Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:53:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: A friend sent me .03 BTC - what to do now?  (Read 2948 times)
iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 04:02:36 AM

You are lucky that your friend gave you 0.03 Bitcoin. It may be small for now, but it can become big next time. So for now, let it rest in your wallet. Do not cash it out. Just hold as long as you can. Its price is climbing up again this year. I really think its price this year or on the next following years will be greater than its price last year. I hope you have not cashed it out yet.
I think 0.03 btc is including small amount mate. even though the bitcoin price goes up twice as much as it, i think will not make you rich? I think it would be much better if you grow your bitcoin, maybe by trade, binary, investment, etc. I think it would be much better because certainly the amount of your bitcoin will be more much and will provide greater benefits than just holding back, after all risk is 0% because your bitcoin is free from your friend right ? lol
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Panyut

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 04:09:08 AM

You only need to do mining with the capital given to you, you should be able to make 0.3 BTC  more
coynedterm

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 04:10:38 AM

So long story short, a friend owed me for a favor and since I did not have bitcoin before he asked If I would take it in BTC. I didn't mind since I can cash out whenever.
My question is.. what do you think? Its a decent chunk of money for me to just hope something keeps rising, do you think I should "let it ride" or cash out and just be happy with ~$500?
I have three options for you to use .
First option is to make inevstment of or your btc in any project , looking legimate and make profit into big .
Second option for you to make trading with your bitcoin for those altcoins which are having flcutuations much weekly ,and make small small earnings in small small % day by day .
Third option for you to do nothing , just hold your btc in your wallet fo 2-3 years and then enjoy it for much amount of money .
Otherwise if you will sell your bitcoin today then what you will get , only small amount of money and nothing , so to have bitcoin instead of fiat will be more better for you .

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 04:22:31 AM

So long story short, a friend owed me for a favor and since I did not have bitcoin before he asked If I would take it in BTC. I didn't mind since I can cash out whenever.
My question is.. what do you think? Its a decent chunk of money for me to just hope something keeps rising, do you think I should "let it ride" or cash out and just be happy with ~$500?

It is pretty simple. Here are your options.

If you are not familiar or not interested with Bitcoin or cyrpto currency and you really don't need the money then just hold it and forget about it. Just put your wallet logins on where you can remember it. You maybe surprise on how much it will be worth after a few years.

If you know how to trade then use it for trading.

If you really need the money then cash it out.

josephinerosdy

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 04:44:06 AM

why you cash out if you can earn more in crypto. you can just hold for long term or change to altcoin and trade it to earn more profit.
but if you have no idea about bitcoin / crypto and not interested in crypto, the best way is cash out.
Clover_Faith

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:17:53 AM

Wow. If some one give me a bitcoin i will pray them for being kind. And i spend it to important things. But you can use it to invest to make it grow or trade it to use its your choice what to do.

▬▬ ● ● Papusha ● ● ▬▬
▰▰ WHITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰     PAPUSHA ROCKET TECHNOLOGY ICO COOMING SOON   ▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
 ▲▼ WEB SITE  ▲▼ TWITTER  ▲▼ TELEGRAM  ▲▼ FACEBOOK   ▲▼ MEDIUM  ▲▼
pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:23:58 AM

It's up to you to do whatever you want with it, though if a friend sent me that I'd be tempted to keep it for a long time. While the bitcoin bubble may burst, there is the possibility of the price going multiples higher if the right upgrades are made to the network and soon.
adhika.g

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:47:17 AM

I would advise you keep it or start trading with small amount to see if it interests you
Maheshkumar_Hrangkhawl

Activity: 600
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:34:08 PM

Your friend might have paid quite a lot in paying the transaction fee. IMO, 0.03 BTC is not a very big amount. Even if the exchange rates increase by 1,000%, the coins will be worth less than $5K. Not a very significant amount of money as far as I am concerned. Perhaps you can use this amount as a starting block. You must add upon this amount and aim for BTC1.00.
sr32703

Activity: 560
Merit: 104

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 04:45:19 PM

you should hold it because bitcoin price now little bit up & down. I think price will increase fastly. while price high then sell it & earn huge money.

raven1322

Activity: 171
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:19:27 AM

Since its technically a money that you can afford to lose, maybe you can try and perform some alts trading. Or You can just buy other altcoins and hold it until it grows then sell it to bitcoin again.

Kulafu

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:22:50 AM

Trade it and double the amount. that btc is a good start to be the trade of btc.

DATAREUM.NET  |  A DECENTRALIZED MARKETPLACE FOR DATA
━━━━━⚫     Pre-ICO starts at APR 28, 2018     ⚫━━━━━
Sunyoto

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:30:16 AM
Last edit: January 11, 2018, 09:41:36 AM by Sunyoto

If I think it's better to think about strategies for how we can make a lot of profit in the future. I think you will be lucky in your future because for me the value of 0.3 bitcoin is not small, you can invest your bitcoin in trading it very quickly get results in the short term. than you sell it nowadays you will lose huge profits for you.because you will get many benefits because bitcoin price is promising everyone. Because many do on bitcoin the bitcoin price will tend to be even higher.
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:43:28 AM

It depends on you. It will rise up. If you don't need money very urgently then why not let it go up.

Holding on it is a great option and if you want to earn faster profit then do trade it. Start learning first because you got a good amount of bitcoin to use as your capital. Cryptoworld is a great source of money which offers amazing technology, do it wise.
Selapesek

Activity: 73

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:56:22 AM

You seem to be a budding entrepreneur if you don’t need the money then let it ride but make sure you store it somewhere you have full control over. You could also benefit from the wave of airdrops and Bitcoin forks which may add value also
housa

Activity: 48

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:02:46 AM

This depends on your own decision, this is your money, I suggest you can try to choose to ride it and I think you wouldn't lose out considering that $500 dollar you got for a favor.  
ostrogoto2012

Activity: 1134
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:08:19 AM

This depends on your own decision, this is your money, I suggest you can try to choose to ride it and I think you wouldn't lose out considering that $500 dollar you got for a favor.  

I would wait little bit, cash out when bitcoin is around 20k dollars would be the best choise , or he can reinvest in other project! what do you think about it?

██████████
                   ████████████
                 ██████████████
               ████████████████
             ██████████████████
██████████           ██████████          ██████████
██████████           █████████           ██████████
██████████           ███████     ██████████████████
██████████████████████████     ████████████████████
████████████████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████████████████     ████████████████████████
████████████████████     ██████████████████████████
██████████████████     ███████           ██████████
██████████           █████████           ██████████
██████████          ██████████           ██████████
                    ██████████████████
                    ████████████████
                    ██████████████
                    ████████████
                    ██████████
.PrimeDAO - An Adoption Engine for Open Finance.
arcfaith

Activity: 100
Merit: 13

Work smart, Play hard

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:25:32 AM

That's kind of your friend lol. I will recommend converting BTC to ETH after holding it for half to a month more when BTC rises back. From there, you can use ETH to look into different coins that you feel is worth investing.

reck1ess

Activity: 350
Merit: 30

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:31:40 AM

My suggestion would be to hold for a while and wait for bitcoin price to rise up a but. Right now bitcoin goes down so holding would be a good idea.  Well it still depend on you on what to do with your money.

gakadem

Activity: 168
Merit: 106

No success in a short time

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:40:06 AM

you should use for capital tradding, because if only in silence it will not increase ..
look for altcoin that you think will potentially rise in price, and you can sell it later, so your BTC balance increases
but it's up to you also somehow what you will do

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: