donovank

Activity: 84
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:19:47 AM

Put it all in XBY.

For real, read their whitepaper: https://xtrabytes.global/whitepaper.pdf
It's an amazing coin, while the whole market was dumping, this coin was still pumping.

And the new testnet and XCITE clients are comming out soon, you will want to be on that Xtrain
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: