Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:50:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: A friend sent me .03 BTC - what to do now?  (Read 2948 times)
Dorion2124

Activity: 127
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:19:46 PM

So long story short, a friend owed me for a favor and since I did not have bitcoin before he asked If I would take it in BTC. I didn't mind since I can cash out whenever.
My question is.. what do you think? Its a decent chunk of money for me to just hope something keeps rising, do you think I should "let it ride" or cash out and just be happy with ~$500?

If you have bitcoin like that for now, my advice is hold it because the equivalent of .03 bitcoin now is too low, so hold it and wait till your investment will increase more. But if you need money then cash it out so you can use it for important thing Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
yupek

Activity: 134

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:28:49 PM

thank you clearly. and consider before selling what is given from the friend consider it a serious gift and we must be careful in making use of what is given from others
dedens212

Activity: 208

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 05:57:05 PM

in fact all the decisions are in your own hands, only if I have a suggestion, I think you can cash out some and part you can invest in the second level coin after Bitcoin. The coin is Altcoin. I think Altcoin can still be a choice because in Altkoin there are still many cheap, potential and profitable coins. One of them you can invest at lol, I think that coin will have a promising future for investment.
mk239

Activity: 6

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 05:58:31 PM

u can invest to increase theses
Apes

Activity: 1316
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 06:13:45 PM

If you do not need the money better you hold and wait for its value to rise, because .03 The Price situation is still low and if you wait for the right time to sell it will be very high when the price goes up .. You wait at least 1 or 2 years ahead will be the value Very large ..
felicita
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1031

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 06:22:14 PM

i also think you should hold this little amount maybe incresse it by doing some offerealls or free stuff to collect some free Bitcoin .

regards
Virtual miner

Activity: 728
Merit: 275

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 06:32:10 PM

That depends. If you need money then cash out, but if you are in no need of the funds, the hold on because sooner or later the price of the bitcoin will rise.

You may consider buying more as an addition to that because it won't be that much profotable given that it is a small amount. Holding would be the best choice to do upon recieving Bitcoin. Especially right now whereas the market price is low. Once the market value of Bitcoin recover, you will be able to earn bigger profit feom that amount.

That can also be done because the rate right now is very low. Don't go for a whole value, instead buy a fractional value. But if you are really not interested in the crypto trading or investment, then don't force yourself into anything. But trust me, if you take out some time, you will gradually gain some interest into the crypto market because it's such an interesting topic.
Ayush rana

Activity: 476
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 06:48:18 PM

As you are new i would suggest you to take your money in terms of bitcoin and then exchange your bitcoins with other good coin. By this method you can multiply your money easily.

matipoto

Activity: 85
Merit: 2

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 02:32:24 PM

So long story short, a friend owed me for a favor and since I did not have bitcoin before he asked If I would take it in BTC. I didn't mind since I can cash out whenever.
My question is.. what do you think? Its a decent chunk of money for me to just hope something keeps rising, do you think I should "let it ride" or cash out and just be happy with ~$500?

At the end what have you done? Have you cash out in time or you have fully taken the market crash that we had from mid-January till now? I'm very curious...

SMART CONTAINERS : https://smartcontainers.ch/
Temperature-sensitive logistics.   Revolutionized.
weeg4

Activity: 26

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:40:28 AM

You should do an understanding of Bitcoin first and observe its price. After you have a certain understanding of it, you can also buy some and wait for the time.
BitcoinMarketer39

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

ADABsSsSsSsSSSsS

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:47:41 AM

Just keep on holding your coin because there are speculations that bitcoins price will even surpass $20k dollars this year and that is the time you should cash out your coins because you will surely earn a huge amount of profit by that day.

SaiWAFU

Activity: 193
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:56:24 AM

Share your blessings! I'll pm you my wallet address. Kidding!  Grin

I suggest that you read about trading. Look for new tokens  with ICO's. Of course there would be risks instead of cashing it out. If you wanted to earn more, you need to give a little effort, but if you're contented with that it's up to you as well.

Think of it this way, a friend of yours has given you a pair of chicken, would you let them lay eggs or make a meal out of them?  Grin
vinasky

Activity: 103

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 09:44:18 AM

If there is no need for money for the current moment, it is better to hold them at least until the end of the summer

The BTC should grow, everyone believes this  Smiley
KrishaBitcoin

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 09:55:27 AM

Be practical person, if you need the money for special and emergency use then convert it to fiat and spend it but if you have much money then better to just keep it as Bitcoin and hold as future investment specially at this moment the value of 0.03BTC is much cheaper compare to last year. So better it will be keep and who knows it will make the price value to multiple folds and make you very rich someday.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                        
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
gwopr

Activity: 296

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 02:35:13 PM

Leave them to the future.I think that you should not sell such a small amount and better wait until she will increase although would a bit
weeg4

Activity: 26

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 05:12:08 AM

After 3 months, I didn't get any benefit. Learning is the best thing. You can get more experience and knowledge. Then in the future, I believe you can certainly gain something.
bbq6

Activity: 96

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 05:14:46 AM

If you are for money, you can cash out now. If you want to get more money, I think you should buy more bitcoins, and when the price goes up, you will earn more money.
ereme

Activity: 30

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 05:31:55 AM

Just keep it in your wallet as it is extra money and you do not need it for expenses. As prices increase, it can be quite valuable.
TechnoBibble

Activity: 179
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 05:36:08 AM

Be careful how u ask for advise, l think you should ask your friend that gave you the bitcoin to advise you on what to do with it.
saffira

Activity: 700

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 05:59:43 AM

Being patient is what you need. Bitcoin value is volatile and it proven  its value in the past years. Try waiting. The value will rise again. However, it is your decision. It is risky to invest. You may gain or lose money. If it just like your extra money, I mean not so important, then I think it is worth waiting.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: